Hoaxing Poll

Cotter

Have you ever hoaxed?  

78 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Thought this may be an interesting poll. Not that I suspect a hoaxer to be honest, but perhaps we may find some interesting results.

Now, 'hoaxing' can mean playing a prank on a friend, sitting on a highway overpass wearing a gorilla suit, laying tracks, or what have you.

Have at 'er folks!

Edited by Cotter

It needs fixing.

I voted no, but it said I had to answer both parts. How do you answer the last one if you answered no to the first one?

^Gigantofootecus...

Did not know that, well that hurts the poll intent, figured it'd be anonymous.

Oh well, was a novel idea to begin with anyway....

Hey, as an aside, did you contact Daniel P?

Guest Steve Byrne

I've been trying to make tracks when I go to the beach or sand dunes and I'm playing with my kids (according to the rules, I am a hoaxer... Muahaha!). It's freaking hard! If you want to call these things fakes or not fakes, then trying to make your own fakes is a useful exercise. You learn things... Where do you put the extra dirt? How do you not leave knee prints? How would you make a long trackway without collateral prints? How about in new snow? As an engineer, this is a great puzzle to consider.

@ Drew - was the intent to fool someone?

I think intent is important.

Also, please note that I have included pranks as hoaxes as well.