Hoaxing Poll

Cotter

Have you ever hoaxed?  

78 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

SSR Team

I notice there is someone who said that they have hoaxed vocals.

I'm not sure how that would happen ?

The only way I could see how someone was hoaxing vocals would be if they done it to other people who then believed they were listening to Sasquatches and filed a report somewhere suggesting such.

If instead you just went out in the woods and screamed for a while, then that's not necessarily hoaxing.

I just don't want the numbers got be skewed especially with something as serious as hoaxing in this subject especially.

I'm a bit surprised by the poll numbers honestly. I figured I'd be getting some stories about how some folks scared the bejeezus out of friends and family.

Got some upstanding poll participants here!

I once thought about making some fake footprints to keep other bowhunters out of a great spot I found on some public land. I decided against it though because with the popularity of "bigfooting" growing, I was worried it would attract more people to the spot than it would run off.

I'm a bit surprised by the poll numbers honestly. I figured I'd be getting some stories about how some folks scared the bejeezus out of friends and family.

Got some upstanding poll participants here!

I am guilty of scaring the bejeezus out of people in the wood twice but not hoaxing bigfoot, only because it happened to me.

Hiking in the Hoh rain forest years ago, a friend and I set up camp and I decided to go for a run up the trail. There was wind fall on the trail, I came to a BIG! downed cedar tree and had to go under it to get by came out from under it started running came around a big standing cedar and almost ran into the butt of a bull elk! I could have slaped it I was that close. I was so shocked as was the elk we both bolted opposite directions. I went back to camp and ran into my friend who decided to go climb up a waterfall coming off the side hill. I was standing there watching him when

this voice from behind me says "Hello". Allready being on edge I jumped and spun around and there was a tall Native Americam. He said "sorry I did'nt mean to scare you". well I never forgot that and decided to pay more attention while hiking.

What I did was one time I was hiking down from Butte camp near Mt St Helens when I heard some people aproaching. I just moved behind a tree next to the trail and as they passed never saw me and never would have but I just said "hello" and boy did they jump. I said "sorry diid'nt mean to scare you." Then another time same thing on a trail neat blue lake on west side of St Helens, heard people before they saw me I stood under a washed out bank as they passed said "hello" and got the same reaction. Not very nice on my part, One thing is for sure its very easy to be un detected when you hear people before they see or hear you, makes me wonder how easy it is for Sasquatch, after all it his neighboorhood.