Hoaxing Poll

Cotter

Have you ever hoaxed?  

78 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

SSR Team

It looks like Tontar's voted..;)

• Upvote 1

^Gigantofootecus...

Did not know that, well that hurts the poll intent, figured it'd be anonymous.

Oh well, was a novel idea to begin with anyway....

Hey, as an aside, did you contact Daniel P?

Yep.

Just so you know Cotter, voting and plussing is not anonymous to the admin.

Incorrect... well partially.

On who plussed a post ? yes you are correct.

On who voted which way in a poll ? Incorrect, and I just checked to make sure I'm giving you the truth.

Obviously mods and admins can edit posts, and polls- but it doesnt show "who" voted which way, it just shows the current tally of how many people voted in each category.

No secrets here G-foot... and If there was a way for staff to see who voted a certain way in a poll- I'd be the first one to have a problem with that.

-A-

I've been trying to make tracks when I go to the beach or sand dunes and I'm playing with my kids (according to the rules, I am a hoaxer... Muahaha!). It's freaking hard! If you want to call these things fakes or not fakes, then trying to make your own fakes is a useful exercise. You learn things... Where do you put the extra dirt? How do you not leave knee prints? How would you make a long trackway without collateral prints? How about in new snow? As an engineer, this is a great puzzle to consider.

I was considering setting up an experiment this spring after I till and rake the garden. Though I really don't know if I want to spend ANY amount of time trying to make rigid and flexible stompers. Heck, short of jig-sawing out a piece of wood, I don't think I have the equipment to make 'decent' 3-D features.

Edit - that's cool Art. I thought that would have been a bit well....weird, considering the lengths the BFF goes to protect folks identities (hoaxers and non alike).

I wonder if anyone would like to change their vote! LOL!

Edited by Cotter

An admin said he is actually.

To my knowledge, again being honest- Rick Dyer is not a BFF member.

If so, the original thread that's been so popular for the last week would have been shut down immediately because of some of the things being said about him. If he was a member here, he'd be afforded the same protection that our rules and guidelines offer to each member.

EDITED to add- Please do not turn this thread into another Rick Dyer discussion... !

Incorrect... well partially.

On who plussed a post ? yes you are correct.

On who voted which way in a poll ? Incorrect, and I just checked to make sure I'm giving you the truth.

Obviously mods and admins can edit posts, and polls- but it doesnt show "who" voted which way, it just shows the current tally of how many people voted in each category.

No secrets here G-foot... and If there was a way for staff to see who voted a certain way in a poll- I'd be the first one to have a problem with that.

-A-

Thx Art!

To my knowledge, again being honest- Rick Dyer is not a BFF member.

If so, the original thread that's been so popular for the last week would have been shut down immediately because of some of the things being said about him. If he was a member here, he'd be afforded the same protection that our rules and guidelines offer to each member.

EDITED to add- Please do not turn this thread into another Rick Dyer discussion... !

Of course RD is a member here. It's so easy to be an anonymous sock it isn't funny. But you don't need to be a member to follow most of the threads anyway.

IMO, the BFF/BFRO/etc. are instrumental in his stinky quest, whatever that might be. He'll always be a deviated prevert* to me.

* DSL

Edited by Gigantofootecus

I'm a bit surprised by the poll numbers honestly. I figured I'd be getting some stories about how some folks scared the bejeezus out of friends and family.

Got some upstanding poll participants here!

I've never hoaxed, but the more and more I think about it...

It seems to me, especially in this day and age, the latest Bigfoot craze, with millions out there who want to believe, why wouldn't someone want to cash in on it?

Heck, you can get people to pay you beaucoup $$ to take them camping, as long as you have someone banging around in the woods in the dark, throwing rocks in your general direction and banging a couple of trees with sticks. MM showed us that.

had a friend at work suggest hoaxing to me.

I said I would have no part of it!! Hoaxing ruins your credibility. If I ever had solid evidence, I would want to be believed.

Edited by daveedoe

I've never hoaxed, but the more and more I think about it...

It seems to me, especially in this day and age, the latest Bigfoot craze, with millions out there who want to believe, why wouldn't someone want to cash in on it?

Heck, you can get people to pay you beaucoup $$ to take them camping, as long as you have someone banging around in the woods in the dark, throwing rocks in your general direction and banging a couple of trees with sticks. MM showed us that.

You could just get a passive income going just by running a successful youtube channel featuring BF.

I do believe quite a few reports are hoaxes some trackway but any experienced tracker can spot a fake. And of course most videos then throw in misidentification and you have about 60-70% of reports covered. However that leaves 30-40% that can only be explained that there is indeed an elusive bipedal creature I roaming remote forested areas of North America