Ignorance Really Is Bliss!

Guest Bigfoot Proof

Reading these stories it is like the hunters or outdoorsmen don't really have a point of reference to make sense of what they see, hear, or smell. It's like a primitive people first seeing someone use a gun, they see it as some kind of magical thunder stick. While the idea of BF is becoming more popular, when you have a culture of denial and the idea of the impossibility of the existence of a giant bipedal hominid there is no point of reference your mind will allow. They see it yet they are trying mentally to put a round peg in a square hole: it must have been a bear or it was a really big strange dude with these big yellow eyes! Or they hear it and think the gates of hell have opened up. Or they smell "that bad smell" and have nothing to compare it to or how to categorize it.

It seems that for all the encounters with the hunters the common theme is their fear of it, often debilitating fear. Thinking about this from the perspective of the BF, to put myself in his shoes feet, I think hunting season has to put them on edge to the point of being angry and ready to protect their families, their herds of deer, and their territory. I would also imagine they must have a sense of satisfaction to scare the posterior matter out of "littlefoot" with their thunder sticks.

I have noticed that since bigfoot has become more "mainstream" here lately with shows like finding bigfoot and others on national tv that many more people are becoming aware of what the signs of bigfoot are. I have noticed this on several threads on hunting sights about "unusual outdoor experiences" where people share their stories and others will respond that ofen what they describe is classic bigfoot behavior.

In refrence to your last comment about hunters, where I live deer archery season is 5 months long plus a month long spring turkey season and another month or two of small game season. The other several months I am usually in these same areas fishing or hiking with my family, watching my herds of deer with their fawns take their first steps, in my territory. Maybe because I spend so much time in these areas I have never had any intimidation behavior even though the county I spend most of my time in has many sightings. Not every hunter is only out there for a few days each year packing a gun and shooting at anything that moves. Many of us love the natural world and see ourselves as caretakers of the local animal population.

Yes Furious, they are all related to bigfoot.

Frankly I don't understand what people see as so interesting about a correlation between rainfall and bigfoot reports. Basically, annual precip totals above about 30" support the growth of forest in temperate environments. Getting excited about a correlation between "forest" and "bigfoot" is about as silly as getting excited about a correlation between lakes and lake monsters.

If a bigfoot walks through the desert and no one is there to see it, is it there?

Thanks for this compilation, really interesting reading. A bow hunter at my "site"left camp predawn headed for what I know to be home territory cliffs of BFs. He returned before 10:30am. I found that odd as he was clearly experienced, camping alone, about 50, and really physical. He said he came across scat twice on the way up, and it was puzzling because although really big it wasn't bear. He continued anyway toward a particular lower cliff level to scout from. Less than 300 yards from the base of the cliff he became overwhelmed with dread, or as he put it, "my gut said go, and I did." He seemed surprised to be back in camp with the whole day ahead, especially given he was set on his destination and had been waiting for this season with anticipation. He has hunted both bear and cougar with bow and has never walked off a hunt before. I showed him my video of a BF at that site (same ole tough resoution stuff, but definately there). He stayed through that night, pretty quiet in camp, listening to the radio. He left in the morning, but not before getting some website addys to find more information about Bigfoots.

Recently a 69yr old man in Paradise, Cali claimed to have been saved from a cougar attack by a bear. He had passed the bear with cubs no problem, but just later up the trail was jumped and pulled down by a cougar. Managing to grab a rock he rolled over to hit it only to find this bear pulling the cougar off him. He ran, hobbled, to his car. The local news ran the story, interviewed him and his wife and displayed his pretty nasty wounds. He returned to say thanks, but found neither bear of cougar. I liked that story. A few days later local loggers/hunters lifetime NorCal men just laughed when I brought up the story...they had seen the news too. Not one of them would publically admit to believing the story.....total "Tall Tale" they said, and I couldn't get any of them to even consider the possiblity. Anyway, some of the "outdoors" types live in a culture where one just can't accept these stories, perhaps it would appear "soft?"

Needless to say, I did not relate any Bigfoot stories.

p.s Over three years this same group of Bfs remained in the that area (and may be there now, I just left) with rainfall around 10" year, BFRO shows reports from the 80's and NA oral tradition also points to this area. There were several perennial springs that supplied water though the summer. They could travel from about 7000feet at the peak to just 1,500feet (and all that ecosystem change, from aspens/ponderosa to creosote/cactus) in just a few miles (mostly vertical!). They enjoyed a great deal of flora/fauna diversity. I talked with accidental witnesses to tracks as low as about 2,500 feet and personally witnessed them at 5000feet and above.

Edited by apehuman

Guest OntarioSquatch

Recently I've been sending emails to fishing/hunting lodge owners in Ontario asking if they have had sightings. A few replied back saying they have had unexplained things happen over the years and a few others have said they had people witness them and have been harassed by them overnight. It really adds more evidence to the possibility that there might be more Sasquatch than we might think there are. It's only a matter of time before these are acknowledged by science as real animals.

; 762 rifle calaber 30 round magazine 762 semi-automatic

762 with a large magazine capacity,over 15 rounds, and carry several magazines.

50 calaber weapons would deafen you.

My soldier son recommended these weapons.

I have no clue what I'm talking about with these weapons, but I asked my son what would take down an 800 pound animal.

He said it would be sad to kill BF, my thought is that BF could become a protected species with a confirmed kill, so I'm torn. Protect, or leave alone?

Provide a type specimen SO you can protect the species.........

Military weapons are not all that good at hunting. There are a plethora of calibers out there for dangerous game that were developed by hunters over the decades. :hunter:

I am not moved by the idea that ignorance is/could/might be bliss.

@apehuman - You tell your stories well and you say you have lots of data.

You have tried to attract the attention of academics and inspire some

interest in BF and in what you have already learned about the subject.

BFF might not be the site for formal research on custom databases but

it might become a clearinghouse for this kind of data. Should that show

signs of happening, I hope you will consider sharing what you know in

some formal way.

If someone were to set up a data warehouse for your kinds of BF data