Ignorance Really Is Bliss!

Guest Bigfoot Proof

Guest OntarioSquatch

THat's pretty cool. I never even thought of all the outdoor reports that could possibly point to bigfoot.

Guest BFSleuth

Reading these stories it is like the hunters or outdoorsmen don't really have a point of reference to make sense of what they see, hear, or smell. It's like a primitive people first seeing someone use a gun, they see it as some kind of magical thunder stick. While the idea of BF is becoming more popular, when you have a culture of denial and the idea of the impossibility of the existence of a giant bipedal hominid there is no point of reference your mind will allow. They see it yet they are trying mentally to put a round peg in a square hole: it must have been a bear or it was a really big strange dude with these big yellow eyes! Or they hear it and think the gates of hell have opened up. Or they smell "that bad smell" and have nothing to compare it to or how to categorize it.

It seems that for all the encounters with the hunters the common theme is their fear of it, often debilitating fear. Thinking about this from the perspective of the BF, to put myself in his shoes feet, I think hunting season has to put them on edge to the point of being angry and ready to protect their families, their herds of deer, and their territory. I would also imagine they must have a sense of satisfaction to scare the posterior matter out of "littlefoot" with their thunder sticks.

Quoting a story from the beginning of the thread....

"We pretty much know there is no one out there since the lone guy we saw had passed us hours...HOURS ago.

So we are all just sitting around by candle light when all of a sudden we hear, somewhat close by, a person shout "Hello!" We all turned.....yelled back but got nothing. A few minutes later, less loudly, we hear it again...."Hello!" We can't see any headlamp in the darkness, so Hiker fast turns on his headlamp and heads up the trail a decent ways, maybe a hundred yards or so, returns and says he didn't see anything.

No person, no headlamp shining in the night, no footprints save for the guy from the previous in the day and heading only one direction...away. We all heard it, we all agreed it sounded like someone saying Hello, it was that clear and crisp but no explanation. "

! It seems I am not the only person who heard a bf say "hello" clear as day. I am so glad to read this. (Sanity check--AOK) (I have a video where you can hear a word...it was hello...I am going to try to adjust the sound to make it clearer, as I just found out you can do that...)

They certainly can say say "Hello"!

I posted an audio clip of two saying it, but apparently I was the only one that could hear it.

So I'm on a hike, hear someone walking parallel to me just out of sight, or catch a glimpse of a disproportionate person walking through the woods, then stop and call "Hello!" to prompt them to say something back, because I want to know why they're trying not to be seen.

Not unreasonable, and even likely that people call Hello to them on occassion. They don't need to understand the word itself to understand its purpose. That they can mimic the word would be no surprise.

You know, the basic concept applied in this thread can also be applied to getting photo evidence from trailcam threads in hunting and other outdoor themed forums. Here's an eyeshine pic from a trailcam thread entitled: Check This Pic Out

I'm sure if someone wanted to invest the time they'd find all kinds of interesting things. Just sayin.....

Sorry guys but my computer crashed after I did the last group.

Hopefully these aren't repeats

As before I will edit out any foul language, but if I miss one please let me know

http://zombiehunters...9&hilit=bigfoot

Re: strangest thing you have ever seen

Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:00 pm

I saw a bigfoot-looking thing on a winter camping trip once last year. I don't know what the h*** it was, it was definitely white, and looked like it was running on 2 legs, fast, and looked big. M saw it too. We stepped out onto the trail as we were breaking camp and saw it (run) down the trail, about 100 yards from us. We sort of incredulously looked at each other after it dissapeared, like "Uh, did that just happen?

Our friend O was incredulous, but told us about an indian legend of something along the same lines that was supposed to inhabit the very region we were in.

I dunno. I'm not normally a bigfoot/chupucabra/yeti kind of guy. I have no idea how to explain what I saw. Weird.

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

I have to ask if you where in Utah?.

I saw something on 2 legs and pale.at in Utah. Canyon lands to be exact. I told the others who I was camping with and strange freaky (stuff) happened for the next few days at night.. I don't talk about it, in fact none of us ever talk about it. I'm not going to talk about it now but that's where "the pale man" name comes from. Turns out as well that there's local native american legends about the exact same thing.

It's been nearly 2 years and we all get spooked at anything that might even lead to the topic.

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

While doing some primitive solo camping a couple years ago I was well off the beaten path in the woods. I had set up my hammock & tarp and crawled in to get some sleep.

After a while of absolute silence I hear this sound, the sound of something bounding through the woods. It sounded like a giant on a pogo stick, crash-crash-crash! Each time the sound many feet from the last. I heard 2 or 3 getting closer to my camp and it sounded like whatever it was was only a few feet from me. The noise came in from one side of the camp and circled around the other side of me.

I heard maybe 6 or 8 of the sounds. I know it must have been some kind of animal but I didn't hear it coming and almost as soon as I heard it it was gone. Nothing after that. I didn't hear it going off in the distance, it just stopped.

Creepy.

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

A couple of years ago I was hiking in the woods in Oregon and found huge man-like footprints. Probably 16 inches long. If it was a guy he must have been tough as h*** to walk through the stickers barefoot. Creeped me out!

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

there is a book called Pissing in the Snow which is a collection of stories told throughout the Ozarks. One of them is of a white bigfoot that terrorized a small community in the late 19th century. A few animals were ripped apart as well as one person. The thing was tracked and shot at by a couple of people which lost it near a barn, if i remember correctly. I do remember that the story of the murder made it to the Gazette, the largest newspaper at the time.

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

I'm in Utah and me and four friends all saw it while on a church camping trip (not mormon icon_lol.gif) all that we saw was a white head like 7 feet up and some BIG eyes that were staring at us. Then we ran instead like the little whimps we were to get our church camping leader dude and it was gone. Twlight Zone much?

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

I am the protagonist of Jhangles story... The old old woman was walking backwards as the clock was spinning in reverse, other than that difference in perspective everything else rings true.

Wierdest thing ever, in the forest on the top of a hill in Navato CA at about 400 feet above the valley in the midst of giant oak trees my cousin and I heard child screams. Sounded like a young girl.. we immediately discussed the small possibility of hoboes raping a child and instantly began sprinting up the hill toward the sounds.

We heard the sounds like the girl was beside us, as we crested the hill the moon shone down and we could barely make out the trail, the silhuoette of our feet and our bodies. We also made out the silhuoette of a 2 foot tall "thing". It occupied space, it waddled.. 2 awkward bipedal feet like a penguin would as it moved towards us making strange unidentifiable sounds. I went white, we were stunned in fear, my heart didn't beat for a solid 4 seconds. It stopped moving. It was silent for at least 30 seconds and I confirmed with my cousin that I was not hallucinating. We both described the same thing, slowly we calmed and became curious and courageous, we took a step toward this thing and then 'it' accellerated towards us (faster than we thought it could) in the same awkward shambling movements. We freaked and sprinted down the side of the hill and didn't look back. I don't know what the h*** that thing was and I don't want to.

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

A friend of mine posted this on another forum regarding the same topic. I thought you would all enjoy.

"A bit of background here so as you can all follow...

The area I call back home is just outside Apsley Ontario. I spent my summers and every long weekend (outside winter) up there. There was 200 acres of bush to play on. This property belonged to my grand parents. My mother grew up there and after some time, my uncle took over the land from them. There is an additional 3000 or so owned by the Crown and other locals that we make use of. I used to hunt, target practice, dirt bike, 4 wheel etc out there. No one about to bother us or anything. Real freedom. I always walked about carrying a rifle of some sort. Just something we do there.

I used to love walking through the bush on a trail made by animals and people, down to the beaver pond. This pond it about 4 kilometers from our cabin. The pond is quite large and very peaceful.

I was returning back to the camp one late fall evening, about 5:30 or so. I was carrying one of my Garands. It was not dark but more leaning toward dusk. I heard something about 30 meters behind me. I stopped and looked, saw nothing. Continued walking and heard it again, this time a little closer to me but gaining ground, maybe 20 meters. Again I stopped and looked around, nothing. I was only slightly on edge, figuring it was one of my cousins or something (fooling) around with me. Certainly if you have spent anytime at all in the bush, you know the sounds that small animals, deer, bear, or people make in the bush. This was nothing like that.

Again I headed in the direction of home. I heard the rustling starting to moving again, this time sort of off to my right and circling around as if to pass in front of me. I would guess maybe 10 Meters off. I stopped and looked could see nothing. Every time I stopped the rustling stopped. At this point it was starting to lose a little a bit more light but visibility was still pretty good, I was also starting to lose a bit of my nerve. I kicked the safety of my rifle and moved off again a little quicker than before.

The damned noise and movement kept pace and passed further ahead of me. I stopped dead in my tracks, having reached the end of my frigging nerves. I told Wayne, my cousin to stop (fooling) about or he was going to get himself shot. Anyone playing a prank at that point would have stopped. Everyone knows what damage a 30-06 can do. LOL

I started to make faster time, about a moderate jog, its was getting darker and I was about 1 1/2 km form the cabin. I sure as heck had had enough of this crap. All of the sudden about 10 meters ahead of me on the trail was this thing. Don't know what the h*** to call it. Bigger than a man but not a bear or a Bigfoot or anything like that. There was no definite shape to it at all. I dropped to one knee and emptied a clip into it. It let out the most deafening and messed up scream, screech whatever noise I have ever heard in my life. I (deleted)...... very very quickly reloaded, but it took off through the bush toward the creek, to the left of me. Like an idiot I took after it for about 20 meters when I thought better and tore off home at full out run.

I was close enough to the cabin that all heard my shots. Oddly enough no one admitted to hearing the screams. I felt like a total moron, although everyone could tell I was scared as h***. I sat in the camp the rest of the night, I didn't have the balls to go back outside. My uncle, a fellow of about 75 years, told me to relax and that he believed me. He had the same thing happen to him at about my age. Same time, same circumstances. What the heck it was I still do not know, neither did he.

The next morning, I went to show my dad, and my cousin where this took place, because they didn't believe me and I could not let it go. My uncle joined us for whatever moral support he felt he could offer, he never admitted to anyone what had experienced many years before. We found my shell casings and the charger on the ground where I said they would be. We looked all over for any bullet strikes in the trees, none. BUT we did find that something took off through the bush from where I fired, breaking off trees about 2-6 cms around, at about the 25cm height mark. My cousin and father both gave me (a hard time for) firing blindly at a bear. IT weren't no frigging bear.

That year on the deer hunt, I refused to go to my normal watch, which is in the general area of that incident. Old Noel M asked me what why and I started to tell him. He nodded knowingly and that was the end of it for him, he got up and walked off with a rather unsettled look on his face. We never spoke of it again.

Anyways, after many years, I still go to that beaver pond. I sure as heck make certain I am back to the camp long before dusk though."

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

We were way back in the oregon coastal mountains on our way to a hunting spot. We took the wrong route and ended up somewhere in BFE. The nearest town we saw a sign for before we entered the mountains was called "Remote". We decided to camp and were there several hours setting up camp. By the time we had a fire going it was dark and we started drinking some beer. We got to bullshiting and were interrupted by a sound that I can only describe sounded like a monkey imitating us talking. It was close and sounded like no animal I have ever heard. It was creepy.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Edited by MikeG
Multiple profanities removed

Guest vilnoori
I heard child screams. Sounded like a young girl.. we immediately discussed the small possibility of hoboes raping a child and instantly began sprinting up the hill toward the sounds.

We heard the sounds like the girl was beside us, as we crested the hill the moon shone down and we could barely make out the trail, the silhuoette of our feet and our bodies. We also made out the silhuoette of a 2 foot tall "thing". It occupied space, it waddled.. 2 awkward bipedal feet like a penguin would as it moved towards us making strange unidentifiable sounds. I went white, we were stunned in fear, my heart didn't beat for a solid 4 seconds. It stopped moving. It was silent for at least 30 seconds and I confirmed with my cousin that I was not hallucinating. We both described the same thing, slowly we calmed and became curious and courageous, we took a step toward this thing and then 'it' accellerated towards us (faster than we thought it could) in the same awkward shambling movements. We freaked and sprinted down the side of the hill and didn't look back. I don't know what the h*** that thing was and I don't want to.

This is especially fascinating. One of the rare "little bigfoot" sightings, I think! I wonder if "grasshopper man" has actually died out! What are called today H. habilis in Africa, H. georgicus in the area between the Black Sea and Caspian Sea, and H. floresiensis in Indonesia? Might they be a single, though diverse species that has survived from 2 million years back until today? Interesting concept!

Does someone know enough about them to be able to write something about their differences? Are they actually different peoples, or just regional differences? The mention about a waddling gait reminds me of the talk I heard about H. floresiensis' "duck-like" feet and the different pelvic/knee areas from us they are reported to have had.

Guest OntarioSquatch

Annual Rainfall Map

xbb71g.jpg

I believe there is a strong correlation, especially in the left half

A Sighting map

2eaqzbr.png

Edited by OntarioSquatch

Guest FuriousGeorge

I'm going to have to go to Cape Cod, Mass. more often. Looks like a hotbed of bf activity.

The map for iPad sales looks the same, as is the map for people who use Crest toothpaste. Are they all related to bigfoot?

Edited by FuriousGeorge

Yes Furious, they are all related to bigfoot.

Frankly I don't understand what people see as so interesting about a correlation between rainfall and bigfoot reports. Basically, annual precip totals above about 30" support the growth of forest in temperate environments. Getting excited about a correlation between "forest" and "bigfoot" is about as silly as getting excited about a correlation between lakes and lake monsters.

Guest OntarioSquatch

Monsterquest had a geographic anaylist on one of its episodes study the correlation between rainfall and sightings. He did conclude sightings do correlate with rainfall. If you look more carefully at some parts of the maps, there are some really obvious areas. I don't know what an ipad sales maps look like, but I would be amazed if that matches that well :lol:

Edited by OntarioSquatch