Ignorance Really Is Bliss!

Guest Bigfoot Proof

If you can find that place where the knocks, steps and vocals occur you are probably in their living room, thats where you pitch camp and let the games begin. ;)

Susiq, your son is referring to 7.62mm rifles, .30 caliber. In modern terms, he's referring to a 7.62 Nato caliber, in civilian parlance .308 Winchester. A Springfield M1A, an H&K/Cetme, or my preference, a FN/FAL.

Of course nothing wrong with a good ole' M1 Garand. (30.06 Springfield)

Good medicine for large, bipedal creatures when push comes to shove.

Thank you MagniAesir for posting that link.

Bigfoot Proof,

It would be beneficial to the membership if you would also provide links to your stories. Some folks enjoy looking at the sources for this type of information.

Should be easy enough to copy and paste the text in a google search to find the references.

I just decided to copy and paste some of the sightings from the thread I linked to in my last post.

I tried to edit all the swearing out of it, but if I missed a word my apologies (mods please edit out any that I may have missed)

Sasquatch Sighting

Well..here we go...should be interesting to see the reactions on this but WT* !

Funny , this afternoon a freind stopped by to tell me of two guys who were hunting north of gibsons and both watched a 'big hairy upright being' walk across a slide upright on two feet in the middle of nowhere one week ago.

So I'm eating few minutes ago , phone rings with an 'excited' person I know on the other end. his girlfreind JUST saw something " huge and really hairy" walking up the road to her left side TWO HRS AGO ! said it was walking with its back to her , stopped and crouched in the ditch while glaring at her with its eyes reflecting in the lights....she's pretty shook up at the moment...

SO...i am going to skip work and be there for first light to find the tracks as there is lots of snow still , for those on here interested in the topic , this just MIGHT end up being quite interesting..... ..will have camcorder/camera on hand to photo what I find!

These photo’s are from a different member but same thread, shoes are size 10 http://s764.photobucket.com/albums/xx288/photoken/

Re: Sasquatch Sighting

Sadly I shoulda went last night.....went for first light , couldnt figure out where the he!! she was...then HAD to go in to whistler to work....called again , got the exact 'spot'...BUT , our local stoned and verry bored plow truck drivers sc**wed the side of the road and ruined anything up to 20 ft from the edge of the pavement.... ......I even noticed some 'tracks' across the river and waded across in my jeans and work boots....kinda cold....turned out to be human tracks walking the river counting fish er something , saw the two people 30 mintues later...... O WELL !...who knows how long 'whatever' it was was on pavement or where it came onto / off of it....would take me 3 full days to walk the damned thing to see...

Aint over yet , s**t happens all to common up here.....

As far as the 'bashers' go , hehe...anyone that knows me knows I dont G A * what anyone thinks.

There's a few types of readers that will read a thread like this , the people who have seen 'something' and KNOW what I'm talking about ( there's a good handfull of you including myself)

I also know there's more than a few people on here that have DEFFINITELY seen enough 'proof' themselves and DONT WANT TO KNOW.

And then there's the 'simple' ones that will actually TELL PEOPLE what the REALLY saw !..haha...

the saga continues!

i will definitely continue to go look when something comes up AND I'll post it up cause I know there's a BUNCH of guys on here that know what I'm talkin about and are interested!

funny , humans are the most prominant 'herd animal' on the planet...and as true a herd animal is , is scared s***less of what they dont know about!

I once found a single bare foot print on the peaks of Harrison east. It was in spring snow and hard to clearly outline. The toes were ovbvious and my boot fit inside the heal to toe outline. Not sure what it was, but I have my suspicions!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by

I once found a single bare foot print on the peaks of Harrison east. It was in spring snow and hard to clearly outline. The toes were ovbvious and my boot fit inside the heal to toe outline. Not sure what it was, but I have my suspicions!!

Ive got pics of two prints from this year I could post..but its frikkin hard to show em on a camera on hard ground.

One was taken by a search and rescue crew that were looking for a guy who passed away hiking solo on a trail between Squam and north Van...west of Golden Ears provincail park...they said there was a few tracks and they were wayyy in the middle of nowhere and as well sank in the ground an inch and bit where there boots didnt make a mark , said the big toe was real prominant.

I found a juvenile sized track this fall in the middle of frikkin nowhere...but again hard to get across on a camera and no snow...the print sunk deeper than mine and I could clearly see the toes....tough to tell on camera..I'll post em up for the hell of it. in a bit.

I am totally a believer too...about 20 years ago hunting around here myself and my hunting partner came across a set of prints that were the stereotypical 'bigfoot' print, complete with curled over big and second toe. Scared the s**t out of me to do so, but we followed the tracks for about 1400m through a slide and dense second growth before finally losing the tracks. I have no doubt whatever made those tracks was a real creature and no hoax.

here's a couple pics from this year...sadly not too exciting , but interesting to the interested.

http://i443.photobucket.com/albums/qq155/proguide66/securedownload.jpg

http://i443.photobucket.com/albums/qq155/proguide66/footprint.jpg

http://i443.photobucket.com/albums/qq155/proguide66/ram3010007.jpg

http://i443.photobucket.com/albums/qq155/proguide66/ram3010008.jpg

http://i443.photobucket.com/albums/qq155/proguide66/strangeprint.jpg

Haha , cant get me riled on this topic! , goes with the turff....s**t ,my freinds bash the s**t outta me 1oo times worse than this!!

I wont budge on the topic...they are out there! seen one , heard them , spoke to over 40 first hand witness's , read a dozen books on em and KNOW what information is known on them to date,wich is a s**tload....

I'm not trying to 'prove it' to anyone.....turn on the television for 15 minutes and surf....100% proof the majority of us are insane! , dont care what the rest of the herd believes.

BUT , i will post this s**t on here in the future cause I KNOW there's a large amount of people on here that have seen it or know someone has..and is too chicken s**t to tell, but are VERY interested.....wich is ok , cause ya gotta have an insanity level at least close to mine to post anything on here!!...lol

cheers!

Quote:

Originally Posted by

Whenever you have a chance, read this book: Michael Crichton’s book Eaters of the Dead

Read that, never mind.

Read "Grizzlies and White Guys", by Clayton Mack.

"I was fishing in Kwatna all by myself, in August, nobody with me..I got to Jacobson Bay, about fifteen mile from Bella Coola when I saw something right out on low tide. I saw something on the edge of the water. It was kneeling down, like, and I could see his back ******* up on the beach, It looked like he was lifting up rocks or maybe digging clams...I wanted to find out what it was, For a while there I thought it was a grizzly bear, kind of a light colour fur on the back of his neck, like a light brown, almost buckskin colour, fur. I nosed right in toward him to almost seventy-five yards to get a good look...."

Check it out.

i herd from 2 different guys that don't know each other, both work in the bush on the island north side that they both had experiences up there with not a bear but something else they couldn't explain.very close stories to what happened by being followed by something large and lite brown color if they stopped it would stop,both said they could hear long chirping sounds.pretty weird 2 guys say the same thing.they are both very big dudes and both where pretty freaked out.kind of funny both have 5 foot chain saws and your still scared.true or not thought i would let you know what i herd.if it helps any both don't do drugs really fit guys.i know it is bc.and both hunt most of there lives so they know it wasn't a bear.

Well , few yrs back I skipped a guide season and my partner from Toad came down to look for the damned things. I had accumilated a s**t load of info for our immediate area and pinpointed a likely couple spots and a likely time of year.

My story isnt much to read , but if you were there with us you may have had to throw away your underwear after getting the living s**t scared outta you!...so..I dont look for em anymore....live and let live attitude now.

Not too much longer some amazing eveidence is about to be released , there IS DNA on hand and obviously has to be let known to the public the right way....you all shall see! ( sadly a good amount of 'the Herd' is going to think 'DNA' strands for some kind of drug and it wont matter to them,hehe)

Deffinitely dont want to swing this thread to a 'religious' yeh er neh battle.......all I have to say is that we humans are verry controlled and verry much a herd animal...who ever came up with the bible should have named it ' control of the masses 101' .

Lets face it , the majority of us believe what the MAJORITY of the herd believes....period.....if you go against the herd you get laughed at and ridiculed....not many human herd animals can take that so they keep their mouths shut and go with the herd direction...easily proven.

I wrote about my stories on some other thread on here...not sure wich one , mighta bin the weird things found in the bush thread er something? er another thread on the sasq topic.

Like i said earlier , this thread is for the interested , not to prove **** to anyone or argue about it.

If you ARE interested in it , google it and start reading , you will be surprised.( obviously by the amount of reads on this thread , people are interested...OR looking for a deer spot)haha

There is a LARGE handfull of organisations available today who are activly seeking info on them and as well taking reports , of wich many members are educated professionals , wildlife bios , law enforcement ect , not just typical beer drinkin blue color antler chasin dorks like myself!

A few years back the # of reported sightings on Vancouver Island alone was over three hundred ,( now thats REPORTED) much much more now with the interent in place.

There is also 500 or more reported sightings across north america anually...information on them is readily available...just have to be in terested enough to have a look and start reading....wich leads to asking...wich leads to hearing stories.

I would NEVER hear stories unless i asked . People dont talk about it , too scared of being laughed at or just too scared to want to admit to themselves they saw what they saw. but once you convince em you arent a 'threat' , they spill...and holy s**t is it interesting as well kinda eerie...my own grandfather wasnt going to tell me his story due to being scared I would think he was nuts...and it wasnt till I was around 25 that he told me his story...but first he asked if I believed in them...I am certain if i said 'NO' , he wouldnt have told me.

Anyway , there ya go!

funny , as these days go on , i recieve pm after pm from guys on here with a story...wich proves my point on the herd!...wich is ok and understandable.....i have no probs takin the brunt of razzin , let her rip!...for me its quite worth it , I have read some cool s**t already due to this thread!!...keep er comin!

Quote:

Originally Posted by

Couple Q's for you P

can you tell us more about the pending DNA? and,

is it likely that more evidence will be coming in from the thousands of trail cams out in the bush these days, or is there a specific reason whey they are not capturing any pictures of samsquantches?

well again, start diggin and you will read all about it all...all your questions can be answered by searching on the net now !!....All i know on the DNA is that there was a rural home in a remote part of the US who had multiple s**t goin on the property for years. some professionals were invited to come look , including a local wildlife bio , and they aquired some amazing video and as well some DNA ( I 'think' it was from a head bashing the edge of a metal roof overhang).

Obviously attaining this kind of proof a person is going to have to go about sharing to the world in 'just' the right manor.

But as well , it should be known this isnt the first taste of this kind of proof...there's s**tloads of proof...'The Herd' just cant seem to accept it...funny animals we are! ..i saw a short preview of whats to come , will keep my head up and share when I hear/see its out...do know it WILL BE OUT , its not just a rumor.

Here's one more link for the curious. This guy is a BIG man who used to live in Alaska. The interview of this guy shows the impact seeing something 'unkown ' can have on a man. this guy is a psychologist and relies on this for an income, but STILL came out to tell his story , and he DIDNT believe in them before he saw 'this'...check it out and listen to the end.http://www.thedailycourier.com/bigfoot/

Now I have spoke to over 40 people now who have had a similar experience and a typically similar reactions. You have to see the eyes of these people when they tell you and as well see the goose bumps on their arms while they recall their experience's , its pretty cool regardless.

Seein' as we're on the subject,

When I was younger, my Aunt was telling me about when she was a girl. She and some of her friends, around 11 and 12yo at the time, decided they were gonna camp overnight up above the property in a fort they built. It consisted of old dryfall trees built up into a little 'teepee'. They got sleeping bags, flashlights, brought a couple of snacks and it was a warm summer night so there wasn't any need to build a fire.

They headed up there in the late afternoon, sun was just reaching the crest of the mountains when they got up there and had everything set up and it was getting nice and dusky out. They were sitting around in their little make-shift teepee, talking and getting ready to tuck in when they heard something. Now, being where they were they figured it was a deer or something and stopped talking to listen. Whatever it was was coming closer, lots of rustling and occasionally it would stop. Almost, she said, as if it were listening to THEM, trying to work out where they were.

Their flashlights weren't on yet at that point, but once they heard it in the brush right across from them, my Aunt said she could see a very large, very dark shape that they thought, at first, was a bear standing on it's hind legs. Her friend clicked the flashlight on and caught it in the face and all my Aunt remembers is that the face was unmistakably too human-like to be a bear, covered in hair, well taller than anything she'd ever seen and she said it STUNK. She and the other girls were too scared to move until the thing turned tail and disappeared into the trees and said after it was gone, panic set in and they ran back home.

The lot of them were back at the house within an hour of them going up to get ready for their campout, burst into the house crying and terrified and tried to tell her brother (my Dad) and Father about it and they both figured it was just an overactive imagination.

Even as she was telling me this story, my Dad was listening and just shaking his head while saying, "You still think you saw that thing?" Because Dad's 100% the type who has to see something without a question of a doubt before he'll admit to it being real.

My Auntie, however, still gets goosebumps when she's telling the story, it's creepy seeing her all worked up like she is and she remembers it like it was yesterday.

I saw something a couple years back that may've been a sasquatch while I was out walking around in an area where there's some big mulies. I only caught a glimpse of it, it'd cracked a couple branches that caught my attention and as soon as I looked I just saw this big, black thing duck behind a tree real quick.

At first I figured it could've been a hunter, but then I stopped and thought: "The tallest hunter in the world, maybe...." Because the thing had been TALL. I was by myself, gun or not, it was pretty dense area where it'd been and just the way it so quickly hid itself from me creeped me right the hell out.

I headed down the trail and got on the logging road that kind of arc'd around the area and snuck in the trees about halfway to where I'd seen it, looking for sign and couldn't find anything. The road was covered in snow, no fresh truck tracks of any sort, and no sign of anyone walking up or down it to indicate it being another human.

You'd think another hunter would have waved, and identified themselves as human at least? I don't know. LOL I just headed back down to the truck, 'cuz I was a little unnerved by it already.

Tell ya what , I'll match each story posted with one I have heard first hand.

Here's another , few yrs back a couple brothers from south western Alberta used to come up and guide at Stone mountain for a good handfull of years , good guys , VERRY knowlegable horsemen and northern rocky mountain hunting guides.

I was in camp with one of em one fall and the topic came up. Towards the end of the season the other guide told me his brother would like to talk about this at the ranch.

Met up with him and after his brother spoke to him he came over to me and told me his story.

He said that the previous winter he had been sledding in the foothills near the Bc/Alta border. He was in big timber , looks over and " this HUGE f-in 'thing' was running parrallel with him and his sled through the snow" , he said it was easily keeping along side him running maybe 10 yrds to his right. He kept reapeating how scared he was throught his story. He said it was around 8 to 9 ft tall ,maybe 5 to 600 pounds ,covered in reddish brown 'hair' but wasnt really 'menacing' but more like it was amusing itself.

He said he hit the throttle as soon as he got out of the timber and left , absolutely ******** himself.

Kinda weird story to think up to tell a stranger isnt it?? guy would have to be REEEEAAAL bored to make up a story like that!

You could tell he wasnt overly enthused to share it and wasnt looking for some kind of 'attention'...I'm sure if he was , he woulda told the story out loud at dinner with the other 20 people there.

O.K. I'll bite. Haven't posted up 'till now, not because I was a sceeered to but rather because the story is not all that epic. But if it is deemed good enough to get another recount from PG66 then all is good.

A couple of years ago in the EK (yup, a coal mining valley budismyhorse) I was climbing out of a small creekbed on to a bench. I look up from the creek bottom and saw, about 150 yds away maybe an animal walking on two legs, left to right. It was large and it was dark, pretty much black. Didn't move like a bear, and wouldn't have a need to in this instance if it was a bear. It disappeared onto the bench I never saw it again. I climbed to where it was and could not find one bit of sign. Ground was hard with lots of leaves down. I'm still scratching my head on this one. It moved like nothing I've ever seen before. It was wierd, and kinda spooky, but didn't have to change the shorts, and never felt threatened. Your turn PG66, I hope that qualified.

here's one of my favorites,

Few yrs back was dating a girl from here. She now lives near where the kid saw one last week ( and has had 'something' wack and shake the house in the night)..anyway , I mentioned sasq to her and she replied with ' I KNOW what I saw , go ahead and tease me'...i'm like WHAT?? ...then proceeded to get her to spill.

she was driving from here to Edmonton and was close to Blue river in a frikkin snow blizzard and it was around 10 at night. She was doing 5 miles an hr due to a whiteout. She said she said aloud " **** , I cant believe Im driving in this **** then looked to her right to her girlfreind/co ride...she said her freind was stuffed against the passenger door looking past her to the drivers window with her eyes as big as saucers and a look of absolute shock on her face. She looked to her left and this "huge thing was loaping beside the car stooped over looking in the window at us". She went on to say that it was HUGE covered in fur or hair , looked real human like but wayy to big and hairy. She said its teeth were suqare like ours and it had a look of amusement on its face like it was entertaining itself on their behalf..she also said she never felt threatened but just scared s**tless....she then noted the white line on the left of her and turned hard right to get back on course due to the whiteout and the 'being' dissappeared into the night. she said there was a steep drop off on the left...I know that stretch of highway well , there is only ONE upclimb between Blue river and that other small pt stop past the Mad river.

anyway , shes a true kind soul and deffinitely not a bs'r , she said she and her freind stopped at the husky and ran inside , just sat there and didnt speak of what happened and never spoke of it since.....

weird s**t!

So..there's either SOMETHING out there er I just have **it eatin luck with making strangers tellin me the same bs story cause their bored and want attention from ME...hahaha..

Imagine having something like that 12 inches away from your face on the other side of glass????

I have had several "experiences" in my long enjoyment of the great outdoors...one experience almost persuaded me to stop leaving the city..

However it was sleeping on the beach at Restoration bay with Bob and Paul, myself and Mr Clayton Mack from Bella Coola, arguably one of the greatest grizzly guides in all BC history..IMO..

Clayton was telling us his own spoken account of the Sasquatch of Graveyard Island ( Kwatna BAy) just a few miles as the crow flies from where we lay on the beach..he also spoke of the same beast on the beach when he was coming in to beach his boat on a late trip into Kwatna Bay to hunt spring bear..the detail and how he relayed the events that obviously affected him for his entire life...

Later, years later when Clayton called me at my home for a favour..he was in hospital for the last time.. ...and I went to speak with the gentleman..he wanted me to also safekeep his photo albums for a short while..photos of the likes of John Wayne(The Duke) hunting..

One of the things I asked Clayton in all the decades of being outside in the beautiful West Coast what was the most amazing events he remembered.....no hesitation nothing to lose, no one to impress...his encounters with Saquatch..I asked him does he really believe in them ??

His reply "'Hell yes I seen em numerous times...YOU SEE YOU BELIEVE..NO QUESTION!"

one day I will relay my own experiences...

well for me personally , NO ONE has to convince me they ARENT crazy while tellin , just tell it and let her rip! I am well beyond the part of sceptic...they ARE OUT THERE..I would wager my life in a second...seen one , heard em , they are out there....you dont believe?? think the fellas on this thread are all nuts? QUIT READING

really though , hopefully this is far enough along that NO ONE has to try and worry about the ' I'm not crazy part'.

ok..here's another one.

Few years back we are at out Pemberton Wildlife banquet. Sitting with a bunch of freinds and others , met a real kind couple from here blah blah.

Next monday at work , a girl who worked for me tells me that the guy at the table with the drk haired girl apperantly seen one.

SO , I had BS'd with the couple quite a bit that night and felt comfortable to phone him and ask.

At first he thought I was going to tease him and didnt show much interest in spillin , so I delivered a better sales pitch , he gained confidence in me and let her go.

Right in my frikkin backyard across the Lilloette River there is a big old cabin like house. Its at the end of a dead end gravel road that starts at the highway across from the 'Adventure Ranch' here in Pemberton. He said a few yrs back he was renting it and was en route home after 3 beers at the Pemberton hotel. ( now this guy is a quiet type and NOT lookin for attention) . The road is through thick hardwoods and runs right along the river for half the distance to the house wich is maybe 1 mile?

He said he was driving along and all the sudden this " big guy" stepped up onto the road from the river side , took one step to cross the road and stopped shy of goin in the thick s**t and stood staring at him.

Now this guy was NOT AT ALL familiar with the sasq or bigfoot stories and said he "thought it was a member of some kind of lost native tribe er something". He drove up a bit and rolled down the passenger window to ask the 'guy' if he was ok...it was then he reaslised something was REAL different and he started freaking out a bit...he said it was covered in charcoal grey and balck hair from head to toe , his eyes reflected in his headlights like a dogs and he was around 8 to 9 ft tall.....he then went on to typically start telling me " I know what a bear looks like and it wasnt a bear" yadda ya...I always cut em off at the explanation part , over it , dont need to hear that now....HE SAW ONE !...in my frikkin back yard! ...but then again , I have stories from here that can connect a dotted line all around Pemberton.

Isnt it kinda 'odd' that the majority of us can respect ,maybe even envy a man called 'Clayton Mack' , eagerly read his book , love his stories....then when he tells of seeing a sasquatch 'most' wont believe he SAW ONE ??...kinda funny isnt it?...when does the 'herd' draw the line?...WHO is going to have enough 'character' to be able to tell the herd that they DO EXIST and its final?....tell ya , this lifetime is quite the ride fer sure! and is why not much can get me very upset these days!

So , last Dec we'r having a good ol big christmas here. As usual , my tunnel vision takes over and I dump everyone to hit the sled and go check the wolf snares. I'm up the valley a good ways and maybe 2km shy of where a Haliburton employeee saw a ' 8 ft tall hairy huge 'thing' "power walking up a slash in front of him acfter crossing the road" he said it was no way human because it just kept goin straight up and didnt pause for a breath or rest , just kept heading straight up the slope effortlessly...

Anyway , this place I'm in has always been kinda 'creepy' to me , dont know why. BIG ancient cedars , swamp , dark..just kinda creepy.

I'm nailing some big fencing staples into a cedar with my axe to hold a snare. There was no wind , no other sled tracks but mine , no snowshoes prints , no nothin.could hear a pin drop. As I'm sending the staple home , the axe is really echoing far in the cold air.As I dropped the axe I 'thought' I heard 'something'...maybe a knock on a tree er something...( and yes , I am usually being aware of weird s**t while I'm out there)...I put the thought aside and thought maybe it was me when I dropped the axe...but then 'BAM'..crystal clear above me to my right maybe possible 100 yrds? I hear this loud wack of either a large rock or a BIG branch hitting the side of a tree...then another one above me to my left maybe another 100 er so away...I felt like evry hair on my frikkin body could snap off at the base...I just kept staring down , dropped what I was doin , put all my s**t in my pack , started snowshoeing to my sled looking at the ground , turned it around and pinned it....I didnt want to look back cause seriously , I just didnt need to see 'something' possibly running behind or beside me and freaking the s**t outta me.....laugh all ya want but the knowlege I have now , the s**t Ive seen...no thanks..Funny , never saw a wolf track at that spot the whole season either usually a good route for em.As well , its kinda SUCKS having apprehension while having to go back alone and check the gear sometimes , makes you shake yer head a bit at yourself...but hey , cant let a huge hairy monster ruin it for ya!

Here s something kinda weird,

Few yrs back Gate and another buddy dropped a dead sheep in a small clear area right close to where there is lots of sightings. think he said it was 250 to 300lbs. Anyway , Gate and I went for a quick scoot up there maybe a week later to see if any wolves er anything had hit it , it was still kinda early for bears . Went up there and its gone. Being no snow and the ground a logged area there wasnt any foot prints and couldnt see a drag mark , droppings , pieces of bone , nothing...BUT the hide of the damned thing was laying there and skinned off or pulled off so clean it was kinda weird...flesh side was clean and blue....no tears from teeth , no multiple chunks , no bird s**t , no nothing...WEIRD.. I really had a good look around , nothing. Now due to trapping have got a bit of experience in what a kill zone lookes like. Dogs tear everything to pieces , grizzlys burry everything and or make a big mess or drag it to the nearest bush..( wich I thoroughly checked-nothing- ) black bears will cover the stuff up to a point but not rototil it , cougers will peel the hide off and bury it to feed on later....birds will ALWAYS be there and make a frikkin mess , apperantly the thing reaked so im guessing no humans found it and took it home to butcher , kinda weird.

Ive got more better stories than this but this was kinda weird.

Hey PG66, As I mentioned before, I do believe, but have never seen a Sasquatch before, but there was one time in your neck of the woods that had my wife and I wondering.

We were camped at Blackwater Lake doing some flyfishing for the weekend {been there many times}. It was early fall, and had rained quite a bit the previous day before we arrived, but never the less, still fun for the both of us. On the first night after a rewarding day on the lake, we cozied up beside the campfire and were all alone in our small part of heaven, with no other campers at the lake but us.

It was as serene as one could ask for, then out of nowhere we were interrupted by a loud "SNAP" not far from where we sat. The wife instantly grabbed the flashlight and started looking in the direction from where we thought the noise came from, but did not see anything. My first impression was that it might be one of the local hippies dogs that we had seen with them while they were skinny dippin in the very cold lake that same day. All of a sudden the sound of something much larger was heard by us again, this time,right behind our tent, but still not visible. It made another sound the both of us have never heard before, and was very eerie. Hard to describe is all I can say.

I think that if it were a dog, it would have shown itself,{ I tried calling for it , like you would call a dog}but to no avail, and the sound we heard told us "no dog makes that sound" The next thought was obviously "it's a bear" as you know as well as I do that there is a good population of them in that area, but again, Ive never heard a bear make a noise like that before.

After a few moments of being very uncomfortable {lollol}we never heard anything more and turned in {sex makes all worries go away }. The next morning, the first thing I did was look for sign in the surrounding area. With all the rain that had fallen, I was sure I would find some tracks of something, but to no avail. The only thing I did find was a very long downed tree {maybe 60- 70 ft total}that went from where we first heard the Snap to where we heard the second loud and eerie sounds, and continued right to the edge of the road, beside one of the outhouses.

Above the downed tree was a branch from a standing tree that was easily 15 feet above the ground, and was broken off at the base, and it was clearly a fresh break {white}. The thought came to me that maybe this "thing" must have walked along the tree and grabbed the branch, breaking it as it proceeded across the downed tree.

To this day, I along with my wife have no true explanation , and although we never mentioned Sasquatch to each other, I think we both had our thoughts. Since then we have talked about Sasquatch and we both believe 100% that it was the only thing that could have done what I have just described.

This is a common episode as well.

Few years back up 'Twin one' wich is an access rd on the east side of Lilloette lake. You can drive up it in a 4X4 although its deactivated and kinda rough.It leads up into some real remote and harsh country. A group of hardcore sledders/skiers from here all went up there and built a cabin to stay i while having winter fun.

A young couple I know from here went up there for a weekend with another group. I guess it was just an 'overnighter' for most and they left the next day. The young couple I know stayed an extra night. They came to me when they got back to tell me about a " crazy couger or something breaking branches all night".

They arent 'outdoor' types and wouldnt know. They said it scared them so bad they slept in the vehicle all night and left in the am. They said it broke LARGE branches below them in the drk timber . I asked if it were maybe a moose running away and they said it " never left".

I'm thinking if it was one , it probably observed everyone coming up and shy'd away...probably saw 'everyone' leave and went back up to resume private living and saw there was still two left and got pi**ed..? who knows.

I went up there on my quad and it deffinitely has 'the look' of potentially bein creepy , its also just a skip from Harrison area where there's loads of sightings as well.

If anyone were to want to look for them or try and get a reaction i would point em up Twin 1 , just go to the end , make a camp and beat a slege hammer on a log a few times in the drk...I'm putting money on a return wack er three...then hairs on end forever.

here's another quick one,

One time I was at the hardware store here in Pemby and the mid 40's lady at the counter asked me if I was the guy who 'knew stuff about bogfoot' , i'm like umm kinda why? She said she was wayy down the lake picking pine mushrooms a couple weeks ago and something " REAL BIG was squatting behind a bush watching me". She said she felt the hair on her neck stand on end and looked around. She said she saw this thing from maybe 25 yrds , said it was " just watching me" also said it was kinda obvious it wanted her to see it. she said she just looked down and left as fast as she could and never looked back. Said it was possibly 3 to 500 lbs and covered in drk brown shaggy hair or fur.....

hmm...kinda funny soo many strangers have this weird urge to make up a story like that to tell ME ! ..dont get it , couldnt they make up new ones? like green aliens er something?? why do they keep making up stories of large upright hairy beings in the forest,dont get it?

Another one , young couple from whistler , their 3 yr old kid and a dog went for a short hike up the Conroy ervice rd between Whist and Squam mid February,head of the canyon at the highway sand yard.

They were 2.5km up the road and the dog started freaking out and acting scared. Then the kid started freaking out , they look over to see some "large fur covered thing on two legs running away through the timber.They left asap.

Must be more bored people making up that same ol damned bs story of hairy things on two legs again.. ...how come soo many people make up the same damned bs story?? they dont even know each other! dont they know its time to make up a nenw theme? this ones been used a lot!

Grl who saw one beside her car was speaking to an elderly woman up the valley from my place. The woman said yrs back she was working in her garden and there was a REAL tall hair covered guy standing on the rock bluffs looking down and watching her in the garden for over two hrs...the bluffs are on the other side of the lilloette river.

again , yet another bored person with the same damned bs story to make up and tell.....just dont get it!lolol

I have a story a native friend of mine told me. Him and his girlfriend were up the Squamish vally collecting Cedar bows for an upcoming pow wow. They were in an area called Out Rigger creek. They were walking along an old logging road, that was level with the tree tops, in the valley bottom beside them. On the other side of the trees was the Squamish river.They were just about to start harvisting some bows when they heard what sounded like a bear going up a tree, but it was alot louder and seemed to be a ways away. My friend ran down the road to have a look when he noticed what he thought was the bear in the top of about a 100 foot cedar, level with the road he was on, but about 100yrds to his right. He looked back to call his girlfriend over,when his eyes returned to the so called bear, he noticed it was holding on to thee tree like a human would. He then made eye contact with it and at that point it just let go and free fell snapping branches and falling to its feet. He said the timber was to dark to see anything after that. I'm not saying i believe or dont but the look in his eyes when he told me sure told me he does.

Some of you may have heard of or seen on Tv 'Rene Dahinden' , hes a swede who has passed on now and dedicated his life to searching for the things.

His son Martin lives here and I had coffee with him and a bs session a couple years ago. While I was up guideing there was a bit of an episode down by the rodeao grounds towards the lake.

The police were called in ( and they contacted Martin after) to a residence where 3 adults were out in the front yard in the evening and all the sudden the 3 outdoor dogs who have NEVER been indoors were fighting each other trying to get in the house.The people were kinda alarmed and same moment a VERRY large hair or fur covered figure cruised right across the front of the property no more than 50 yrds from them . As usual , it was said to be 8 to 9ft tall , maybe 5 er 6 hundred lbs and covered in hair.

That week there was calls being heard from 'something' back and forth across the valley and 17" foot prints up and down the bank of the Green River.

the police said the 3 people were VERRY shook up.

Damned LIARS !

Well I don't have a real good story but I did experience something in the woods I can't explain.

A couple of my buds and I went camping up Chilliwack river. It was real low and so we crossed over to this island set up shop. No one else was around us and the other side of the river was deep bush. Anyways were B.S. around the fire and I tell em about all this bigfoot stuff I've been reading about (Ive been really into Bigfoot for a long time). They are all sceptics to say the least. anyway I tell him they got recordings of these things "talking" and I give a demonstration of what it sounds like. Were all laughing and joking about it.

Anyways we go for a little moonlight walk down the island. I give a call as were still joking around and I hear a call back! There is no one around us camped! So I tell em what I hear they dont believe me but I sit and stay with another buddy. I do it again and we both hear the reply closer! We just look at each other like WTF is going on. Again I do it..silence.. and then about 5 minutes later we here it, and its close! All of a sudden we hear branches breaking on the far shore line. Sounded like someone was breaking trees in two it was so loud! This thing called again and was close to the shore I know that, but I never seen it. When we heard the branches start to break we didn't stick around to much longer and headed back to camp.

No one believed us, but I know what I heard. There was NO WAY it could have been someone else. My opinion could be biased as Im a believer but what I heard their is no doubt it was a sasquatch. Thats my story..not anything too crazy, but an experience I'll never forget.

Quote:

Originally Posted by

Here's a question for you believer's in Bigfoot ... why are you scared of meeting one ? I have never heard of anyone being injured by one ??

Now if it was a bear or rabid wolf ... good reason to be scared . If you truly thought it was a sasquatch why wouldnt you walk/run toward ??

Hmm ?

hmmm good question..one I have thought about since your post...

For me personally..I never ever was "afraid" and even a few years before my experiences(2) I seen the Roger Patterson film....and still was not "scared" just open to the possibility....

I talked with US military that investigated the Westbank sasquatch sighting..and the USA military was brought in with high tech night vision equipment..not cheap or freely thrown around ..one would think...someone with some authority requested this and someone with authority granted this request....nothing but tracks?? this was many years ago...

However once I had a personal experience I was indeed afraid...both times I did NOT SEE but had a frightening experience with what I am convinced was a sasquatch...yes I was terrified...

In talking with Clayton Mack whom claimed he DID SEE sasquatches on several occasions...he has a different background, beliefs as first nation...I did ask him if he was "afraid" of the numerous encounters..on one occasion he admitted being "afraid" the others he was in incredibly safe enviroment..ie 100 yards off shore in a 50 foot boat..

Looking back with many more years of "wisdom"?? I can honestly say I was indeed scared...just my thoughts..

I had an odd encounter about 14 years ago up Chilliwack lake. Went up in May bear hunting by myself and headed up a valley just off the lake early on Saturday morning and hunted all day. Saw good sign and I figured the next day was going to be really great so I started a fire and cooked my steak, had a couple beers and settled in. After dark I heard a long wailing call and yes it is like the sound tracks on Sasquatch sites, at this point I called it quits and crawled into my canopy and tried to go to sleep, the calling ended around 2am. When this happened I had spent most of my 26 years in the woods, camping, fishing, hunting and hiking (parents had me camping @ 3 weeks in March in Telkwa) and I have never heard this sound before or since. At the time it was unsettling but I didnt connect it with bigfoot until I was talking to a family member.

Laugh at it I dont care I heard what I heard and it was not a coyote or a cougar and to make the sound it did would take a he!! of a set of lungs.

Edited by MagniAesir

It's interesting to note how much more credence I naturally want to attach to an experience submitted by someone who professes not to believe in (or possibly even to have heard of) bigfoot, but who has seemingly encountered one. It's as if their hardheadedness somehow means they should be taken more seriously. This is surely a psychological trap I'm falling into. I think my brain's suggesting that people who don't believe in sasquatch wouldn't make up stories which seem to point to his existence.

Edited by ludo

Guest TooRisky

Kudos on the obvious hard work done on this compilation... I for one copied the entire document to read and share at a later date... Fantastic slant on this field of study and the people in it... It kind of reminds of some on the people on this board, who for some reason refuse to see what is directly in front of them...

Again Thanks for all your effort...

2R

Edited by TooRisky

Another thread, page 18 starts the Sasquatch talk on this thread.

http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=41852&highlight=sasquatch&page=18

Re: weird things you find in the bush.

my wife and i were exploring our newly aquired property up in trinity valley a few years back in a heavy snow storm 1 inch flakes, 2 ft of snow, when we came across foot prints on an old skidder trail. they were bigger than my snow boots by an inch or so. you could see the toes clearly defined with no claws, shaped kinda like mine. i tried walking in the footprints but could only do 3 steps before the distance of the stirde was to large. the prints crossed a windfall on the trail, that was 2 ft off the ground with 2 ft of snow on it and there wasnt a dint in the snow, well i tried to staddle it and i was sittin in 6 inches of snow. after that the footprints went to a cedar tree. the bark on the tree was stripped off all the way around up to about 8 ft or so.. you could see the dints in the fresh snow where the bark had landed after being taken off, but the bark was gone... completly silent in the bush , the hair on mys arms stood up having the willies, that was enough of that trek.

weird things you find in the bush.

Quote:

Originally Posted by

sounds like a samscranch to me, were the footprints in line ?

similar pattern to ours. there was other incidents on that same property , which convinced me of the same .. i stopped hunting for 5 years, even know its my favorite thing to do.. this is my first year going back into the bush.

Quote:

Originally Posted by

Man,never stop hunting!Pack a bigger rifle,you could get famous!

ya well since all that stuff i kinda have a different theory on them things..they could probably pick you off with a rock at 100 yards before you got the million dollar shot.

i was fishing the little qualicum river on vancouver island i remember being up stream a-ways and there was a bridge over the river i was walking across it to fish the other side when i heard a loud splash it came from up river when i looked where the sound was coming from i saw a large figure like a big bear standing up. but it wasnt a bear i watched it walk off into the trees. pretty creepy

Quote:

Originally Posted by

Or release the hounds!! Now that would be an exciting chase.

SSS

funny you say that steve cause theres actually many other stories attached to this one , but fear of labbelling i left them out.. but hear is the response of a cougar hunter i met up in the same area, which he became my new neighbor anyways we met on roadside previous, im a bit of a talker... we sold that property due to these incidents, plus we filled our pockets..he tells me after i told him and his wife what was happening up there,, his wife had to prod him to tell .. he and his partner were hunting up on our property for a black cougar , with his three cougar hounds, there tracking 1 up a mtn. and other guy sides to split and go around mtn to other side in case it goes over the top, anyways he continues up after the three dogs and the cougar , his buddy calls him on the talkies, and says hey keep your head up , there something big and black walking levell on the mtn. and your going to cross paths , he continues on till he comes across, these tracks, crossing the dogs and cougar, he was kinda confused by them, but the dogs were making the barking sounds that they make when they have 1 treed, so he goes up there and sure enough, treed cougar,he shoots and kills cougar, but looking around he notices he only has 2 dogs, so he backtracks all the way back to those tracks , and sure enough thats where the third dogs tracks stopped.. he followed those tracks that crossedthem , but they went all the way around the mtn. down to the shuwshwap river and crossed. he never found his thrid dog, its prints stopped at those other prints walking levell on the mtn. and his description was the same as mine

Strange, but true,

We were camped this year on a road with only one way access[past our camp], I had been driving up to the de-activations in the mornings [about 1/2 mile] and hunting on foot from there until after legal atv time.

One morning, on the way in there was a small water-bar [little ditch] across the road on a hill, and someone ~ or something, had laid out a bunch of tree boughs...as if to make a bed in the manner we were shown as kids in boy scouts. In this spot it is mostly second growth with most of the trees only 6 to 8ft high..when I first saw the boughs in the headlights I thought a tree must have fallen in the night, realizing that the trees were all too small for one to have fallen I stopped the truck and got out to investigate...when seeing how the branches were laid out it was obvious that something was unusual because nobody had passed our camp since the last time I passed that spot. It was spooky....so I tossed the boughs into the ditch to make sure there wasn't something under them and stopped later in the day to investigate further.

The boughs were Balsalm and Spruce...and I searched every tree within 300 feet for signs of where the branches had come from [remember most were only christmas tree size], and found nothing. the next closest Balsalm trees were at least a couple of hundred yards away. The branches were not sawed off, they were not cut with a knife [concave cuts] and they were not snapped off...one larger one in particular actually looked like it was bitten off and had different facets [levels] ie perhaps a beaver??

It is possible for someone to have walked into this spot and done this, but what was/is perplexing is that if you were going to gag someone by doing this would you cut and pack branches several hundred yards across a cut?? BTW, about two huge armloads for the average guy.

Strange, but true, has anyone else ever come across something like this??

Quote:

Originally Posted by

The partner of the one yer aiming at will for sure give you a real bad experience.....

funny , I found a cedar tree just a week ago wayyy up a mountain side that had the bark peeled off it from about 12 er so feet up to the bottom and 'pulled off' at the bottom.no bark to be seen.I also found a single print a week er so ago , took some pics but they dont pick up the toes well.

Common thing for lifelong hunters to quit goin in the bush after having a 'weird' experience er two with these things. I have a lot of info and some experience with these things if you want to 'pm' me and ask.

the main story of the three incidents i left out cause of the reality of it, ill tell you since you have experienced some of this.. this took place on bobby burns rd where me and my wife lucked out and bought a 77 acre farm for next to nothin, first purchase, anyways , couple of points, 1 we lived in rental still in oyama, so we would go out there on weekends to play.etc there was 11 autos in varried condition throughout the property, that i wanted gone. so i called a scrap car guy out of the paper, told him about it, agreed to meet on saterday, at 7am, fall 2005. so we met there at that time , went through all the vehicles, and decided amongst us that a tractor was needed, due to overgrowth of trails etc., so were bsin on the road, property divided in half by bobby burns rd. we started to hear these loud screams coming from the bush, down the end of the valley towards shuwshwap lake, all three of us were huntyers as well, none of us could identify the sound, which was getting louder as it was coming towards us. our farm is the last 1 in the valley, so the free range cattle ranchers down the valley would round up cattle out of the bush, then put them in our 35 or so acres which was fenced, while they went to find more or what ever, so there was a dozen cattle on our field, plus our neighbors horse, cause he didnt have a field for the horse. so , these screams were getting louder and louder, coming towards us, this sound was deep and it made your hair stand up, (matched sound later) . the cattle in the field stampeeded towards us , bunched in the corner opposite of sound,pushing whith each other trying to be furthest away kinda thing, well at the same time the horse went towards the sound and stood 50 yards in front of bush where sound was coming from, ears honed in to sound... 10 minutes went by about, while all this was going on , then 4 coyotes come runnin out of the bush, all spread out 10 20 yards apart from each other..at this point the 2 scrap guys jumped in there truck ,not saying a word and left, well, i was standing there, all by my self, and this big hairy dude comes out into the field, i jump in my truck and start it while hes crossing the field and screaming, not just screaming either, warning to stay clear kinda sound....i wanted to immediatly go but by the time im ready i realize my wife and child should be arriving at any time,these thoughts going on in my head gave this thing enough time to get closer to the other side of the field where the road out had to go by , so i didnt want to drive past anybusshes close by that so i stayed, it crossed and continued screaming down the valley, i could hear the next farms dog start freaking out , then the next, in all this was about 20 minutes, i seen this thing clear as day, in the middle of my field, i saw its face and it wasnt a grizz or an ape, it had a mans face. like an aboriginy from australia. well i stewed about this told several with mixed reviews as you may know.i was told by someone to look on internet, which i found a site which had a recording of the voice, and it was exactly the same (klamath sighting audio) which sent shivers down my spine, the scrap guy phoned me wednesday following, wondering what the hell was that and i told him what he missed, didnt say much but wasnt in disbelief either. i told my wife which i never should have done. and this is where my original story on this site followed this one. see i was still a bit curious about it , all kinds of things went through my head, even doubting myself about what i saw. then my wife and i checked out the other side of the field where we come across the tracks, that was enough i stopped going in the bush, when we stayed at the log house up on the farm on weekends it became not comfortable anymore(sleepless nights, dog wouldnt leave the porch to explore anymore, no birds or sounds in the bush. then my wife and i heard the screams again the following spring, since i made her listen to the klamath audio she knew the sound, well that was it she wouldnt go up there anymore and we decided to sell the place, things about this place, if you look on a topo map of the area there is a natural lowland pass from the monashees to the south end of mable lake, where animals can cross and move towards the okanagan valley,alot of the bush around there is untouched , some of the game trails around there are so deep and old there like trenches

Quote:

Originally Posted by

That one story about the screaming beast sounds pretty freaky. I think I would have been running for the hills like the scrapper guys. I can't believe you even went back once after that first time.

it was eating at me , and still is somewhat, like i said i stopped hunting for 5 years , this is my first season back hunting let alone going into the bush.

Quote:

Originally Posted by

it was eating at me , and still is somewhat, like i said i stopped hunting for 5 years , this is my first season back hunting let alone going into the bush.

Do you think you'd ever go back and try to get some footage or pictures? Just to get a bit more of a better idea of what it is/ a more detailed look at it?

since then ive read quite a bit on the topic,thought about it tons. i personnally dont need pictures or photos myself. im retraining my brain to register "deer" everytime i hear a branch break in the bush. i have my theories on why we havent caught 1 or shot one. imagine if 1 was caught, wouldnt it be the rarest thing on earth, being nomadic , wouldnt it require the largest amount of protected green space of all animals? imagine how that would effect mining, forestry, real estate, religion,trusting the gov, science, evolution. what if its like those mexicans that are covered completly in hair, gees that would make it a man, then it would be murder if you shot 1. just my opinions, i saw what i saw

Edited by MagniAesir

Excellent thread subject here, and a great point. I recently counted up the BFRO reports in the U.S. and found approximately 6,000. Double or even triple that for all the possible encounters that haven't been reported......................?

Guest vilnoori

Great stuff! Regarding the Chilliwack Lake experience in the first long post, that is really close to where I saw a couple of tracks a while back. I KNOW its a great area to do some research. Is it a coincidence that the parks people have now closed the whole area (East of the lake) to overnight camping? I think not.

Great stuff! Regarding the Chilliwack Lake experience in the first long post, that is really close to where I saw a couple of tracks a while back. I KNOW its a great area to do some research. Is it a coincidence that the parks people have now closed the whole area (East of the lake) to overnight camping? I think not.

Destructive partiers got that area closed down.

But you are right it is a great area to search in