Ignorance Really Is Bliss!

Guest Bigfoot Proof

Cannot get the link to work :(

I will try to do a copy and paste of this thread as well, however I am really strapped for time until the weekend so it probably won't happen until then

Cannot get the link to work :(

I once again tried to edit out the swearing.

No other editing done except removal of names.

Did not copy posts from non-believers on any of these threads

Sasquatch

So I was watching a show about sasquatches this morning while eating my breakfast (what can I say, there was nothing else on) and it got me to wondering what fellow hunters think about the topic. After all, we are people who spend vast amounts of time in the bush and have been to some pretty secluded places.

Let me know what you think.

-Centerfire

Re: Sasquatch

I believe in them.I havnt 'seen one" but I do think I heard one years ago..

I listened to Clayton Mack as he told the story of the Sasquatch of Graveyard Island.....that was an experience.

Funny , 47% plus people voted yes...but 99% are too scared to post it with words!!...typical though...Ive been interested in this topic for years and have persued info for a long time. Majority of people who have had an 'encounter' with something unkown DONT want to talk about it...too scared of the rest of the 'sheeple herd' and ridicule!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by

No. Trail cameras, road traffic, hunters, surveyors, helicopters and never one good picture or video. Never found skeletons, nothing. No way.

there's fur , blood , dna that is listed 'unknown species' , over 50 videos and I know of 3 trail cam photos....you see , most people make a bold statement " not a chance" when they have never looked into the topic at hand or even know how much info has been gathered on the topic( and is quite available)...there's a few professional groups consisting of professionals and bio's who are very active in research and have been making pretty impressive groundwork. also , couple years ago some new footage was made in the wilds of Kentucky with a local wildlife biologist present ( who also got to see more than one during the time there) its said to be about as good footage as can be had..shows a female one sleeping in the bush and apperantly is crystal clear to seeing its face moving ect..its being developed into a docu film to be released this fall.....there's over 500 documented sightings in north america alone pr year..thats documented...

anyway , its an interesting topic for the open minded...anyone curios , start digging , there's a LOT of answers available to some typical questions now....anyway , my weekend pass from the institute is up , seeya

I voted yes. You just gotta believe!To many sightings & soon someone,maybe one of us will get a shot of him/her.

http://www.olympicproject.com/

check this out for shits&giggles...read about these guys and what they are doing..check out there pics....they are a small group quite active..

<object style="height: 344px; width: 425px"><param name="movie" value="<A href="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></object>

check this out to sometime , this guy is an educated successful dude who made a very clear thermal camera tape of one and tells his story..

I voted yes. I know of a logger who quit his job, moved to van and became an electrician in the city. No more hunting, fishing, mushroom picking, camping nothing. Stays out of the bush now. His truck broke down out in the bush and it was 4 hours (still light out) until another truck came by and he got a ride out. Will not talk about, it all he says is there are Sasquatches.

I voted yes. But that raises another question, would you shoot one if you were 100% your looking at one but you were not in danger from it?

Quote:

Originally Posted by

I voted yes. But that raises another question, would you shoot one if you were 100% your looking at one but you were not in danger from it?

I would think theres a better chance of it being an idiot dressed up as bigfoot, it would be tough to explain to a judge

I vote yes. It is something that I was always interested in since I was young. Whenever there is something on TV about them, I'm all ears. There are some cool vids out there. really makes me wonder. Can't wait till the next sighting.

I voted yes, I have always been fascinated by them and would love for some hard evidence of there existance to finally be accepted.

There is all kinds of wierd s**t on this earth yet to be discovered... Tales of sasquatches abound in folk lore from many different cultures.

Wendigo, Yeti, Sasqatch etc...

There was some excellent footage I saw a few years ago of what appeared to be a Yeti in the snow capped mountains over in Asia somewhere... No f'n way it was a man in a suit, making the kinda time this creature was, through the deep snow on those steep mountains.

I am open-minded on the topic.

Buddy and I were on this topic a while ago,he says " I havent seen one so I dont believe it"...I said " ever seen two cougers f-ing in the bush before??" he says " no" I said " well , I never seen two cougers F-ing in the bush either..but I'll bet they F all the time" !!!

question for all , how many guys on here have found a couger carcass wich died of natural causes??? ( not by vehicles , or hunters)

will be interesting to see how many have

for you guys that said " there's no hard eveidence"....THERE IS , you just havent looked it up.

ps....YES , i have seen one......dont care what anyone thinks er says..( my closest freinds chuk s**t at me all the time) , beads off....know what I have seen /heard...they exist

( how many sheeple believe Osama bombed the trade centre??)

I think there is a good chance they exist.

There is a long history of sightings by Natives in the past and many credible witnesses in the present. Yes there are a lot of fools claiming to have seen Bigfoot, but there are a lot of solid citizens who have claimed to see them as well.

But.... we won't know for sure until we have a very good high quality video or a body.

I read this book a few years back..

http://www.bigfootbiologist.org/page2.html

Great read..

I said yes because there are many things in this world that has yet been discovered. I know some people that have seen some things while in the woods and don't say much about it. I bet you if everyone that has had an experience with some of these things would come together and what not we would get a lot closer to a verdict.

hmmm one day I will tell what i experienced many years ago...not to proud to have some laugh @ me..what i experienced still "haunts" me 3 decades later...and I dont spook easily..just my experience...

S******, I would love to hear of your experience. I am personally undecided in this topic but I'm always intrigued in a good sasquatch story.

I am undecided because I have not seen one myself. My brother's sister in-law claims to have seen one while ATVing with her husband on the Island. A big hairy, man-like creature with long arms, crossed the FSR infront of them. It took huge strides and walked right into the bush and vanished in the thick. They are certain it was not a bear. They were so alarmed that it took some convincing to get them not to pack up camp.

You would think that with enough of us on HBC who are out in the bush on a regular basis that one of us would have seen one by now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by

I am undecided because I have not seen one myself. My brother's sister in-law claims to have seen one while ATVing with her husband on the Island. A big hairy, man-like creature with long arms, crossed the FSR infront of them. It took huge strides and walked right into the bush and vanished in the thick. They are certain it was not a bear. They were so alarmed that it took some convincing to get them not to pack up camp.

You would think that with enough of us on HBC who are out in the bush on a regular basis that one of us would have seen one by now.

lots of us have seen one or heard 'something' that scares the living crap outta us...but most are too insecure to tell..especially on the net.

I have spoke to more than 40 different individuels with first hand sighting stories over the years..most of wich took me considerable amounts of time to finally get it outta them.

The ealriest defining story for me before my few experiences was from my grandfather who flew bombers in the war , didnt drink , true gentle man . He was prospecting and timber cruising for the govt back in the late 60's in the San Juan valley...it was either 'fleet creek' or floodwood creek on the east side..( its on the map)..he ran into one deep in the old growth , maybe 20 yrds from him on the side of a creek,broad daylight in July...he said it had 3 to 4" hair from heaqd to toe and would have went maybe 5 to 700 lbs.."massive arms/legs and ran faster than any human when he saw me".

My grandftaher knew every trail from victoria to Atlin , hung with the old time 'Alec Mariman'(spelling?).

He never told me until he saw me reading a book on it when I was around 25 yrs old....he asked me first if I believed in them....after I told him 'of course' he then told me his story...I am certain he wouldnt have if I said I didnt believe. Sadly he went for years without being able to tell anyone due to being scared he would be jobless or even 'single' if he told it....anyway , from that moment on 'for me' it was confirmation wich stoked my interest and confirmed what I saw when I was 17.

Lets hear it S***** !!!!...I have a few first hand stories of my own , couple are interesting but not overly exciting compared to others.

some of the people who have told me their stories are CO's , fish cops,loggers,mushroom pickers,truck drivers ect ect. I got a funny feeling they all didnt wake up one day and think " hmmm..what should a BS people with today..hmmm..I KNOW I'll tel em I saw a 8ft tall hairy naked guy in the woods!!"...hehe...s**t I wake each day with the urge to make that up often to!!....lets face it,there's 100% more hard evidence of sasquatch being real than there is God....and thousands of people have died for God!!

If people can go missing with no trace,

I think something could exist, that doesn't want to be found.

There were over 16000 new species discovered in 2006. Ill keep an open mind

C'mon guys. If you have a sightings story, let's hear it.

I find it interesting that, so far, 82 people have said that they believe in sasquatches but only a handfull have actually admitted it in a comment.

I believe that I saw one while hunting the alpine in the relay mountains area.

I was standing on one side of a draw beside a little outcropping of stunted trees looking up the very steep scree slopes trying to spot bedded deer.

I had forgot my binos in camp so was doing this by eye.

As I was standing there the hairs on the back of my neck went up and I knew that someone was watching me so I turned to my left and looked across the draw which was about 800-1000yds across.

I looked directly at what/who was looking at me standing in the same kind of tree clump I was.

At first I thought it was my hunting buddy looking at me as we were the only ones up there(very limited area for access to the area we were in so you know if anyone else is there or not)

I did not want to raise my rifle up and use the scope as a way to see who was looking at me so I stood there for another couple of minutes with neither of us moving.

I thought ok this is bs, time to for us to stop messing around so i stepped out from the little clump of trees that I was in and at the same time what I was looking at did the same thing and I could see that what I was looking at was darkly colored head to toe but was too far away to make out details so my brain is still thinking hunting buddy.

I recall waving to make sure that who it was saw me for sure and did not try to shoot me across the draw.

Soon as I raised my arm and waved whatever it was jogged/ran up the rest of the mountain which was alpine/shale and very steep the remaining 400 yds or more to the top of the mountain and disappeared over the ridge/peak.

My mind, still unable to grasp what I had seen, tried to justify it by telling myself that that must have been my hunting buddy and he has gotta be in unreal physical condition because I would not have thought anyone could run up a slope for that long.

I felt a little uneasy for some reason so I thought ok time to get back to camp and have a coffee.

I run into my hunting buddy coming from the opposite direction and saw that he was not wearing a hat(blond hair) he was wearing his light blue rain jacket and very faded blue jeans with very light hiking boots.

He was hunting below the alpine covering the trails that were directly below(about 1km) where all of what I was watching took place and I realized there was no way that it could have been him as he was dressed in light colors and he could not have ran up the mountain and over the mountain top then back to camp.

I asked him if he had seen anyone that morning as he was covering the only ways in and out and he said no it was a great day we had the mountains to ourselves again. I told him what I saw and we both thought that it could very well have been a bigfoot.

Here's a little info on Jack Mould who mysteriously vanished at the head of Bute Inlet.

At his old cabin on the Southgate River Jack had told one of my neighbours up here about seeing a large male sasquatch three separate times . The first time he saw the sasquatch it was looking in at him through one of the cabin windows that was 10 feet above the ground. He told my neighbour that the sasquatch would have been at least 11 feet tall because its head was above the bottom of the window. The second time he saw the buckskin coloured sasquatch it stepped out on a trail not 20 feet in front of him. Jack said he talked softly to the sasquatch (like you would to a grizzly) and told him he meant him no harm. He slowly unslung his rifle off his shoulder and laid it on the ground in front of him. Jack said that the sasquatch gave him a look like it was going to kill him. The last time he saw the sasquatch he followed it and its tracks into an ice cave under a glacier. Strangely enough, Jack had mentioned that the sasquatch left a very distinct track with one of its toes very crooked. A fisheries officer (family member of my neighbour) doing fish counts on the Southgate River also reported finding a sasquatch track with a crooked toe and seeing the tall shape of the light fur-covered creature peering at him through a wall of small alders. A helicopter pilot doing geologist transport in the same area reported that while he was lifting off a high clearing seeing what he thought was a female sasquatch holding a young one's hand. Both were said to have been buckskin in colour.

There is also a report of three herring fishermen seeing a very large grey colored sasquatch on a beach between the Southgate and Orford Rivers. Not sure of the exact location. In my opinion, Bute Inlet is truly some of the wildest, rugged and most beautiful country remaining in BC.

Thursday, September 27, 2007

Jack Mould missing?

Campbell River Mirror, 12 September 2007

The 71-year-old prospector (Jack Mould) is missing after mysteriously disappearing while gathering fresh water from the Southgate River.

During the fall of 1977 a few friends and I decided to make a duck-hunting trip to Red Lake up in the Kamloops region. We packed up a couple of camouflaged boats, 50 or 60 rubber mallard decoys, grub, guns and headed for the high country.

Once we reached Red Lake high on the Kamloops plateau, my friend Randy and I decided to hunt a marshy area on lake that we knew well from our eastern brook trout ice fishing trips during the winter. (Note: At the time the closest ranch or building was a good 10 miles away over bush roads.)

We had our boat loaded before first light and made for the marsh. Once there we set out our decoys and slipped the boat back into the high weeds and grass about 60 feet from open water.

Hunting was slow due to warm weather and little wind. We would blow our mallard calls once in awhile hoping to entice a duck from the far end of the lake but nothing was moving. A few hours had passed and we had not fired a single shot.

Myself and Randy were both bored and staring out over our decoys on Red Lake when something suddenly but quietly surfaced just outside the edge of our flock of decoys. What came up appeared to us to be a human-type head covered in long, wet hair ... something what a person with long hair would look like if they surfaced while swimming. The skin under the hair as well as the eyes, appeared dark brown in color. Our view of this strange head was about even with the shoulders, although they did not break the surface of the water. The eyes (what you could see of them under the hair) looked dark (no white) like an animal's. The face had no expression or movement. It seemed to look at our decoys and us for maybe 10 or 15 seconds, and then slipped silently under the surface with a large swirl or wake and it was gone. Nothing else was seen or heard.

When we returned to Cliff Tuscon's ranch where we were staying, I asked him aside if he had ever seen anything like what we witnessed on Red Lake that morning. I'll never forget the look he gave me. I think he figured I was either **** drunk or on the verge of going crazy. In any case, old Cliff never saw anything like what I described in his 40 years up in that country.

My afterthoughts on the Red Lake incident:

Firstly, I would like to state to everyone that reads this that I honestly did not know I had possibly witnessed a sasquatch on the surface of British Columbia's Red Lake until many years after the incident had taken place.

Secondly, since Red Lake was considered fairly remote at that time, I doubt whether any duck hunters had ever tried what we had that day. At the time it was simply too much work for the rewards — but we were young, looking for fun, a little foolish and still fairly green. To tell you the truth, neither myself nor my good friend Randy had the foggiest idea of what the hair or fur covered head and partial shoulders of the creature we saw outside our flock of decoys could have belonged to. Thinking back, I firmly believe the creature (possibly a sasquatch) came in under water for a meal of fresh duck. Upon reaching the decoys it likely saw no feet from the ducks that it may have been used to grabbing from below, and then it likely saw the strings leading to anchor weights and knew something was wrong or badly out of place.

Last, but certainly not least, after surfacing the possible sasquatch most probably saw our heads just poking up out the weeds and quickly decided a long underwater swim was required to get the heck out of the country and away from us as fast as possible.

In closing, I would also like to say that the swirl or wake that I witnessed and the whooshing-type sound (like drawing a large canoe paddle or boat oar very forcefully through the water just below the lake's surface) that went with it when the creature departed was far too big to have been made by a beaver or any other aquatic animal or bird that I am familiar with in British Columbia.

B***** , thanks for your post.

Wonder how many will now 'dictate' what he 'really saw'......always makes me shake my head when an indivudual will tell what they CLEARLY SAW , then some dork from 'somewhere' will say " eyes can play tricks on you" , " it was probably a bear" or " some people can forget to take their meds"....

I have a few first hand stories but nothing overly exciting..but was scared s**tless and still get goose bumps when I recall the times in my head. I have some very interesting first hand stories I could pass on as well.

Here in Pemberton we are in a valley wich conects to Harrison to the south and as well to the head of those inlets to the north ( just a skip over the hill) I have been here for 8 years now and its just as or more common for me to dig up a sasquatch sighting than couger sightings.

Multiple road crossings between here ans Squamish , more on the Squamish side , road crossings by Haliburton employees towards Meager , multiple witness sightings at Joffrey lakes , one carrying a mountain goat under its arm across the Duffy road , multiple tracks between Lilloette and Pemby , one standing on a rock above the Pemberton valley for two hrs watching a senior lady work in her garden , 8ft tall " hairy thing" looking into a cabin window at 10pm near birken , forest service guy saw one cross the highway just south of Pemby , screams coming off the Greene River , one large one crossed a yard in Mount Currie sending outdoor dogs fighting to get in the house , police called to scene , vocalisations in the night from the south side of the Green river to the north side of the valley accompanied with 18" long tracks up and down the river bank.....I could go on for pages....

I find it VERRY interesting that such an inteligent 'being' can elude us for the most part for so long...and NOT have to pay taxes...when you think about it , anyone of us could survive EASILY for years with out being detected if we didnt need fire and could see like a deer in the night...real easy...when the lights go out , the animals of the night 'own it' compared to us..

I just dont want it 'ruined' for me if I ( and sure I will one day) have a face to face in a remote location and it ends with not ever wanting to go in the woods again. I have interviewed a couple guys who were raised hunting and fiching in BC that WILL NOT ever go back in the woods again. One guy was 25 ft from one near Cherry creek ( kamloops) yrs back , said he had the scope on its face..can rememebr putting the cross hairs on its forehead , down to its mouth , on its nose and back to its forehead again. He said it was more human than animal but f in huge. He also said he never felt threatened by it and could tell by the look on its face that it was just as freaked out by seeing him. He went on to say that he tried to go hunting twice after that but couldnt do it....now THAT would suck. So...who's going to be the first person to tell me what the guy ' REALLY SAW' after not being there or knowing him???

personaly , I really dont feel the need to convince people , most humans are beyond repair from society anyway. I know 100% they exist and thinks its quite cool...but creepy at the same time!!

i'll post a few of my own stories later for the curious , s**t to do.

Quote:

I'd like to believe, but I cant get over the fact that a body has never been found. What is the "sasquatch believers" rationale around this?

It's not often you find animals that have simply died of natural causes... I've never found a dead cougar (as proguide brought up earlier) but I know they must die out there in the bush somewhere.

Quote:

Originally Posted by

It's not often you find animals that have simply died of natural causes... I've never found a dead cougar (as proguide brought up earlier) but I know they must die out there in the bush somewhere.

but know thinks about that ive hunted all my life and i havent found a lot of natural animals deaths . and look how many cougars are out there . There isn't a lot of sasquatch out there .but i think there out there

I am with proguide on the up close and personal issue of seeing a bigfoot. My encounter was far enough away that it leaves plenty of doubt in my mind but if I was to run into one face to face I may never be comfortable in the bush again.

Lets say, one day you get real close to one, say you shoot one between the eyes becasue you feel scared for your life... What do you do next... do you call CO and let him know, and be all famous becasue you found first ever sasky.... or would you keep its identity secret becasue thats the way they want to exist and bury him...

I would personally just bury it there. i might take pics just for my personal reference.

Had something scream at me and my dad as we were walking back in the dark along a spur road in Hunter Creek south of weigh scales on Hwy 1 in Hope. Just before it got dark we kept hearing what sounded like somebody banging a stick on a log or hitting two stones together constantly for an hour as we watched a clearing. We sure picked up the pace as we still had a few kilometers to get to the truck. Always think about it when I'm far away somewhere by myself. Later, someone at work said that area is a hot bed for sasquatch sightings, something about Google Earth having an option where you can see where sightings have been flagged on the map, never found that option though.

I am sure they are out there. My eyes told me so.

Quote:

Originally Posted by

Had something scream at me and my dad as we were walking back in the dark along a spur road in Hunter Creek south of weigh scales on Hwy 1 in Hope. Just before it got dark we kept hearing what sounded like somebody banging a stick on a log or hitting two stones together constantly for an hour as we watched a clearing. We sure picked up the pace as we still had a few kilometers to get to the truck. Always think about it when I'm far away somewhere by myself. Later, someone at work said that area is a hot bed for sasquatch sightings, something about Google Earth having an option where you can see where sightings have been flagged on the map, never found that option though.

typical experience!!..they comonly beat the sides of trees with 'log' like sticks..you can get responses in the right places late at night , had two banging away last winter while I was trapping,one above me to my left the other farther to my right , verry intimidating I just kept staring at the ground , packed my s**t...left..when your alone in the middle of winter and two 'things' start banging on trees above you on either side of you and you 'know' what it probably is you get real freaked out...real quick.

Few years ago my freind from Toad came down to look for them early spring with me...last light where I had 'narrowed' it down , one let us know they had possibly 'had enough' and blasted a BIG frikkin branch into the side of a cottonwood tree maybe 150 yards from us...you could hear the log swishing through the underbrush and really smoke the tree HARD maybe 6 times in 5 seconds.bigger chunk of wood than I could swing and about 100 times harder....had a camera on a tripod and a rifle hidden in the grass...I was s***ting myself so bad I didnt think of the camera for a second ..or to even pick up the gun , kinda stood there frozen and REALLY wanting to run for my life.

As far a shooting one goes , there's been a few cases reported.One old guy in Manitoba said later in his life that he shot a moose one time and wounded it , he was trailing it and thought it was in front of him and dumped a monstrous sized " hairy man" but kinda animal like....he was scared of doing time if it would be deemed a murder and left with never telling anyone.

another time near Cambel River a hunter reported shooting a 2 point buck in a clearing , second it dumped a 800lb hairy thing came out , picked it up under one arm and ran with it...he said he emptied his 3006 into its back , saw the fur fly and it kept going!

I do know one thing , they are rarely alone and i think if you shot one and killed it you might be in for a real bad experience...unless you could pull it off from a vehicle , even then I think you need a clear road to drive fast on...cause I think your going to cause yourself some real bad payback.

One thing for people who are curious , these beings are HUGE...I mean REAL BIG...bigger than most might picture in their minds while out looking in the bush..

again , I never try to convince anyone , dont really care...but like to share what I got with people who have seen the damned things and have no one to talk to about it.

John Bindernagel's sole motive for his last book on it was for the benefit of literally hundreds of people he has interviewed over the years.He told me literally dozens of people he spoke with had lost their jobs , wife left em , ridiculed to death ect ect and hadnt a clue wtf it was they saw so he wrote his book as it IS a living species so the multiple thousands of people across north america who routinely see them can have some kind of information on them so they dont convince themselves they have flipped their touques.

anyway..back to my meds

I can say that I honestly saw, what I deemed *could* be a Sasquatch. It's the only 'real' explanation for what I witnessed... IIRC this was in the fall of 06, reg. 3

I voted yes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by

Im glad yoiuve got a sense of humour on the subject P****.My belief system works on something called evidence of,or proof of ect.Ive lived long enough to see all different kinds of bull---- stories out there and i never mind calling bull---- if needs be.Science can prove what wind is,how it forms and can measure it,havent seen that done with sasquatch quite yet!

True. Science hasn't proven it exists, yet it has proven how it is very possible, and has yet to prove that it doesn't exist. Rather than slam my mind shut on the issue, I have to say that it is a very real possibility. Look at all the various wildlife forms that are being discovered every day everywhere.

I can only call bull---- if I have concrete proof that something is proven wrong and is being sold to me as being right. An open mind gives me the opportunity to not have to eat crow if something is discovered to be right.

a large prehistoric fish called the "CAELOCANTH" (sp?) was thought to be extinct , that is untill the caught one in 1950's??? and many more have been caught since it is thousand of years old.....gorillas are another example....

Telling folks about the most terrifying, upsetting moments in ones lives..and it involves the mere mention of Sasquatch opens you up for ridicule and other negative reinforcements....thats kinda hard after going through the original ordeal..sometimes I will be out hunting way back..and "something " reminds me of that nite and next morning decades ago and I get physically ill..

I consider myself an intelligent individual, well schooled.. university and my medical training...seen a lot experienced a lot..dont consider myself gullable...however when you "experience" something so off the wall and you try to "solve "it rationally going though what you seen, what you smelled, what you heard...the whole 9 yards...and no matter how much you want to believe its not true all the evidence..everything keeps bringing you back to only one conclusion..no matter how absurbd it seems , how far out there...how much it just couldnt be...ther can only be one answer....there is no other answer...once you have eliminated everything else...and I do mean everything...whatever is left..no matter how it stacks up....has to be the answer...I honestly wish I never had the expereience it would have made the last 30 years so much easier...and some nights out on the trail..well eaisier to close my eyes and sleep..it does affect you..and even time does not heal all wounds...

Heared about this website on the radio here in PG

http://www.sasquatch-pg.net/

'New' giant ape found in DR Congo

Why not Sasquatches?

Quote:

Originally Posted by

Buddy and I were on this topic a while ago,he says " I havent seen one so I dont believe it"...I said " ever seen two cougers f-ing in the bush before??" he says " no" I said " well , I never seen two cougers F-ing in the bush either..but I'll bet they F all the time" !!!

question for all , how many guys on here have found a couger carcass wich died of natural causes??? ( not by vehicles , or hunters)

will be interesting to see how many have

for you guys that said " there's no hard eveidence"....THERE IS , you just havent looked it up.

ps....YES , i have seen one......dont care what anyone thinks er says..( my closest freinds chuk s**t at me all the time) , beads off....know what I have seen /heard...they exist

( how many sheeple believe Osama bombed the trade centre??)

Yes found one tom killed by another large tom! Ravens gave it away. I do believe there are sasquatches to!

Quote:

Originally Posted by

'New' giant ape found in DR Congo

Why not Sasquatches?

Thing is locals have lived with them for years, probably have killed and eaten them. It may be a species new to the scientific world and never categorized before much like most all 'new species' added to the list of new 'discoveries' which are mostly insects, birds, small mamals, reptiles, amphibians and fish that are well known by locals but never listed until some scientist comes along and enters it. Then once discovered there is no problem finding and seeing them again and again. Same as the cealocanth fish, they found a dead one in a net or floating around, once they got on the trail and began looking for them they found more, listed them, studied, poked, prodded, sampled, etc.

I seems amazing that an animal that is reportedly sighted thousands of times a year by thousands of people all over the world has never yet been documented with one shred of solid evidence.

Quote:

Originally Posted by

Thing is locals have lived with them for years, probably have killed and eaten them. It may be a species new to the scientific world and never categorized before much like most all 'new species' added to the list of new 'discoveries' which are mostly insects, birds, small mamals, reptiles, amphibians and fish that are well known by locals but never listed until some scientist comes along and enters it. Then once discovered there is no problem finding and seeing them again and again. Same as the cealocanth fish, they found a dead one in a net or floating around, once they got on the trail and began looking for them they found more, listed them, studied, poked, prodded, sampled, etc.

I seems amazing that an animal that is reportedly sighted thousands of times a year by thousands of people all over the world has never yet been documented with one shred of solid evidence.

funny , I cant say enough times how I REALLY dont give a shat if the rest of the 'herd' believes in another unkown species or not. But I still cant seem to not respond to a statement like this..." not a shred of solid evidence"...how can there still be a few people out there to make such a dumb**s line???......look it up , there's LOADS of solid evidence....if someone DOESNT know whats known..how the f do you dictate what is or isnt??...i should probably just shake my head and drop it..BUT...its out there , there's tones of evidence and I hate for open minded non sheeple to be disuaded from being interested in the possibility by dictating comments by un educated individuals.

over 50 known videos , blood,fur , thousands of prints of wich multiple ( including many from the 60's) have dermal ridge lines through out them ( finger print lines to those who dont know)..sound recordings , multiple thousands of first hand sightings ect ect....now...with all this , how the F can someone dictate to me or others what is or ISNT anywhere??? OR what someone saw..??

Anyway...here's something to think about for those who think that 'something' in this lifetime could be 'impossible' or not 'normal' ,

lets take a round ball...now lets suspend it in mid air , say in the middle of the living room...we'll make it suspend without anything , give it a spin...maybe stick some water on it...umm...and it wont run off( its pretty normal so far right??)...lets say we fill the water with multiple living s**t , maybe throw billions of living things on it to and nothing falls off and it just keeps spinning...now we'll pretend that this spinning ball in the middle of nowhere is REAL and uh..NORMAL to!!!! s***t , round balls spin and have living s**t on em all the time right?? sounds normal to me..especially the part where nothing falls off.....DUH....from what we ( the sheeple) take as believeable or NOT believable.....how the F**K can this damned world exist...and we all accept these strange facts as 'normal'...but laugh at the thought of something living in the forests and not being accepted as real...

Sorry to say boys , these things are alive and well.They outclass us 100% in the outdoors and will continue to....those people who scoff at the topic will make people known to them scared to share their stories with them...i'll GUARRANTEE if everyone on here who hunts and knows lots of people who do or work in the forest for a living and ask with out scoffing if anyone they know have seen or heard something quite unexplainable , they will comonly hear stories....anyway , guess I'm ranting away so those who maybe be curious dont get steered away by the simple minded ones....either way,for me and many others it will continue to be a very interesting topic.

Quote:

Originally Posted by

I voted no. I figure that with all the activity in the bush over the years someone would have either killed or taken a picture of one. That is not to say some people while on a mind altering trip saw what they believe to be a Sasquatch. Hell i'll bet ****** sees them regularly.

Mike

Why would you make such a asinine statement about people being on 'mind altering trips'? Because you haven't seen one doesn't mean they don't exist.

No need to insult people who claim to have seen them. I don't think most people carry a camera around their necks when they are in the bush hunting or fishing, I don't. I've never seen a bear or cougar skeleton in the bush either. And there are lots of them on the Island.

I knew a very intelligent senior lady in her 80's who, in her younger days, used to do horse wrangling and pack trips up north. She reluctantly told me a story about seeing a Sasquatch outside their camp one day. She was a sincere honest person and didn't even want to tell me the story until I convinced her that I was genuinely interested and wouldn't laugh at her.

She wasn't on some 'mind altering trip' when she saw the Sasquatch, as I suspect most people aren't when they see a Sasquatch or tell their stories about Sasquatch.

I think people that make such statements are just a little afraid of being seen as crazy or abnormal if they say they believe in Sasquatch or that Sasquatch might exist. Kind of reminds me of the dirty masses in a Monty Python movie that want to stone everybody to death.

It also doesn't answer the question about whether Sasquatch exists or not.

It just discourages 'normal' people from wanting to tell their stories for fear of being ridiculed. It lets the truly crazy folks step forward, because they always do, and tell their stories. None of which serves to help prove or disprove the existence of Sasquatch.

I'm posting this clip http://www.thedailycourier.com/bigfoot/for the open minded guys that may be interested in this s**t.

this guy is a professional psycologist who has a buisiness and relies on it to feed/house his family.

This guy never believed in em and saw 'something'.....check out how big of an impact it is on him....think he saw a bear???....oh , maybe he dropped acid with the wife and kids and went for a hike!

hmmmm and folks wonder why individuals who have had encounters with "something " unknown....are reluctant to post..

Sheesh only took being late posting stone sheep photos last August to have a couple folks call me a "liar" and I didnt get a sheep..

Somehow I get that feeling there are those here just waiting to go ape $hit over someones posting their experience....

Quote:

Originally Posted by

Here is my take on his experience.On the first part of the trail where he heard the huffing noise there probably was a bear down there and this sparked a Psychotic episode with that guy.He may have been under alot of stress in his job ect and just momentarily snapped.Could happen to anyone.

Legends are usually built on some sort of fear so his mind manifested Bigfoot to to help it deal with the stress of his fear.

I may be wrong but i hope they don't find one as it would be a disaster for that species.

Well thankfully ' takes' like yours dont count to the literally thousands of people who have had similar experiences....otherwise we would probably have mass suicieds in the forests,...you did read the part where he and the family lived in Alaska for years before hand right??

Funny , there are many organisations looking to have it listed as a known species so we can " protect it"....I'm quite certain its doing a great job itself. Unfortunately the species that needs the most protection is Us...from us..

Quote:

Originally Posted by

hmmmm and folks wonder why individuals who have had encounters with "something " unknown....are reluctant to post..

Sheesh only took being late posting stone sheep photos last August to have a couple folks call me a "liar" and I didnt get a sheep..

Somehow I get that feeling there are those here just waiting to go ape $hit over someones posting their experience....

no sh**!...imagine telling someone what you KNOW you saw and they instantly came up with the 'solid answer' that you " saw a bear and got sparked into a psycotic episode"...pwaahaaaa....sheesh...

i'm gonna be scared to tell someone I saw a 150" b tail this fall cause they will probably correct me and tell me it was a roosevelt elk and I must have been on a mind altering drug!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by

no s**t!...imagine telling someone what you KNOW you saw and they instantly came up with the 'solid answer' that you " saw a bear and got sparked into a psycotic episode"...pwaahaaaa....sheesh...

P***, would you shoot one if given the chance? Shooting one would obviously change your life, you'd probably face a lot of scrutiny, but it would at least prove once and for all that they exist. I'm pretty undecided about their existence, but certainly open to the possibility. I can only imagine how tough it would be to actually see one and then try to convince others of what you saw and that you're not crazy. I think if the opportunity presented itself, I would try to shoot a sasquatch.

I had one above me on a rock in the night once years ago , it was watching me walk out in the dark while bow hunting,maybe 20 yards away from me...longest walk in my life , had about an hr to go to get to the truck and seeing light for antlers ended maybe 25 minutes before....I was scared s**tless and get goose bumps as I type and remember .

If I had one in front of me in the timber I wouldnt think for a second of trying to smoke it unless provoked...I feel it would be one hell of a terrifying experience PERIOD ,let alone trying to remain calm and make right decisions. I'm usually a LOOONG way from any truck or plane when in the woods and feel it would more than likely be a very wrong decision to draw 'first blood' given the chance....mind you I have been looking into this subject very passionately for over 30 years and the knowledge I have acumilated has a big impact on my dicision to shoot or not.

If 'something' of the description of a sasquatch was in front of me staring me down I would most deffinitely have the cross hairs on its forehead and would more than likely tee off if it even shuffled in my direction for a second..who knows the outcome.

Ive been in the woods quite a bit and maybe even a bit more than the average over the years due to it being part of my income ect..the few experiences i HAVE had really truely scares the living s**t out of you to the point its hard to get it across on here...the few guys on here reading this s**t know exactly what i'm talking about....its verrry weird , especially after years of not being intimidated by anything out there and feeling quite comfortable in remote places...but when something 'odd' is taking place you really know it...

Quote:

Originally Posted by

....I was scared sh**less and get goose bumps as I type and remember .

Was always curious as to why some people are always scared sh**less when they see a sasquatch. Do sasquatches have a record of attacking, injuring or killing people. With all the thousands of encounters and sightings I've never heard of anyone being harmed, seems to me the poor sasquatchs avoid people like the plague, so was just kinda wondering why people get so freaked out when they have one of these encounters.

Quote:

Originally Posted by

Was always curious as to why some people are always scared sh**less when they see a sasquatch. Do sasquatches have a record of attacking, injuring or killing people. With all the thousands of encounters and sightings I've never heard of anyone being harmed, seems to me the poor sasquatchs avoid people like the plague, so was just kinda wondering why people get so freaked out when they have one of these encounters.

Well people claim them to be 5 to 800 pounds! Yup I would be scared...maybe they dont want to eat us but what if they wanted to...

Quote:

Originally Posted by

Nobody has ever survived an attack,or ever been found!

Here's a link to some interesting related stuff....go to the 'sightings' then hit on british columbia , there's a lot of reports from places all over here wich some will be fmiliar with...http://www.bigfootencounters.com/..very credible people maintaining the site.

Quote:

Originally Posted by

I'm having problems with that link.

oops...me to....just google 'bigfoot encounters' ..its kinda interesting.

Quote:

Originally Posted by

I had one above me on a rock in the night once years ago , it was watching me walk out in the dark while bow hunting,maybe 20 yards away from me...longest walk in my life , had about an hr to go to get to the truck and seeing light for antlers ended maybe 25 minutes before....I was scared shitless and get goose bumps as I type and remember

Where did this happen? Was it male or female?? Did you see big teeth?? Could you smell it??? Did it make any noise......this is interesting stuff if your willing to share more of the story!!!

hmmm yes they do smell...and the sounds are mixed and various from "growls deep gutteral " to literally sounding like a crying baby..my experience..as far as shooting one I didnt have any weapon with me as I was scouting out a trail for a upcomming hike with some teenagers from a summer church Bible camp....

I am not sure what I would have done had I a weapon along..thinking back I probably would have been too frightened to use it...and it wasnt the sort of experince one could sit down and think logically..FEAR..terror and survival were the issues of that night..not that I was harmed physically...but I consider the events "threatening and territorial"???

Quote:

Originally Posted by

Oscar... maybe he does not leave ant witnesses... and finshes the job all the way.. hence no one has ever heard of any attacks...

Plenty of people have gone missin and never be found...

Quote:

Originally Posted by

Ok this thread got me interested an I have been doing research through the internet as you have suggested. I have approached this information with a healthy dose of skepticism, but have remained open minded. I have come to the conclusion that this thing does not exist. Sorry but here's why:

Noone has ever recovered a body

there is no fossil record of this animal

an 800 lb animal would have to do allot of feeding to keep up its body mass. This would make it more succeptible to sightings especially in the fall

This things range (reported sightings) is huge geographically. In order to keep a breeding population, there would have to be a large number of them around, causing increased sightings.

The number of hoaxes associated with this are astronomical. Its estimated that 70-80% are deliberate hoaxes

BC hunters are too good. Someone would've shot one by now

The psychologist in the video is not credible. Just because he has a good job doesnt mean anything. Even very intelligent people enjoy a good joke. If he is not a hoaxer, it doesnt mean he didnt see a bear on its hind legs from a strange angle. You can be the best bushman in the world and still misidentify animals from time to time.

I read through the database on BFRO and found 2 that were close to my home. In one of them, I know the EXACT spot described. It is a moose swamp. I would guess I see moose in this exact place 20 times a year! apparently this day, it was a couple of sasquatch. I'm not saying the guy was lying, but it seems that its a bit of a stretch for me.

I heard some noises last year while elk hunting early in the morning that I didnt recognize and they scared the crap outta me because they were so loud. I'd like to think with all my years pounding the bush all over the place I know a bit about what animals make what sounds. This one had me stumped and still does. It doesnt mean its a Sasquatch!! It just means there are some sounds I dont recognize.

How many times have you hunters thought you saw game in the bush but after long, carefull inspection realized it was a tree growing sideways, a shadow or a stump? If you dont say "all the time" then you probably don't get out much.

To me, thats what this is: simple misidentification fueled by heavy doses of hoaxes

We heard the wierdest noise one night while stepping outside for a smoke [7-11]...sounded a lot like a coyote starting up, ended up making those so called saskquatch sounds you see on those saskwatch hunter shows and ended with a sound usually associated with a chimp. Didn't scare the crap out of us though, but sure would like to know what makes such a funny noise, unlike anything I've ever heard.

Quote:

Originally Posted by

Ok this thread got me interested an I have been doing research through the internet as you have suggested. I have approached this information with a healthy dose of skepticism, but have remained open minded. I have come to the conclusion that this thing does not exist. Sorry but here's why:

Noone has ever recovered a body

there is no fossil record of this animal

an 800 lb animal would have to do allot of feeding to keep up its body mass. This would make it more succeptible to sightings especially in the fall

This things range (reported sightings) is huge geographically. In order to keep a breeding population, there would have to be a large number of them around, causing increased sightings.

The number of hoaxes associated with this are astronomical. Its estimated that 70-80% are deliberate hoaxes

BC hunters are too good. Someone would've shot one by now

The psychologist in the video is not credible. Just because he has a good job doesnt mean anything. Even very intelligent people enjoy a good joke. If he is not a hoaxer, it doesnt mean he didnt see a bear on its hind legs from a strange angle. You can be the best bushman in the world and still misidentify animals from time to time.

I read through the database on BFRO and found 2 that were close to my home. In one of them, I know the EXACT spot described. It is a moose swamp. I would guess I see moose in this exact place 20 times a year! apparently this day, it was a couple of sasquatch. I'm not saying the guy was lying, but it seems that its a bit of a stretch for me.

I heard some noises last year while elk hunting early in the morning that I didnt recognize and they scared the crap outta me because they were so loud. I'd like to think with all my years pounding the bush all over the place I know a bit about what animals make what sounds. This one had me stumped and still does. It doesnt mean its a Sasquatch!! It just means there are some sounds I dont recognize.

How many times have you hunters thought you saw game in the bush but after long, carefull inspection realized it was a tree growing sideways, a shadow or a stump? If you dont say "all the time" then you probably don't get out much.

To me, thats what this is: simple misidentification fueled by heavy doses of hoaxes

These facts and questions are what makes it all the more interesting arent they!!

there's no shortage of arguable points for sure and each person snooping ino the topic will have to decide for THEMSELVES in the end..

For me personally the moment I knew 100% they exist ( stress the 'for me' part) , is when someone I trust with my life and respect as a VERY knowledgable outdoorsman tell's me with utter confidence what he saw in broad daylight maybe 2o yards from him...I KNOW he saw what he saw...not a question. so for others , you have to ask yourself , if someone you trusted with your life or someone you hunted with for years and years tells you what they CLEARLY saw or experienced....do you instantly NOT trust them at that moment or question their sanity??...I would hope not anyway...

What I saw one night years ago was in the Sooke hills. I was maybe 30km up a mainline , then maybe 12km up an old reclaimed road , parked on the road due to not being able to park anywhere else..then a long hike up.

As well , I was up a road wich was in the bottom of a tight valley , old growth mixed with maybe 15 yr growth planted. In this valley on a warm Sept evenign with no wind , a person would hear a vehicle travelling the road below loud and clear....wich there wasnt..and as well my tracks were the only ones on the soft dirt road.

I was as well hunting all week due to being a deckhand for the summer and not working for deer season , so hunter 'traffic' mid week where I was was non existant.

I had waited until very last seeing light on some bluffs just inside the mature timber for deer to come out , nothing yet again , clear skies , warm as hell so I started my long hike out and down hill. Once on the old skidder trail I was walking on noisy washed gravel on a steep decline. Everything beside me was more or less 'black' but if you looked at the sky it was that bright blue witht he stars 'just' starting to show a bit , so skylines of timber and rock were real crisp and clear.

There was a rock bluff ahead of me and my trail went right to the bottom of it and dog legged right and hairpined back to the direction I came and onward down to my olf 71 half tonne.

It was dead silent , no wind , no roosting bird sounds - NOTHING- so each of my steps was real loud walking on the washed gravel

I glanced up above me on the rock above the hairpin and saw 'somedude' looking down on me from maybe 15 yrds or a bit closer , he was skylined with the bright blue evening sky making his outline real crisp. I could see head and bit of shoulders..but very obvious looking right down on me...to his left the tree skyline started maybe 8 ft and to his right it started again maybe same. ( i think he screwed up thinking the timber was behind him covering his skyline from me but he was crystal clear).

It was too dark to make out facial features and happened real quick. I instantly thought it was obviously a guy waiting on the rocks above a game trail wich went into the timber below and was waitting for a deer to come out. ( but after thinking about it seeing light for antlers ended a long time ago)

Without hesitation I spoke out and said ,"any luck" ?..due to it being quite obvious the two of us were looking right at each other and my approach was about as noisy as it could get. the reaction was just as instant as the silloette jerked at my speach wich meant I could see him and 'slunk' slowly down and out of sight from me very silently just as we would while stalking something...you know , 'ssslowly' duck down out of sight.

My heart started pounding liek crazy , every hair on my body felt stiff like it could snap off and I didnt want to travel under the rock to keep going but had to....I was as well feeling real threatened and as well kinda helpless due to it being dark , no gun and being alone.

I put an arrow on the string and kept the point pointing to the bush beside me and crept as silently as I could so I would at least be able to hear my potential 'attacker' come at me and maybe get the broadhead between me and him.....I had to creep all the way to the truck and it was damned dark out by the time I got to it . I as wll had a real fierce urge to run like hell and felt like the end of the frikkin world was near...was weird feeling, over load of anxiety.

I was instantly REAL f ing mad and planned on waitting for the guy to come out to his vehicle and was going to read him the riot act er maybe worse...but there was no one but me. You couldnt even hide a dirtbike on the side of that road and as well my tracks were the ONLY ones on it for ages. I went back to the intersection in my truck and waited an hr...but no vehicle sounds...went back again to look for tracks , nothing at all. Then I started to get real freaked out and left.As well , my truck tracks were the only ones at all over the week.I never heard another vehicle anywhere.

I came back the next evening and brought a freind who was maybe 6ft 180lbs and as well a couple rifles. We hiked back up there and i got my buddy to go up on the rock and peer down on me. The 'guy' who was there the night before had a head and shoulders maybe 2 1/2 times wider and larger than my freinds head and shoulders and upon realisation we got the hell out of there real quick. I remember feling real uneasy and lots of anxiety during the hike back up and as well down. I actually never went back there ever again.

anyway , thats my only 'sighting' of something weird and alive...the rest of my own personal experiences have been only sound.

this was when i was 17 and was always real confused at what I had experienced until when I was 25 my grandfather told me his story and from that day on it was 'confirmation' for me....others will have to make their own decisions on the subject but i will never DICTATE to anyone what is or isnt or ridicule non believers or believers.

Since then my interest really climbed and I started digging...and holy s**t is there a tonne of other stories out there from all different social groups and professions.The amount of people i am familiar with and are harbouring stories of their own is surprising to boot and getting them to talk is like pulling teeth.

Again, dont react to personal ridicule and really dont have the need to prove anything to anyone , its just a personal interest.

I DO have a problem with people who DICTATE to others facts wich may not be accurate due to NOT KNOWING enough information on the topic( or topics) to go about making bold statements wich may have an impact on others who want to find out for themselves....this is why I always stress the ' for me' part when I say I believe....to each their own...but the guys on here who have seen and heard...you know what i'm talkin about.

I grew up on the island and have heard stories of sightings and one encounter that stuck out in my memory. This fella was a logger and was stashing shakeblock rounds during the day to sell for some side cash. Once he had enough to make some good money he would go back during the evening and load up the truck he had. He went back with his pickup one time and was cutting with a chainsaw up over a small rolling hill at last light. On the short walk back to the truck he heard stange sounds that spooked him. He found the back of his pickup was moved sideways somewhere around a foot in distance, there were huge foot prints in the ditch and around the truck the rocks on the road were rustled up. When I heard this I wasn't quite sure what to believe, the more I hear the more I believe that they are real. I also heard some hunters got there cabin attacked by rocks when they were getting ready for bed. they had there guns ready but were too scared to go outside because there were so many rocks being thrown at once. Apperantly they sat up all night too scared to sleep and left at first light. I don't recall were the second story has happened. Interesting stuff, people are most scared of what they don't know. I know I will be scared if I ever run into one.

Quote:

Originally Posted by

3-30 3-29??

The only persons that know the full details are my brother and myself. And I'm mostly good with that. Exactly where it happened, matters little.

That was 4 years ago and I've 'replayed' the scenerio MANY times in my head since then. Each and every time I do, I find myself STILL trying to convince myself it was a bear..... I'm just not convinced. And too be honest, I really don't go back to that same very spot to hunt, either, any more - I hate it when them 'radar' hairs start tingling the back of my neck. Its a nasty feeling.

hmmm I hear you...a sight, a sound even some smells and I get very nervous..especially by myself in the woods...and the sound of a baby crying STILL causes me to instantly react..and swivel my head and look...stare in that direction..probably stay with me forever...its only been 2 or 3 DEACDES....and its still there almost like yesterday..

Quote:

Originally Posted by

The only persons that know the full details are my brother and myself. And I'm mostly good with that. Exactly where it happened, matters little.

That was 4 years ago and I've 'replayed' the scenerio MANY times in my head since then. Each and every time I do, I find myself STILL trying to convince myself it was a bear..... I'm just not convinced. And too be honest, I really don't go back to that same very spot to hunt, either, any more - I hate it when them 'radar' hairs start tingling the back of my neck. Its a nasty feeling.

WHERE, kinda matterd to me as i have had an incident in one of those areas. It was a deep canyon in an arid area. Very rocky, steep and many outcroppings. Creek in the bottom with many caves around.

Quote:

Originally Posted by

WHERE, kinda matterd to me as i have had an incident in one of those areas. It was a deep canyon in an arid area. Very rocky, steep and many outcroppings. Creek in the bottom with many caves around.

No, not in the MU's that you have outlined.

I voted yes. My grandpa had stories of them from his time as a ship's captain all up and down the coast, there were a few little coves etc he just wasn't into fishing in anymore...never seen one myself, but I've experienced the weird noises all around you at dusk thing out in sooke.

Quote:

Originally Posted by

I voted yes. My grandpa had stories of them from his time as a ship's captain all up and down the coast, there were a few little coves etc he just wasn't into fishing in anymore...never seen one myself, but I've experienced the weird noises all around you at dusk thing out in sooke.

The Gordon River area has had numerous sightings over the years. I spoke with 4 fallers from Sooke once who saw "orange eyes reflecting up on the bank above the road from the crummy while heading out , only there was no bank...the eyes were taller than the small alders on the road side". they stoped and this "huge hairy thing" stepped out into the headlights , its waist was over the hieght of the hood....looked at them , took two steps to cross the mainline.

the guy spoke so 'matter of fact' about it he said " wish I knew where they wintered , wouldnt mind watching them sometime" and that was it!!

Also , a short time ago a few people from Duncam were driving early hrs in the drk to go fishing out at Renfrew took the conector along Harris crk...stopped to pee , got in and 'something' started hammering on the boat and sliding the trailer and truck sideways...they hit the gas and drove for a bit thinking it was a slide...stopped , realised it was a non slide area and summer time...got real spooked , went to Renfrew and saw the tie downs were broken , the hull had cracked from the trailer and the tongue was soo bent up they couldnt get it off the ball. they tried to fish but were so freaked out they just packed up and drove home via pavement/island highway.

Lots and lots of stories from the island. The Gordon river area has more natural caves than the internationally renowned spelunking caves of Oregon !!

Weeks lake has also been a popular area for hearing wierd s**t and seeing 18" tracks as well as up Butlers road ect.

Recently the cowichan valley has been on fire with activity the last few years.

If you start asking around with a sincere attitude , people start to talk...it gets quite interesting!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by

Some of you fellas who have had sightings or talked with some who have, what time of the year is most common? Do you think they hibernate jouring the winter months?

Keep the stories coming...I am a believer just have not been lucky yet!

Lots of winter tracks!! some freinds of mine found a line of tracks up near the 'Wendy Thomsen Hut' wich is across the duffy from Joffrey Lakes ( south Duffy Lake) , said they were around 17" long , 6 ft stride and heading down towards Mt Currie. Said they sank twice as deep as their prints when they took off the touring gear and had distinct 5 toed human like prints..only huge.

also spoke with a group of 6 people who were camping up at Joffrey Lakes and saw a " REAL big guy" in the evening come up and over the glacier and drop into their side at last light...they all couldnt figure out who the hell woulda bin up there alone and at that time of the evening...but they also couldnt believe how fast he traveled and how he made it " non stop"..they all as well said they felt like they were being watched all night and couldnt sleep.....hmmmmm ( G****** looking for unprotected beers??)

I dont believe in ghosts or aliens (but in my mind say if they exist to leave me alone and I'll do the same for them) I have heard 3 very convincing stories regarding sasquatches but I'm too tired to type them out right now...

I will however say that 6 years ago while hunting a huge section of old growth way in the "back 40" (that is now gone) that was about a 2 hour hike to get up in to, my friend and I encountered smaller human like foot prints, 5 toes, maybe a size 8 in 3-4" of snow sidehilling the same direction we were hunting. They were fresh as can be and we followed them for close to an hour before they skirted some steep/slippery bluffs we could not...

Whats creepy is our third buddy who was going the opposite direction later called us on the radio and said he encountered a weird print he "didnt think was a bear" about 12-13" long going the same way he was headed (opposite of us)

Fast forward... 2 years ago we're headed in on an uncut road below where I just spoke of, looking for cat tracks, 6" of fresh snow.

Straight down the center of the road, coming out of the basin are considerably spaced out tracks clearly showing 5 toes and at least a size 13 foot. What really gives me the willys, still right now, is there was a massive s**t in the middle of the road, no tp and it just continued to walk on down the road, through a slash and towards the river...

I've never felt so weirded out in the bush in my life and it took me a long time to not think about it every time I left my truck to hunt.

I understand that they don't hibernate at all and have been seen in Alaska in the dead of winter and in the coldest weather. One wonders exactly what in fact they eat then, as they seem to have a high metabolic rate only because they do remain active and get around just as in any other season.

This suggests to me that they are probably more animal-like than human-like in that regard. I'm sure you are all aware of the lowly coyote? It seldom eats a substantial meal every day, but instead puts in one helluva lot of miles each day in order to find just enough to get it through that day. In my opinion these creatures are very similar in that regard. Conversely the domestic dog has seemingly opted (via selective breeding) for regular and guaranteed meals in exchange for companionship - neither of which the coyote nor sasquatch have chosen to do.

Believe it or not!

Check the third article-Sasquatch Classic-The Ruby Incident. June 13, 2010 post

Also check May 19 & 22, 2010 posts

link

http://texascryptidhunter.blogspot.com/search?updated-min=2010-01-01T00%3A00%3A00-08%3A00&updated-max=2011-01-01T00%3A00%3A00-08%3A00&max-results=50

check this out.......for you who arent familiar , its IMPOSSIBLE to fake a thermal image...interesting ****..http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ReHLNN7MQEs

In 1975 I Was Fishing Along A Real Nice Creek,and Low And Be Hold I Ended Up On A Sand Bar In The Middle Of The Creek. Footprints 23.5 In Long. I Carry A Tape To Measure My Fish. These Foot Prints Looked Like They Walk Down The Middle Of The Creek.these Footprints Had A Arch And Toes. All I Could Say I Left The Area. I Never Been Back There.i Have Been Carrying A Camera Ever Since That Happen To. I Also Alway Packing Fire Power When I Enter The Bush. Keep Your Eyes Peeled They Are Out There.

Quote:

Originally Posted by

In 1975 I Was Fishing Along A Real Nice Creek,and Low And Be Hold I Ended Up On A Sand Bar In The Middle Of The Creek. Footprints 23.5 In Long. I Carry A Tape To Measure My Fish. These Foot Prints Looked Like They Walk Down The Middle Of The Creek.these Footprints Had A Arch And Toes. All I Could Say I Left The Area. I Never Been Back There.i Have Been Carrying A Camera Ever Since That Happen To. I Also Alway Packing Fire Power When I Enter The Bush. Keep Your Eyes Peeled They Are Out There.

Sweet find/experience! I'll admit , I think about them everytime I head out..but accept the fact.....I also know they arent aggresive in nature towards us...wouldnt start getting paranoid about packing heat er anything....some might bet a little too freked out and trigger happy maybe?

That print you found is a bloody huge one...heard of some 21" prints a few times , thats one real big being...

Here's 'somethng' going down at the moment...either a crazy a**'ed hoax er its the real deal....wich means waste of time or THE deffining moment some have been waitting for , those interested listen to it , fast forward through the commercial crap..its a radio show...apperantly there has been some significant happenings , Monday is the update for the public...who knows...

http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http...yy18nkHlj245-g

deffinitely one of the more VERRY interesting things I have listened to

Quote:

Originally Posted by

check this out.......for you who arent familiar , its IMPOSSIBLE to fake a thermal image...interesting s**t..http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ReHLNN7MQEs

Ive seen about 20 movies that fake thermal images just fine...

http://www.sasquatch-bc.com/classics.html there are a couple on this site

if you go out in the woods today your in for a big suprise cuz today is the day for a teddy bears picnic. LOL im still on the fence about bigfoot im very interested in all the information i can find especially personal experiences not hearsay.

so lets keep it going.

in regards to not being found have you ever just stopped moving while out in the woods and have people walk right by you and not even notice you untill you speak then watch them flop around on the ground cursing you for giving them a heart attack,or how many times a deer or moose just majically appear in the middle of a clear cut the you were just looking at

or the animal that you would not have seen if it didnt flick its ear or twitch the skin of its back flick its tail ,need i keep going .

go out somewhere that has lots of people moving around put on some neutral colored clothing go sit against a big stump in a clearcut and dont move take note of how many people just dont see you cuz there is no movement to attract their attention, it works really good if there is something to draw their attention near where you are sitting wait till they are about to move off then just wave your hand at them and watch the double take when they realize you were sitting there all the time.

A guy I know well here came and 'seeked' me out a couple days ago to tell me what he saw in the headlights not far from here.He was VISIBLY still shook up.

He was driving back from Birkin around 10:30 pm and saw bright eye glow up ahead...'it' moved off to the side of the road , he slowed to not hit it and said the eyes seemed "huge" and it was on two legs , maybe 8 ft tall...he also kept saying through his story how scared he was...he said it looked like it was " up on the bank beside the road" but it was actually standing on the low slope of the road...said it was " huge and grey/black colored hair"..I have known this guy for maybe 5 years , straight up dude , outdoors person ect , said its the second time in 3 years he has seen 'something' like this....so..I'm going hiking today in the area to see if maybe 'something' left some tracks......never know!..he deffinitely saw 'something'.

Why do stories of Sasquatch stir up so many negative emotions? Whether you believe in them or not is irrelevant. People seem to be quick to disprove any sightings as drug induced or mis identifying wildlife. what are you so afraid of? does it worry you that we may not know everything about our own backyard? Healthy scepticism is a good thing on both sides of the fence, but it seems that it can go out the window as long as you believe in the status quo.

For the record, I voted yes. I have not had any personal experiences to dictate this, but the number of reports that could be real (can't say definitively whether they are or not) are enough to catch my attention. Honestly,it may just be a deep hope that they exist...I'd like to be shown that we do not know as much as we think we do.

P***** thank you for sharing your story with this lot. It gave me the creeps and I'm not even in the bush. S****, from what I've seen and heard you are one hell of a guy, and If I'm ever in your neck of the woods I'd love to sit down with a couple of pops and hear what you have to say.

Hey guys, I live in the Appalacian mountains of Virginia (western end). Long story short, I ran across this account of an encounter last year. It piqued my interest because where it supposedly happened is about 15 miles from where I live. I was always under the impression these things were confined to the Pacific northwest and Canada. I realize this thread is beatintheass and old so forgive me for necro-posting. I just wanted to share the story and see what you guys think and if there are any similarities to what some have seen up your way. (I already know what the skeptics think) So here it is:

I debated with myself about sharing this. I know there will be those that will not believe me. That use to bother me but now that I am almost 60 yrs old, I really don't care if anyone believe me or not. It doesn't change a thing.

So here goes...

Time: Fall of 1976

During that time, we live in a small house on a gravel road about 5 miles or so S or SW of Chilhowie. The house we lived in was directly across the road there was the foothill of the Jefferson’s National Forest. Behind the house were a field and a small stream.

Weather: Warm 60 degrees and clear. No wind that I remember.

Time of year: Early Fall

A friend and I made plans to go hunting on a fall Saturday morning. We were going to hunt in the mountains across from where I lived at that time. Very early that Saturday morning, my friend called to cancel due to his wife being called in to work and he had to baby-sit. I was very dissappointed. I was excited about hunting and did not want to call off the trip so I decided to go hunting alone – against the advice of the my friend. I had just move to Chilhowie from the Columbus, Ohio just a month before and was looking forward to hunting in the area. We had nothing like this type of wilderness in central Ohio and I really wanted to go hunting and to walk the mountains so I went anyway. I now wished I didn't.

Since the slope in front of my house is very steep, I drove several miles down the road to an area where there is a gap that was easier to climb. I had a 12 gauge shotgun that held 5 shells (buckshot), a backpack with a thermos of coffee, sandwich and some extra ammunition. I also had binoculars and a .45 SW in the truck’s glove compartment. I did not take them with me. I didn’t think I would need more than a 12 guage.

I spent about an hour "zig zag climbing" the mountain gap when I came to a level clearing near the top of one of the small peaks where I stopped to catch my breath. As I looked around, I saw in the distance what appeared to be a "green teepee" just inside of the wood line next to a tree. I was curious what it was so I walked over to take a look at the structure. I was cautious since I knew that there were moonshine stills in the mountain and that moon-shiners did not like people anywhere near their stills. As I approached it, I saw that it was constructed with a bunch of branches stacked against several limbs of two small trees that were bent to the ground. The branches were obviously torn from trees or bushes very recently since the leaves were still fresh and green. The end of the branches was still sticky with tree sap. I could see an opening and more green leaves on the ground inside of the structure and it looked as though it has been slept in recently. It was apparent that someone made this thing and was using it as a shelter. I thought there just might be a moonshine still around nearby and that those taking care of the still might have used this to catch a nap or use for shelter. I thought that it would probably be wise to move to leave the area.

I walked another half hour through the woods on a path on an angle toward where I came from, when I came to another opening to a nearby meadow or grassy area. When I arrived at this opening, I decided to take a break and have some coffee. I sat down against a tree, leaned back and was enjoying my coffee when some strange things began to happen. As I was sitting there, something small hit me on top of the head. At first, I thought it was a nut from the tree but when it fell into my lap I saw it was a smooth round stone about the size of a quarter. As I was looking at the stone on my lap, another stone, a little larger hit me in the arm. The stones came from the left rear side of the tree from the grassy tree line at the edge of the woods about 20-25' away. This both puzzled me and frightened me. I jumped up and grabbed my shotgun. I yelled out very loudly that if someone was playing a joke, it wasn’t smart to throw stones at a guy with a 12 gauge shotgun. I have a hearing problem, but back then my hearing was better than it is today. I listened and looked around to see if anyone was out there. I did not hear or see anything. I then decided it was time to get the hell out of there. I picked up my backpack and started across the meadow when a flurry of about 3 or 4 egg sized rocks went flying by my head with one striking my backpack. I felt that someone was trying to hurt me now and I was pissed. I immediately turned and fired two shots in the air and yelled for the stone thrower to "grow some balls and come out". I stood there for about 2 minutes looking into the woods and the tree line to try to see who in the hell was throwing those stones or if anyone would step out and apologize for a bad joke. I was angry as well as frightened. No one came out or said anything.

Just to my right was a small stream in the middle of a gully that curved around into the forest behind the tree that I was sitting under just a few minutes ago. I decided that I would walk up this gully to see if it would take me behind of whoever was throwing the stones hoping I could find this person. As I was walking in the gully, I came to an area where there was a very nasty foul odor. It was so strong that it stopped me in my tracks and made me cover my face with a glove to mask the smell. It smelled like a combination of really rancid feces combined with a "wet dog" smell. It was so strong that I look all over the ground around of me to see if I could find something that was responsible for making that smell. I walked forward very carefully looking both at the ground and the woods in front of me. If it was dead animal or dung on the ground I definitely did not want to step in it. The smell was nauseating. When I came to the area about 30 yards behind of the tree that I previously sat under, I slowly walked up the grade to see if I could sneak up and surprise whoever was throwing the rocks. As I walked up the grade toward the tall grass on the tree line, the horrible smell became even stronger. I then came to an area where the grass was matted down and found a pile of rocks, some being as big as a baseball, with two or three the size of a basketball that obviously came from the stream I just walked by. The stones were still wet.

After seeing these rocks, I was very puzzled and was beginning to become frightened. I knew that someone was just there and I decided it was time to get the hell out of there. That’s when all hell broke loose.

As I started to walk away there was an EXTREMELY loud growl/howl that sounded like it was right behind of me. The sound was so loud that my eyeballs vibrated. I ducked and spun around and pointed my shotgun in the direction of the sound. As I spun around, about 30 feet away, in the high grass near the area I just left, I saw a very large "creature" or "person" standing near the area where I found the wet stones. I did not know what the hell I was looking at. Just so you know, back in 1976 I have never heard of or knew anything about "Big Foot". I had absolutely no frame of reference to identify what I was looking at. The first thing I thought was "bear", but I immediately discarded that thought - it was not a bear. Then I thought it was a gorilla – but I thought what the hell is a gorilla doing in the mountains, but as I starred at it, I realized it looked far too human to be a gorilla. Then I thought it might be a "wild man" or a "hermit". My mind was spinning. I had no idea what it was. My mind could not make any sense of what I saw. It was extremely tall and the "hair" on its head was rounded over as a "crest". That is what made me first think it was a gorilla. But everything else looked to be mostly human but far, far larger. It was massive and very muscular. It was covered with dark brown coarse looking hair about 6" long with less hair on the face and somewhat less hair on the chest. The face is what looked to be more human or part human and part ape. Its eyes were dark (did not see any whites) and the nose was wide and flat, but still looked very human. The mouth was wide and the lips were somewhat thin but they still also looked very human in appearance. The skin on the face was dark brown with a wide jaw and chin. The eyebrow ridge stuck out more than a human. The head and shoulders looked like a bodybuilder's physique. Its arms were far longer than a man’s arm. It looked to extend down to just above its knees. You could see some dark brown on the chest and for that reason my impression is that it was a male, not a female creature. It sort of looked like the picture of a Neanderthal you see in the history books, except it had far more hair.

Continued...

During that time, I was stunned and frozen in my tracks. This thing then snarled and growled a low pitch menacing growl. It lips pulled up when it snarled and I could see the teeth were also human in appearance, though much bigger. The look on its face left no doubt that it was angry - and when it took two quick steps toward me, I turned and ran faster than I ever had in my entire life. I could tell from the crashing and stomping behind of me that it was chasing me. I did not think that my shotgun had a chance in hell of dropping that thing otherwise I would have stopped and shot. I am not sure that the .45 I left in my truck would have stopped it. I just kept on running for what seems like forever. I could tell that it was getting closer but I did not want to turn and look though I did glance back a couple of times to see if it was gaining on me. I could hear what sounded like limbs breaking. As I was running down the mountain gap (the way I come up) a limb about as big as my arm came flying by my head. I didn't slow down. I then turned from the path down the gap that I was running on to a shortcut down a very steep side of the mountain toward the road. I ran/slid –mostly slid- down the side of the mountain. I twice took a quick glimpse over my shoulder and I could see that it was behind of me and getting closer. It appeared to be 2 or 3 steps behind of me. I had a feeling that he could easily catch up but was maintaining a distance from me.

It was a long way down to the road, but about half way down the mountain, I could see my pickup truck parked along the road about 200 yards away. I angled toward the truck. When I got to the bottom, I ran to the truck and tried to open the door when I realized that my keys were in the backpack, which was torn open during my descent down the side of the mountain. I almost panicked trying to find the keys. I could not bring myself to look to see where the "creature" was. I quickly found the keys, threw the pack on the road, and unlocked the truck door and glove box to get the .45. I turned expecting to see this thing beside of the truck or reaching in to grab me. However, this thing had stopped about 30 yards away under a tree that I just ran past toward the truck. It was standing there with it arm holding on the branch above its head in a way a person would while resting. It was amazing to see how big the arms were on this thing. I still could not see anything below mid thighs since it was standing in the tall grass by the tree. I could tell that it was easily 7’ tall or more base on the height of the limb, which was about 10-11’ about the ground. I was thoroughly winded and breathing very hard and sucking air but it did not look like it was breathing hard at all. It still had a very angry look on its face and the lips were still pulled back in a snarl - but it did not move past that tree. I got the feeling it did not want to come out onto the road. I debated taking a shot at it with the .45 but I was afraid of provoking it. I also think it was the fact that it looked too human and I just couldn’t do it. However, if it would have come toward the truck, I would have shot it and emptied my .45– no doubt in my mind. But while it was standing still, I couldn’t shoot. I felt safe in the truck with the .45. I sat there for a few more seconds looking at it when I took a pair of binoculars off of the seat to get a close up look at its face. When I looked through the binoculars, it had turned its head away from me looking upward toward the slope of the mountain. All I saw was the back of its head. I dropped the binoculars down to see what it was looking at. Up the mountain side, I could tell that something was coming down the side of the mountain really fast. The bushes and trees were shaking as though something big was coming through. The "thing" then turned and looked toward me again still snarling. I had a feeling that another one was coming and I was not going to stay around to see. I stepped on the gas and left as fast as I could.

Later at home, I was shaking like a leaf and it took a long time for me to calm down. I think I was in a state of shock. I couldn’t stop trembling. After I calmed down, I thought more about what happened. It was evident that this thing could have "caught" me easily. The few times I glanced back I saw that it could have easily grabbed me – but it didn’t. I now have the feeling that it wanted to make sure that "I was leaving". The speed that 2nd one (the one I never saw) was coming down the mountain was incredible. It was almost like a boulder crashing down the mountainside. I now believe that it didn’t intend to harm me but it had every intention of scaring the hell out of me. Maybe I am attributing human attributes to this thing but it looked human enough to do so.

I called my friend (that I was supposed to go hunting with) later to try to talk with him about what I saw but I couldn’t tell him everything. I kind of glossed over some of the things so he would not think that I was crazy. He could tell that I was really shaken up and he kept on asking what I saw. He asked if I saw a bear, bobcat, moon-shiners – or "something else". I replied that I was not sure what I saw. He then chewed me out for going hunting alone. He told me that in the past some hunters that were very familiar with the mountains have gone hunting and have never been returned. He made me promise that I would never again go hunting without a partner. That was an easy promise to keep. I have NEVER gone hunting again. I have NEVER been in the woods since then and I never will go into the woods again– not even in Ohio where I moved back to several years later.

For the rest of the time I lived in that house I was constantly on alert. I made sure that I was with my wife and my daughter every time they went outside to either work in the garden or to play. I kept the .45 with me at all times out of sight. I did not want to frighten them.

I was very happy when the condo was ready and we could move to Marion. I never told my wife what I saw. I did not want to frighten her. She knows something happened since I never went hunting again. She asked me several times why I quit hunting. I just told her it was too tiring to climb the mountains.

I have not told too many about what happened that day. I do know this – they are real and someday there will be proof. I know I don’t need any proof. end of account

It's late and I have to work tomorrow, gotta go for now. BBL.

I know of a mountain biker that got chased by a lrge male like that.He said he was sh***ing himself and the 'thing' could have caught him easily but kept a distance. He even wiped out and it stopped , he got up and kept peddling his a** off and the thing kept tailing along at a short distance till he was out of the area.

Also spoke to a guy from Kamloops who grew up hunting and doesnt go in the woods anymore due to what was staring at him from 10 yrds yrs back...interesting s**t! ' if your interested'

I find myself believing more and more over the years. Every so often, when I'm far enough back in the dark, sullen corner of some old spruce swamp, or sidehilling through a really thick patch of wet-coast jungle with a low overcast clinging to the treetops, I find it too easy to believe.

When I was out in the bush as a kid, I refused to believe because I didn't want to. The idea just terrified me! Nowadays, I find myself wanting to believe because as terrifying as it may be, I think I like the idea that this old earth still has some tricks up her sleeve!

I have no doubt that there are innumerable hoaxes out there, but I believe there are far too many stories for at least a few of them not to have a shred of truth to them.

@ Will ,

'If' you were really interested in the possibility and dug a bit , you would answer all the words you wrote. There IS multiple hair samples , fece's samples , over 50 film/video shots , multiple photos , handfull ofmgame cam shots and literally thousands and thousands of sighting reports from all over the world. There is blood samples , hundreds of foot print catsings , people from all fields of profession who have seen them and stand firm on their stories , everything from cops , co's , fisheries , loggers , hunters, fishermen...ect ect....how would a person confront every and each person who have seen oen and tell them they " DID NOT" ??

Also ,who is going to be the 'herd member' who is going to be credible enough for the rest of the herd to believe??

Fort you guys who 'insist' it 'doesnt exist' , picture this : now just what would you do if your best freind or father ect came to you ,looked you in the eye and told you they saw a hair covered 7 to 9 ft tall being in the eoods looking at them ??? and your freind or family member had goose bumps on their arms , wide eyes and are absolutely upset still of what they saw?? you going to tell them they didnt??...going to tell them 'what they really saw' whithout being there?? I have expereinced this scenerio more than a few times and feel bad for them being discredited of ther character and being 'shut down' by the 'herd' on taloking about it.

I fortuantely have no problem telling what i saw due to knowing very well I am nuts and am quite comfortable with it,haha..

Personally , I am not interested wether people believe or not , I really do find the majority of people wayy too programed and conditioned over the years to really bother with when it comes to 'out of the box' topics.

But for the people who have seen or heard 'something' or the curious I am all over pushing the topic with knowledge to share or find .

It is a very interesting topic once you dig up info and have a true interest , amazing just how much info is out there.

Years ago on the island I was dating a girl whos mom worked at the BC provincial meuseum. She worked in the 'curitorial building' with the people who ' make the call' on living things out there. I asked her what they thought of the sasquatch topic and she said " oh , we KNOW its out there but we can not say a thing with out a body"...hmmm.....

For you guys who have seen one of the damned things or heard 'something' that made you **** yourself , be assured THEY LIVE...its impossible for them NOT TO ! They outclass us %100 out there and can do circles around us day and night out there.

The amount of time I put in the woods from guideing/trapping and hunting for myself is a fair sized total in a year and I will tell you flat out I never go in the woods EVER without thinking of those things and what I saw that day , especially around here where its more comon for me to dig up a frikkin sighting report than it is a couger report.

I dont really need to have a 'face to face' out there and try and mind my own buisines...dont want 'it' ruined for me and the outdoors and have spoke to more than a few outdoorsmen who WONT go out there again!

Years ago me and a couple friends where down Quarry road at the base of Burke Mountain along the Pitt River. Me and one of my buddies went into the Bush to get some dry branches of the trees to start a fire.

As my buddy was braking branches I could here other branches braking, buddy tells me to quit braking branches. I said I'm not. it happened again as soon as he started braking more branches, he stopped branches kept braking. Quit braking branches, I'm not.

Now I have herd coyotes and wolves howl. This howling that started sent chills up my spine (getting chills typing this). Buddy was about 10 yards into the bush, in a nano second he was beside me. I'm F__king out of here he said and was gone.

I had about 150 pounds on him, he could out run me any day of the week in a wheel chair, he was fast. The car was 50 yards down the path. I got to the car yelling at him to start it and get going, he wasn't in the car. A split second later he opens the car door and turns down the path and starts screaming at me to hurry and get in the car. I in turn was screaming at him to get into the F__king car and get going.

I have never been down there since, and have no plans to go back. That was almost 30 years ago, it is in my mind like it was yesterday.

A couple of months before all this we cut out a area to build a little party cabin. Cut out an area about 30 x 30 piled all the trees up. Next day went back and all the trees where scattered all over the area we cut out.

Believe or not I don't care, I believe there is something out there.

Check this out, will be interesting the outcome!

ps , Will , if you were up on the facts , you would also know that the 'hoax' of the Patterson Film was a "hoax" in itself. Since that filming , Russian,Chinese and north american ' experts' have tried multiple times to duplicate that film with the same sized subject , same stride and as well using up to date cameras,special effects ect as opposed to 1960's camera and have all come to the same conclusion: 'impossible to duplicate'...( serious , check it out on the net).

Anyway , here's what was just 'in' on my email today by coincidence with the topic here today ,

http://questforsasquatch.com/contact.html

Read it all , will shed a bit of light

Will , I'll bet you beers their runnin around!...might even double the beers...

http://www.bfro.net/REF/THEORIES/chambers.asp

Edited by MagniAesir

Guest BCCryptid

After I complied all these random camping, hiking & hunting stories from people who are sadly in denial, I could then read them back to back, and was able to glean a few things about the giants.... IMO

Many, if not all are capable of a language communication.... In other words they have speech capability and learning is probably dependent on where they geographically reside.

They deploy text book maneuvers;

- suspect enemy has breached the area, now on alert

- scouts move in to visually confirm enemy presence

- scouts then move back to safe perimeter line for cover

- scouts now warn others with loud wood cracks or whoops, whistles or mimicry of other creatures

- enemy continues to breach, covert surveillance methods now deployed

- flank and watch as the enemy proceeds

- enemy gets too close; time for scare tactics with screams and object throwing

If you live near any of these story locations you may have a likely research area!

I like your parallel to military tactics. I also sense this, often refer to them as 'Wookie Commandos'.

A few points I'd add:

- Use cover and concealment to stealthily approach a target or retreat. Crawl on belly (known as the leopard crawl in military jargon) hide behind trees, use 'freeze in place' tactics to avoid movement being spotted. When a sasquatch doesn't want you to spot him, you won't. When it doesn't want you to hear him you won't. When he does, all hell will break loose...

- Avoid leaving tracks as much as possible, stay on hard ground, use fallen logs for transit, ect...

- Climb trees to use as lookouts

This is new postings from one of the threads I linked to earlier.

It is still going strong.

http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=52191&page=32

been following this thread from the start

i am a beliver ,i also knew Rene on a personal level for a couple years as a 15 year old kid setting targets at the vancouver gun club where he worked in his latter years.At the time i had no idea he was a sasquatch hunter just a man who resold leadshot for the trapshooters,I was amazed when he invited me in to look at all the casts and hair samples ect.. he had collected and i shared a story with him that my parents had told me about from the 70s at horn lake in the cariboo.Which was basically three families mine included camping and fishing horn lake which was incredible fishing then from what my mom tells me 5lb average and one 11lb rainbow caught the day they arrived well as the story goes around 10pm sitting around camp everyone was talking about the great start to the trip with all the massive rainbows when they heard this screaming or vocalizing you might say getting closer and louder from both sides of the valley.needless to say three grown men with loaded rifles sitting awake in there campers all night packed and left at first light despite the awsome fishing they never went back.

best part of the story rene knew the exact place and told me he believed there was or still is a family of them that live in that exact place and said he had casted prints from that very area in the 80s including a young one!!!

Although I personally don't believe Sasquatch exist, I would never ridicule or make fun of anyone that truly believes they have seen, or have seen footprints etc. I have traveled in the mountains and back country many years, with and without others, and during those times I/we have seen bears, moose, horses, stumps, and rock outcroppings we were convinced were human-like. Most situations were cleared up with good binoculars, but some we had to walk right up to in order to identify. On several occasions, either myself, or companion(s) were absolutely convinced of what they thought they were observing at the time. As a hunter, I am very aware of any animal tracks, however old, as well as noticing any signs of their feeding as I walk about. If there is one doe with a fawn living in a logging slash, it is easy to see their tracks and nipped off shoots etc. everywhere. One bear feeding as it moves across a mountainside can easily be tracked. I have difficulty believing something 500 lbs. could constantly feed themselves year-round without exposing their existence. During a full moon night, a brother in his sleeping bag beneath a tree had a large packrat jump on his chest and scare the hell out of him because he thought it was something huge....he batted it off and shot it (he was nervous about being alone in the wilds, so had his loaded rifle by his side) until he took a look at what he had shot. I have heard horses growl, moose growl and mew, bulls do the same, cats scream, and trees rub making all sorts of sounds that one's imagination could convince themselves was something strange and dangerous. When my Brothers and I were in our early teens and younger, we camped in bear country, so brought along a couple of cans of sardines which we emptied into and all over a rotted stump far from camp. The noise during the night from the bear(s) ripping away at that stump was very frightening to us, even though we knew what it was. Just saying....

“â€â€â€â€â€â€â€â€â€â€â€â€â€â€â€â€â€â€â€â€â€â€â€â€â€â€â€â€â€â€â€â€â€â€

even if someone is to publicly show clear video, it will do nothing to change the minds of some. you cant make someone believe in something they dont believe in without them seeing with there own eyes. well maybe brainwashing.lol. ive said lots about the sasquatch. i myself dont have the doubts, as experince has determined that, as steve has stated. i have had 3 experiences in 1 area over approximatly 6 months. i have no question as to what i saw and heard screaming in my 35 acre hay field chasing other animals. it was no grizz fumbling on its hind legs across my field, as it was moving. consequently to my dismay, we sold that prime hunting territory, in which was my dream property to never have again, from the 3 incedents which have permanently scarred my wife, and I. I wish they didnt exist, but they do. after this, now i question everything, and have discovered many things we are led to believe are in fact not true. this is what will happen to you. because you ask yourself ,WHY do these exist , and so many say they dont. well you come up with lots of reasons trust me. 100 easy reasons. i can go on and on in detail , but for what reason, so i can be labelled by naysayers . witnesses yup 2 others. this has caused permanent damage between my wife and I, that will never be fixed. I see it in her eyes, camping ,when an odd sound is heard. This has ruined any sense of confidence in the bush that she had. Im a diehard outdoors person, who stopped going into the bush for 5 years , till it ate at me so much that I said f$$$ it. Started hunting again in2010. Moved from interior to the island. The scream that they make when inhaling air is unmistakable, and makes the hair on your body stand on end, even if you cant relate the sound at first. it carries for miles as i witnessed, when it eventually showed up. call yourself fortunate to have not witnessed what we did. witnessed event. 3 people 4 coyotes 12 cows 1 horse and all did something different from each other

‘’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’

I treed a sasquatch with the hounds this winter.

I tickled his b’’’s with a stick and I swear he smiled at me.

Seriously, I saw some ****ED up tracks several years ago way back deep in no mans land, hunting deer. They were NOTHING like I've seen before.

About a size 7-8 print. I had a buddy with me and another split up on the radio. We told him what we saw and we followed the tracks til they crossed an icy chute we could not.

There was fresh snow on the ground and we were in a massive stand of old growth timber, over a 2 hour hike straight up.

Shortly after, my buddy radio'd saying he was staring at some weird fresh tracks going the opposite way.

We asked how big and he said at least a size 14.

We thought he was playing a joke on us and he started getting mad asking if we were joking too, which we weren't.

IIRC we all met at the bottom and really didnt have much to say, we've seen hundreds and hundreds of bear tracks, elk, cats you name it.

Just our truck was there that day and there was only one way to get into the canyon.

Messed up ? Yep.

I've heard of that Bindernagel guy and this is one of the areas he's supposedly spent a lot of time, camping out recording them communicating from ridge to ridge at the night, has a clay cast of a foot print in the mud and there has been 2 other 'believable' testimonials from the same area, one of which comes from one of the hardest assed old school loggers I've known, well before there were any roads punched in that area.

My theory, I leave them alone they leave me alone.

Doesn't bother me, not afraid and I would shoot one if I saw it and felt threatened.

‘’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’

Speakin of screams , I know a conservation officer who told me about being at a lake just south of Naniamo , ( for get the damned name) but its on the ocean side of the highway.Him and his son were stuck in the mud right beside the lake ( apperantly theres hills beside it and its not very big) while getting the CO truck unstuck in the dark ,"something started screaming across the water at them from the bush and it scared the living s’’t outta us" he said it was impossible to mimic and so loud and long he wished he hadnt heard it. He pulled out the '06 and made his kid clutch it while he 'panick dug' the truck out.

I'll try and remember some other ones I have heard first hand and post.

‘’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’

There is no longer , in my household , any discussion of the sasquatch. As I have a couple of young boys , we wish not to scar, as well ,my wife is trying to forget it. Difficult to do since , it has factored in to some of our biggest decisions in our lives. Selling our 1/4 section farm , with 35 acres of pasture, 2 story log house, 45 acres marketable timber, artesion well, 6ft x 1ft deep creek that bubbled out of the ground on the property, fenced and cross fenced, resident whitetails, and mule deer, giant horse kissing moose, cougars, bears. On top of all this , we paid $111000 dollers for this, in the okanagan. So thats what I gave up , cause of , this damned thing. Along with some credibility from some who had a lot of respect for me , before this. The good, out of this, if any, we filled our pockets with cash on the sale, tripling our money. F$$$$$$ money dont mean s$$t to me though.

‘’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trapper D

There is no longer , in my household , any discussion of the sasquatch. As I have a couple of young boys , we wish not to scar, as well ,my wife is trying to forget it. Difficult to do since , it has factored in to some of our biggest decisions in our lives. Selling our 1/4 section farm , with 35 acres of pasture, 2 story log house, 45 acres marketable timber, artesion well, 6ft x 1ft deep creek that bubbled out of the ground on the property, fenced and cross fenced, resident whitetails, and mule deer, giant horse kissing moose, cougars, bears. On top of all this , we paid $111000 dollers for this, in the okanagan. So thats what I gave up , cause of , this damned thing. Along with some credibility from some who had a lot of respect for me , before this. The good, out of this, if any, we filled our pockets with cash on the sale, tripling our money. F$$$$$$ money dont mean s$$t to me though.

I might add ,that, after, lots, of thought, involving this, I believe, that it was resident , due to the three different seasons , in six months that we had accounts of it, or our farm was right on its migratory path, which incedently, i have checked topo s ,and discovered , a natural valley corridor, from the Monashees right to our property in the North okanagan. One observation about this is , Its still there , according to reports from farmers, and campers in the area, because I have read it on the web. I will add this as well. At the time of this happening when I first told certain interested parties, I left out the visual,accounts of my story, due to the fact ,I didnt want Scooby Doo and his medling friends ,out and about on our property, cause we already had people snooping around , when we werent there. We didnt live there, we lived in town, for the most part. Also , my beliefs at the time, immediatly before, was just like many others. YA IF I SEE ONE IM GOING TO SHOOT IT AND COLLECT MY MILLION DOLLERS. Good luck with that, youll do what everyone else does. FREEZE, TURN WHITE, JUMP IN YOUR TRUCK, AND GET THE F$$$ OUTA THERE imdone

Quote:

Originally Posted by

do the new owners mind people looking around?

dont know never met them. they were from Armstrong, and I suspected they may have been the logging outfit, that I had come up there to scale the value of the timber. didnt care at that point.

‘’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’

A couple years ago myself and a friend decided to walk up the harrison to the mouth of the chehalis and hike it up to the chehalis hatchery to meet up with our ride and some other buddies up there ,on our way upstream fishing as we went, ran into some hatchery staff cutting chum carcasses for the chum count and got talking to them and the topic of sasquatch came up from one of the hatchery guys,he said lookout for the sasquatch is said what? He went on to tell me every year around spawning time they find prints on the hatchery property along the fish rearing channels

This guy was serious and the two guys he was with said they see them every year and more than once, ask the staff for yourself if you go up that way.

‘’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’

Fall 2006 Recently bought our farm, doing some major cleanup of the property, as it was a commune at one time years back. Previously in the week ,I had made arrangements with a scrap car removal guy , out of the paper, to come and take the ,11 cars and trucks off the property. So we agreed to meet at 7 am, Saturday morning. Saturday, morning I go up there, sure enough , they are there waiting. So ,I show these guys the various locations of the vehicles, to my dismay, as they say ,Im going to need a tractor to bring them to the road. We go down to the road, which divides the property in half. Its actually 77 acres , not a 1/4 section, due to road allowance. The other side of the road , our property, is mostly pasture , fenced around mostly all of it. Since our farm was the last one in the valley, before complete wilderness, our field was used by other farmers down the valley, for round up of there cattle free ranging in the forest. So we had a dozen cattle in the field, as well as an old beater horse that probably lived its whole life there. Our nieghbor I guess had entitlement issues. Were bulshitting on the side of the road about when to return, when we started hearing these screaming sounds, which all of us after discussion had never heard before. We were all hunter as well. The screaming kept getting louder and louder as it neared. While this was going on the cattle in the field, rounded themselves up from across the field and hustled over to us. The horse did the opposite, it crossed the field , and went towards the screaming. The screaming was loud as it echoed in the valley, as well you could feel it in your chest. 10 minutes about had gone by, then 4 coyotes come running out of the bush from where the screams were coming, all running with there heads cocked to the side ,looking behind. They were spaced apart when they ran out in the field, maybe 100 meters from the horse. Then, shortly after that, this big hairy dude, comes out of the bush into my field, screaming. My 2 scrap guys were in there truck , before my eyes left this thing. The only word I heard was [WELL] as they left. This thing was still crossing my field. I jumped in my truck, and fired it up, but by the time I was set, It was on the other side of the field, still screaming, almost at the bush. Because I hesitated I would now have to cross the end of the field , to where the bushes close in on the road. where it went. As well my wife was to be coming up at anytime in her car with my infant son, so really I couldnt leave. I stayed in my running truck as it screamed down the valley. I could here each farmers dogs freaking out as it travelled past each farm. That was the first incident. I had a clear look at this thing as I watched it cross a 35 acre field, at maybe 150 yards, there is no mistaking , as i could make out its features , as it , lol , wasnt a bear. After all this , of course i scarred the hell out of my wife. even before i told her the whole story. I guess it was written all over my face. The Wednesday following , scrap dude calls me, all concerned. I guess he had been stewing for a few before he decided to call me. All he said was WHAT DID WE SEE OUT THERE, and I said , I dont think I have to say anything do I? And he said NO. Well before I talked to him I was heavy on the internet looking for anything. I came across this 1993 klamath sighting audio. I just about pissed myself when I listened to it , because it was the same scream exactly. like i said that was the first incident. My dog is a very good perimeter guard dog, always trying to extend her boundries, up there , she would never leave the deck ,unless ,i did. The bush was dead quiet, no birds chirping. At dark you could wave your hand in front of your face and not see it.

‘’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’

A 2nd hand story from a very reliable, no nonsense guy who confided his actual encounter to me a few years ago.

Driving past a lake in the Lower Mainland (Belcarra) on his way home in February around 7 pm. Dark and heavy rain. Dog in his car. Dog is normally very placid...started barking like crazy. All of a sudden, in his headlights...Mr. Sasquatch. It strode quickly across the road and down to the lake area. He came to a screeching halt. Being a reasonable type of guy...after recovering from the shock, he looked around expecting to see a bunch of kids drinking beer and having a good laugh at his expense. No kids, no sign of Sasquatch. Went home and was too embarrassed to share with anyone. Guy sees bears all the time where we live.

Confided the story to me a year later when we became neighbors and had became friends. I suggested that no kids would do this on a wet/cold night in Feb...July Aug night = yes....but not Feb in the rain. Really puts a damper on things.

Anyways...a few months later its the guy's birthday and I decided to make up a T-shirt with the Tazmanian Devil (Disney character) on one side and the words...'Beast of Belcarra LIVES! below it. He loved it and wore it that summer.

One day, he had two local kids helping him do the gardening. They asked about the shirt he was wearing and he decided to tell them the story. The two kids looked at each other and confided the following...sometime the previous year...it was in February and they remember it was raining hard, they drove by the swamp by the pump station at the same lake on the way in to the Village. The swamp is about 300 yards from where my neighbour saw the Sasquatch. They saw this creature striding upright through 2-3 foot deep mud in the swamp like it was nothing. Kids said they decided not to tell anyone cause no one would believe them. They don't know if it was the same night that my neighbour had his sighting but it was in Feb and the same year and about the same time of evening in the dark.

HHHMMMM!!! You never know.

Quote:

Originally Posted by

@ Will ' date='

'If' you were really interested in the possibility and dug a bit , you would answer all the words you wrote. There IS multiple hair samples , fece's samples , over 50 film/video shots , multiple photos , handfull ofmgame cam shots and literally thousands and thousands of sighting reports from all over the world. There is blood samples , hundreds of foot print catsings , people from all fields of profession who have seen them and stand firm on their stories , everything from cops , co's , fisheries , loggers , hunters, fishermen...ect ect....how would a person confront every and each person who have seen oen and tell them they " DID NOT" ??

I am not trying to p’’s you off I am curious. Where can I find authentic evidence that can be verified? I would like to believe it I just don't see anything out there that points in that direction. This is not a slam on people who have claimed to see one, this is someone who has to take more than heresay to believe something like this. Is there a link with real evidence? Again curious not trying to aggravate you.

I'm not pi’’ed , but do take this very seriously due to myself having more than a few 'experiences' including seeing one. and feel I should come to the defence of every guy on here who has had an experience and is writting about it.

There are many sites with ' researchers' doing their 'thing' collecting info , prints , hair ect. BUT , this will never 'do it' for most.

As you do not believe in the existance of these creatures , I am seriously curious as to your thoughts on why the men on here are writting these experiences.( not being anything but neutral) You just read a mans story 'first hand' of seeing one in broad daylight , what is your take on that? How can it be THAT easy for a man to shrug off a fellow man when he is being very serious and sharing something so very real?

I understand why people will rip apart a photo or prints or even a video with 'no body' for proof. But I really want to know how anyone can hear a story from a very credible person and shrug it off?? I find that very confusing.

For a start heres a few that have good credibility , 'BFRO' , 'Bigfoot encounters' ,' The olympic project' , from there if you continue to dig , you will find all other related places and carry on from there.

Funny , there are men in the world who 'tell' mass #'s of people that " God needs their money" and they literally thow it at him...huh?..just like that , BANG! "well , the preacher said God told him so , so it must be true"...then you get thousands of people who saw first hand( in the flesh) a large upright non human being in the woods and those same people say " nope , not possible"...

‘’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’

Quote:

Originally Posted by

Fall 2006 Recently bought our farm, doing some major cleanup of the property, as it was a commune at one time years back. Previously in the week ,I had made arrangements with a scrap car removal guy , out of the paper, to come and take the ,11 cars and trucks off the property. So we agreed to meet at 7 am, Saturday morning. Saturday, morning I go up there, sure enough , they are there waiting. So ,I show these guys the various locations of the vehicles, to my dismay, as they say ,Im going to need a tractor to bring them to the road. We go down to the road, which divides the property in half. Its actually 77 acres , not a 1/4 section, due to road allowance. The other side of the road , our property, is mostly pasture , fenced around mostly all of it. Since our farm was the last one in the valley, before complete wilderness, our field was used by other farmers down the valley, for round up of there cattle free ranging in the forest. So we had a dozen cattle in the field, as well as an old beater horse that probably lived its whole life there. Our nieghbor I guess had entitlement issues. Were bulshitting on the side of the road about when to return, when we started hearing these screaming sounds, which all of us after discussion had never heard before. We were all hunter as well. The screaming kept getting louder and louder as it neared. While this was going on the cattle in the field, rounded themselves up from across the field and hustled over to us. The horse did the opposite, it crossed the field , and went towards the screaming. The screaming was loud as it echoed in the valley, as well you could feel it in your chest. 10 minutes about had gone by, then 4 coyotes come running out of the bush from where the screams were coming, all running with there heads cocked to the side ,looking behind. They were spaced apart when they ran out in the field, maybe 100 meters from the horse. Then, shortly after that, this big hairy dude, comes out of the bush into my field, screaming. My 2 scrap guys were in there truck , before my eyes left this thing. The only word I heard was [WELL'] as they left. This thing was still crossing my field. I jumped in my truck, and fired it up, but by the time I was set, It was on the other side of the field, still screaming, almost at the bush. Because I hesitated I would now have to cross the end of the field , to where the bushes close in on the road. where it went. As well my wife was to be coming up at anytime in her car with my infant son, so really I couldnt leave. I stayed in my running truck as it screamed down the valley. I could here each farmers dogs freaking out as it travelled past each farm. That was the first incident. I had a clear look at this thing as I watched it cross a 35 acre field, at maybe 150 yards, there is no mistaking , as i could make out its features , as it , lol , wasnt a bear. After all this , of course i scarred the hell out of my wife. even before i told her the whole story. I guess it was written all over my face. The Wednesday following , scrap dude calls me, all concerned. I guess he had been stewing for a few before he decided to call me. All he said was WHAT DID WE SEE OUT THERE, and I said , I dont think I have to say anything do I? And he said NO. Well before I talked to him I was heavy on the internet looking for anything. I came across this 1993 klamath sighting audio. I just about pissed myself when I listened to it , because it was the same scream exactly. like i said that was the first incident. My dog is a very good perimeter guard dog, always trying to extend her boundries, up there , she would never leave the deck ,unless ,i did. The bush was dead quiet, no birds chirping. At dark you could wave your hand in front of your face and not see it.

the coyotes had done something to it cause thats why it was screaming im sure, maybe it had a baby one or they stole its food, guessing.

‘’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’

My last story is my own personal experience and i dont care if people belive me or not but her goes, group of us headed up to lonebutte on hyw24 to do some ice fishing up at irish lake which is right off the hyw just after the train tracks leaving town ,upon arrival we saw that there was about three feet of snow in the field heading down to the cabin along the lake it was late about 11pm and since it was pretty powdery snow we figured we would chain up and try and drive the truck a 2wd dakota to the cabin 500m away well the truck high centered instantly ofcourse so we proceeded to pile everything on to a tarp and drag it to the cabin and deal with the truck in the morning, about halfway across the field we came across fresh prints bipeadal in the snow all of us took a close look at these tracks and were scared sh’’less because it was snowing and they hadent been there for long as we could make out the toes they were huge like 15" or so we high tailed it to the cabin jammed a chair under the door knob nobody slept that night ,in the morning the snow had stopped but covered the prints up quite a bit i tried to walk this things tracks and could not even jump through that deep snow to reach the next print about 5 feet or so and it barley left a foot drag or toe kick we all followed the tracks out on the lake to an area of open water near the airators that were on the lake then they cut off the lake into the bush that was all it took for me to belive they are there!!

‘’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’

the area in my post is not even close to remote wilderness and the last place i would have thought to see somthing like this but i did and so did my buddies after we followed the tracks to the open water area i looked at them and said Yeah just a sasquatch getting a drink guys nothing to worry about.I said to them were not crazy thats sounds perfectly normal dosent it we all laughed and went fishing

‘’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’

Here's another couple hunting camp related stories I know of.

Some guys were elk hunting and had a whole elk hanging in camp. They were hiking back to camp and in sight of it , saw a " huge black hair covered thing pulling their elk down. It grabbed its head and picked it up off the ground , cocked the elks head over its shoulder with one hand and took off with it with little effort and the elk hung over its back. ( 4 men saw this).

Alberta , Nordeg: 5 guys in a camper trailer on a hunting trip. During the night " something" lifted one end of the trailer up and shook it like a shoe box with everyone inside...dropped it and left.

These things are BIG. The males have been reported to be VERY frikkin large.

‘’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’

Quote:

Originally Posted by

the area in my post is not even close to remote wilderness and the last place i would have thought to see somthing like this but i did and so did my buddies after we followed the tracks to the open water area i looked at them and said Yeah just a sasquatch getting a drink guys nothing to worry about.I said to them were not crazy thats sounds perfectly normal dosent it we all laughed and went fishing

definatly not crazy. you know whats funny is once you tell your story , other peoples stories immediatly come out. i have 2 others of my own on the same property. telling others, i found out another story from a cougar hunter on the same property who says his couger hounds footprints ended at those big bipedal footprints, and he never found his dog again, his wife made him tell me after i told my story, he didnt want to say.

‘’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’

An old buddy was falling up on the coast somewhere and he was relatively new. The guys in camp had told him there was a sasquatch around and he just shook it off as a prank of some sort to get him shaken up.

He said that when they were waiting for the boat to pick them up, there was rocks varying the size of golf balls to watermelons being lobbed off the rock cliff a couple hundred feet above them, into the ocean.

He said there was a huge undercut under part of the bank at shore level and they were sitting underneath that to avoid being hit, this went on for 20 minutes relentlessly.

Heard another story from an old timer (some of these details are foggy) but apparently there is a native band on the west coast of the island who, back in the day, used to leave deceased bodies in a coffin and raised into the trees so their soul would be freed to the heavens or whatever.

Apparently over a half dozen bodies when missing during the night over time.

There were constant reportings of this and some guy called b.s and decided to go up in the coffin with a shotgun and see if this was a joke or see if he could shoot this 'sicko'

I guess the guy fell asleep trying to wait up all night and woke up to the lid being lifted off the coffin, a huge hand reached in and grabbed him by the torso lifting him up but he screamed and the 'thing' dropped him and ran off into the night.

He said he felt like he was lifted like we'd lift a book, effortlessly.

The third story I have heard is of the old timer who went up a lake hunting 50-60 years back. There was no roads but he was following a low running creek up the mountain and saw a man standing 50-100 yards above him.

He yelled out to the guy, surprised to see anyone and concerned "hey are you ok?" as he'd never seen anyone there before and there was no way to get there aside from boat.

He started walking towards him and the 'guy' took 2 steps and was from the middle of the road and up the 4' bank and gone.

When he got to a short distance of where the 'guy' was standing, he realized the branch that was level with his head was 2' above his head.

He described the guy wearing dark-like wool pants and a really dirty stanfield, as the chest seemed somewhat silver (maybe the guy had bad eyes who knows)

‘’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’

Okay, I still don't believe in Samquantches,but that is largely a mental tool I use.

PG66 keeps harassing me to tell my story, I have had 3 whiskies now and my Gal is on day 3 of Hate Week so I am avoiding her, so I may as well just tell it like it is......

In 1996 or 1997 I was hunting deer on the Pemberton side of the Duffey Lake road. There was tons of deer sign around,it's a good place to hunt. I'd killed several deer in those switchbacks and up and down some logging roads.

I went up one road in my truck, parked, and hiked up behind a cutblock. I was sneaking through there when I caught wind of an awful stench. I figured that something was dead around there, and I knew grizzlies were in the area, so I chambered a round in my rifle, figuring I might be unlucky enough to run into a bear kill...

I kept moving with the wind in my face and then saw something move in the clearcut.

I figured it was a deer, so I got ready, to see if it was a nice buck. It wasn't.

I'm not Capt. Bushman, but I have spent quite a bit of time in the bush since I was about 10 years old or younger. I know what a moose looks like. I know what a bear looks like. I know what a deer, elk, sheep, goat or wolf looks like.

What I saw was not any of those creatures. The hairs on the back of my neck stood on end. I started to get nervous, which is very uncharacteristic of me. I usually just roll with the punches. But I felt weird...

I moved back, into the trees, then made my way back to the truck. I don't actually remember going to the truck. When I went to unlock the door I realized I was shaking a little bit. I actually had to hold my key in my right hand and steady it with my left. This is very weird for me, I don't get phased by weirdness easily. In fact I used to seek it.

Here is something funny, too:

Years later, PG66 and I were driving up the Duffy together and he said "you ever hunt up here?" and I said yes, I used to. Killed a few big bucks up here, too, but I dont' hunt up here anymore"

He of course asked "why don't you hunt up here anymore if you have killed some nice deer here?

I didn't really have an answer....

It wasn't until then that I realized that I had subconsciously made a decision to not go there.

So, do Samsquantches exist? Me,I will say no. I will just say that I saw something that disturbed me and I cannot identify what it was. If I admitted to their existence, I may never go back in the woods!

‘’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’

Hard to say - I personally voted 'no' but I should have voted for unsure perhaps.

I've never seen one but I've also see some extremely odd unexplained things in the woods too, enough to make me think that perhaps something can exist out there. I personally find it a little hard to think that one truly could exist, especially with all the technology and people in the outdoors these days. However, when you consider something that is a wild animal and lives by escaping detection, perhaps its just gotten lucky so far. There are still places in BC (and not even really that far from Vancouver) that are so remote that there's yet to be anyone even travelling on foot through there, so perhaps its just hiding deeper.

I had a bit of a funny run in with a moose last year while turkey hunting up the top end of Fife Rd in Christina Lake. We were previously chatting about Sasquatch so it was somewhat on my mind, but I was slowly puttering up the FSR on my quad heading up to a spot to hunt when I suddenly seen something move through the tree that seriously looked like a sasquatch. I stopped and shut the machine off, thinking to myself "holy s’’t no one's going to me believe me on this one!".. after about 10 sec of watching this suddenly a large cow moose walked out into the clearing, much to my relief!! But I will say, I have also hunted moose and seen many moose in my life and it was something else seeing just the rump end of it moving through the trees! It seriously looked like a tall lean creature walking slowly from that angle...

Not a sasquatch story, but somewhat related, I'll share a story that happened to my dad and I many years ago on the OK Lake just off the shore from Billibong Campsite below Westbank. We had the skiboat out just before dusk and he was teaching me how to control it in emergency situations so we were travelling a little erratically on the water, plus to top it off it was an inboard jetboat which wasn't overly common the OK Lake then (perhaps it sounded different, got its curiosity aroused). After several minutes of this we slowed to a stop and were chatting quietly when about 30' off the bow a set of 'humps' rose up out of the water about a foot high, 3 or 4 maybe, and coiled along slowly. We just stopped cold and stared for close to a minute, and my dad whispered at me to punch it and run it over, he wanted to see if it would raise its head. I was too stunned to do it (I was about 14 years old then) and just stared, and eventually it just slipped back under the surface - simple as that it vanished. It didn't leave a wake, didn't have fins, just slowly coiled through the water with only the top of the coils above the surface. It most definitely wasn't a fish or sturgeon, but it was about 6 or 7' long of what we saw. It looked like a huge twisted eel more that anything, definitely not natural looking. Who knows what it was, I know what I saw and it wasn't a normal looking marine animal (at least native to BC), I know I wasn't seeing things either cause we both seen it. Also, the lake was dead calm - not even a ripple - by the time it surfaced so it wasn't from our wake. There's tons of stories from the Indians about them sending old nags into the water first when crossing at Kelowna with their horses, as to feed the "monster" in the lake. There again, nothing's ever been found on sonar though.. LR

‘’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’

Personal thoughts on sasquatch

they live in small groups and will make themselves know if you get to close by vocalizine, throwing rocks ect but generally avoid human contact.

they most likley migrate like most other animals in the wild to sustain themselves during the winters

they can easily stay hidden even in populated areas just as a deer can during hunting season, which i would think they are much smarter than deer,its always hunting season for squatches

they may have a breeding period like other wild animals as to not have young in the midst of winter but during spring,this may be why the foul stench is so often reported just like a deer in rut!

A lot of reports talk of the foul smell but not all of them?

vocalizing or wood knocking could be to locate a mate during this time period or just general communication with other far off groups(try this when you are in a secluded area it worked for me once)

most encounters are more to scare humans away rather than to hurt them physicaly much like all creatures would do when an animal is protecting itself or offspring

they may have been a mostly coastal species until man inhabited most of the coastal areas

people who say they will shoot one if they see one are kidding themselves as they are reportedly quite human looking and huge you would be so shaken you wouldent likley get that shot off ,just running away fast!

if you lived in the bush of bc all you life it wouldent be to hard to stay out of sight imo, they totaly exist

‘’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’

Quote:

Originally Posted by

Thanks for finally telling the story of your possible sasquatch encounter, G’’’’’’’’’’’’. Been waiting a long time to hear it.

Was the creature or thing you saw standing upright and walking on two feet?

Walking on 2 feet, upright, in a natural manner. Not like a bear that gets up on his hind legs and waddles around, this thing was walking like a human.

‘’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’

For those whom dont belive just picture for a minute walking through the woods and coming across a set of 14-16 inch bipeadal tracks that look human except for the size ,would you go telling everyone you know probably not ,much like all the stories on this thread

this happens every single year, but few ever report it out of fear of disapproval i would say none of the personal accounts on this thread were ever reported publicly,when surfing the net on this topic i would say it is a safe bet in saying 10% of encounters are documented 90% are not even ever talked about. thats proof imo!

your probably right in the majority, but my story i reported . leaving out the fact that it came out into my field as clear as day, for fear they would want to put me on tv and have all the entourage that comes with it. I was concerned about loosing some respect from the people i did business with. But ya i went through the process. interogation,lol. I think what the horse did was of significance to those people for some reason. See when they log your story ,they have odd behavior of animals etc, to compare to ,to judge your sincerity,that they dont share publicly. kinda like cross referencing

Quote:

Originally Posted by

I was just reading about a possible sighting from last sept close to Revelstoke on www.bfro.net. All the provinces and states are listed. Just click on the map of Canada.

ya mines in there down at the 2006 lumby , they rank it a class b because , i think cause of the no visual as i claimed, think not sure geesh, reading it on there kinda brings it back , for me, its ok typing it , ya know years later, but when i read , what i was thinking then, makes my heart rate climb. seriously, maybe thats why i havent read it there was a picture a guy took on top of silver star mountain the same month and year possibly even day, of a sasquatch, on the top of the mountain, its vague but , significant to me. cause as a crow flys, that was about a mile from our property, its on the web somewhere

‘’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’

Guest vilnoori

Thanks, amazing stuff and I appreciate the BC and Alberta sightings there. Right in my own back yard so to speak.

BFF Patron

I might add ,that, after, lots, of thought, involving this, I believe, that it was resident , due to the three different seasons , in six months that we had accounts of it, or our farm was right on its migratory path, which incedently, i have checked topo s ,and discovered , a natural valley corridor, from the Monashees right to our property in the North okanagan. One observation about this is , Its still there , according to reports from farmers, and campers in the area, because I have read it on the web. I will add this as well. At the time of this happening when I first told certain interested parties, I left out the visual,accounts of my story, due to the fact ,I didnt want Scooby Doo and his medling friends ,out and about on our property, cause we already had people snooping around , when we werent there. We didnt live there, we lived in town, for the most part. Also , my beliefs at the time, immediatly before, was just like many others. YA IF I SEE ONE IM GOING TO SHOOT IT AND COLLECT MY MILLION DOLLERS. Good luck with that, youll do what everyone else does. FREEZE, TURN WHITE, JUMP IN YOUR TRUCK, AND GET THE F$$$ OUTA THERE imdone

Well this one account gives some researchers an idea of the bottlenecks and migratory route of at least one squatch in Canada.....the guy doesn't go into a great deal of depth describing his encounters but the fear element and protecting his family seemed to be what it came down to in driving him away. What a sad shame to have such a beautiful piece of property and not even be living there full time? Gotta wonder about that element seeing that he tripled his money despite what he says. It sounds like the costs were heavy for the family somehow, this would have been a good one for some research follow-ups while the family was resident.

Edited to add this particular witness sounded like he was far from denial.

Guest Bigfoot Proof

For the RECORD bipedalist, My Thread was about people in denial, unsuspecting, and unknowingly that had encounters who chock it off to something else other than what it REALLY was,..... it was member, MagniAesir who rudely HIJACKED my thread with real stories, not me who posted that quote you commented on.

For the RECORD bipedalist, My Thread was about people in denial, unsuspecting, and unknowingly that had encounters who chock it off to something else other than what it REALLY was,..... it was member, MagniAesir who rudely HIJACKED my thread with real stories, not me who posted that quote you commented on.

Didn't mean to highjack your thread in the least.

Please pm a moderator and ask them to split the two threads up if it bothers you.

Guest Inquisitor Jake

I dont think he meant to "hijack" your thread I think he was just adding things to it. might I say good stories aswell.

Guest Bigfoot Proof

I never said anyone MEANT to, or did it purposely, non-the-less it was hijacked and YES it bothers me, it's like typing in all caps, its rude! No one has to split up the thread, I'm simply not adding to it any further with similar accounts.

BFF Patron

Hey, it's ok, one "knowers" account got stuck in among all of the other ambivalent descriptions and heeby jeeby type stuff, it happens. Just enjoying that particular account and how it didn't fit. Not a negative comment about the thread author at all, just an observation in case people are scanning this thread and not scrutinizing each of the individual posts or accounts. Don't want anybody to miss that one. Again, that would make one interesting interview locating that particular family I believe.

I agree with grayjay this is a very good thread topic and idea. :)

Bigfoot Proof I think it would be a great loss to the forum if you chose not to continue with YOUR thread. It is not necessary to do anything drastic. Moderators can assist you in getting this one evened out. It's easy enough. There are several members that have spoken positively of your efforts in your chosen topic. It obviously has taken you alot of work to peruse that quantity of information to post up for the forum. I think MagneAisir was trying to be helpful and add to the thread.

And sorry if you took offense at my observation again, that was not the intent (and certainly apologize if the thread went off track as a result).