The Ketchum Report (Continued)

Guest Admin

So let me get this straight your saying Environmental Scientists don't Advocate for things? Like reduce of carbon Emissions? Reducing Deforestation

Of course scientists Advocates things.

If not we wouldn't have all these regulations on Drilling and Mining and other thing.

To say they don't is being dishonest.

Ah ok well what you want them to do and what they do are 2 different things.

Question: But how would we ever have had limits in carbon emissions, protection of species if they never advocated for something?

Who would be the ones advocating for these things?

Question:

The sample Tyler had tested came back Bear. Correct.

So with stories from the Book Missing 411 there are accounts of Children saying the bears feed them Berries and stuff. Granted a child's mind may have processed something differently. To protect itself. But could it be possible BF has some kinda of connection to bears?

It's not a question of wants, it's a question of science's role. We have elected policy makers to propose legislation based on the objective findings of said scientists.

Also, this discussion is getting a bit off-topic. I feel it's been followed to it's useful end.

Question: But how would we ever have had limits in carbon emissions, protection of species if they never advocated for something?

Who would be the ones advocating for these things?

The EPA? As for the protection of animals -- these are animals we already know exist. Melba is attempting to prove the existence of something.. That needs to happen first then I don't care how much of an advocate she is. But - just because she is a scientist - that does not mean she will decide how Bigfoot is seen in the eyes of the law. I don't even think she is considering the up hill battle she will have with that one.

Bonehead said:

Also, this discussion is getting a bit off-topic. I feel it's been followed to it's useful end.

I agree.

Re-posting a Topic Question:

So with stories from the Book Missing 411 there are accounts of Children saying the bears feed them Berries and stuff. Granted a child's mind may have processed something differently. To protect itself. But could it be possible BF has some kinda of connection to bears?

Edited by CathMcmillan

Cath said:

Well it came back Bear/Justin Smeja.

As for the rest of your question - are you asking if Bigfoot is part Bear? Just trying to make sure I understand this.

Guest Theagenes

Maybe, but if anyone has a "dog" in this endeavor now, it's Melba...

I thought the "dog" in this endeavor was Sample 140?

(sorry, couldn't resist)

Cath said:

Well it came back Bear/Justin Smeja.

As for the rest of your question - are you asking if Bigfoot is part Bear? Just trying to make sure I understand this.

Maybe i should do a topic instead. But Yes Could Bigfoots be some Bear hybrid. Just cause if you go by "stories" and all.

But, what they don't do (as a rule) is get into the position of advocacy. Which is what Melba has done. Those are two different things.

Not so. When something is proven, it's because of a cogency of evidence that causes acceptance of the mind of a truth or fact. You can't decry "where's the proof" and then say a scientist would never become an advocate of that proof when they accept it. Disotell has said he would become a believer based on DNA data, even if , I presume , it didn't wash with his peers. Melba believes she has the data, and I expect her to share it with the right people.

Guest Scout1959

Maybe i should do a topic instead. But Yes Could Bigfoots be some Bear hybrid. Just cause if you go by "stories" and all.

Well it could not be a hybrid with humans that much is absolutely certain.

Could it be that bears evolved (parallel evolution) to exhibit traits similar to humans. Well I suppose that could be possible. An interesting idea and one that might explain the 'dog man' in Wisconsin. Which than would be a throwback to more 'bearish' features.

SouthernYahoo said;

Not so. When something is proven, it's because of a cogency of evidence that causes acceptance of the mind of a truth or fact. You can't decry "where's the proof" and then say a scientist would never become an advocate of that proof when they accept it. Disotell has said he would become a believer based on DNA data, even if , I presume , it didn't wash with his peers. Melba believes she has the data, and I expect her to share it with the right people.

Fine, but you are also talking about scientists who weighed in once the facts had been established - Melba has not done that YET.. Although she has been advocating for a long time - that this is in fact Human - with no evidence of this that I can find.

I would be a "believer" if there was DNA to back up the question - but there is not. Melba may believe whatever she likes, but she still needs to prove it. THAT she has not done. Maybe had she focused less on trying to convince the world that Bigfoot is human - and trying to get Constitutional Rights - she may have had more time to devote to her paper?

Get the work done first - nothing else matters until that happens.

Cath said:

I ain't touching that one with a ten foot pole. Maybe someone else can take a shot.. But, if Bigfoot is a bear hybrid - I would think that takes it further away from human than ever before. But, I don't know..

Edited by Melissa

Folks.

Folks.

Folks.

Is this DNA coming from a bigfoot? Not a Dynel rug with a Chewbacca head, but from that big guy on that slab over there, go over there, go 'head, tell me that's a guy in a suit?

It isn't?

Then not one substantive question has been answered.

No data, no discovery.

Getting back on topic (and apologies if this is old news, as I just came across it), it looks like Dr Meldrum has thrown in with the "sneer and jeer" crowd, based on some of his recent FB postings. I see no indication that he or anyone he cites has actually accessed and evaluated the terrabytes of data behind the study, but they are confidently crapping all over the findings.

I am a little disappointed with Dr Meldrum, who has suffered the same sort of unprofessional behavior himself in the past.

Dr Meldrum has thrown in with the "sneer and jeer" crowd

Really Mulder, because I just read a post on his FB page warning of posts being removed and "friends" if people did not discuss this without the insults and attitude. Maybe you take his honest opinion for sneering and jeering.. That's not how I read it.