The Ketchum Report (Continued)

Guest Admin

Agree with that assessment 100% on motives, character. Don't agree it's acceptable.

Agreed. That's what it looks like to me.

leisureclass, not to be picking on you, but I knew without looking at the name of the poster, that you were new to this. Bear habitat and bigfoot habitat are pretty much the same, because what they EAT is pretty much the same. If an area can support a large bear, it can support a sasquatch. I think this has been discussed a lot elsewhere, you should take a look. "5,000 misidentifications", and those are only the logged reports, with thousands more unreported. These arguments don't fly with me, which is my opinion and you are entitled to yours.

Question: if Humans have 23 pairs of chromosomes and Apes have 24 pairs, how many do Bigfoot have according to DNA tests?

Judging by what's been released so far, and assuming it's valid, they have one chromosome - human chromosome 11. As to your point about habitation, that is certainly one explanation, but it is based on assumptions about BF that I'm not comfortable making at this point. I'll look for the other threads you mention and see what they say.

Edited by leisureclass

To answer your first question, I am unaware of a human-____ hybrid ever being created, despite efforts by the Soviets to do so in the 1920s. I doubt there will ever be an attempt to do so; the ethical and legal issues alone would probably keep any respectable lab from trying.

As far as advanced civilizations before ours, what are you talking about?

What I'm referring to is the growing opinion that there were civilizations of man more advanced than we to have lived on the Earth. Evidenced by many things we can't explain, or rather flimsily try too such as the pyramids, Nazca Lines, etc.

Some people go the alien route, while some are beginning to go the route I bring up.

Perhaps one of these civilizations created the chimera which is bigfoot?

How would you know that CL? Have you got inside information? If so, share with us.

@GenesRus "Alternately, you have to believe that now-extinct, giant, prehistoric lemurs were promiscuously fornicating with human females thousand of years ago, and that their Zagnut-craving offspring now inhabit our forests and swamps."

That is the problematic understanding posters are putting up. No interbreeding ever has to take place, when we share some of the same DNA with many other warm-blooded animals. Some of the posters need to research and/or read up on the DNA similarities between humans and other types of animals.

Melba started this lemur nonsense herself when she started talking about the male progenitor, which she has already said was an unknown hominin, but then mentioned her suprise when hits came back on lemur and then mentioned she did not know about 500 lb. extinct lemurs. Is she saying the unknown homonin is closely related to lemur. Humans can't breed with giant lemurs and I wouldn't think our human ancestors could either even going back to lucy, since the lemur divergence was over 40,000,000 years ago.

Human%20family%20tree.%202%20jpg.jpg

Guest WldHrtRnch

Which I must add I'm not saying "greedy" in a malicious manner and I can't necessarily blame MK or being greedy....It's the American way!

The American Way? To be greedy? Really? How sad. :umbrage:

And I must say, it is not the American Way for many.

What I'm referring to is the growing opinion that there were civilizations of man more advanced than we to have lived on the Earth. Evidenced by many things we can't explain, or rather flimsily try too such as the pyramids, Nazca Lines, etc.

Some people go the alien route, while some are beginning to go the route I bring up.

Perhaps one of these civilizations created the chimera which is bigfoot?

Or, in an infinitely more likely scenario, Ketchum's results are garbage. At some point, the attempts to explain and defend Ketchum's results cross from legitimate speculation into ridiculousness and desperation. Explanations involving Atlantis or throwing out the entire fossil record are on the latter end of the scale.

How would you know that CL? Have you got inside information? If so, share with us.

@GenesRus "Alternately, you have to believe that now-extinct, giant, prehistoric lemurs were promiscuously fornicating with human females thousand of years ago, and that their Zagnut-craving offspring now inhabit our forests and swamps."

That is the problematic understanding posters are putting up. No interbreeding ever has to take place, when we share some of the same DNA with many other warm-blooded animals. Some of the posters need to research and/or read up on the DNA similarities between humans and other types of animals.

Thank you Thermalman ... Finally some logical thinking on this thread .. Otherwise just too much speculation ...

There are way to many people just on this forum alone that had close encounters with these animals, some of the samples taken were witnessed and then the sample taken.

Jacobs is controversial debate, there rebuttal to a bear with mange, for example the leg length is not right for a bear. it will never amount to more than a debate being that it is just a photo.

The report will never be forgotten, Sykes study will be based on it's findings on how it will impact this study.

Wait ..... Wait ... That could not be or correct ....... That would mean Melba'S work would be accepted by the Lamestream academic scientific folks .... That couldn't be true ........ Oh horror of horrors... Or could it ...

But you and I Know you nailed it ......lol

Nice post ....

I think there's a pretty good argument that misidentification of known species is behind most, if not all, of the alleged sightings. For instance, Lozier et al's article looking at the correlation between Bigfoot sightings and black bear range and found them almost identical. We also know that several purported bigfoot photos or videos have since been identified as bears with bad cases of mange - Rick Jacobs' photo, for instance.

Oh, naaaaah. What that "argument" is, however, is sufficient on its face to ascertain that the person making it hasn't read up, and must do so to fully join the conversation.

You ain't mistaking something with short legs and short "arms" (oh, and very prominent ears), less capable on two legs than a man with a crutch, with something with long arms and legs that makes Carl Lewis and Usain Bolt look like feedlot hogs. You ain't mistaking something that paces a sports car at highway speed on two legs with something that couldn't catch me on two legs if I hopped away in a sack. And fer shure you ain't telling me a bear looks anything - anything - like an ape or a human.

I have never read a report that indicates innocent mistaken identity. If any of them do, those people should be located and hospitalized. It is simply not safe for us, or them, to leave them among us, particularly driving or holding deadly weapons, as so very many of them were when they had their sightings.

One can see a sasquatch, and think bear (or human).

The other way? Get thee to a doctor, stat.

One can learn this in Psych 100, taught at many colleges.

One has to propose something reasonable to blow all this evidence away. So far, not a breath. Good wishful thinking though, and an excellent example of how far people can take that.

Why black bear and bigfoot have similar ranges is easily understood by what they eat - for which, for the latter, there are many records.

I have seen bears in the wild to rival anyone here. If you toss off Jacobs as a bear, I immediately either (1) mistrust your credentials or (2) recognize it as an effort to appear "skeptical" (shame on you, Jeff, Loren, and Alton, but I at least understand the pressure).

Oh, naaaaah. What that "argument" is, however, is sufficient on its face to ascertain that the person making it hasn't read up, and must do so to fully join the conversation.

You ain't mistaking something with short legs and short "arms" (oh, and very prominent ears), less capable on two legs than a man with a crutch, with something with long arms and legs that makes Carl Lewis and Usain Bolt look like feedlot hogs. You ain't mistaking something that paces a sports car at highway speed on two legs with something that couldn't catch me on two legs if I hopped away in a sack. And fer shure you ain't telling me a bear looks anything - anything - like an ape or a human.

With regards to your first paragraph, given that there's no real proof BF exists, let alone what his habits or traits are, it's laughable to claim anyone is either an expert or lacks credentials . With regards to your second paragraph, I'd love to see evidence of a bigfoot racing cars along the highway.

I have never read a report that indicates innocent mistaken identity. If any of them do, those people should be located and hospitalized. It is simply not safe for us, or them, to leave them among us, particularly driving or holding deadly weapons, as so very many of them were when they had their sightings.

One can see a sasquatch, and think bear (or human).

The other way? Get thee to a doctor, stat.

One can learn this in Psych 100, taught at many colleges.

We know that eyewitness testimony is unreliable. That's even more true when dealing with people of another race. No reason to think it would be more reliable when dealing with other species.

One has to propose something reasonable to blow all this evidence away. So far, not a breath. Good wishful thinking though, and an excellent example of how far people can take that.

This sounds suspiciously like one of those "I will offer $1 million for anyone who proves to my satisfaction that I'm wrong about X" offers. Who is the judge of reasonableness?

Why black bear and bigfoot have similar ranges is easily understood by what they eat - for which, for the latter, there are many records.

I have seen bears in the wild to rival anyone here. If you toss off Jacobs as a bear, I immediately either (1) mistrust your credentials or (2) recognize it as an effort to appear "skeptical" (shame on you, Jeff, Loren, and Alton, but I at least understand the pressure).

And how were these records of BF diet gathered? Are there stool samples confirmed to have come from a bigfoot? Or did someone come across a half-eaten carcass and say "Gee, BF must have done this?"

Or, in an infinitely more likely scenario, Ketchum's results are garbage. At some point, the attempts to explain and defend Ketchum's results cross from legitimate speculation into ridiculousness and desperation. Explanations involving Atlantis or throwing out the entire fossil record are on the latter end of the scale.

Oh what I'm saying is in no way intended to defend Melba...

I was attempting to satisfy my own needs for explaining BF.

Guest thermalman

Melba started this lemur nonsense herself when she started talking about the male progenitor, which she has already said was an unknown hominin, but then mentioned her suprise when hits came back on lemur and then mentioned she did not know about 500 lb. extinct lemurs. Is she saying the unknown homonin is closely related to lemur. Humans can't breed with giant lemurs and I wouldn't think our human ancestors could either even going back to lucy, since the lemur divergence was over 40,000,000 years ago.

MK was stating results she found in the DNA. If people don't have a clue about DNA and the concept of it, they should remain quiet and learn.

Guest OntarioSquatch

It looks as though Dr. Ketchum is the one who needs to learn more about DNA. Her claims are getting discredited left, right and center. And not because of scientific bias.

Guest J Sasq Doe

Ah, I must've missed the news. She has released her data to an acknowledged expert in the field, and he/she has made attempts to replicate, or repudiate, the results of Dr. Ketchum's study?

What are the details. Do tell. Who is this scientific expert?

Edited by J Sasq Doe

BFF Patron

Right, there is a peer review panel burning the midnight oil at this very hour as we were told. Maybe SY knows what the timeline will be on the panel? Maybe they are running samples again, who knows?