The Ketchum Report (Continued)

Guest Admin

Thermalman,

If I recall isn't it that we all split from the same organizims from the ooze?

So it would make sense that Lemur could be in the dna.

Also the problem I see is this for the people who say her resaults were contaminated.

Explain the contamination of Lemur? since Lemurs are not in the US Forests.

The only explanation i have seen is well maybe some lemur got loose.

Assuming that the lemur results are real lemur, I think the simplest explanation is that someone decided to send some in as either a joke or a test. I think there was a discussion much earlier in the thread about sending in a sample from a ridiculous species and seeing what Ketchum did with the results. Maybe someone followed through?

Assuming that the lemur results are real lemur, I think the simplest explanation is that someone decided to send some in as either a joke or a test. I think there was a discussion much earlier in the thread about sending in a sample from a ridiculous species and seeing what Ketchum did with the results. Maybe someone followed through?

How did it get into all the samples ?

many samples were screened and 111 made it in the study

Edited by zigoapex

Wow so how did these people get a hold of Lemur hair? yea I can go out in the woods and pluck out Lemur hair.

Seriously thats your reasoning all the samples were from a Lemur that is only in the US at zoos? Guess thats a great conspiracy theory.

How did it get into all the samples ?

many samples were screened and 111 made it in the study

I thought it was only found in a few samples, did she say it was in all of them?

Wow so how did these people get a hold of Lemur hair? yea I can go out in the woods and pluck out Lemur hair.

Seriously thats your reasoning all the samples were from a Lemur that is only in the US at zoos? Guess thats a great conspiracy theory.

There are quite a few lemur research centers out there - Duke alone has something like 500 lemurs on its campus. There's another big one down in Florida, and quite a few smaller ones. It wouldn't be that hard for a researcher or grad student to pull a few lemur hairs and send them in as a prank.

Edited by leisureclass

so your saying scientific fraud was possibly commited by other researchers?

Oh wait its was a JOKE

But it would be Fraud since Melba paid the labs for the work and they purposly tried to contaminate her testing right?

Thats like people saying yea we have Lemurs that escaped and running around the woods in North America.

Errr, no. The side proposing the existence of a species bears the burden of proof. But, at least you acknowledge that anecdotal sightings aren't proof.

Well, actually, no. Cynicism and denial are inherently human ills; and they infect even science, a virtually perfect discipline otherwise.

Science - the discipline - may require proof before paradigms are overturned. But in no way is it required for only one side in a scientific debate to come up with evidence for its contention. The bigfoot skeptics don't have to prove a negative. They have to prove a false positive - that all of this evidence is in fact evidence of something else. They have come nowhere close to beginning to do that. If there is no evidence that that false positive is happening, than the positive is what is probably happening.

(Hoaxes identified mean nothing. Eyewitnesses don't describe what one sees on YouTube.)

When the pros are this far ahead of the cons, this far into the game, the prima facie case has been made for full-time scientific involvement in resolving the issue.

To continue to claim that one needs do nothing but ridicule until proof is obtained is conduct unbecoming science. But, unfortunately, it's not beneath scientists.

So Scott C's hairs and stuff he pulled happen to be Lemur hair. Someone ran up to his tape traps in the woods and replaced it with Lemur hair. Knowing that he would be sending the hair to Melba for the DNA study?

Guest njjohn

It could use more cheesecake. If Melba had only said we had a hybridization with cheesecake, I'd be out in the woods day and night with a knife and paper plates.

I thought it was only found in a few samples, did she say it was in all of them?

It was the Nucular DNA of the samples that were in the study

she didn't say it's from a lemur but was leaning more towards a lemur and not an ape. she was surprised to learn about an extinct lemur that weighed around 400 to 500 lbs, had opposable thumbs and a hooded nose. She never claimed to know what the male progenitor is, just that the hybridization happened around 15,000 years ago, give or take.

Edited by zigoapex

It could use more cheesecake. If Melba had only said we had a hybridization with cheesecake, I'd be out in the woods day and night with a knife and paper plates.

That would explain why no one's ever brought a body back.

BFF Patron

She did say novel!

And she was right, the combined two threads together read like a novel! :startle: