Rick Dyer Again (Continued)

Guest Admin

This witness was there and heard shots...so take your pick.

Okay, either Dyer is lying about this being the location of the shooting (which he AGAIN denied on his website when he posted this video) or the homeless person who gave the interview is lying about hearing the gunshots.... It can't be both. In fact the title of the blog Dyer posted with this video is:

"A very good attempt to find the bigfoot kill site location!"

C'mon people..

Edited by Melissa

A report from a .30-.06 will carry a LOT farther than 1/2 a mile. Sure the tress, temperature and air pressure and such will affect the carry of the sound waves, but it's still gonna be a LONG way down the road that it will be CLEARLY heard. Even a .22 will be heard at 1/2 a mile, I know because I used to have a private gun range that I used to shoot thousands of rounds of .22 every month and it was right next to a major highway. I went out and tested how far it could be heard and I was 1/2 a mile away and could EASILY hear it.

I can't understand why Minnow Films wouldn't want to tout the fact that they had the MOST IMPORTANT BIOLOGICAL FOOTAGE IN HISTORY recorded with their cameras in HD glory and would be in their upcoming movie. That would guarantee that they would have more BUZZ and Publicity about their small, independent movie than they would ever be able to buy. It would also guarantee that every festival in the world would be BEGGING them to come and show it as well as a literal bidding war erupting between all the cable outlets that would want to show it. The director would become a very hot commodity very quickly and would not be directing low budget, bare bones "documentaries" for very long. Why would they want to keep it under wraps for all this time only to unveil it at a festival? That wouldn't get much buzz, as opposed to what it would get it they came out and said "hey everyone our new film is going to make history, we've got on film something that people have been arguing about for over 50 years and science is going to have to redo their thinking and textbooks. Our movie and the body we have as a result will make scientific history. I can't wait for everyone to see it and until that time I am picking 3 independent journalists and 3 unaffiliated scientists to come and see the footage and the body we have." That would create a buzz and level of excitement that you wouldn't believe. It would be on the lips of everyone the next morning at the water cooler.

That's what you would do if you had the goods. Ask yourself if you were the producer or director and had HD footage of a LIVE SASSY coming into a hobo camp and then eating a slab of ribs nailed to a tree and then footage of it being shot and killed AND then you have footage of the body and an autopsy taking place...what would you do or how would you promote it? You **** sure wouldn't keep everything under wraps and refuse to comment on anything. Doesn't make sense to me.

I also enjoy seeing the mental gymnastics you believers go through trying to believe all the directions and changes this story has had. Baffling, but interesting at the same time.

Nalajr

Interesting comment. But I beg to argue your statement and facts, with facts of my own... concerning one of many occurrences in my life in 60 years of hunting and hearing guns pop around me.

I can "nearly" always tell you which stand does the shooting. Nearly .... but not when the shot is away from me, the wind blowing, raining, heavy atmosphere etc.. or when I am in a building, or in a car.. or zonked out taking a nap in a tent.... or a pillow over my head... You know those less than perfect conditions.

So that "nearly" means in nearly pristine conditions.

My 2 grandsons, their father and I were hunting the 28th of Nov... All within a one square mile area.. The furthest apart any one of us were from each other was 600 yards. Measured on google BTW.

Tristan ( my grandson ) shot a deer at 7:45 that morning... One of the 3 other hunters in that 1 mile track heard the report of his 30-06.... Two did not.

We were in a heavily forested, thick area, with the trees still green and full of leaves.. Thick underbrush...

My hearing is suspect at best, ( but not when it comes to guns ) my other Grandson has exceptional hearing... ( Could hear a gnat poot at 20 yards type). Anyway, Tris was shooting ( a 11 point BTW ) downhill away from 2 of us during a windy day with clouds at treetop level. We were in elevated, open air stands, and one of us was on the ground, the SHOOTER..........

Now back to the point of the RD gunshot...

I defy anyone ( in a Home Depot or in a moving car on the interstate ) hearing a gunshot... I also know that described homeless person was not hearing in pristine conditions as described here. Besides he may have been outside the area looking for food etc.

Not defending anyone or agreeing .... just the Facts from many years....

I still think this is a HOAX... Hope I am wrong... Not wrong about hearing gunshots in the woods tho .....

If the tract that Racerx posted and Cisco and the unidentified poster of the video posted on this thread is as described on the google earth pic and by Cisco, which it is, then a gunshot of any caliber could an would be heard no matter where it was fired on the tract and no matter where the listener was on the tract. Going back through the statements of Mr. Dyer concerning the location of the kill site from just my memory as I dont think the video links are all there anymore, I think the tract of the video and Ciscos' trip is likely the only place that Mr. Dyer and the film crew made camp. I can't prove this of course, and much of the contradicting statements have been removed coincidentially, but if I remember right, he would say different places as questions of the logicality of some of his prior statements about the location was question here on this very thread......

Ronn1

No - that's not what I am saying...

Okay - this "homeless guy" says he heard shots fired while Dyer was on this property. Dyer has stated emphatically - he did not shoot his bigfoot on this property - he also has stated he was only on the property with the homeless people for a few hours... The homeless guy says he was there for about a week (give or take a day or two).

Dyer said where he shot the bigfoot was approximately 10 miles from the location of where the homeless camp is...

SO - there is an enormous discrepancy with these two statements. Either this homeless guy is right - and this is the location of the shooting - OR Dyer is lying about where the shooting took place. Granted I would not want to give up a location either - but I think its pretty clear this all went down - behind the Home Depot in San Antonio.

Even if the homeless guy is right and shots were fired - how does anyone know it was Dyer that shot the weapon - and it was a, bigfoot, whomever was shooting at?

Edited by Melissa

Guest DantheMan

Perhaps he simply means the other witnesses didn't hear the shots, which I could buy depending on a lot of unknown variables.

That being said, my own personal hunting experiences with a 30.06 tells me, in a generally flat ground area, any and all homeless campers in the vicinity could not have NOT heard multiple shots, unless they were passed out...there would have likely been a call to LE.

Interesting comment. But I beg to argue your statement and facts, with facts of my own... concerning one of many occurrences in my life in 60 years of hunting and hearing guns pop around me.

I can "nearly" always tell you which stand does the shooting. Nearly .... but not when the shot is away from me, the wind blowing, raining, heavy atmosphere etc.. or when I am in a building, or in a car.. or zonked out taking a nap in a tent.... or a pillow over my head... You know those less than perfect conditions.

So that "nearly" means in nearly pristine conditions.

My 2 grandsons, their father and I were hunting the 28th of Nov... All within a one square mile area.. The furthest apart any one of us were from each other was 600 yards. Measured on google BTW.

Tristan ( my grandson ) shot a deer at 7:45 that morning... One of the 3 other hunters in that 1 mile track heard the report of his 30-06.... Two did not.

We were in a heavily forested, thick area, with the trees still green and full of leaves.. Thick underbrush...

My hearing is suspect at best, ( but not when it comes to guns ) my other Grandson has exceptional hearing... ( Could hear a gnat poot at 20 yards type). Anyway, Tris was shooting ( a 11 point BTW ) downhill away from 2 of us during a windy day with clouds at treetop level. We were in elevated, open air stands, and one of us was on the ground, the SHOOTER..........

Now back to the point of the RD gunshot...

I defy anyone ( in a Home Depot or in a moving car on the interstate ) hearing a gunshot... I also know that described homeless person was not hearing in pristine conditions as described here. Besides he may have been outside the area looking for food etc.

Not defending anyone or agreeing .... just the Facts from many years....

I still think this is a HOAX... Hope I am wrong... Not wrong about hearing gunshots in the woods tho .....

Couldnt agree with you more about gun shots and how the sound carries or lack of carry, I have been hunting for over thirty years and even in open country like CO UT I have had hunters in our group shoot in close proximity to me and never heard the shot. All kinds of factor enter into how far the sound of a gun shot will carry we could probably have a 50 pg thread on it..........that said its still a hoax

Of course non of the matters ....RD didnt kill a bigfoot

Edited by adam2323

Dyer said where he shot the bigfoot was approximately 10 miles from the location of where the homeless camp is...

SO - there is an enormous discrepancy with these two statements. Either this homeless guy is right - and this is the location of the shooting - OR Dyer is lying about where the shooting took place. Granted I would not want to give up a location either - but I think its pretty clear this all went down - behind the Home Depot in San Antonio.

Even if the homeless guy is right and shots were fired - how does anyone know it was Dyer that shot the weapon - and it was a, bigfoot, whomever was shooting at?

Shots were heard while Dyer was in the area that he occupied at the time. We don't *know* where Dyer supposedly shot the BF...it's speculation at this point.

Okay so your willing to believe the homeless guy that Dyer was in the area - but not for a week (give or take a day or two)

But your right we don't know that he shot a bigfoot.. But, I am betting he didnt leave this area.

This is all still about the hoax ? $$$$$$$$$$ A side effect might be Its also about splitting researchers up in my opinion... causing a bigger rift in the ranks. Anyone associated with the guy & Tommy B.. good luck. I dont think they are caring people... and will say whatever they can to promote the cause they need.. whatever that is deemed with prior business dealings. I hope you took the time to listen to the musky interview. Pardon the uncoordinated comment .. regarding the direction of the conversation. My only entry.

Edited by treeknocker

Just checking in...... Hey, Ronn -- interesting find, that FB comment from the poster who knows Musky Allen.

ScienceCritic and Adam -- also very interesting information about gun shots and how easy and/or difficult they can be to hear.

Jacki and V -- Hi. You gals have my heart. :giveheart: