Where Would You Look If You Were Hunting Sassy?

Guest Nalajr

Okefenokee Swamp, if I were still living in Georgia. I remember growing up listening to stories about it. It would house a Bigfoot, easily. Otherwise I'd go to the blue mountains, maybe.

10 miles south of the Klamath River, 1 mile inland in Northern California. Also 3-4 nww of Gasquet, California.

I agree about that general area. I would travel out the G-O Road/ Eyesse Road to the end. Hike the Blue Creek headwaters or the other side into the Dillon Creek headwaters. Maybe start out the trailhead at Elk Valley and up and over the Bear Wallow Area towards the Gasquet Side. Big deep country out there with dense canopy and abundant water.

SSR Team

NorCal is sooooo 40 years ago...;)

Man you're right about the GO road. Hiking the head waters of Blue creek you almost expect to see one..lol. Maybe it's the history there, but it really feels......Squatchy. Sorry, I hate the word but in this case it fits.

DR

Guest Nalajr

Since I am in the Houston area I would like to know more about the PINEY WOODS area. Unfortunately I can't find anyone that has any knowledge or experience in that area. I'd like to go hog hunting with my bow in that area and while I'm there look for SASSY info. That's how I think it would be the most fun. SASSY's gotta like pigs too. Maybe he'd see me stalking his favorite grub and show himself to chase me out of the area. It would work as I would be LONG GONE as quick as I could or I would take out my pistol that I carry and stand my ground and try to make this decades long quest moot.

Oh well. That's my thoughts anyway.

Nalajr

British columbia or Warshington

I agree. For the heck of it, I googled it, and found this

"According to the Bigfoot Field Researchers Organization, Pierce County has the most reported bigfoot sightings in Washington, with 63 as of August 2012. Skamania County, home of Mt. St. Helens, has the 2nd-most reported sightings with 53.

And, if you're wondering what states have the most reported bigfoot sightings, Washington is #1 on the list. According to the BFRO, as of August 2012, Washington has had 534 reported sightings. California is 2nd with 426 and, oddly enough, Ohio is 3rd with 228. Oregon is right behind with 227."

And those are the reported ones. I have several Class B's that I don't haven't reported to anyone except a few local researchers and the BFF here. I could add five more Class B's to the Oregon numbers all by myself. I think reports are the tip of the iceberg. Go where you get a few reported hits and I betcha there are more! I'd also look historically... where repeat reports are over a great deal of time. I can't wait for summer :)

Edited by madison5716

What does it take to have a sighting? It takes a Squatch of course........but it also takes a human.

Places like Washington and California have lots of PEOPLE........that does not mean they are Squatch central.

SE Alaska, Coastal BC, the Inland Temperate Rainforest......... there are lots of places that are great habitat that do not get visited by humans very often.......no people? No sighting.

I do not like most coastal areas because there are too many people, especially for a pro kill proponent like myself.

I hope all ready DR's post earlier regarding how to make contact. That is the absolute key IMHO to this. Be normal doing your normal routine. They will come to you if they think you are no threat. SPOT on and absolutely true! This is the key to what I have learned over the past couple of years.

KB

Now, in order to establish contact, IMHO, you would then insert yourself into that habitat and stay there in a non- threatening way. You would set up camp and go about your business of eating, sleeping and surviving. It would be smart to do the same things every day, in the same manor. Then you become predictable. When you become predictable then you're less of a threat. Once they are satisfied with your presence and your predictability...they will come to you.

You don't need fancy gadgets for this, or a million dollars, just a serious passion for the research and the appropriate amount of time to devote to it..and much patience.

DR

This has been a n interesting thread. I used old sightings reports and picked an area I was familiar with and felt comfortable in. Surprising how many places have a history and easily discovered online.

For this summer though I am trying something different. I have settled on several locations not based on sightings (there are none) and this time I won't make any attempt to acknowledge them or any signs (although i will be surveying, etc and using what stealth I can) for as long as I can hold off. The first three nights anyway!

I am more interested this round of discovering if they observe us in almost any remote known campsite...without prompting... that is step one. After that...ha, got to get there first.......but I am looking forward to all this amazing new territory to explore...(in NorCal now) and a different approach with new BFs...

Will it work? Have no idea, which is why I am trying... .if it fails, then I will try to attract or interact and if that fails, I 'll go to a place with recent sightings! It should be a great summer all around.

Edited by apehuman