Where Would You Look If You Were Hunting Sassy?

Guest Nalajr

I hope all ready DR's post earlier regarding how to make contact. That is the absolute key IMHO to this. Be normal doing your normal routine. They will come to you if they think you are no threat. SPOT on and absolutely true! This is the key to what I have learned over the past couple of years.

KB

Now, in order to establish contact, IMHO, you would then insert yourself into that habitat and stay there in a non- threatening way. You would set up camp and go about your business of eating, sleeping and surviving. It would be smart to do the same things every day, in the same manor. Then you become predictable. When you become predictable then you're less of a threat. Once they are satisfied with your presence and your predictability...they will come to you.

You don't need fancy gadgets for this, or a million dollars, just a serious passion for the research and the appropriate amount of time to devote to it..and much patience.

DR

This is why raccoons raid garbage cans; why coyotes ****** [GUESS WHICH WORD HE USED FOR 'TAKE'] chickens; why bears enter dumpsters; etc. When the human presence has been innocuous for long enough, fear gives way to curiosity. Worked for Jane Goodall. Seems to be working for NAWAC.

Edited by DWA

Guest JiggyPotamus

That is the exact forest where I had my sighting. It's funny because most people in the vicinity do not seem to realize what is right under their noses. If I had quite a bit of funds to use for a search, here is what I would do, which I mentioned in another thread about 30 minutes ago. I would hire a few hundred people, maybe more, and do a line walk/grid search type thing, arming everyone with videocameras. I would first cast a social net among local researchers, attempting to pinpoint activity that occurred no longer than the previous day, and then I would scout the area and decide where a large search would best be conducted.

And then I would put people about 10 feet apart, arranging them in a circle or a square, each group approaching from outside the search area. It would be a very quick and precise entrance, establishing a perimeter as quickly and efficiently as possible. The number of people will of course be proportional to the perimeter of the area to be searched. As the groups move inward however, the distance between each individual will be reduced as well. As this happens, some people could fall back and focus solely on watching the trees. Or, a second, smaller group could follow the main group very closely, focusing solely on the canopy, while those in front watch the ground. Something difficult would be getting the entire perimeter to halt when something needs to be checked out, and then getting everyone to start again. 2 way radios should get the job done though.

There could even be smaller groups not part of the perimeter ring who are tasked with moving ahead to check out possible sightings. I think that if there are sasquatch within the search area, this method would allow for some video evidence. Multiple people should get evidence from multiple angles. Now this is just for getting video evidence. Trying to catch a sasquatch may not be as easily accomplished in this manner. I also mentioned in that other thread that any sasquatch inside the search area who realized there was no escape route will probably climb a tree. Gorillas do it all the time, even to escape poachers. Even very large gorillas who would otherwise not climb a tree, although some large ones still sleep in low branches at times.

I've got a question about NorCal....What is the terrain/habitat like? I've only driven through there on I-5. I love the Shasta area, and am thinking of taking a road trip with my kids and do some camping down there this summer. Maybe hit the Redwoods and Mike Rugg's museum too.

Pac NW- If you have never been to the redwoods--go, it is a remarkably beautiful area. BTW not all of N. Cal. is native old growth redwoods, mostly close if not on the coast. My favorite place to camp is Prairre Creek State Park half way between the Klamath River and Orick. Camp there and do the easy 4 1/2 mile hike to the coast where the trail comes out at Fern Canyon, one of Calif. most beautiful spots. Got little kids? The park has a big fireplace areana where they do puppet shows and veriety sort of stuff. Further inland it is an hour and a half drive to Willow Creek and the Bigfoot Museumn. Call ahead for reservations for campsites at the park. Have a wonderfull vacation.

This is looking down into Blue Creek Drainage.

This is the end of the "Go Road", near the head waters of Blue creek and Turtle Rock

post-533-0-31532800-1365089357_thumb.jpg

post-533-0-87311200-1365089525_thumb.jpg

I've got a question about NorCal....What is the terrain/habitat like? I've only driven through there on I-5. I love the Shasta area, and am thinking of taking a road trip with my kids and do some camping down there this summer. Maybe hit the Redwoods and Mike Rugg's museum too.

you live in it. youll find some trees and plants that are unfamiliar to you but its one continous forest from n cali to your door step.

its funny i was watching monsters and mysteries ( great job derek!) and there is just a forest mountain shot presumably of dereks camping trip when he was young. i immediately recognized it as east of cascade divide forest because i saw ponderosa or "bull" pine in the shot.:)

when driving home from the oil fields of n dakota i feel home just east of missoula because i start encountering western larch trees there.

its fun to observe how a forest changes as u travel from home.

Ya, their version of the event wasn't exactly accurate. Funny how that happens..lol. There were three of us, and it was a really steep ridge. There was no fire, we'd just got there and were just taking off our backpacks when the rocks started coming. It was a little over dramatic as well. "barely escaped with his life" that was a little over the top. I never said that to them, but it did make it more dramatic.

Here's a couple pictures of Bluff Creek and what it looks like with Wally and Cliff.

Here's Wally walking down Bluff at the film site

post-533-0-34271200-1365093933_thumb.jpg

post-533-0-92033300-1365094046_thumb.jpg