The Existance Of Bigfoot: Is The Magical/paranormal/spiritual/supernatural Really Necessary?

Guest LarryP
Also, link it or it didn't happen.

Pardon?

I have learned a lot since elementary school, obviously. I still love physics and while I may not be a physicist I have a better understanding of it than your average layman. I even understand enough about quantum physics to know that it's a current buzzword amongst people who promote supernatural claims, and still doesn't permit the existence of the supernatural.

Are you familiar with quantum entaglement?

Pardon?

That's paraphrasing the adage "Pictures or it didn't happen", because you are making a positive claim so it's up to you to back it up.

Or the negative claim reigns supreme.

I only have a passing familiarity with quantum entanglement, from I understand it's what may provide the basis for teleportation technology. Why?

So they're dolphins then? Because dolphins are reasonably intelligent creatures and highly evolved and they don't seem to have this mythical "drive to kill all those less powerful than themselves" which I argue isn't something ingrained to humans either. But here's the thing about dolphins and, I suspect, Bigfoot: They ain't supernatural.

So Dolphins and Orcas don't attack and kill Sharks then? Or fish, seals, etc?

Self-defense and hunting for food. Your objection is rendered invalid.

Wrong. Both at times will kill simply for sport. As will several species of other aquatic mammals and fish, cats, dogs, chimpanzees and god knows what else. My dachshunds kill squirrels for fun. They aren't threatened by them and they don't eat them. You succinctly declare Norsemans statements invalid based on incorrect assumptions, yet at the same time default to supernatural explanations for things that are likely perfectly natural occurrances.

From what I have seen most of the posters who support the paranormal explanations are the same folks who claim to regularly encounter BF, or even regularly interact with BF. If you quizzed them I would bet these same folks probably have all sorts of other non Bigfoot related paranormal experiences happen to them as well. Take from this what you will.

Edited by Irish73

Guest LarryP

Pardon?

That's paraphrasing the adage "Pictures or it didn't happen", because you are making a positive claim so it's up to you to back it up.

Or the negative claim reigns supreme.

I only have a passing familiarity with quantum entanglement, from I understand it's what may provide the basis for teleportation technology. Why?

Because Quantum Entanglement proves that the basic "Laws" of Classical Physics are wrong. Much like the Bell Inequality.

So they're dolphins then? Because dolphins are reasonably intelligent creatures and highly evolved and they don't seem to have this mythical "drive to kill all those less powerful than themselves" which I argue isn't something ingrained to humans either. But here's the thing about dolphins and, I suspect, Bigfoot: They ain't supernatural.

So Dolphins and Orcas don't attack and kill Sharks then? Or fish, seals, etc?

Self-defense and hunting for food. Your objection is rendered invalid.

Wrong. Both at times will kill simply for sport. As will several species of other aquatic mammals and fish, cats, dogs, chimpanzees and god knows what else. My dachshunds kill squirrels for fun. They aren't threatened by them and they don't eat them. You succinctly declare Norsemans statements invalid based on incorrect assumptions, yet at the same time default to supernatural explanations for things that are likely perfectly natural occurrances.

From what I have seen most of the posters who support the paranormal explanations are the same folks who claim to regularly encounter BF, or even regularly interact with BF. If you quizzed them I would bet these same folks probably have all sorts of other non Bigfoot related paranormal experiences happen to them as well. Take from this what you will.

I was thinking the same thing.

Because Quantum Entanglement proves that the basic "Laws" of Classical Physics are wrong. Much like the Bell Inequality.

Actually, no. It does not prove that the basic laws of classical physics wrong, only that they are not always applicable. Oddly enough it also debunks woo pushers wrong when they try to use it to support their 'theories'.

Plussed Irish!

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57461859/adult-chimpanzee-kills-baby-chimp-in-front-of-shocked-los-angeles-zoo-visitors/

Los Angeles Zoo visitors were scared and shocked to witness a 3-month-old chimpanzee mauled to death by an adult male chimp Tuesday.

Witnesses told CBS Los Angeles that about 100 or so people saw the tragedy, some so horrified they had to leave the zoo. Others were so enthralled that they captured parts of the incident on their cell phone cameras.

"Chimpanzee behavior can sometimes be aggressive and violent and the zoo is sorry that visitors had to be exposed to this," the facility said in a statement.

I realize that they are not Dolphins...........just our closest genetic relatives on the planet.

But Sasquatch of course get's a free pass evidently because too many people get there Biology majors from the Disney channel.

Plussed Irish!

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57461859/adult-chimpanzee-kills-baby-chimp-in-front-of-shocked-los-angeles-zoo-visitors/

Los Angeles Zoo visitors were scared and shocked to witness a 3-month-old chimpanzee mauled to death by an adult male chimp Tuesday.

Witnesses told CBS Los Angeles that about 100 or so people saw the tragedy, some so horrified they had to leave the zoo. Others were so enthralled that they captured parts of the incident on their cell phone cameras.

"Chimpanzee behavior can sometimes be aggressive and violent and the zoo is sorry that visitors had to be exposed to this," the facility said in a statement.

I realize that they are not Dolphins...........just our closest genetic relatives on the planet.

But Sasquatch of course get's a free pass evidently because too many people get there Biology majors from the Disney channel.

Thanks for providing that. Also sorry if I offended you in some way earlier.

I'm just sick and tired of people claiming humans of being barbaric savages as if all are. That's not even most human beings, and I'm sure that Bigfoot are every bit as violent as humans can be. Why else are there reports of witnesses being fearful for their lives or claims of aggressive Bigfoot?

The "supernatural/paranormal stuff" comes from an small number of claimed eyewitnesses' experiences.

I would have to say "not that small." Many of the research groups that publish reports "sterilize" the reports to remove such components from them because they're trying to put forward an artificially respectable image. This is unfortunate because it discourages people who have had experiences with inexplicable components from coming forward to share those. It's a positive feedback mechanism which leads to an incorrect overall impression of the frequency of such components in reports. Or, said another way, it becomes a self-fulfilling misrepresentation.

MIB

How is it in your hypothesis that Sasquatch has some how evolved past that? The strong dominate the weak, because of a strong survival instinct in allocating resources for it's offspring.

You miss a possibility. I don't know how seriously I take it, but for "completeness", for the purpose of covering all the angles, I have to consider the unsettling possibility they're so far beyond us we are not competition, at best we're a form of wild animal they are managing and we're not sophisticated enough to realize it.

MIB

Edited by MIB

I would have to say "not that small." Many of the research groups that publish reports "sterilize" the reports to remove such components from them because they're trying to put forward an artificially respectable image. This is unfortunate because it discourages people who have had experiences with inexplicable components from coming forward to share those. It's a positive feedback mechanism which leads to an incorrect overall impression of the frequency of such components in reports. Or, said another way, it becomes a self-fulfilling misrepresentation.

MIB

I've watched it happen first-hand for over 20 years.

How is it in your hypothesis that Sasquatch has some how evolved past that? The strong dominate the weak, because of a strong survival instinct in allocating resources for it's offspring.

You miss a possibility. I don't know how seriously I take it, but for "completeness", for the purpose of covering all the angles, I have to consider the unsettling possibility they're so far beyond us we are not competition, at best we're a form of wild animal they are managing and we're not sophisticated enough to realize it.

MIB

Agreed...on the possibilities

and Agreed

VVV

Not unlike other such twisting of the facts in other scientifically pigeon holed agendas.

Edited by ThePhaige

Guest LarryP

Actually, no. It does not prove that the basic laws of classical physics wrong, only that they are not always applicable. Oddly enough it also debunks woo pushers wrong when they try to use it to support their 'theories'.

Are you sure you want to stick with that?

Hint: "Faster than the speed of light".

This is no longer "woo". It is scientific fact. So you might want to brush up on your physics.

And the only thing that reigns supreme is experience.

SSR Team

Thanks for providing that. Also sorry if I offended you in some way earlier.

I'm just sick and tired of people claiming humans of being barbaric savages as if all are. That's not even most human beings, and I'm sure that Bigfoot are every bit as violent as humans can be. Why else are there reports of witnesses being fearful for their lives or claims of aggressive Bigfoot?

I'll strongly disagree.

I have lived in SE Asia for the past nearly 9 years and I have seen things that you simply would not believe in terms of savagery, and a lot of it for no apparent real reason, not enough to justify the savagery in the mind of a civilised person anyway, IE me.

Add Africa, add China, add India, add the Middle East, extreme barbarism throughout.

Given that North America ( excluding Mexico, gulp ) and Western Europe, which is thought to be the most " advanced " and " civilized " parts of the planet, make up around only 10% of the planet's population and given the fact that a HUGE % of that remaining 90% is in fact third world, to say that the majority of people on the planet were not barbaric is way, way off.

Where Sasquatches are concerned, its all about numbers ad a lot of the numbers we have no chance of knowing.

There are decent points to be made for both sides of the coin.

There are hundreds/thousands of people that have disappeared in the forests of North America with little to no trace.

Could that be Sasquatch related ? Of course it could

Is it Sasquatch related ? We don't know, publicly anyway.

Have there been Sasquatch reports where they are said to be violent and aggressive ? Yes there is.

Have there been reports that say they are so aggressive and violent that they have killed either Humans or other Sasquatches ? Well there are reports, but no actual proof of it and I personally doubt anyone would live to tell the tale of course anyway.