The Existance Of Bigfoot: Is The Magical/paranormal/spiritual/supernatural Really Necessary?

For the sake of argument, how 'bout 'cause he's an intergalactic nudist on vacation? :o

MIB

Now I don't care who you are that's just funny right there :)

I agree. And now that MIB has posted here I'm suddenly reminded of a screen from the first MIB movie where J meets the talking pug.

Edited by Leftfoot

The part that begins to crumble apart in my mind is why would a intergalactic being park his space craft and live in the wild like an animal?

For the sake of argument, how 'bout 'cause he's an intergalactic nudist on vacation? :o

Truth is, you don't know, I don't know, but us not having the answer does not preclude its existence. How many ideas have we had about anything so far? N. How many have been proven wrong so far? N-1. So what are the odds that all of our ideas today are the final answers? I think we'd be ahead to assume what we believe today is the best we've got but it is is also probably going to be superseded by a better refinement tomorrow and that even that will fall eventually as our understanding grows.

MIB

have you ever seen me in a swimming suit? if i took it off u would hardly notice! :) talk about an exercise in futility........furry creature at nudist colony!

the bottom line is is that while we do not have all of the answers we can still use logic and reasoning to try to piece the puzzle together.

i say squatch cannot start a fire simply because he doesnt know how to. if he could? he would! its the kiss principle no need for alien starships, squatch mother earth sects or alternate dimensions.

peace.....out

Okay, I think this thread has gotten way off track with the debate about whether or not the paranormal actually exists. I submit that it's probably my fault we went off on that tangent.

So we still have the core question, is the paranormal really necessary to explain Bigfoot? I still stand by my original opinion that it isn't in the least, even if the paranormal was to exist at all. What part about Bigfoot can't be explained rationally?

Guest LarryP

Okay, I think this thread has gotten way off track with the debate about whether or not the paranormal actually exists. I submit that it's probably my fault we went off on that tangent.

So we still have the core question, is the paranormal really necessary to explain Bigfoot? I still stand by my original opinion that it isn't in the least, even if the paranormal was to exist at all. What part about Bigfoot can't be explained rationally?

Since you've made it very clear that your personal version of reality consists of nothing more than what your senses reveal, there's always going to be a heck of a lot things about BF that you'll never be able to explain "rationally".

So the answer to your question is yes, understanding the paranormal aspects of BF is an essential element of understanding everything there is to know about BF.

Unless you just don't really want to know everything there is to know about BF........

Guest LarryP
Well I suppose as smart as they are they could just matrix the bullet I shoot..........bend time and space and make me shoot myself with my own bullet!!!!

Crafty devils!

To date they've proven to be a lot craftier than you and a whole bunch of other BF hunters.

So yeah, crafty is as crafty does.

Well I suppose as smart as they are they could just matrix the bullet I shoot..........bend time and space and make me shoot myself with my own bullet!!!!

Crafty devils!

To date they've proven to be a lot craftier than you and a whole bunch of other BF hunters.

yes and that has to do with their parked space craft of course and nothing to do with the fact that an oilfield job and a wife and four children gives me precious little time to go out in the first place.

its not like the us military is hunting this thing.......just a few guys with day jobs and mortgages.

Guest LarryP

Crafty devils!

yes and that has to do with their parked space craft of course and nothing to do with the fact that an oilfield job and a wife and four children gives me precious little time to go out in the first place.

its not like the us military is hunting this thing.......just a few guys with day jobs and mortgages.

I never said anything about ET's or space craft.

And it's been a lot more than just a few people over a period of many years.

That is not a coincidence.

Crafty devils!

I never said anything about ET's or space craft.

And it's been a lot more than just a few people over a period of many years.

That is not a coincidence.

well the et's had to teach them quantum entanglement of course! how else did they skip evolutionary steps g thru z!

look at bluff creek? 3 horses and 2 cowboys rode up on patty and surprised her.......they could have shot her.......instead they filmed her that day. i could go on and on

so what is your excuse for incidents like these?

was there too much cosmic radiation that day and the teleporter malfunctioned?

Simple answer? It is only necessary if you cannot dismiss all reports containing so-called "paranormal" elements.

Since you've made it very clear that your personal version of reality consists of nothing more than what your senses reveal, there's always going to be a heck of a lot things about BF that you'll never be able to explain "rationally".

First off, there are these little things called atoms which I have never seen, tasted, felt, smelt, or heard that I do accept as being real. So your post starts off with a false premise.

Second off, I must be willing to accept concepts that have a very consistent track record of being not true in order to rationally explain the actions of something that might be true? How does that logically follow?

So the answer to your question is yes, understanding the paranormal aspects of BF is an essential element of understanding everything there is to know about BF.

Perhaps you can help educate me here. What are these "paranormal aspects of Bigfoot", because in my mind there is nothing paranormal about them. Please provide specific examples.

Unless you just don't really want to know everything there is to know about BF........

What am I a biologist?

Simple answer? It is only necessary if you cannot dismiss all reports containing so-called "paranormal" elements.

Can you please provide examples of some?

Guest LarryP

Perhaps you can help educate me here. What are these "paranormal aspects of Bigfoot", because in my mind there is nothing paranormal about them. Please provide specific examples.

You started a thread titled "The Existance Of Bigfoot: Is The Magical/paranormal/spiritual/supernatural Really Necessary?" and now you're asking for specific examples of same?!

That's more than a little disingenous.

I mean come on, that's right up there with invoking the "laws of physics" and then refusing to clarify which laws of physics.

LarryP, you are a bit confused on how "proof" works.

Can I ask your opinion on something? You have been very vocal in this thread about providing proof of negatives. More so with Leftfoot, but also with norseman. How would you go about proving a negative? The rest of us have not found a way to do so, but you keep asking as if it can be done. Can you enlighten us?

You started a thread titled "The Existance Of Bigfoot: Is The Magical/paranormal/spiritual/supernatural Really Necessary?" and now you're asking for specific examples of same?!

Yeah, because you came in here and said that the paranormal essential part of Bigfoot. Of course I'll ask "why?"

That's more than a little disingenous.

So asking for clarification in a thread that starts with a question is 'disingenous? Color me skeptical.

I mean come on, that's right up there with invoking the "laws of physics" and then refusing to clarify which laws of physics.

You still seem to be having difficulty understanding such a basic concept as burden of proof. It's up to you, as someone who has made a positive claim, to back up your statement. But I'm sincerely getting tired of repeating myself for the upteenth time and this discusion not moving forward, so I'll answer the question (even though that's shifting the burden of proof):

You made a claim upthread that quantum entanglement supports the paranormal. Apparently you don't quite understand why, but a basic understanding of quantum mechanics tells me that you are wrong. The Hisenberg Uncertainty Principle, for example, states that more closely one pins down one measurement (such as the position of a particle), the less precise another measurement pertaining to the same particle (such as its momentum) must become. This is why Newtonian, or what you call 'classical', physics start breaking down because they are determined by precise measurements.

Furthermore, quantum entanglement occurs when particles such as photons, electrons, molecules as large as buckyballs, and even small diamonds interact physically and then become separated; the type of interaction is such that each resulting member of a pair is properly described by the same quantum mechanical description (state), which is indefinite in terms of important factors such as position, momentum, spin, polarization, etc.

In basic parlence, it does not support your claim. In fact it debunks it, and quite soundly at that.

With it's random nature quantum mechanics can not support the paranormal. It's that simple.

LarryP, you are a bit confused on how "proof" works.

I know, right? It's not like I didn't describe how burden of proof works either. **Edit**

Can I ask your opinion on something? You have been very vocal in this thread about providing proof of negatives. More so with Leftfoot, but also with norseman. How would you go about proving a negative? The rest of us have not found a way to do so, but you keep asking as if it can be done. Can you enlighten us?

I asked that upthread. I still have not received an answer for it. I would like an answer to it.

Larry, stop shifting the burden of proof and man up. Provide evidence for your claims or retract them and admit you are wrong.

Edited by BigGinger
To Removed Offensive Content