Power Lines As Travel Routes

Guest bsruther

You must not be reading the Wallace stomper discussion. There's a contingent there that will prove those tracks were made by Wallace's original stompers.

Geez, now im really confused....

P, are you talking about the Ray Wallace discussion ???

And if so, what does that have to do with a friend of Efrum's, who found tracks in South Carolina ???

Can you explain ???

Thx, Art

And if so, what does that have to do with a friend of Efrum's, who found tracks in South Carolina ???

Can you explain ???

Thx, Art

He was being sarcastic.

As to the OP...understand that there are other mtn ranges other than the Rockies, even in the West. In the east we have the Castkills, Adirondacks, Appalacians, etc. In the Midwest we have the Ozarks and Kiamichis. In and around those mountains is plenty of wild/forested lands. And there's plenty of forested lands in between, ep in the SE.

Can you explain ???

Thx, Art

Art,

Mulder calls it correctly -- my post was pure sarcasm.

Pteronarcyd

Guest tracker

Mostly Eastern Tennessee and Eastern Kentucky and I fully understand that there is some densely forested land to be found. But there is a lot more land that is sporadically forested, east of the rockies, than not. If these creatures exist, throughout the lower 48, they must have a means of navigation, while avoiding detection. Before I heard or read anything about them possibly using power lines, I couldn't see any way they could inhabit such a large area, that was also densely populated with humans. Now that I'm aware of this theory, I can see how they could be found throughout the country.

Ok but lets not assume they migrated east from the west coast mts regions? And how would they do that without being seen? As i said I've run into a kind of proprietorship mindset on everything Bf's belongs or only happens in the west before. dry.gif

Anyways some other people may speak or qoute for regions that they researched. I usually only speak about areas that I have actually been to and left tracks. Coast to coast in Canada and northern USA states and some midwest ones. Others might want to check out maps of Ontario, Quebec, NY state etc and see how much rugged land and water is available to them just like in the west. :)

I believe they would follow power lines or at least walk at the edge as long as it was going their way. They seem to walk with a purpose or have a direction in mind, not alot of zig zagging or loops. Anyone else agree with that?

JMO tracker.

Guest tracker

Very interesting! Last Thursday a friend of mine I haven't seen in months (who used to chortle when I told him we get squatches up here sometimes) approached me with a look of confusion/shock. His first words were "I believe you now dude." and handed me his phone. I saw several photos of a line of eight very fresh tracks with five clearly defined toes. They were at least six inches longer than his size 13 boot, and over an inch deep in soil that he couldn't make a good dent in. (He's approx 280 lbs) The terrain before and after the track line was too rocky to show prints of any kind. He was on his grandfathers 400+ acres here in the upstate of South Carolina, Greenville County to be exact. The land is used by the family for hunting deer, bear, pig, turkey etc. He went thru the whole episode, "hair stood up on the back of my neck", "drew my sidearm and backed out of there" etc. He said "NO one goes that far back (5 miles from the nearest road) on my grandpa's land. Period." In fact it'd been almost a year since he or any family had been near this particular spot. When I asked how he gets up there, he told me he takes his 4-wheeler as far as he can, following the clearcut for the power lines and then hikes. The track line was found "just a few yards" into the tree line.

I've asked him to email the photos. He wants no part of his name mentioned, but gave me permission to post them and file an anonymous report with the BFRO. He doesn't plan on ever going back to that area, but said he'd ask his grandpa if I could camp there sometime, "at my own risk." As of now, I'm waiting on the photos.

Yea, thats how it goes, one at a time membership into the Bf' fan club. Seeing is believing :)

Here's good eg. of the scare factor using efrums friend. That guy packs in at 280 lbs had a weapon and seen some fresh tracks and retreated. I don't think people realize the scare factor involved when you get close or run into something thats much larger and stronger as well as being intelligent and possibly aggressive? You hope it's timid like most encounters but you never know?

JMO tracker. dry.gif

You must not be reading the Wallace stomper discussion. There's a contingent there that will prove those tracks were made by Wallace's original stompers.

SARCASM ALERT: (for clarification purposes)

Not to mention that even though he wasn't born yet, my 280 lb friend was indeed the man in the patty suit, and wants to clarify he was NOT in his sockfeet but was indeed barefoot. Maybe he knew H.G. Wells... :lol:

Thanks Pteronarcyd! That was hilarious!

Yea, thats how it goes, one at a time membership into the Bf' fan club. Seeing is believing :)

Here's good eg. of the scare factor using efrums friend. That guy packs in at 280 lbs had a weapon and seen some fresh tracks and retreated. I don't think people realize the scare factor involved when you get close or run into something thats much larger and stronger as well as being intelligent and possibly aggressive? You hope it's timid like most encounters but you never know?

JMO tracker. dry.gif

Hi Tracker! I intend to sit down with him over a couple of beers in the near future and ask about the fear factor. I'd like to know if he felt any sense of dread as in some of the infrasound claims. I'm not saying I subscribe to this theory, but in true Thom Powell fashion, I want to leave no stone unturned. He did specify the tracks looked very fresh, and I got the impression he felt whatever made them still had to be close by. Perhaps high emf frequencies from the powerlines enhanced his fear? Or maybe it was just good old fashioned "HOLY S#@T" fear from being alone and seeing those in such a remote area.

Guest tracker

Yea i am not sold yet on them being able to zap people, yet? Not running away will be the be one of the hardest challenges in your life if one does approach. I rate it up there with swimming with a shark near by or a big cat or a brown bear and your unarmed. Not many could stay calm under those conditions and not flee.

Hey here's a tip, don't dwell on the fear issue when talking to him. Even if it's a friend no one likes to recount being scared or feeling humiliated by their own actions because of something that's not suppost to exist. It's ok to be affraid of a grizzly but not a harmless Sasquatch.

JMO tracker. dry.gif

Guest shelley7950

Speaking of high emf frequencies around power lines.....

There are theories out there that some people, when exposed to high emf, experience a strong sense of "presence"....and not just presence, but "alien" presence...so that depending on one's background or personality tendencies, you might experience space aliens visiting and/or abducting you, ghosts haunting your house, angels checking in, or bigfoot living in your back yard. Maybe one reason for BF sightings along power lines? I dunno, but I'm just saying....

And no, I can't cite the studies, sorry....I saw a couple of TV shows and read a couple of articles, but can't remember authors or specifics...maybe someone else remembers?

Hey here's a tip, don't dwell on the fear issue when talking to him. Even if it's a friend no one likes to recount being scared or feeling humiliated by their own actions because of something that's not suppost to exist. It's ok to be affraid of a grizzly but not a harmless Sasquatch.

JMO tracker. dry.gif

Great advice Tracker! Never looked at it that way. After years of eye rolling from him I'm still wallowing in my own "told-you-so's" with him. I should ease up and let that topic come out if and when he's comfortable talking about it.

There are theories out there that some people, when exposed to high emf, experience a strong sense of "presence"....and not just presence, but "alien" presence...so that depending on one's background or personality tendencies, you might experience space aliens visiting and/or abducting you, ghosts haunting your house, angels checking in, or bigfoot living in your back yard. Maybe one reason for BF sightings along power lines? I dunno, but I'm just saying....

And no, I can't cite the studies, sorry....I saw a couple of TV shows and read a couple of articles, but can't remember authors or specifics...maybe someone else remembers?

Hi Shelly! I've heard that before as well, maybe on Ghost Hunters? If that's true, you could almost dismiss the whole thing, but fortunately the need for proof outweighed his fear long enough to snap off a few cameraphone pics.

Here you go, wiki link to the God Helmet studies. Unfortunately, they weren't able to replicate Persinger's results but there is some controversy about the frequencies used, so there you have it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/God_helmet

I should know better, but apparently not.

Regarding the Woo-woo factor attached to BF sightings I went in a totally different direction, altho parallel to the high-frequency proposal. I delved into a rudimentary look at Particle Physics. The String Theory was interesting. The more got into it, and listened to the arguements about Time-Distance-Matter maybe not being quite as Linear and fixed, as we were lead to believe. Well, OK , that's a new thought there. So I read more about the Fermi Lab, and the New Scientist with Cern in the works....Now I'm curious.

The Smart folks will argue and work on all that. I found a way to place BF oddities into a plausable context for me. JMO

The high frequency thing looks good.btw.

Guest tracker

Great advice Tracker! Never looked at it that way. After years of eye rolling from him I'm still wallowing in my own "told-you-so's" with him. I should ease up and let that topic come out if and when he's comfortable talking about it.

Yea i know it's hard to resist razzing a buddy that has it coming. Wait until he jokes about it first. Maybe get a small group together and go track it . Use horses if you got them? They confuse our scent and hide our noise and they will smell and see one before you do. The draw back is they might bolt out of fear.

JMO tracker dry.gif

Efrum Nice going with your friend :) Great to hear another one bit the dust regarding track observation :) and joining the ranks. Best of luck in a potential adventure.