Power Lines As Travel Routes

Guest bsruther

Sorry bsruther but thats a common misunderstanding from west coasters. They do exist outside of the Rockies or Cascades. Actually i would say it may be even easier for them to live here than in the west. Warmer shorter winters more waterways smaller mts with plenty of cover etc. Where have you hiked in the east, middle or south to support your opinion?

I think this is a misnomer. I drove truck for a living for a while and I can honestly say that the eastern forest are MUCH BIGGER, than western forests. No, no, not the timber itself, but the area that it covers.

When you drive from Seattle, Wa to Moses lake, Wa you have only driven 175 miles. But you have went from a virtual rain forest to a very dry desert. This website shows the diversity of Washington state very well:

http://www.lpl.arizona.edu/grad/fieldtrips/2002f-washington/

Giant mountain ranges cause giant rain shadows and very arid landscapes. Our forests are more like ribbons than the unbroken woodlands of the east.

I think part of the reason why this misnomer is is because most of our forests in the west are owned by the Federal government. Not all for sure.....but most of it is. So while in our forests, your not going to stumble upon a waffle house or a church's chicken. Because you got off of state land and walked into the back side of some private timber land.

Now concerning population, it is true that most of the west's population resides in urban areas along the coast. And even in the most rural parts of the SE US you cannot drive for 60 miles and see NOTHING. That is......not a gas station, not a pay phone, not a home. But this can very easily be accomplished in parts of the western US. But with that said, I was surprised at just how rural much of the east was......you would never guess it by looking at a map. All of those little bergs that are 10 miles apart are just that, very little bergs.

It does play hell on a truck driver though, it would seem I would leave one little berg, get the truck into 18th gear for about 30 seconds and then have to start down shifting all over again.

Guest bsruther

There are also green belts that continue on, for hundreds of miles, sometimes through heavily populated areas, there's one right in my back yard.

I probably should have been more specific in my original post. I guess the point I'm trying to make is that there have been a lot of reported sightings near urban, residential, and semi-rural farming areas. Before finding out about the power line theory, I figured that there was absolutely no way that a creature like this could be in those places.

There are also green belts that continue on, for hundreds of miles, sometimes through heavily populated areas, there's one right in my back yard.

I probably should have been more specific in my original post. I guess the point I'm trying to make is that there have been a lot of reported sightings near urban, residential, and semi-rural farming areas. Before finding out about the power line theory, I figured that there was absolutely no way that a creature like this could be in those places.

And I'm not saying they are there mind you.

I was just commenting on the fact that a eastern person looks at pictures of the redwoods in California and assumes that much of the west is covered in them.

Guest tracker

It doesn't take long for a creature that can walk or run as fast as a horse to cross an open area and get back into the forest. IMO the big guys don't spend much time above the tree line or in farmers fields. And we haven't hacked down all the forest in the east yet :) . And some people of the east don't realize once you reach the mt's of the west they continue right up to the sea.

JMO tracker. dry.gif

Power (high line) right aways , as well as rail road lines, make perfect sense to me as a potential travel corridor , for any wildlife moving through from one area to the next. I can't see why squatch, would be any exception. This would make for easier traveling, and could go undetected by humans, especially at night.

Last couple years, there were bears using the towpath and rail corridors to move from the southern suburbs , to the north in my area (metro Rottenchester)., and even ended up having one being treed , in one case..in the middle of the city (not far from the rail line;)). The DEC botched the rescue (with a big crowd on hand), and darted the young male bear high up in the tree. When it surcome and fell...it hit the waiting trampoline net. Only problem, is the DEC officers didn't have it high enough off the ground, and the bear hit the ground. Sad ending.

If... the couple BFRO reports from my area are actual incidents ( seems unlikely, but who knows? ), than the power line, rail, and towpath corridors...were an easy way through the metro, to the areas noted in the reports.

Guest Lesmore

I doubt very much if BF would use powerline cuts either as a migration trail or hunt around them.

Powerline cuts are maintained..... regularly.... by electrical utility, workers....they need to keep them clear of overgrowth.

Also in areas of Canada..powerline cuts are traveled over, regularly by small planes ...they use them as guides while flying over vast tracts of Boreal Forest.

They don't fly very high. I know, I've flown in bush planes over these areas.

Believe me, they would see any BF activity if there was BF around powerlines.

In fact when I think of it...I think the fact that as far as I know, BF hasn't been spotted around powerline cuts...is probably just another confirmation that BF does not exist.

Guest vilnoori

The best reason BF would hang around power cuts, like any other clearing in forest area, is because of food. Lots of berries, edible shrubs, and deer that browse on them.

Guest bsruther

The best reason BF would hang around power cuts, like any other clearing in forest area, is because of food. Lots of berries, edible shrubs, and deer that browse on them.

Yes, but power line cuts could also be used to extend their habitat.

This is the only thing I could come up with to illustrate.

smynm1.jpg

The power lines on this map, go through farmland, residential and wooded areas. I don't think that any one of these wooded areas alone would be able to support a creature, or creatures, of their size. But if they used the power line trails, they could combine all of the wooded areas, connected by those trails, to make a virtual forest, so to speak. I don't see any other way they could exist in semi-rural areas, where very many reports have been made.

I doubt very much if BF would use powerline cuts either as a migration trail or hunt around them.

Also in areas of Canada..powerline cuts are traveled over, regularly by small planes ...they use them as guides while flying over vast tracts of Boreal Forest.

In fact when I think of it...I think the fact that as far as I know, BF hasn't been spotted around powerline cuts...is probably just another confirmation that BF does not exist.

This.. is as false of a statement, as I have ever read here (and I've read plenty of them). This time, I have to say something.. and it is not meant to be personal; Les.

The elusive creature known as sasquatch, could not hear the little puddle jumper prop planes coming (probably for miles) , and duck back into the forest ? I know I could avoid them if walking on these pathways ...lol. Same for the utility workers that maintain the high line right aways.. what makes this any different than not normally (other than by accident) seeing the creature any other time, during daylight hours.?

Summary... I don't believe you, and it will give me great satisfaction, when the raw crow is finally eaten, after this creature is proven to exist. It is not a question of if it will happen...just a question of when;). Hope I'm still around to enjoy it.

Powerline cuts are maintained..... regularly.... by electrical utility, workers....they need to keep them clear of overgrowth.

So the theory is Bigfoot is deaf and stupid?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Deaf or hearing impaired; because we all know how quiet aircraft engines are?

Stupid: because they don't have the intelligence of deer or moose in utalizing Right-of-Ways, and Railways?

Now just because you are not aware of BF being spotted, does not automatically disprove BF's existance...it just means you are unaware of either all the data, or the data does not exist. It's a large assumption that in the history of utility right-of-ways and railways nobody ever has seen a BF using them. In fact there are indeed reports of BF's being seen by rail-workers. " Jacko" ringing a bell?

Lensmore I admire your kutzpa, knowing this was a "suicide" position to take.... ;)

Guest BFSleuth

Google "BFRO power line" and you get:

http://www.bfro.net/GDB/show_report.asp?id=15457

http://www.bfro.net/GDB/show_report.asp?id=26277

http://www.bfro.net/GDB/show_report.asp?id=18043

It really is a helpful way of doing at least one minute of research to look at evidence before taking the flat earth position.