Power Lines As Travel Routes

Guest bsruther

Guest tracker

We got thousands of bears, how many pics do we have of them following the powerlines at night? Or do we expect them to wave to us in broad daylight as we fly over in a noisy machine? Come on basic survival or hunting instincts avoid being seen.

IMO they don't use the power lines and only cut across them when needed. They may even wait for dark to risk doing this. They know its man made and were they only creatures they fear. Or rather that they fear our tech and numbers. Were small but we can kill or destroy anything, even a planet.

JMO tracker. dry.gif

Have y'all ever stood under those high tension lines that criss cross the U.S. landscape? They make your metal fillings vibrate ( if you are old enough to have metal fillings) if you spend any great length of time walking under one. I can see bigfoot staying to the side of the clear cut and following along in the forest cutting across when needed. There is still an ongoing controversy on the effects of EMF fields associated with high power tension lines. Who knows how it would affect a bigfoot since they can't decide if it has any affect on humans at all. However, if you look at wasps who build nests on these metal structures, their nests are all discombobulated and they fly like they are drunk.

http://www.straightdope.com/columns/read/2699/electrifying

Guest MetalMtnMan

We have a report from here in Arkansas in January 2010 of a BF walking along a powerline right of way:

http://www.alabamabigfoot.com/bigfoot/reports/RFPreport71.html

I been to this high line crossing where this sighting was and can verify the area is just as described.

There are a lot of areas like this in both bottomland and mountainous terrain here in our part of the South. Little towns all over with stretches of wilderness in between them. Also some places here you can drive for miles of highway thru National Forest and not see any houses or civilization. Plenty of places for the Old Man of the Woods to roam.

Edited by MetalMtnMan

Guest tracker

Yea on the sides like they do with logging roads, it makes for quick exits into cover. When i say use I don't believe they would plot a course or anything with them walking up the middle. The power cut lines are very exposed so it's kinda risky using them. JMO

Guest Lesmore

This.. is as false of a statement, as I have ever read here (and I've read plenty of them). This time, I have to say something.. and it is not meant to be personal; Les.

The elusive creature known as sasquatch, could not hear the little puddle jumper prop planes coming (probably for miles) , and duck back into the forest ? That's speculation, not supported by any evidence.I know I could avoid them if walking on these pathways ...lol. Same for the utility workers that maintain the high line right aways.. what makes this any different than not normally (other than by accident) seeing the creature any other time, during daylight hours.? Utility workers also spend a lot of time clearing rights of way...getting rid of bush, etc, growing around the structure.

Summary... I don't believe you, and it will give me great satisfaction, when the raw crow is finally eaten, after this creature is proven to exist. It is not a question of if it will happen...just a question of when;). Hope I'm still around to enjoy it.

You may not want to believe me and that's no surprise...but, there is no concrete evidence that BF exists.

Guest Lesmore

Google "BFRO power line" and you get:

http://www.bfro.net/GDB/show_report.asp?id=15457

http://www.bfro.net/GDB/show_report.asp?id=26277

http://www.bfro.net/GDB/show_report.asp?id=18043

It really is a helpful way of doing at least one minute of research to look at evidence before taking the flat earth position.This is an assumption. You don't know the total amount of research that I have done...for a fact do you ? Of course you don't. One has to be careful about confusing opinion for fact.

When reading any material, you need to be able to do so with an objective frame of mind and a modicum of critical thinking. I fear that some 'research' with a self fulfilling focus. They research already convinced that BF exists. One needs to be objective and be able to sift fact.

Guest Lesmore

We got thousands of bears, how many pics do we have of them following the powerlines at night? Or do we expect them to wave to us in broad daylight as we fly over in a noisy machine? Come on basic survival or hunting instincts avoid being seen.

IMO they don't use the power lines and only cut across them when needed. They may even wait for dark to risk doing this. They know its man made and were they only creatures they fear. Or rather that they fear our tech and numbers. Were small but we can kill or destroy anything, even a planet.

JMO tracker. dry.gif

Good to see that you have indicated that your response...is opinion.

When reading any material, you need to be able to do so with an objective frame of mind and a modicum of critical thinking. I fear that some 'research' with a self fulfilling focus. They research already convinced that BF exists. One needs to be objective and be able to sift fact.

OK...using this criteria care to reveal what 7-12ft hair/fur covered animal is being reported? Obviously you think it isn't Bigfoot...so what do you think it is?

I'm not being snotty, or smart-alecky just open to other trains of thought.

You may not want to believe me and that's no surprise...but, there is no concrete evidence that BF exists.

That is a real original response...thanks ( yawn ). Where have I heard this before ? (not just a regular yawn...but a Homer Simpson working his butt grove into the sofa type dislocated jaw yawn)

Guest Lesmore

That is a real original response...thanks ( yawn ). Where have I heard this before ? (not just a regular yawn...but a Homer Simpson working his butt grove into the sofa type dislocated jaw yawn)

Your well thought out, carefully considered contributions are valued.

Guest Lesmore

OK...using this criteria care to reveal what 7-12ft hair/fur covered animal is being reported? Obviously you think it isn't Bigfoot...so what do you think it is?

I'm not being snotty, or smart-alecky just open to other trains of thought.

I've spent decades in the Canadian outdoors. I'm a long time fly fisherman and frequently over many years have traveled (driven and walked) through Boreal Forests, Canadian Shield to fish in isolated spots. I've camped since the 50's.

I'm also been, since the late 60's, an avid wildlife photographer (amateur) and invariably have, with me assorted camera equipment. Currently, when in the bush it's usually a DSLR with a 300mm (35mm equivalent of 450 mm) telephoto lens.

As a photographer, who has spent many hours in the Canadian wild, I'm very familiar with lighting conditions in forests. Lighting, times of days, shadows, partially obscured sightings of different animals all can contribute to our perception of what we see....and sometimes form perceptions of what we may think we see.

I've seen things that I though were something else, even to the point of being completely convinced that what I saw was something else. In two of these incidents I was able to come close and confirm what they were. Both cases...my original thoughts were wrong....it was lighting, shadows that had caused me to mis identify.

BTW, it was not a BF in either case.

Now I'm not saying BF does not exist. I am saying that so far I haven't seen, read or observed anything that has convinced me that BF does exist.

I do think that some have thought they have seen BF, but in reality it , IMO, was more likely a Bear. A bear...upright... under poor lighting conditions, from a distance can seem to be something ...for want of a better word(s)....primate like.

In my part of the continent, I've seen many bears, Moose, Elk, Deer (who hasn't), Badgers, the odd Timber Wolf, Coyotes, Fishers, Pine Martens, River otters and although I can't confirm for sure, possibly a Wolverine. I've seen many other animals also.

As far as research goes, I've read everything I can lay my hands on about BF and I have accumulated a small library over the past 40 + years on BF. I live close to areas where there have been a number of BF reports. In fact two of them are perhaps the most interesting reports of BF that I have read anywhere. I've camped, fished, photographed in those areas.

I live 90 miles from the Canadian Shield, 120 miles from the southern Boreal forests. I've flown over parts of northern Manitoba and NW Ontario by bush plane a number of times.

In fact I just came back from brief trip to the southern Boreal forests...very dense, deep and isolated.

I was in attendance at the PGF, during Mr. Patterson's tour...about 40 odd years ago. I was sitting front and centre about 5-10 feet from the screen...not sure what I saw this day. I was very impressed with the presentation and Question and Answer session with Mr. Patterson. Still very clear in my mind after all these years.

I've gone through stages of holding different beliefs about the existence of BF, over the past 40 odd years.

But now, after 40 odd years...since my interest was initially piqued (around 1968) there hasn't been concrete evidence, that I feel is 'enough' to convince me that BF exists.

But I haven't closed my mind completely. I do believe in the old adage of never saying never. I simply don't know.

But I think many others simply don't know either. I also think that there is a danger in not subjecting all evidence to rigorous assessment. BTW, when I say this I'm not referring to you, or just the question of BF's existence. I say this in reference to all aspects of life.

Les

Edited by Lesmore

Guest BFSleuth

You are correct that I don't know what extensive research you have done. I would be most curious to see your research that would have you conclude so emphatically that no sightings of BF have been on/near power line right of ways. Please be so kind to post this research for peer review.

Lensmore thanks for the thoughtful reply. :)

You've covered quite a bit of ground there! All of it stunning...Tracker has a thread for pictures over yonder in "In The Field" care to share?

:D :D :D

Why yes...that was off topic, I'm non-plussed and speachless by his reply.

Pleasantly suprised too.

Guest Lesmore

You are correct that I don't know what extensive research you have done. I would be most curious to see your research that would have you conclude so emphatically that no sightings of BF have been on/near power line right of ways. Please be so kind to post this research for peer review.

Regarding peer reviews, this is a BF forum, not a University department. We don't...at this or any other public forum... have the ability, resources, etc., to meaningfully adopt and use university level process. :)

When it comes to submitting material for peer review, I would have to know what qualifications you have....as an academic peer...for instance to assess and critique, my or any other individual's, material ? Are you my academic peer, do you have any areas of specialty in higher education that would be applicable/ relevant to a peer review in the area of BF ? :)

As you can see....attempts to use university procedures on a public forum can easily descend into irrelevance, for reasons I have mentioned.

I would refer you to my previous post for more information as to how I've followed the story of BF, over the years.

Guest Lesmore

Lensmore thanks for the thoughtful reply. :) You're welcome.

You've covered quite a bit of ground there! All of it stunning...Tracker has a thread for pictures over yonder in "In The Field" care to share?

:D :D :D

I've never been able to figure out how to transfer pictures to any website. My kids are quite computer literate and have made many attempts to teach their father how to do this, but unfortunately I'm not picking their lessons up very well. I've got an old brain that doesn't seem to always be able to sync up with modern technology. :)

Why yes...that was off topic, I'm non-plussed and speachless by his reply.

Pleasantly suprised too.

:D ...Les

Edited by Lesmore