Power Lines As Travel Routes

Guest bsruther

BFF Patron

Well with Washington interstate underpasses and gamecams, humans were able to easily pick them off and steal them except for one that caught the sorry sucker's picture, lol, oops. .

BF, not so much, lol.

http://www.valleyrecord.com/news/284353461.html

Edited by bipedalist

When reading any material, you need to be able to do so with an objective frame of mind and a modicum of critical thinking. I fear that some 'research' with a self fulfilling focus. They research already convinced that BF exists. One needs to be objective and be able to sift fact.

Ooops! There must be some confusion here, my dear friend this is a Bigfoot Forum not the Huffington post …  that’s exactly what I mouthed after reading one of those articles last month. Hold on and I'll send you the link to that site.

I don’t subscribe to the notion that Bigfoot food is in short supply. I’ve already explained why I questioned that, but I’ll briefly revisit my position because it leads to more salient points related to this topic. Bigfoots overtime have demonstrated unique abilities to adapt to changes in dietary food with or without humans in my opinion.

With a spike of Bigfoot encounters and associated leaps in human population I contend Bigfoot have rarely been in short supply of food. As human population increases so did the capacity to manufacture food. Bigfoot have taken a liking to fresh produce and domesticated animals of all sorts’ not previously available centuries before. There are more mega central refuse dumps and restaurant eateries at present than any time in our previous histories that make ideal source for food scraping.  

Along with the growth of modern man come more power line cuts never before seen in such magnitude as they are today. Although I am not prepared to say whether they think are taking “the path of least resistance,†but navigating these cuts guided by power lines is certainly intriguing to me. Does provide natural security and maybe even indigenous animals along the way probably so.  I am hoping with renewed interest in this thread it will provoke some new ideas and opinion.

Edited by Gumshoeye

Guest Suesquach

Hi Gumshoe, ever since I've read this thread, I look for power line right of ways. Daily, I drive to work on a street that one cuts through and I just can't help myself but turn my head to look each day hoping maybe I'll see something.....

Just a thought if they use power-line routes as a travel path wouldn't they use rail tracks as well? I mean the US and Canada are filled with unused and seldom used rail way lines. They are often clear. Just a thought on the topic. 

I explored a cut this summer in Indiana, no maintained trail, guessing it is  bush-hogged once a year or so.  I was keeping an eye out for tracks as we had a lot of recent rain at the time.  Although some of it was easy to push through waist-chest high grasses (I was soaked in Deet, more dreading chiggers then anything else) much of it was brush and leafy annuals.  I made it about a 1/3 mile before retreating into the woods where frankly the travel was easier, it was a pretty miserable 1/3 of a mile.  Got soaking wet as well since I hit it prior to dew burn off - and I mean I might as well as walked through the river soaked!

So, I don't about appeal as a travel route.  Looked pretty good for foraging though - different ecosystem entirely than the woods.  Looked cool for video or trail cam as you can see such a great distance.

Ok, still had a pic on my phone:

post-21939-0-10854200-1424101736_thumb.j

Hello Suesquach, I read more than a few reported sightings in or around power line easements or cut aways but its something that I never gave too much thought until recently. Let’s hope that a few members can some additional accounts of this. This one comes out of the Michigan area:

2012 October

Cheboygen County, Michigan

Motorist scouting areas for bow hunting sees what he thought was a black bear near some Power lines and wooded trees and when it rose up on two legs it came apparent it was not a bear.