Share A Picture Or Experience From The Outdoors

Guest tracker

Guest tracker

Hi Everyone, :)

Not everyone that's interested in the big guys goes out looking for them. Sure some combine a camping trip with some searching. But most are just out hiking, walking, fishing or just traveling through or live near beautiful scenery or interesting things. So I thought it would be nice to see some pics and here about some adventures from your home town area or trips. It doesn't have to be from expeditions, or about bigfoot. It could be from a weekend getaway or after work or after school adventures into the great outdoors. Also it doesn't have to be the perfect shot or coolest story, it's not a competition. Just share with us what's it like in your neck of the woods, bigfoot can't be everywhere! And everything here is bigfoot this bigfoot that. They hog the show. :D

I'll start things off. Here's a pic of the trail i take to walk down to the river near my house. No sign of the big smellies. Just a nice place to walk and see some wildlife.

DSCF0017.jpg?t=1299674247

Our first winter snow and a fir tree in my back yard.

DSCF0040.jpg?t=1299675343

Toronto City Skyline from the harbor front. Day trip into the big city woooow. No Bf's spotted just alot of too busy to slow down and enjoy life city dwellers. :)

DSCF0630.jpg?t=1299675454

My 10 yr old Sheprot Sam, on duty trying catch one of those annoying Chippers while camping. They drop accorns on her and run by just outside her run length and then chatter at us. Cheeky Buggers.

DSCF0049.jpg?t=1299676028

A good way to end is with a sunset shot at days end while camping

DSCF0052.jpg?t=1299676160

Okay let's see what it's like in your area or some pics from adventures into the great outdoors near you. :)

Edited by tracker

Tracker

Nice pictures! Here are a few of mine,some are of where i hunt and what i have found in that general area.It seems that all my activity happens when i am hunting .Rock banging tree breaks whistle usual with unusual and unexplained.but here are my photos:post-482-027048300 1299695558_thumb.jpgpost-482-099760000 1299695580_thumb.jpgpost-482-075765100 1299695610_thumb.jpg

post-482-041183600 1299695632_thumb.jpgpost-482-015496900 1299695665_thumb.jpgpost-482-046869500 1299695790_thumb.jpgpost-482-070581800 1299695814_thumb.jpgpost-482-032171700 1299695833_thumb.jpgpost-482-006729900 1299695864_thumb.jpgpost-482-088140700 1299695906_thumb.jpg

My future researcher who is my son:

post-482-055215300 1299695954_thumb.jpg

I will try to get more photo for you >

Guest tracker

Hey nice one's julio, where is this?

For those who are not sure how to post pictures just use photobucket it's free. And it's a very easy way to post shots. Just sign up & start a folder , then click on upload then select pics. then copy and paste from your folder when you make a post and that's it. :)

http://photobucket.com/

Edited by tracker

During a helicopter flight over the four corners for a week, I took this picture through the open door in an R44. This is a rare sight I am told... a mud waterfall.

During the same helicopter flight, I took this picture at Lake Powell. I was using a hidef Canon video camera and a Canon 5D. Both pictures were captured in RAW format and converted to 8bit.

On a different trip, I captured this Alligator in Florida on a business trip. I though it was cool that the animal had it's own air defense.

This is the official"puppy beach" It doesn't look it but a sheet of rock lines the creek. Since the park kindly re-did the trails with woodchips there is no mud for wet dogs to drag into the vehicle!!

Intersting aside, further in there is a low lying flats where tree breaks have been observed.

post-1009-073633600 1299783143_thumb.jpg

Tracker

Those photos are right in the out skirts of Detroit near populated areas.Alot of farm country that grow corn and alfalfa and alot of Deer.i have found dead deer with hind quarters torn off and stomachs ripped opened and thier necks broken.sometimes the deer would be freshly killed.I had pictures of that as well i just need to find them.I yhave also found rocks sta cks tree breaks and bends.

DDA

Nice pictures as well! i have always thought about renting a plane up north and just doing a fly by up there to get a lay of the land and marking spots with the GPS and hiking into those spots using the GPS and a compass. You can gather alot of info from the air. I would like to find those open fields that are hard to find on maps.If these guys want to interact they will find you one way or another.

Guest tracker

Hey great pics guys, nice air shots DDA, Sorry but the mud falls reminds me of chocolate for some reason? Hmmm, chocolate.

Hey Julio a few years ago i moved away from the Windsor area. I use to a few take trips across the border every year prior to passport laws. I got to get one of those and get into the Adirondacks soon. They been calling my name, here tracker tracker. :)

Guest tracker

Hey were getting some great pics but what about some stories to go along with them?

Okay i put one into the pot to get it going about a big white attack (polar bears)

This one happened way up at CFS Alert with one of my ex-forces drinking buddies. We swap stories to see who gets the next round while watching the Leafs on HNIC. Anyways this takes place in the late 90's and is worthy in my books since it was hard to beat.

I can''t use his name (official military report) so i'll just call him bud.

One of Buds job's in the force was to install, repair and maintain radio transmitting equip. So on occassion he would get sent to varrious CFB's to do this job. On one particular trip to alert after a cold day work, the guys were hunkering down with some chow in the mess. Also I should add in northern issolated places like this there's no sun or no night at certain times of the year. On this trip it was winter so it was 30 days of night ( just like the movie : )) So anyways back in the mess the crews were eating and starter hearing the odd noise outside? What ever just the wind right? back to the meal and a your hot coffee and bad jokes.

Suddenlly there was the huge white face of a polar right at the window of the mess mere inches from the group sitting at that table. WTF and some screaming from the shock of seeing this. This window was eight feet off the ground built high for just such an occassion. Anyways the bear breath was fogging up the glass as it tried to push in the window. The guys scramble away and some went for their weapons in the lock up. While they were gone the bear dropped . Someone looked out and seen that their were two bears not just one. A mother and an almost mature large male cub were heading towards the mess door. Holy **** someone lock that door down fast. No sooner than they bar it there was a smash at the steel door. Remember polar's are bigger then griz and are man killers. They will track people for days and break in to a igloo, house whatever to get their reward. So hopefuly your not sleeping and are armed. Anyways the guy with the riffles showed up and handed Bud a rifle only loaded with a flash bang round. He's like WTF an i going to do with this a such close range? Anyways when the bear were@ the door the guys went out side using the other doors to deal with these pests.

Bud went out onto the deck they have for BBQ's in the summer. Sure enough the two whites came around and straight at him on the run and were on the deck in no time. Bud was almost froze with fear with an almost usless weapon in his hand. If he shot behind them they would just come faster so he shot 6 ' in front of him and there was there was a loud bang and a flare affect in the snow. The two bears hit the breaks hard only a foot in front of the flare. Only 7' from Bud, Then they took off and headed into the whiteout. His mates with the real ammo showed up and seen the rumps of the bears disdappearing into the snowstorm. And had a bit of a laugh at how lucky he was.

Now if you know a little about polars they usually will come back when you least expect it. Like when your working and your back is turned. So they jumped into the trax and headed out into the storm to destroy the bears (loaded for bear) They pick up the trax and followed but the bugger went up a steep incline and were above the men. So all they could do was fire after them hoping it would scare them back onto the ice and away for good. So they guys returned to their steaks and coffee in the mess and had yet another cool story to tell their kids that they wouldn't believe. Also Bud said the bears were beautifull creatures perfectly white.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polar_bear

Ah the life in the force , you love it and hate it at the same time. :)

Here's some 411 on alert and some pics. At the very top of the map you wll see the red dot for local.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CFS_Alert

http://www.google.ca...BQ&ved=0CCIQsAQ

ps. I countered with my knife fight with anorther mt scout while training in the east coast mt's during a nasty winter storm. I'll save that one for another time. Tracker over and out. dry.gif

Edited by tracker

Guest tracker

Okay the second link failed so i'll try to just post some pics below. try?

ipod_alert_medium.jpg

11-18-18.jpg

flying_over_northern_ellesmere-l.jpg

mess hall

alert_mess_dinner1.jpg

A ranger on patrol I would get stuck with this duty if i was stationed up there. dry.gif

IS2008-3021.jpg

Here's our taxi now, time to fly

serverdj8.jpg

Okay lets here some of stories to go alone with some pics from other members. Tracker over and out. dry.gif

The pictures are out of sequence, but the story goes "I was Driving".....

I'd been driving from Pgh, pa to Thunder Bay Ontario....at some point during this all night drive up thu michigan i'd decided two things, no state should have so many exits the numbers got into the 300's, and the shape of the state was a mitten because Michiganer's were giving the rest of the county the finger, but politely.

The Astro came to an abrupt halt on the Mackinaw bridge...as the semi-consious hubby shreeked you can't just stop in the middle!!! I pointed out the red-light. Yep....construction.

Onward I drove....beating tires & pavement to get to the holy grail of vacations...at some point past Schriber I honestly couldn't keep going...as much as I hate to turn the wheel over...the husband had to man-up and drive. I was going to miss some spectatular scenery, but was for once too tired to care. Husband was firmly instructed not to wake me, unless he saw a Moose...or Bear on the road.

Our system of camping consisted of throwing a double matress (regular bed one) in the back of the astro, two laundry baskets of clothes, and a cooler between the front seats as an end table. So I pass out in back....within I swear no less than 20minutes....my husband is screaming Moose! Moose! MOOSE!!!! while reaching around the drivers seat frantically (he thought poking me) and in reality ....

.......sigh.....

Was dribbling my head on the pillow, Moose! (bounce) Moose! (bounce) I scrambled up an into the passenger seat , no easy task, I was dizzy from the head-dribbling, and tried to focus my eyes...and as he's still yelling like a little kid....and I'm yelling, where's the **** Moose??!!) And there it was....a macnificent Bull Moose in the center of the highway....we're barreling at it at 75mph....hubby is honking the horn like crazy....

Yeah....it was a good 1/2 to 3/4 of a mile away....Hit the brakes an wait for it to decide to cross the road...YOU WOKE ME UP FOR THAT?????!!!!!

He's still embarassed....I was so not happy he got the boot to the navigators seat, and I drove the rest of the way to Wawa....where the sight of a big metal goose made absolutely no sense....yeah....a monument to canadian geese??!! OK. Someone told me later Wawa in Annishabe means goose...OK. Good to know. I think I drove 22hrs 20min nap, and another 4-5. A personal record.

Edited by grayjay

The Pics, didn't attach, sigh.....

If you imagine a moose waaaay down the road after the dip, that's what I woke up to...

post-1009-062299900 1300040746_thumb.jpe

post-1009-020923500 1300040776_thumb.jpe

post-1009-046118900 1300040800_thumb.jpe

Edited by grayjay