Share A Picture Or Experience From The Outdoors

Guest tracker

Guest tracker

That's a beautiful place whereever it is. I'd be willing to go if the fishing was good in that lake! lol

I would guess the water is cold and the fishing is pretty good in the Adirondacks. ;)

Guest toejam

Yea there's been some run ins with them over there. Got any stories? I am s/e of the Bon Echo area now. Outside of a few of tiny towns there's nothing but open country for them. Ripping a window frame off you say. Hmm i am not sure i like that behaviour, It's the kind of thing that will cause people to shoot at them. Then we get injured POed Sasq wandering into campgrounds or approaching hikers with BA's. That's all i need i don't carry a rifle when i hunt for them alone, sometimes even over night.

Do you hunt or research for them tJ?

Hey Tracker.

So you're SE of Bon Echo eh? Nice area. I have a nice camp spot up there where we've heard some strange screams in the morning. You're also probably aware of the Skootamatta Rd. sighing? It's in the database.

As far as hunting or researching for them? **** right! I've had several encounters (no visual) in the last 2+ years that keeps me coming back for more. I know they're out there. I've had my own personal proof.

Hope this is the year of my first visual. Cheers

TJ

Guest tracker

Hey Tracker.

So you're SE of Bon Echo eh? Nice area. I have a nice camp spot up there where we've heard some strange screams in the morning. You're also probably aware of the Skootamatta Rd. sighing? It's in the database.

As far as hunting or researching for them? **** right! I've had several encounters (no visual) in the last 2+ years that keeps me coming back for more. I know they're out there. I've had my own personal proof.

Hope this is the year of my first visual. Cheers

TJ

If you want we can take our conversation over to " On the hunt for Sasq with me" thread? I try to use that one for specific BF researching or hunting experiences. With this thread I try to leave for the more general adventures. You know for people with a casual interest. Like campers/hikers that may encounter signs of them but don't go looking for them. Sure they may be in a good area for Bf's but they are there on vacation not BF research. It helps with participation for those that just want to post a cool pic or interesting story without saying it's Bf's related. It's up to you. Tracker ;)

Edited by tracker

Guest toejam

If you want we can take our conversation over to " On the hunt for Sasq with me" thread? I try to use that one for specific BF researching or hunting experiences. With this thread I try to leave for the more general adventures. You know for people with a casual interest. Like campers/hikers that may encounter signs of them but don't go looking for them. Sure they may be in a good area for Bf's but they are there on vacation not BF research. It helps with participation for those that just want to post a cool pic or interesting story without saying it's Bf's related. It's up to you. Tracker ;)

No problem Tracker. I'm easy. See you over there :D

• 2 weeks later...
Guest tracker

Okay not so scary but I hate seeing a nice shot go to waste. BTW the loons were calling and there's fresh hot coffee on the fire behind these canoes. And my kids are all ready breaking into the mashmellows. Hey save some for me, buggers ! dry.gif

Sun-Rise-on-Kawawaymog-Lake-788648.jpg?t=1303667308

Guest Cervelo

Thanks for posting that!

Your quite welcome check it out at nite. It's pretty neat to see how active these birds are at nite!

Guest tracker

Hey i found it! :)

DSCF0032.jpg?t=1304337724

not as nice as I thought it would be and where's the gold?

I seen 8 of these on our trip north 6 @ dusk on the way back. mostly skitish mom's and calfs

DSCF0041.jpg?t=1304337965

very high water this spring, it's causing problems unless your a moose or a duck.

DSCF0074.jpg?t=1304338217

• 2 weeks later...
Guest toejam

Hooked up with Tracker for some squatch'n in an area I've been to a couple times before. The black flies were horrendous. Little buggers kept me locked up for most of the day.

I spent the first night by myself and I did have a couple days of good weather. Tracker showed up early but the rain kicked in that night and we had to leave in the morning so we

wouldn't get stuck getting out. Neither of us was driving a 4x4 so the rain could have made it very difficult getting out if we waited too long. Good thing we left when we did. No action this time

except for some camp critters.

Had a couple minks chase each other through camp as well as a porky in a tree right in the camp site. The loon action was great! They kept me up most of the night calling out. Also had a barred owl in the vicinity.

Saw a ruffed grouse and a deer was close to camp. It ran off before I could get close.

Best part was the family of otters that swam past the camp spot on friday morning. That was a first for me!

IMG_1448.jpg

Guest toejam

Hooked up with Tracker for some squatch'n in an area I've been to a couple times before. The black flies were horrendous. Little buggers kept me locked up for most of the day.

I spent the first night by myself and I did have a couple days of good weather. Tracker showed up early but the rain kicked in that night and we had to leave in the morning so we

wouldn't get stuck getting out. Neither of us was driving a 4x4 so the rain could have made it very difficult getting out if we waited too long. Good thing we left when we did. No action this time

except for some camp critters.

Had a couple minks chase each other through camp as well as a porky in a tree right in the camp site. The loon action was great! They kept me up most of the night with their calls. Also had a barred owl in the vicinity.

Saw a ruffed grouse and a deer was close to camp. It ran off before I could get close.

Best part was the family of otters that swam past the camp spot on friday morning. That was a first for me!

IMG_1448.jpg

Guest tracker

Hey great vid action TJ, I am surprized we could see anything with the BFlies being as thick as they were! When they call it quits for the season we'll get into the bush and seek out some biggie footprints for you. I think we need to go a little further north and west a bit if you know what i mean. ;)