Makes No Sense...

Guest Grifter9931

Guest Grifter9931

I have been reading through many of threads in this and a few other forums. And something that is an interesting observation, is that people would rather not get pictures of BF that is known to them on their property or in a place that they frequent. The folks who have had "encounters/relationships" seem to be unwilling to either find out or verify what they are sharing with other folks. And whenever asked about the proof, they get very defensive. 

I understand the position of these folks. But for something that is not recognized by most of the scientific community. And generally ridiculed by the general public. Why not get the proof and start a movement that should be a positive step for this creature that folks seem to being so infatuated with???

I have been reading through many of threads in this and a few other forums. And something that is an interesting observation, is that people would rather not get pictures of BF that is known to them on their property or in a place that they frequent. The folks who have had "encounters/relationships" seem to be unwilling to either find out or verify what they are sharing with other folks. And whenever asked about the proof, they get very defensive.

I understand the position of these folks. But for something that is not recognized by most of the scientific community. And generally ridiculed by the general public. Why not get the proof and start a movement that should be a positive step for this creature that folks seem to being so infatuated with???

proof does not equate to photos.....

Well, good question that only a habituator can answer.

I don't know what you say about folks who don't want or need to supply proof. I don't think that habituators gathering on bigfoot sites to compare notes should be harassed by skeptics. This should be a safe haven for them. Let skeptics go elsewhere if they don't like it.

Doesn't bother me and shouldn't bother anybody. I draw my personal line at people selling habituation accounts for money that don't have proof in them. But again that's just me.

One reason seems to be is that some believe that there is nothing good that will come from sharing what they have. Perhaps this has to do with not having the type of evidence that is substantial enough to prove the existence of bigfoot which may result in negative accusations or judgements by others. Another thing is that it seems that some people would rather bigfoot never be proven to exist.

• Upvote 1

Guest Grifter9931

I understand the position of these folks. But for something that is not recognized by most of the scientific community. And generally ridiculed by the general public. Why not get the proof and start a movement that should be a positive step for this creature that folks seem to being so infatuated with???

It couldn't hurt.... You can have all the foot prints and scat etc.

DNA is close to us apparently.. No idea

But a clear photo goes a long way in explaining something so fantastical and magical to the general public...

Edited by Grifter9931

It couldn'

No, no it doesn't. Evidence? Maybe. PROOF? No.

I think it comes down to motivation Grifter.  It takes time, patience, respect and mutual trust to reach a point where you have repeated contact with the Bigfoot subjects.  Something most of the public fails to understand or appreciate.  Not many folks I know of who have worked to reach this fragile point, would openly expose it to the rude skeptics and unbelieving public.  A sure way to lose these incredible experiences in a heartbeat.  The "Holy Grail" of posivite proof just doesn't hold a candle to the experiences of having these complex subjects draw close to you in a very deliberate fashion.... you reach a point where you don't really care what other people think or accept, no motivation what so ever..... 

• Upvote 1

Why not get the proof and start a movement that should be a positive step for this creature that folks seem to being so infatuated with???

It's quite possible that once you 'know' they exist, you also understand that they don't really *need* humans to protect them. Hence, no need to prove it to anyone. As a researcher, I'm not personally interested in proving it to anyone: only to understand them better, myself.

• Upvote 1

Guest Grifter9931

I am not saying either position is in correct. I would just like to understand the reasoning behind it.

• Are people afraid that other entities would try to take advantage of BF?
  • Are they worried that they wouldn't have that personal connection anymore?
  • Is possible that these folks are just plumb selfish?? And want the experience all to themselves?
  • Is it possible that its just all made up and you can't prove something exsist when its all made up? 

I am just trying to understand the rationale behind they stance some folks are choosing....

Edited by Grifter9931

Guest zenmonkey

One reason seems to be is that some believe that there is nothing good that will come from sharing what they have. Perhaps this has to do with not having the type of evidence that is substantial enough to prove the existence of bigfoot which may result in negative accusations or judgements by others. Another thing is that it seems that some people would rather bigfoot never be proven to exist.

very true, but rather its a real story with proof or not i still enjoy hearing about it. well that is until BF takes off into his space ship and warps to another dimension

Guest Grifter9931

Norseman 

What would you need to prove the existence of BF?

A body?

A conversation?

Have him on tv doing tv things?

Guest Grifter9931

Why not get the proof and start a movement that should be a positive step for this creature that folks seem to being so infatuated with???

It's quite possible that once you 'know' they exist, you also understand that they don't really *need* humans to protect them. Hence, no need to prove it to anyone. As a researcher, I'm not personally interested in proving it to anyone: only to understand them better, myself.

Something about that statement is just wrong... Maybe its worded wrong.

Or maybe I am interpreting it incorrectly. It comes of as kind of selfish and elitist.

I don't know, you think people would want to share in something so amazing... 

I'm less certain now than I was when I began this journey last August that proof would be a positive step.  

I don't think public acknowledgement would make them safer, because I don't think they are "animals" that need protection - they are some sort of primitive ape-like people that have their own needs.  We just don't have a frame of reference for what they are and how we should treat them.  Our history with minority human tribes is genocidal... not the best track record.  Public acknowledgement would bring trophy hunters of all sorts, scientific experimentation, government abuse and a lot of social upheaval as people fight about what and who they are.  I don't think that would be good for them OR for humans.  They do just fine as a "myth" and don't need our protection per se, just to be left alone for the most part, except for when THEY choose to interact with us.  

However, I would LOVE to know exactly what they are genetically.  I find that utterly fascinating!!!

Edited by madison5716