Makes No Sense...

Guest Grifter9931

Why not get the proof and start a movement that should be a positive step for this creature that folks seem to being so infatuated with???

It's quite possible that once you 'know' they exist, you also understand that they don't really *need* humans to protect them. Hence, no need to prove it to anyone. As a researcher, I'm not personally interested in proving it to anyone: only to understand them better, myself.

Something about that statement is just wrong... Maybe its worded wrong.

Or maybe I am interpreting it incorrectly. It comes of as kind of selfish and elitist.

I don't know, you think people would want to share in something so amazing... 

I find the mindset abhorrent. But I also know that it is a very common mindset.........even with researchers you watch on TV. And it's a giant hurdle with proving the existence of the species. Because the majority of the people out there looking? Have no interest in proving the animal exists.

The thing I have an issue with regarding habituation stories is if they want to keep all of this so secret, and not provide ANY information other than the tales of interaction, why tell it at all.  They know they are going to be asked for proof of their claims.  I regard any habituation stories I hear now as just a cry for attention for the most part.  Anyone can make a claim of habitation, and when asked for proof, just say they want to keep it all secret for the protection of the Sasquatch.  Not one of these stories has provided one scintilla of proof from the claimant.  Anymore, for myself, I just basically disregard any story of habituation as a tall tale.  Maybe someday, if one of the stories is true, the claimant will actually show us proof of the event.  Until then I figure they're just blowing smoke.

• Upvote 1

Its a valid question and to just keep it simple here, I think once someone (a land owner or what have you ) determines what they are dealing with there comes with that a certain feeling that said someone is special in some way, many become connected in their encounters. Most who come forward are ridiculed and perhaps even baffled themselves after having tried time and time again to acquire the said evidences that would certainly exonerate their claims. No one wants to be like the boy who cried wolf (or SSq) . Farnkly I think many just give up and change tact honestly.

Having said that I would also point to our history of how we have treated our own known to be human brothers and sisters, like for instance the native Americans, and I will leave it at that ...Im sure we each can each draw together a huge list here. So what would the history be if it was shown that these things are not in such small numbers as many believe and that they in fact are just about everywhere and have been all along... 

^^^ Habs are reaching out to other habs in my experience Old Dog, it is not unlike the alcoholic seeking out other alcoholics to deal with their shared issues... It is about empathy and until one has walked in a certain set of shoes, others may struggle to get it. Proof is not at play here, and look at those who labor to provide it, is it any wonder why they go underground. I say they because I am not a habituator, I didn't go to the SSq they came to me and it wasn't as special to me as it seems to be for others...but I certainly empathize with them.

Edited by ThePhaige

Guest Grifter9931

I would understand if they at least tried to get any type of evidence other than

• I waved to it and it waved back
  • Or I could see the eye shine from 100 yards away
  • Or I saw broken branches and it had to be him
  • Or I left it food and it was gone in the mroning

I am not saying none of this happened or any of it is made up.

But when you come on unto a forum that is able to be accessed world wide and then you talk about something that people are either Extremely passionate abut or very curios. And you make claims of having one on your property etc.

The rest of us who aren't able to be there with would like to connect with you and your story. How is that possible without some inkling of evidence???

And if you choose not to want to provide any or it sn't your job to to. Then why come on here and talk about it anyway? 

Phaige, I understand your point, but it seems like this habituation thing is growing almost exponentially lately.  If this many people are having this experience, I find it hard to believe that not a one would provide proof.  If I were in this circumstance, I would treat them with all due respect and decency, but you can bet that I would get something to prove I'm not lying.  On the other hand, if I had no intention of providing proof, I wouldn't say a word, and just keep it to myself.  If you go on a forum such as this and say you have a habituation going on, you know your going to be asked.  When they refuse you have to ask yourself, is it because they won't provide it, or they have none to begin with.  I just wouldn't put myself through the wringer unless I was needing attention very badly.

Guest Grifter9931

Phaige, I understand your point, but it seems like this habituation thing is growing almost exponentially lately.  If this many people are having this experience, I find it hard to believe that not a one would provide proof.  If I were in this circumstance, I would treat them with all due respect and decency, but you can bet that I would get something to prove I'm not lying.  On the other hand, if I had no intention of providing proof, I wouldn't say a word, and just keep it to myself.  If you go on a forum such as this and say you have a habituation going on, you know your going to be asked.  When they refuse you have to ask yourself, is it because they won't provide it, or they have none to begin with.  I just wouldn't put myself through the wringer unless I was needing attention very badly.

Okay I am not being obtuse !!!! Because you make sense in the rationale you are using. 

OD, you said: "If I were in this circumstance, I would treat them with all due respect and decency, but you can bet that I would get something to prove I'm not lying."

What kind of proof would you get? Treating them with respect & decency would rule out getting a body, even if you could, so what would you get that would be accepted as proof?

Sasfooty, I know that photos won't do it anymore, but none the less, I would take a ton of photos.  I would also gather as much residual physical evidence as possible short of a body.  I'm not a member of the kill camp, but do understand that if they exist, it will take a type specimen for scientific proof.  Although most scoff at video proof anymore, I would take as much video as I could in differing situations as close as I could, not to mention involving as many credible witnesses and co-habitators as possible.  If I couldn't provide what I would consider to be substantial proof of my truth, I wouldn't make the effort to tell the story.  All it would take would be a well respected third party to verify the incident.  If you had this sort of scenario going on with your property do you really think anyone such as Meldrum or Steenburg, or any other respected researcher would hesitate for a second to get in on it?

It sounds like you have it all figured out!

I hope you get the chance to try out your plan someday.

Good luck if you do. ;)

Guest Grifter9931

Video proof besides the original video is so crappy most of the time, but with the advent of HD video cameras etc

If you have enough footage then it would be something more people would take seriously.

Also if you video tape BF having a bad day such as yelling or throwing a boulder a few hundred yards then...... 

Edited by Grifter9931

OD I can only speak for myself, I have tried to get proof and it has alluded me for various reasons. I did NOT speak of my encounters for quite some time because of this, so I do get it. Certainly if the topic would come up I would advocate that SSq were/could be real but would not breach into my encounters. I could see how others reacted when the topic came up so I felt better served to keep my mouth shut. Everyone is a little different but for me it may hearken back to my faith and I will not go into detail , but something my sister used to always tell me... lil Bro there will come a day when the truth is the truth between just you and your creator, and there will be no clear way to show others the truth. I always held onto that when I was going through all of this. However over time I began to accept that I may never be able to prove what happened to me and found that, for me, in the end it really did not matter so much anymore..but I confess that there is a part of me that  does want vindication, I cant help it, I am human and I receive some of that from those who have been where I have been and its as simple as that. 

I would simply ask anyone who has had encounters to remember back before they did and what they thought of those who made those claims. I mean that is a period we can all relate with, unfortunately those who have crossed the threshold to having an encounter can never go back nor explain it in a way that is satisfactory to the non indoctrinated. What we have to be careful of in my opinion is classifying folks into collectives and then stereo typing that collective. When I was younger and didn't have much life experience or wisdom (not that I have a whole lot now) I used to feel like if I didnt know about it or if it didn't happen to me it must not be valid...well I have also learned over time is that many times when I make such judgments within my limited understanding of things I may just be picking my next lesson. So to coin another great phrase I try today to make my words and observations more sweet and tasty for tomorrow I may have to eat them.

I want to add that no amount of understanding,training or other life experience can adequately prepare a person for a SSq event or series of events. I think where many get into trouble is that most of their life they were taken on their word and when they have this happen and begin to experience someones questioning or disbelief , many times the individual does not have any reference point on how to deal with such things.

Edited by ThePhaige
  • Upvote 2

*Edit*

The thing I have an issue with regarding habituation stories is if they want to keep all of this so secret, and not provide ANY information other than the tales of interaction, why tell it at all.  They know they are going to be asked for proof of their claims.  I regard any habituation stories I hear now as just a cry for attention for the most part.  Anyone can make a claim of habitation, and when asked for proof, just say they want to keep it all secret for the protection of the Sasquatch.  Not one of these stories has provided one scintilla of proof from the claimant.  Anymore, for myself, I just basically disregard any story of habituation as a tall tale.  Maybe someday, if one of the stories is true, the claimant will actually show us proof of the event.  Until then I figure they're just blowing smoke.

I've only just started out down this path, but its pretty evident already that trust is a huge deal. IMO they are as smart or smarter than we are, when in their environment. And its also evident that they don't like to be seen. So why violate that trust, unless you don't respect them or have designs? If I were to give away the location that I am investigating, its possible that other people might show up, and I don't want to see the BF come to any harm, even if all that means is they have to move somewhere else. I don't want to disrupt them, just hang out if that is possible. They have already made first contact, so I have to assume that it is indeed possible.

OTOH it is nice to share information on these threads. I've learned a lot from them!

Edited by BigGinger
To Edit Offensive Content

Phaige, we may be using the same name for something, but with differing definitions.  Here is the thread with my definition of habituation.  

http://bigfootforums.com/index.php/topic/39204-what-exactly-are-we-calling-habituation/

What you're describing to me may be what I call an encounter.  Perhaps with a better explanation of what I refer to as a habituation my stance may be a bit clearer.  I have no dispute over encounters,  I have a personal issue with what "I" term a habituation.

....When I was younger and didn't have much life experience or wisdom (not that I have a whole lot now) I used to feel like if I didnt know about it or if it didn't happen to me it must not be valid...well I have also learned over time is that many times when I make such judgments within my limited understanding of things I may just be picking my next lesson. So to coin another great phrase I try today to make my words and observations more sweet and tasty for tomorrow I may have to eat them.

I want to add that no amount of understanding,training or other life experience can adequately prepare a person for a SSq event or series of events. I think where many get into trouble is that most of their life they were taken on their word and when they have this happen and begin to experience someones questioning or disbelief , many times the individual does not have any reference point on how to deal with such things.

Mega-awesome post, ThePhaige. 

There's always a bigger picture to look at.... For me, this post really helps outline that bigger picture.