Paul Freeman Footage.....believe It Or Not?

Guest Nalajr

Well MagniAesir, it does put you in an unsettled state, but there is a tremendous amount about human tendencies I admit to not understanding.

To me, your statement, "If sasquatch exist, then they saw one" is nothing more than a back-bend to avoid coming to terms with: "If I have no reason to conclude they didn't see it, then Sasquatch exist."

I wish you all the best, but I think also you've got some things to come to grips with.

Not at all

my position is based on the fact that I know that I don't know everything

I don't believe that sasquatch exist, however I realize that I could be wrong

To be skeptical means that you must be willing to examine the evidence from a fair and neutral position (although we all have biases)

If I "knew" that sasquatch did not exist then examining evidence would be meaningless

From what I've seen in most of the independent bigfoot channels and videos is that a great many of the people out there whooping in the dark and knocking on tree actually don't have anything better to do.  Many seem to be responding to the pressures of being short on possibilities and opportunities.  Everybody needs something to cling to, something to believe in and bigfoot seems to fill that kind of need for many.

From what I've seen somebody is hanging too much around independent bigfoot channels and woo networks and ...has nothing to say to the scientific proponents other then a 'conclusion' so wacky you'd be held back from a science degree as long as you expressed it, had the faculty a lick of sense.

And ...well, reading somebody's posts...talk about not having anything better to do...!

Guest Crowlogic

From what I've seen somebody is hanging too much around independent bigfoot channels and woo networks and ...has nothing to say to the scientific proponents other then a 'conclusion' so wacky you'd be held back from a science degree as long as you expressed it, had the faculty a lick of sense.

And ...well, reading somebody's posts...talk about not having anything better to do...!

And yet you are my shadow, shadowing someone you don't take seriously and who hasn't a clue.  However the energy/time/resource consuming gulf that separates a person like myself and a person banging on trees and whooping in the dark in vain is vast, very vast.

It's a marvel of impermeability. Like a 3506-car pileup.  One cannot look away from [chuckle] "a person such as myself [GUFFAW]...Herculean.  Pangaean.  In a hum'rous kind of way.

From what I've seen in most of the independent bigfoot channels and videos is that a great many of the people out there whooping in the dark and knocking on tree actually don't have anything better to do.  

I bet you watch far more of this stuff than I do.......and I'm a proponent!!

From what I've seen somebody is hanging too much around independent bigfoot channels and woo networks 

Ain't that the truth. Seriously, who watches a lot of that stuff? Who has the time or care? I don't.

Not even close.  Other than my posts here, my BF time is reading new reports (mainly on BFRO) and staying up with NAWAC in Area X.  And keeping my eyes peeled.

One benefit of knowing what the evidence says:  the Daily Bigfoot Circus is just for the laughs.

One thing Crow doesn't seem to get is that we know, full well, that we are reading somebody who once *believed in* this, i.e., accepted it without evidence...and has now gone over to the other extreme, i.e., disbelieving, without evidence.  And who, despite all counsel, just continues to talk about this as if belief and disbelief are the only two approaches, and the scientific approach is, well, anathema.

What is one to do with somebody like that but, well, play with it?

Inevitably, people who learn of my interest in this topic are always going to ask me about the latest Finding BF episode. Like many here, I'm sure, I'm forced to confess that I don't watch it. There was a time when I checked out an episode or two...I mean, how could you not? (DWA, you get forbearance points extraordinaire...me, my flesh is weak) It quickly became apparent that this the natural history equivalent  of "Here Comes Honey [bobo]."  Although I have to admit it was somewhat compelling to see how baked Bobo can be and still do his "job", as it were.  I find that most, like our resident no-seeums, give way too much credence to stuff like this and it distorts their ability to be objective.  Remember folks, just because it is on TeeVee don't make it more true, or even real at all, and we know it is usually just the opposite.  FB is selling soap and that is all.

• Upvote 1

Most of The Daily Bigfoot Circus is selling...something or other.  Imagine a Daily Solar Physics Circus in which "theorems" about unit charges, Sunburn As Divine Punishment, Is The Sun Our Past Lives? and Why It's Obviously A Heat Lamp got daily play.  So.  You're subscribing?  Well, Crow subscribes to the hairy hominoid equivalent.

I just can't watch FB; its premise seemed poisoned from (before) the start.  Survivorman BF neither.  You get BBC to fund that guy and supply him in a remote site for six months...well, I might at least see which episodes actually had something happening.

The funniest thing about this topic is that the science - by leagues the most fun part - is what 99.9% of the participants shy away from.

Partic'larly them folk on the teevee.

Guest Crowlogic

Here's a perfect example of a person who thinks he knows what's going on but in actuality is completely out of touch with what's happening in the real world

Bigfootism is the real world?  If so how so?

Evidence, of an animal, all scientists paying close attention to which say appears to be real.  That kind of real world.  Of course, if one can't suss out the crazy from the science, that is one's own difficulty.