Paul Freeman Footage.....believe It Or Not?

Guest Nalajr

What you ate garbage from the dumpster? There are probably soup kitchens in your area a google search could save you from having to eat dumpster fare.

• Upvote 1

Problem is footers are unable to critically evaluate evidence. 

It amuses me how you tar everyone with the same brush. I think you'll find most 'footers' call BS when they see it. For example, have you been reading here how much Todd Standing gets criticized?

Edited by Neanderfoot

But here we are in a thread from a well known multi-hoaxer and folks are still defending his garbage.

But how many on this forum are not? Reading this thread it seems some find his footage interesting, others find it a hoax (yes including proponents) and others aren't sure. I'm not convinced by it and anyway it's too indistinct to place much evaluation on it. It's not the PGF.

Edited by Neanderfoot

Someone, some years ago, claimed to stake out a dumpster by sitting inside. It was behind a shopping center. Sure enough bigfoot came by dumpster diving.

Unfortunately, as per normal the camera didn't work nor did he shot the bigfoot even though the footer was armed and waiting.

He was from So Fla.....

No camera involved when Dan Jackson sat in the dumpster in a Florida strip mall.  He had a gun and was prepared to use it or so he thought......it scared him badly when he came face to face with the culprit.  Dan set a trap for the hairy guy after discovering the "mother of all game trails" that led to the dumpster.

Search for the story, it's easy peasy.

^Isn't that the guy who had some kool-aid or something he had drugged, hoping the bigfoot would drink it?

Excellent point Crow...

No one is actually looking for bigfoot anymore. People are vending bigfoot woo, selling fake cast, telling scary stories around camp fires and zipping thru the woods on atvs....

Squatchin has been monetized and for the savy ones it's all about the $$.

Footers are woo merchants.... some are paid in cash and some do it for kicks but none of them are finding bigfoot.

Everyday things are now attributable to bigfoot bUT in reality its just bigfoot woo.... a knock in the forest. Well that's a bigfoot. A sound you cant identify... well that's bigfoot... A pile of dead branches ... that's bigfoot...

It would be hard to get people to spend time/money to go into the forest and sit there and look for real bigfoot evidence... it would be way too boring...%

You really don't know anything other than what you see on TV

on this site alone you have Norseman that does most of his searching on horseback or foot

Bigfoothunter has spent decades using a polaris (but hardly zipping around)

The group I belong to, doesn't howl at the moon or tree knock or any of that stuff

We research using the same type of criteria any other type of researcher would use.

2 out 4 of our members (myself being 1 of them) do NOT believe that sasquatch exists

I suggest that you go to www.ThomasSteenburg.com and see the thoughts of a researcher and not a TV show

PS

I think it is clear that Freeman was a hoaxer

Edited by MagniAesir
  • Upvote 1

I could ask why you would search for a creature you know does not exist,but I wont since I have done the same thing in Florida.

Then I'll ask.  Why would either of you search for a creature you have concluded does not exist?  

I have to second that.  I regularly defend skeptics here, I think the subject can be very interesting even if you are a skoftic on the creature's reality, but that is a new one.

Then I'll ask.  Why would either of you search for a creature you have concluded does not exist?  

A good question. If I was certain BF didn't exist, I'd be like every other person I know that doesn't believe it exists, they don't bother with it. They certainly wouldn't go looking for it, or even join a BF forum.

You really don't know anything other than what you see on TV

on this site alone you have Norseman that does most of his searching on horseback or foot

Bigfoothunter has spent decades using a polaris (but hardly zipping around)

The group I belong to, doesn't howl at the moon or tree knock or any of that stuff

We research using the same type of criteria any other type of researcher would use.

2 out 4 of our members (myself being 1 of them) do NOT believe that sasquatch exists

I suggest that you go to www.ThomasSteenburg.com and see the thoughts of a researcher and not a TV show

PS

I think it is clear that Freeman was a hoaxer

Well whip out the evidence......

Or 

Are these people you mentioned just as ineffective as the people who knock on trees and whoop in the dark?

Sasquatch Tours, Books and Speaking Engagements are no different than "Finding Bigfoot" (that you appear to mockingly refer to as my knowledge base) as a source of information.

There has to be a reason that you, as a non-believer, spend time in the woods looking for something you don't believe exists.  WHY?

Your WHY could be because you like hanging out with friends, spending time in the woods or any of wide range of reasons.

But It can't be because you think you are going to find a bigfoot as you readily admit that you don't believe they exist.

What's your WHY?

ps. No Finding Bigfoot for me...... I'm more of a "Mountain Monsters" fan.... at least they seem to have a sense of humor... the Sheepsquatch Episode was the bomb.

Problem is footers are unable to critically evaluate evidence. Most struggle when it comes to taking off their bigfoot googles.

Footers start out with the assumption that all evidence is good then work from there....

Um, actually, is this person kidding?  the inability to critically think about this topic is an absolute hallmark of bigfoot skepticism.

There are scientific proponents, whose work has, it will one day be universally accepted, essentially proven the animal.  Then there are the proponents that the scientific proponents laugh at...which all bigfoot skeptics consider to be the heart of the proponent case because...wait for it...they are unable to critically evaluate evidence.  

On the other hand, there is not a single bigfoot skeptic with a respectable position; it's a strain of thought that denies evdence, science and common sense (while invoking those words the way a shaman waves incense).  Denial is the heart of bigfoot skepticism; it leads to...wait for it...being unable to critically evaluate evidence.

Funny, I've never considered curiosity and adherence to scientific precepts as a burden. Enjoyable and fulfilling maybe? Stimulating and an intellectually satisfying perhaps?  Just plain fun? All of those, yep. 

To bigfoot skeptics, critical thought is a burden...as we see from our old friend Martin.  Can you tell me/where he's gooooo-oooone?

If these kinds of things "burden" you, you really should look into another pastime and focus for your attention elsewhere. Life is really too short to elect to do things that are seen as a burden with no redeeming qualities. Just stop grinding your own liver and move on for all of our sakes, please.

As we've already discovered, bigfoot skeptics are obsessed fringies.   They can't move on; they can't intellectually engage; science is not in them.

I find Bill Munns'  quote on this point to be crucial: "[He is] just not able to tell good evidence from bad."

This is a real handicap in those seeking truth.  The #1 crippler of young adults, as it were.

The...wait for it...[inability] to critically evaluate evidence is yer field marker of someone only interested in winning an argument he has already lost. 

Edited by DWA