Question For Anyone Who Believes They Have Heard A Bigfoot Vocalizing

Bonehead74

Does This Sound Familiar?  

27 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

BFF Patron

I have caught Samurai from them, they have some prosody and cadence to their speech.  

I have caught imitative whistles of my own productions.  I have heard mumbling. 

But I haven't had any sound like Jack Nicholson in The Shining or One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest yet.  

I guess it is always possible the squatch has Bipolar Disorder which is no laughing matter though. 

I'm actually wondering why some sounds are not present and I'm not going to go into those to spur on hoaxing. 

Edited by bipedalist

what I heard from across a small lake went on for about a half hour just a very deep AAUUHH! A friend and I having lunch at Soda Peaks Lake in the Trapper Creek Wilderness area.

He heard it first started kinda quiet same sound. He heard it about three times and asked if I had. When we stopped talking I finally heard it. Just the same  AAUUHH or OOUUHH! It just got loader over time but not a yell or screem. We had no clue what was making the sound. Whatever it was you could tell it must have been big. I say that because it felt like you could allmost feel the sound in your chest.

We did go about quarter way around the lake to see if we could see anything I even had a video camera with me. We never did see or film anything. We did leave after about a half hour because we felt very uncomfortable.

My first thought when he asked if I heard anything was we might be disturbing a black bear hibernating, We had talked about that on the way up to the lake it was new years eve and we had to go over some downed timber that would have made good shelter or den for a bear in the root wads. The other thought was maybe an elk. One thing I have never heard anything like it just the deepness of the exhaled sound.

What I heard I first thought was someone screaming. I was sitting on the couch at home after midnight watching tv. I had been hearing coyotes raise cain but that is not unusual in the winter as I supppose they gather together to start a hunt. But this night was different, they appeared to be really really agitated. And then another pack was heard close by as well but one another little hill. And they too were raising all holy hades as well. My dog, an inside outside dog was inside and usually ignores the coyotes when inside. She began to show interest and become alerted as the cacophony swelled outside our window. Then a few minutes later I began to hear something different, like someone screaming. This got my interest as I thought someone may be hurt or in need of aid. I and the dog went outside to hear a three section concert of crystal clear screaming, howling, and other coyotes sounds. I could hear the coyotes jaws popping together. Literally, I could hear them tearing the ground up with their paws, or doing something that sounded like that. All this was close by. And very very loud. Not ambiguous far away hard to tell sound at all.

My dog as we went outside would run in the yard towards the screaming sound but only to the end of the porch and no farther. she did this several times running out and back to me and acting very strange as if she was not sure what it was either. She commonly barks at and chases the other wildlife from the yard which is quite large, the fartherst part of it being maybe eighty yards away from our house. She has chased deer, armadillos, racoons, wild turkeys, rabbits, squirrels and a coyote from the yard and I am familiar with her vocalizations and behavior as to these. She acted different, cautiously brave toward this sound. The screaming continued for about five minutes, I listened and then ran inside to try to get my recorders microphone to capture it, but I didnt find the extension cord in time. It was quite an experience. Picture a baseball diamond with you at home plate. at third base about one hundred twenty yards away is one pack of coyotes going crazy. On the pitchers mound about eighty yards away is the unknown screaming and at first base about one hundred twenty yards away as well is another pack of coyotes going equally bat crazy.

The screaming and coyotes din continued for about five minutes and then there was an incredible deep bassy whoop type scream from the unknown sound in the middle. Which shut everything up like flipping an on off switch. then just the normal sounds of the night. I did get my mike outside but only recorded those normal sounds the rest of the night.

My house sits at the dead end of a short county paved road which geographically runs on the crest of a long spur with steep sides, All the five houses are located on top of the spur. The road pavement ends at the end of my driveway and is dirt and gravel. at the end of the road is a gate which controls entry to the paper company land which runs for several miles until there is another county road. Just beyond the gate at the end of our driveway is a circular area with river gravel and crushed rock hauled and dumped into that served as the collection point and staging area for the large logging equipment that was used to harvest timber on the property. The paper company property along with some small tracts of individually owned acreage is heavily forested with some areas having been replanted in 2002 and the trees there are row planted unthinnned and very thick. The streams have cut steep draws across the land with the hardwoods and old growth pines left due to inaccessability or difficulty in harvesting in the swampy low ground, and also in the steepest hillsides. The draws are very steep, the creeks are cut into the bottoms with eight to ten foot vertical banks with little or no meandering until they have combined to form the larger stream which drains the entire area. Access by road is only through the gate at the end of my driveway. Any other access requires quadracycle or high axle four wheel drive, horse or foottraffic.  These facts were important to me in trying to undestand what I was hearing.

What I heard was either someone with a decent sound system playing an amplified recording aimed at my house, or it was a creature with incredible lungs and vocal chords. The screaming sounded a lot like Matt Moneymakers' calls he makes on the show. Which is the reason I am on this forum now, that being the only thing I have heard that sounds like it. The last sound was different, extremely powerful and deeper in pitch than the screaming. Perhaps there are humans who can make those sounds that powerfully but I doubt they were in my woodline that night. The other human possiblility was someone was playing recorded sounds through an amplified sound system. Possible. But they didnt come to where they were through my road. So they would have to hike across miles of forest at night, carrying heavy sound equipment, and cross those vertical bank streams with waist deep water in most places again in the cold and dark. negotiating the steep banks. And to do this amount of effort, fatigue and time to come within fifty yards of my house, which has lights on visibly at night to do call blasting towards an occupied house and an unoccupied house. If someone did go to this amount of trouble they would know that they were directing these sounds at people instead of unknown creatures, so it would be a planned hoax, or someone lost who after hiking and climbing and wading decided to play their sounds anyways since they were there. This makes little sense. I didnt not hear human talking, or human noises, or see human lights, which i could have through the undergrowth the sound was emanating from. There were no lights, no mumbling, no cursing no anything, just the powerful vocalizations.

So I heard something either man made which makes little sense in this circumstance or something that sounded a lot like what Matt Moneymaker does when he makes calls.

Listen to it with good head phones if you have not.   For me that changed the picture a bit.

MIB

Edited by MIB

Guest JoelS

Listen to it with good head phones if you have not.   For me that changed the picture a bit.

MIB

I did.  I've heard things in the past that may have been from BF.  The vocal range of that critter was large.  The lows were really low, and the highs were much higher.  IMO, out of the vocal range for possibly anyone but a highly trained human.  The vocal range on this clip didn't even come close.

To answer the question, yeah, it does sound familiar.  Does it sound like a Sasquatch to me, no.  It sounds like my drunk uncle coming in from a night at the bar.  There are only about five or six phonemes ( or is that allophones ?) interspersed with a series of grunts, whoops and howls.  There appears to be nothing there that would be even the basic structures of speech, regardless of language or dialect.  I will refer my thoughts on this to what SO says at 1:40 in the recording,  "This has almost become predictable."

I guess an alternative angle to the same question is this: if you were laying in a tent in some remote forest about 4:00 am with it raining and hearing that vocalization, how would you react?   What would you expect to find out there making those sounds?  And how truly confident of your best guess are you?

Personally, I wouldn't bet the farm on any answer other than "I don't know" 'cause that is one thing I can be certain of.  :)

MIB

MIB, unless you knew exactly what, or rather who, was making those noises.  You can bet though, that had I been in a tent and hearing those noises, and not involved in a hoax, I would be out of the tent and finding out exactly what was making them.

Didn't he say, early in the clip, that the noises had been going on for several hours and that he was going to bed?   I think he made a prediction of the noises cranking up .. might not be a valid extrapolation but my sense was this was far from the first night this had happened because it was a recognized and predictable pattern. 

Sort of changing directions a little bit here ... I've had a couple nights with "stuff" going on in camp where my responses seemed reasonable at the time but upon reflection the next day were out of character enough to disturb me.   I would expect to be up investigating with a flashlight and something that dispenses .429 to .430 inch diameter chunks of lead, not because it might be bigfoot, but because it might not.  Instead I complacently rolled over and went back to sleep.  You might say my lack of concern concerns me.

MIB

Edited by MIB

It sound's like my grandson when he's playing karate, and the other part of it does sound like a drunk. What I heard was extremely loud. All the dogs in the surrounding area were going crazy and you could hear it clearly over them. The only way I could ever discribe it is the dinosaur movie's. The volume was that loud. Just when it stopped there were 4 gunshots then a few minutes later you could hear police siren's headed in that direction.

BFF Patron

MIB

Hasn't changed anything for me.  I agree with JoelS.....& Old Dog.below..... too much like the drunk human for my comfort zone. 

......The vocal range on this clip didn't even come close.

....It sounds like my drunk uncle coming in from a night at the bar.  

I voted yes, but within the context that they sound like they are made with a human or humanlike vocal tract. I wouldn't expect a human whom had been raised or grown up in the wild to have perfect human etiquette by our standards, nor would I expect a human or humanlike entity to have uniform behavior or expressions due to it's likely sentient mind governing it. It's biology plus characteristics in trace evidence, is what confounds the prospect of proof if they are there at all and not truely human in our sense of the word.

In regards to vocalizations recorded in the past, I can list numerous captures, some public and some not, which contain the basic building blocks of human speech, which science says is not present in other great apes. This is the production of quantal or cardinal vowels and is a point of contention among anthropologists whether Neanderthal could produce them. I use it as my personal gauge of what I'm hearing and to infer physiology when I know I'm hearing atleast a primate.

What I heard was two individuals conversing over a distance of 50 feet or so from each other in an unrecognized (by me) language. It reminded me of Korean with some Polynesian mixed in. They sounded like they were speaking sentences or phrases. One would speak and then the other for a total of four phrases.

Edited by indiefoot