Question For Anyone Who Believes They Have Heard A Bigfoot Vocalizing

Bonehead74

Does This Sound Familiar?  

27 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

What I heard was two individuals conversing over a distance of 50 feet or so from each other in an unrecognized (by me) language. It reminded me of Korean with some Polynesian mixed in. They sounded like they were speaking sentences or phrases. One would speak and then the other for a total of four phrases.

Now that I can buy.  You heard a speech pattern which had a phraseology to it.

I voted yes, but within the context that they sound like they are made with a human or humanlike vocal tract. I wouldn't expect a human whom had been raised or grown up in the wild to have perfect human etiquette by our standards, nor would I expect a human or humanlike entity to have uniform behavior or expressions due to it's likely sentient mind governing it. It's biology plus characteristics in trace evidence, is what confounds the prospect of proof if they are there at all and not truely human in our sense of the word.

In regards to vocalizations recorded in the past, I can list numerous captures, some public and some not, which contain the basic building blocks of human speech, which science says is not present in other great apes. This is the production of quantal or cardinal vowels and is a point of contention among anthropologists whether Neanderthal could produce them. I use it as my personal gauge of what I'm hearing and to infer physiology when I know I'm hearing atleast a primate.

The thought of it being a sentient being or having a sentient mind would also lead you to believe they would have some form of expressions, which the speaker in the recording is trying to convey.  You may be able to list numerous vocal captures in the past which contain the basic building blocks of speech, however they just aren't present in this particular recording.  I believe I'm hearing a primate in this recording, doing a very poor interpretation of what they think a Sasquatch should sound like.  I'm just not able to believe this is anything other than a human making what they think are Sasquatch sounds.  Had he gone out of the tent and gotten and image of the producer of the sounds I may feel different, or my suspicions may have been proven right.  Maybe that why he never leaves the tent.

Hey, it's just my take on this recording, obviously others have a different take on it, and that's what makes it all so interesting.

• Upvote 1

these vocals do not seem to be normal bigfoot behavior, if there is normal bigfoot behavior. It just seems to me, most vocal bigfoot sounds would be ocasional whoops, whistles, maybe a screem, from most of the reports I have read.

A guy  camping in the woods could be a threat to a bigfoot, so why would the bigfoot who is trying to remain elusive give himself away?

I think most vocals bigfoot make would be to warn others or locate others near by. Wood knocks, rock clacking maybe a warning signal, whoops, whistles calling another, screeming, rock, stick throwing a definate you are tresspassing, leave this place.

The vocals in the recording sound human to me, just my opinion. If it is a human I just don't get it, maybe he watched to much TV and movies not very convincing to me.

I voted yes, but within the context that they sound like they are made with a human or humanlike vocal tract. I wouldn't expect a human whom had been raised or grown up in the wild to have perfect human etiquette by our standards, nor would I expect a human or humanlike entity to have uniform behavior or expressions due to it's likely sentient mind governing it. It's biology plus characteristics in trace evidence, is what confounds the prospect of proof if they are there at all and not truely human in our sense of the word.

In regards to vocalizations recorded in the past, I can list numerous captures, some public and some not, which contain the basic building blocks of human speech, which science says is not present in other great apes. This is the production of quantal or cardinal vowels and is a point of contention among anthropologists whether Neanderthal could produce them. I use it as my personal gauge of what I'm hearing and to infer physiology when I know I'm hearing atleast a primate.

The thought of it being a sentient being or having a sentient mind would also lead you to believe they would have some form of expressions, which the speaker in the recording is trying to convey.  You may be able to list numerous vocal captures in the past which contain the basic building blocks of speech, however they just aren't present in this particular recording.  I believe I'm hearing a primate in this recording, doing a very poor interpretation of what they think a Sasquatch should sound like.  I'm just not able to believe this is anything other than a human making what they think are Sasquatch sounds.  Had he gone out of the tent and gotten and image of the producer of the sounds I may feel different, or my suspicions may have been proven right.  Maybe that why he never leaves the tent.

Hey, it's just my take on this recording, obviously others have a different take on it, and that's what makes it all so interesting.

I did hear the name Mike clearly amongst the other vocals. I've heard whoops in my groups recordings that correspond to the one done just after the "Mike" I hear. So maybe whoops are a sort of "hello". I also know of another researcher who claimed to have a close encounter with one in the Big Thicket National forest here in Texas, whom described a roar that was continuous during exhale and inhale. Did anyone hear that in this recording? 

SY - yes, the vocalization continued on inhale, not just exhale ... hopefully that's what you're asking. 

The vocalizations I've heard were longer range communication, at least a quarter mile away, not apparently up close like this.  Totally different feel to them as well.

I'm not sure what this is, real, hoax, or misidentification, but "it" sounds kind of "odd", agitated or something, and I'd hesitate to go to sleep with something making those noises nearby especially if I believed they were directed towards me.

MIB

Edited by MIB

In a lighter opinion it sounds to me like a person or Squatch is having a bad early morning and cursing the rain and life in general. lol  What the estimated distance to this sound source stated anywhere, either in this video or others by him, he said the first calls would be on the other recording which I am not privy to, just wondered how close this was. It sounds very very close, and I am not a scaredy cat but if something making these sounds was close by I would be concerned whether it was a human or not. These sounds from a human would cause me concern as to his mental state or if he was injured and hurting badly or such. And if they were from a non human creature, I would hope that I had the courage to see what was making them. I'm not familiar with the author of the video and don't know how he does things and whether he is comfortable enough around whatever it was to just listen. But that takes me back to why didnt he see what it was.

It's sound's like it's mouth is right next to the recorder. Listen to the ringing coming from it. In my opinion it's not beyond human vocal range. That breathing in the video people can do. I have done that, so have my kid's making animal sound's. It isn't hard to do.  

I've never heard (that I was aware of) any BF vocals except recorded audios. But I am not even sure that that matters in regards to this video. It so obviously sounds within human ranges that it is somewhat comical. There are other audios that make you kinda go, hmmmm.... This one doesn't even come close IMO....not an expert by any means. Like a few others have said.....how close was this? Sounds close. Who sleeps through these type vocals? And why not go check it out? Unless.....you are already aware of what is making the vocals. To me this is more significant than what they are or aren't. I just can't get my head wrapped around hearing these vocals and sleeping through it and/or not trying to check it out.....and I just may be the world's biggest chicken. LOL I believe at the least if I thought they were real, my backside would be leaving....in a hurry....

....nor would I expect a human or humanlike entity to have uniform behavior or expressions....

these vocals do not seem to be normal bigfoot behavior, if there is normal bigfoot behavior.....

The range of sounds that many very credible reporters have attributed to BF is so great that it doesn't seem really possible to characterize what's normal for them, or what's uniform behavior (so that's why I quoted SY and daveedoe; I thought those were great points). 

I've only heard two vocalizations in my brief experience so far out there with our friends, and those vocalizations were growl-like sounds, on two separate occasions. 

So in that three-blind-men-and-an-elephant story, I've barely touched a whisker on the elephant. And I think a lot of us -- even more experienced people -- are in a similar position. It's just hard to know the whole story, or to get to a place where one could reasonably conclude the whole story had been told.   :)

...why didnt he see what it was.

PB (and Mockingbird), the guy who recorded these sounds has allegedly been listening to sounds like them for a while now. He says he has connected with the individual making them, so they're not strangers.   :)  If what he says is true, he's way past the jumping-out-of-the-tent stage with this, and also past the worst of the fear. He has also said that the sound-making intensifies after he goes into his tent, so he stays in the tent, so as to have more stuff to record. 

About these sounds being within the range of human sound (whatever that means, exactly; I'm not an audio expert): I think Sasquatch do make sounds within our range. That's what can make it confusing to figure out who's making what sounds. (That's what you were saying, right, SY?) Scott Nelson believes they can vocalize in our "range", but deliberately excludes that kind of audio from his research, precisely because including it causes too many arguments. He wants audio that's unambiguously, indisputably theirs, and he can only do that by excluding audio that could have been produced either by them or by us. 

But again, that doesn't mean they're not fully capable of creating sounds that exactly replicate what a human would (or could) produce.

Bipedalist, your comment about the thing that's missing from the audio echoes what Alex has said, too, and your two comments are the only ones that give me pause here.... And I appreciate your not saying more about the thing that's missing, and your reasons for not saying more. 

But it does make me nervous.   :)

Edited by LeafTalker
  • Upvote 2

Great thread idea and thanks for the detailed posts.  Plussed Leaftalker very informative!

I voted kind of b/c as I have not  that close of a recording of anything similar but do have recordings at greater distance of whoops and a mixture of howling/yelling... very vocal and sometimes long sessions that can last hours or a repetitive type howl/yell.  i have also heard what sounded almost like laughter.

Edited by apehuman

....nor would I expect a human or humanlike entity to have uniform behavior or expressions....

these vocals do not seem to be normal bigfoot behavior, if there is normal bigfoot behavior.....

The range of sounds that many very credible reporters have attributed to BF is so great that it doesn't seem really possible to characterize what's normal for them, or what's uniform behavior (so that's why I quoted SY and daveedoe; I thought those were great points). 

I've only heard two vocalizations in my brief experience so far out there with our friends, and those vocalizations were growl-like sounds, on two separate occasions. 

So in that three-blind-men-and-an-elephant story, I've barely touched a whisker on the elephant. And I think a lot of us -- even more experienced people -- are in a similar position. It's just hard to know the whole story, or to get to a place where one could reasonably conclude the whole story had been told.   :)

...why didnt he see what it was.

PB (and Mockingbird), the guy who recorded these sounds has allegedly been listening to sounds like them for a while now. He says he has connected with the individual making them, so they're not strangers.   :)  If what he says is true, he's way past the jumping-out-of-the-tent stage with this, and also past the worst of the fear. He has also said that the sound-making intensifies after he goes into his tent, so he stays in the tent, so as to have more stuff to record. 

About these sounds being within the range of human sound (whatever that means, exactly; I'm not an audio expert): I think Sasquatch do make sounds within our range. That's what can make it confusing to figure out who's making what sounds. (That's what you were saying, right, SY?) Scott Nelson believes they can vocalize in our "range", but deliberately excludes that kind of audio from his research, precisely because including it causes too many arguments. He wants audio that's unambiguously, indisputably theirs, and he can only do that by excluding audio that could have been produced either by them or by us. 

But again, that doesn't mean they're not fully capable of creating sounds that exactly replicate what a human would (or could) produce.

Bipedalist, your comment about the thing that's missing from the audio echoes what Alex has said, too, and your two comments are the only ones that give me pause here.... And I appreciate your not saying more about the thing that's missing, and your reasons for not saying more. 

But it does make me nervous.   :)

Yes you understood what I was saying. From my perspective I can't say what is indisputably bigfoot or normal behavior even if I had made dozens of direct observations. It would give me pause or doubt If I had been communicating intelligently with them in multiple languages, then heard this one sounding rather unsophisticated, but even then I'd have to recognize that developent of such communication is highly nurtured and if it weren't there during childhood developement then the bigfoot or wildpeople might act just like this. So it's kninda like a box of chocolates. LOL

This is why with a more general observation of the production vowel sounds and characteristics we could say these sounds are the same as many others because of the anatomy they infer, but it terms of behavior I think it can vary as much as we do.

Edited by southernyahoo

Thanks, southernyahoo. That analysis seems spot on, to me! I always love how you're able to weigh evidence and place it in the proper perspective, either as it relates to the other evidence out there, or as it relates to the overall information gathering process itself. And you do it so succinctly. You rock! :)

P.S. Apehuman, that's awesome you heard laughter. I think that's the most precious sound of all, and the one I most want to hear someday. :)

Edited by LeafTalker

Guest Cervelo

I voted no, but have heard plenty of sounds that many would conclude is Bigfoot, just about everytime I go in the woods.

Edited by Cervelo

• 3 weeks later...

Several years ago I got a recording in an extremely active area.  I am not a researcher just an observer and there was a small group of us on this particular visit to a friend's house. 

I had lots of hours on my digital recorder so I waited til I got home to listen and then download it.  When I discovered what I had, I immediately called my friend who was blown away.  The owner of the property also heard it over the phone and she was not happy, which is another subject....

This was the sound of a creature with a lung capacity that would rattle your bones and vibrate glass.  It started out with yotes and then the chorus came in with a huge howl that hurt your ears if the volume was turned up.  It was not a yote, not a wolf, and sounded like a big person imitating a wolf.

Everyone that listened said it was not a wolf.  When I tried to get it downloaded to the puter, something went kablooey.  The recorder did not function properly nor would it turn off when I tried to stop it.  The thing started a high pitch whine sound and would not quit no matter how many times I pushed "stop"  so I pulled the back off (which was probably wrong or the bigfoot curse struck) take your pick.  After that nothing, the recorder just blew up...........  It was dead.   I tried every geek I knew to see if the data could be recovered.  I called every puter dude as well here and in a large city. 

I still have it and maybe someday someone will figure it out.  I bought a new Olympus afterwards and maybe I'll get something, but I'm not worried about it.

I wanted to taken a listen but when I click on it, it says that this video is private.

I saw it a couple months ago...it was a lot like this one: