N A W A C - Field Study Discussion

slabdog

OK, I am totally fine with  that, and tried to get back on topic with the question about the Ponds.

Gearman, have you been to X?

Are there ponds in close proximity of X?

Or is there a year round stream for cooling and drinking?

Gearman, have you been to X?

Are there ponds in close proximity of X?

Or is there a year round stream for cooling and drinking?

Yes Drew, regardless of exact location I not know but I have been on probably every side of it numerous times over the last 5 years. The last 5 years would be me being conscious of Bigfoot around the area and me researching and sight seeing. Prior to that I used to hit the nearby Talimena Scenic drive when ever I could as I had first been to it in the 1980's and fell in love with the Ouachita's ! My wife and I in the early 1990's were up on Hwy 1 and saw a very very large Black bear cross the road and it had to be one of the original Minnesota transplants. As far as bears are concerned, the smaller brown phase native OK black bear have returned even to Central Oklhoma now.  When Finding Bigfoot were in Yukon / OKC area they thought they were tracking a fresh set of BF tracks and against the words of one of our locals guys telling them it was a bear, they insulted the local guy , told him he full of it and they proceeded to catch up to the bear that lef tthe tracks!  Egg on FACE to the Finding BF guys

Ponds, not so much , its all small mountains and valleys mostly unless in a flat valley but little need of cattle stock ponds due to numerous natural creeks and rivers that run year aound even in droughts.

Yes Parkie quite a handsome human ;)

Edited by GEARMAN

Yes Parkie quite a handsome human ;)

You may find there are more sceptics on here than you previously thought!

Swim with the copperheads and water moccasin when you canoe on the Illinois River.  Jump off the metal bridge, have lunch on a sandbar and sun yourself dry.  Then in the evening you can go have dinner at the Fin and Feather near Lake Tenkiller.

What a day!!!! 

Sorry, didn't mean to derail, the video brought back memories.....

Gearman,

I don't know who told you that, but it's not true. I was present 24/7 for the entire OK Finding Bigfoot shoot, and at no point were any tracks ever followed.

PS: there were NO bear tracks nor bears seen during that entire shoot.

Gearman,

I don't know who told you that, but it's not true. I was present 24/7 for the entire OK Finding Bigfoot shoot, and at no point were any tracks ever followed.

PS: there were NO bear tracks nor bears seen during that entire shoot.

Matt , were you present for the follow up onsite for the photo's taken by a witness? PM me if you like.

Yes, I was there. I was the stand-in for the CGI bigfoot that was used in postproduction. It rained on us all day that day, and I got a production vehicle stuck in some ruthless mud. PM me if you have any questions. There have been new developments on those photos, but it's not my case to divulge info. I'll see if I can post those here, or if the investigator plans on posting the results himself.

WRT to ponds, there are a couple of places in the creek where there's water year-round. It's nasty and black and snake-infested, but it's water. In previous years, the creek has gone very low. In some places, it appears to be dry, but it's really underground. Pops in and out. Also, there are a number of natural springs in the area (which I believe is common for the whole range). 

I was out bigfooting last week and just waded through way too many pages.

Her statement was that the Ouachitas in Oklahoma fell under the Arkansas National Forest declaration in 1907, which it did not.

I wish she would come on here and correct that.

Actually Drew, I made no such statement.  What I said exactly was "By 1908, the Forest Preserve that would become the Ouachita National Forest was established and protecting lands from over harvest." I never stated that included or excluded the Oklahoma side, because frankly the sources that I read didn't indicate one way or another.  However, I don't really think it matters if the Arkansas side was protected before the Oklahoma side, cause I'm pretty sure wood apes don't know state borders. Point was - by 1908, a very large portion of the Ouachita Mountains were being regulated from over harvest very near, if not including, Area X.

Further, I heard from some folks from the Historic Society that I emailed and they verified what Painthorse already said - eastern OK was never even 50% clearcut. In fact, they noted that there is still roughly 14,000 acres of virgin forest in McCurtain County (never been touched) and provided a long list of old growth stands in multiple counties in eastern OK.

In case it isn't clear, no one is arguing that logging or other human influences on the land didn't have any affect on all flora and fauna - of course it did. It did so in every state of the Union. However, it is very clear that there was plenty of habitat available in eastern OK (and western AR) for wood apes to survive (likely though in smaller numbers) from when Europeans first arrived to modern day.  To continue to argue the point is simply just arguing.

• Upvote 1

You have year round source of water.

What do you believe, as a group, that the bulk of the Ape's caloric intake comes from?