N A W A C - Field Study Discussion

slabdog

Guest Cervelo

As always....follow the money ;)

$9.50 to visit his center

$2500.00 to go on a bear excursion

http://www.minnpost.com/earth-journal/2013/07/if-bear-research-justifies-his-privileges-lynn-rogers-might-show-us-results

Not sure what scientific contribution he is making to the study of bears.

Other than if they see you as a provider of food as opposed to a food source you might not become bear poop.....but if you just leave them alone... walla no problem....does that make me a bear expert?

But I'll agree this guy could tell ya what bear farts smell like that's for sure LOL!!

But to get back on topic here are some bear sounds...

Edited by Cervelo

Bipto - have you walked around "X" proclaiming loudly that you are planning to chase down and attack any 'wood apes' with a homemade kukri?

We've placed things out like squeaky dog toys and fruit on occasion in hopes they'd engage with them. The fruit either turns up missing or is nibbled on by other critters. In the case of the squeaky balls, one totally disappeared, a few were seemingly left alone, and one was buried nearby and only found when one of our guys stepped on it. In addition, a few teams have reported hearing squeaking noises from the balls. We have no way of knowing for sure what has been interacting with them. 

Edited by bipto

^10-4.  Was curious about it.  Since they seem to have an affinity toward your firewood, would your group consider setting up a firewood gifting station?

Also, another question - Just to clarify - does the NAWAC website have any sort of disclaimer on it that reads similar to "This website is for entertainment purposes only and accounts provided are fictional"?  Or the like?

I don't want to sound like a jerk, but thought it was a pertinent question - I'm pretty sure I know the answer, but wanted to get your response.

Thx Bipto.

Since they seem to have an affinity toward your firewood, would your group consider setting up a firewood gifting station?

No, we'd rather they come to us and get it if they want it. 

...does the NAWAC website have any sort of disclaimer on it that reads similar to "This website is for entertainment purposes only and accounts provided are fictional"?  Or the like?

Absolutely not.

Here is a new Facebook post today from Texas Parks&Wildlife about a wild black bear cub ( native brown phase) in the Texas panhandle. To my previous point about Bear being across Oklahoma now , not just in the SE.  It is often said the Bigfoot habitat requirements are same as Bear..so here ya go.. 

post-1911-0-63676500-1375816274_thumb.jp