Question About Cliff Barackman

Not sure where to post this but what do folks around here think of him? I noticed that he's got a DVD out about Bigfooting and wonder if anyone has or intends to see it? I admit that at times he gets on my nerves but other times he has some interesting things to say.

He says the video is how it is really done and there's nobody standing around say 'Did you hear that?' all the time.

Anyway, if this is in the wrong area or has been covered, please send me that way beacause I haven't found anything here or on the net about it (other than Cliff saying how good it is).

Many thanks.

Guest JiggyPotamus

He is one of the few researchers in this field, who have national exposure, that I trust. This is definitely not a person who would hoax evidence, or anything like that which would tarnish his reputation. I admit I don't even know all that much about him, or everything he has done regarding bigfoot, but from what I have seen he seems like a relatively level-headed researcher. I will admit however that I have heard him say a couple of things on "Finding Bigfoot" that seemed to be erroneous in that he was jumping to conclusions in my opinion, stating these things as if they were fact. 

I think that someone in his position must be extremely careful about what they say because individuals who know little to nothing of bigfoot and bigfoot research in general are not going to understand certain statements that seem like fact, which in actuality are just ideas that are widely accepted. So I think there are certain things he should have explained better, but for all I know the television network could have cut out much of his personal statements. 

I have always thought that anyone who has a large stage for spreading knowledge to the "uninitiated" in regards to sasquatch must present themselves, and whatever information they have, in a delicate manner. I say this because bigfooters in general do not have a very good reputation among those who are not involved in the field, and who know nothing of sasquatch. Even saying something as simple as "sasquatch are nocturnal," could draw strange reactions out of the public, because without explaining "why" we believe this to be the case, these outsiders could think that we are just making stuff up basically...

I did not know he had a DVD out, but it does not surprise me I suppose. There are certain individuals who make money from sasquatch whose actions do not bother me, and this man is one of those people. This is because I get the sense that he is doing the right thing, and really wants to advance the field, not just make a buck off of sasquatch. There are others who are doing similar things to Cliff who seem to be more about making money. So I support making money as a secondary action to being involved in sasquatch research, but I do not support those who think first of making money from sasquatch research, with the actual research coming second.

Barackman is one of the few well-known researchers I trust/respect, more-so than Moneymaker or Fay.  Almost up there with Dr, Meldrum.

FWIW, I'm neutral on Ms Holland.

Cliff expresses an almost child-like sense of wonder at the natural world. Whether climbing a tree, or finding a bison with night vision gear, or whatever, his attitude is contagious. He is obviously having fun and seems to delight in bringing others along for the ride. None of this is to suggest he is not serious, just that he doesn't seem to take himself too seriously.

Admin

Jiggy, that was spot on. I also agree with everyone elses take on Cliff. I'd love to hang out, or better yet, do some research with him.

Don't know him personally, although did correspond years pre-FB and thought his responses were more professional than many.  

I haven't watched but a few episodes of FB (I don't care for the show)..although he comes off the most intelligent and reasonable.  

Check out his blog though, for his personal (maybe with assistance) review of some episodes or particular evidence and it is solid relative to most.  

I personally have high hopes for him and that a better venue or funding comes along.  I haven't an idea of his personal goals, maybe he is already star-struck and that's what the "roadtrip" is about, time will tell.

I have never heard a negative tirade about him from others, which is fairly amazing!. 

plussed you JiggyPotamus

and to some others above..I agree - he seems level headed and someone I wouldn't mind being in the field with.

Edited by apehuman

He seems like he knows his stuff, and he's honest.

And he's a hell of a guitar player, which is bonus points, for sure. xD

Yeah he seems pretty good but at times he can be fairly snobbish about the whole thing when someone questions him (at least on the show). But overall I think he does a pretty fair job.

I was just wondering if anyone else thought about getting the DVD and since I haven't been able to find anything I just assumed that to be a no. I'll probably end up ordering it because I'm pretty much a sucker for anything Bigfoot.

I've talked with friends about the Finding Bigfoot show and everyone seems split as to which of the cast they would like to go out on a search with.

I like what Cliff brings to FB as he is explains stuff better than the others and is more reasonable too. Can anyone confirm that he left the BFRO? I saw that he had somewhere.

Guest ChrisBFRPKY

Cliff is a heck of a nice guy. We had him on Squatchdetective Radio just before the Finding Bigfoot episodes began to air. I like him and he seems as honest a guy as you'll ever meet. He made a bad call on some bear tracks once but that was a mistake, a simple misidentification. I'm sure Cliff has honed his tracking skills since then. Who hasn't made a mistake? I make at least one or two a day. His video should be top shelf IMO. Chris B.