Question About Cliff Barackman

Any guy who "gets" Jerry Garcia and the boys as much as he does, is somebody who has the requisite sense of curiosity to get this thing done, I'll just predict. I've never heard a serious tour head tell anyone, "Naah, that's impossible." As far as cultural norms go, the Dead Heads have always been way ahead of the curve on embracing possibilities. Just sayn'. In a lot of ways they are also like folks with an interest in BF: Easily lampooned with stereotypes that merely serve to highlight the paucity of understanding. The Dead were (and still are) a brief shining moment in our culture, and that becomes only more clear the Further we get. 

WSA, I wondered how many people got the "Sugaree" reference on FB when Bobo was to shake a tree during a recreation?!!

Guest HarryLime

It seems like Cliff made another Dead reference on the show aside from Sugaree...I re-call him maybe saying "Tennessee, ain't no place I'd rather be"...but there was one more. Just can't think of it...?

After all, the man does have a degree in Jazz Guitar. Cheers

Just don't tell them that you know my name...

I think those were the only 2 references I remember Harry. 

So has anyone listened to his guitar playing?  It was very hokey when they threw him in the square dance episode.  He looked lost on the strings there.

Edited by Goonygoogoo

Cliff is a helluva dude. Honest, engaging, transparent, objective, etc. The Bigfoot Roadtrip DVD is entertaining, btw.

I haven't seen the DVD yet, but I can join in and say I think Cliff is a genuine and honest guy. Very earnest. The best thing about watching Finding Bigfoot is seeing a good guy like Cliff get paid to do what he loves. 

When I met him for my appearance on the show I was so over taken in conversation that the filming of the show going on felt secondary,  if I had the chance I would have sat there and picked his mind for many days.

He is honest, very intelligent, scientific and very easy to be around , I wish there was more like him.

He mentioned me in the field notes of his blog and said I reminded him of a younger version of himself , I felt honored to be considered worthy of mention and I find myself aspiring to be more like all the time.

We still are in contact often on our latest field operations and reports. 

It seems like Cliff made another Dead reference on the show aside from Sugaree...I re-call him maybe saying "Tennessee, ain't no place I'd rather be"...but there was one more. Just can't think of it...?

We might have to start a whole 'nother thread on the Dead/BF nexus. Who can avoid mentioning "Brown-Eyed Women?"

"Tumbled down shack, in Big Foot County..."

We might have to start a whole 'nother thread on the Dead/BF nexus. Who can avoid mentioning "Brown-Eyed Women?"

"Tumbled down shack, in Big Foot County..."

If that's not the most underrated Dead song, show me your nomination.  ("Truckin'" gets you an smh.)

I think that's evidence right up there with P/G.  You don't?  Here.  Take one of these.  No, the green ones.

Have to plus "B.I.W." DWA.  I've got a recording somewhere of The Waybacks covering that. Stirring.

Also heard Ryan Adams doing a jam-up rendition of "Bird Song" this morning, which always puts me in mind of what a Sasquatch might reply to a challenge that his species might not be cutting it, evolutionarily speaking, on comparison to his over-achieving relations :

"Tell me, all that you know. I'll show you, snow and rain."