The Ketchum Report (Part 3)

Guest Admin

It doesn't even matter who is right or wrong in this battle,the damage is done,scientist will not touch this even if they had a sample that was a BF sample,they would be attacked using the same methods to discredit it as with this one,

It should be possible to test samples without any suggestion of bigfoot. The methods should provide unambiguous results. Scientists that don't want to touch this subject would have a tough job on their hands not knowing what animal a sample is from when that is the question.  They won't know before they know in other words.  ;)

SY - Melba told practically everyone, including folks not under the NDA, that she started the study before Paulides came along. JavaBob and Stubstad predated Paulides' involvement, so let's not give Dave more credit than deserved. Certainly, the interview on C2C really got the ball rolling faster, but it was already rolling.

As for Sykes' funding, you're making assumptions. See today's statement here: http://bigfootology.com/

She had people from time to time send samples hoping it was bigfoot but she says those all were found to be known animals. If you listen to the coast to coast episodes it was the sample from Paulides and the Hoopa Valley that sparked her curiosity. Paulides still takes credit for starting the study and Ketchum sure didn't correct him on it while on Coast to Coast.

http://www.nabigfootsearch.com/bigfoot_dna.html

Test Results
Everyone involved in the DNA study that NABS started is locked into a non-disclosure agreement that does not allow any of the participants from releasing data to the public. 

Sykes says he spent his own money testing the samples, but also says he's done doing it Pro bono. No assumptions there  

I thought Ketchum said ALL of her data was out when the paper published.... then more came out last week. Now she is saying even more is coming?

Chelefoot, I think some of the data would be held at some of the outsourced labs. Labs like FamilyTree stores the raw data for their customers who are tracing their ancestry. Not sure how they are handling the human part of the genomes. I think some of the "data" are actually screen shots from the various tool analyses to show quality assessment. So the Term may be taking on different meanings. Some short sequences from other labs are being posted that were testing in parallel for certain samples.

SY - I can't tell you how many conversations I've had with Melba in which she said without a doubt that the study began before Paulides. Of course, she did not correct him on the air - that would have been awkward and I think she would have had a greater sense of stage presence than to have done that. And my conversations with her took place long after that interview. It was a bone of contention with her that people thought she didn't start doing anything until he came along. You've pulled a quote from the NABS site - that does not mean that Melba agreed with it.. I don't agree with how she has handled herself or her study, but there are some points on which I will stand up for her ... and one is the false idea that Paulides/NABS started the study. 

Well you would have to have knowledge of specific samples and when they were submitted. Which was the earliest samples that were positive and were in the study? She wouldn't have started a study on negative samples. The earliest I knew that she would even test sas samples was when she was featured on Destination truth in the fall of 2009. 

Paulides had written in his first book The Hoopa Project (published in 2008) that he had a lab testing his samples. He wouldn't divulge the name at that point. His earliest sample submission was made in early 2008 if I recall. 

Ketchum claims a five year study, so that adds up.

Edited by southernyahoo

Wow, are you really going to argue this point? Seriously. Pick up the phone and call her and ask her. She WILL set you straight on this point. I bet if I totalled the amount of time she and I discussed this very point over the year-plus I worked with her, it would easily add up to two hours. 

I know about Stubstad and his affiliations but don't have dates for when those samples were tested. I also know her thoughts about Biscardi, whom she didn't know the way the rest of this community did.

When asked the status of Genbank uploading her data, she responded:

Melba Ketchum  It takes several days for each genome and then you wait for approval. I have to wait to hear from the bioinformaticist at the University of Texas. He also has to line up to use the supercomputer that they use for such uploads so we are forced to be patient.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dr-Melba-Ketchum/359075637446173?ref=br_tf

Anyone here ever had something uploaded to Genbank? Is a "supercomputer" required?