The Ketchum Report (Part 3)

Guest Admin

Guest Darrell

I thought Amazon was stopping the publiction of "those" type of books, lol. I think it makes her appear even more credible. Only in the bigfoot world.

• 2 weeks later...

Cryptomundo, Craig Woolheater on 24 Jan 2014 posted a letter from Dr. Sykes
that I found ... enjoyable: 

"Dear xxxx,

"Thanks for your email. I am well aware of Dr Ketchum’s claims.
However, ... "

Ketchum.......

Sykes wrote me one time and wanted to meet with me. I said sure and even offered to take him to where he could see a Sasquatch, but he backed out. He could have accessed all of my data and samples, but chose not to do so

I can vouch for one of those samples he didn't take the opportunity on. He knew it was in her study, so didn't try to replicate the findings when he had the chance.

Not trying to replicate her findings with your sample SY is one of the reasons why I have posted my thoughts on the Brit Bomber being interested in only debunking the wild man

Edited by GEARMAN

The letter posted on Cryptomundo ... sounds like he read her paper. 

Outside of Oxford & geneticists, Dr. Sykes is well known for his best selling books on

using DNA to investigate human history. Five (or more?) of his books are in publication,

don't know if they were all best sellers. But perhaps he could make a pretty good living

as an author. 

He requested samples of unproved hominins from around the world, including Bigfoot.

Let's suppose he comes to the end of that project; no more cryptid primates; he's done

with them. 

BigFoot, two possible results: 

1. He found NO Bigfoot. As a scientist, he knows this does not disprove the creature. I

doubt he'd bother to write a book or even an article about it. Maybe a press release to

answer the queries. "All the samples were of known animals or humans." 

2. One or more samples tested positive for primate, not found in the gene bank. He's got

Bigfoot and he knows it. He goes back to the folks who submitted the samples, visits the

areas where samples were taken. If submitter is a habituator, he may even See the creature.

If he knows Bigfoot is real, what will he do: Sit on it? Deny it? Or write another Best Seller?  

Lots of people have an axe to grind against those who believe in Sasquatch. But if you live

in England where the controversy is not very relevant, why bother? GB is not an extension

of the USA.

Guest Darrell

Not trying to replicate her findings with your sample SY is one of the reasons why I have posted my thoughts on the Brit Bomber being interested in only debunking the wild man

Is that so wrong? If he couldnt find anything to substantiate bigfoot DNA why is he in the wrong? Was it up to Sykes to debunk or verify Ketchum's findings? Remember not so long ago how Sykes was going to fix everything Ketchum did wrong and prove your wild man to be real? And when it couldnt be now he is being less than creditable with his findings? Really?

The letter posted on Cryptomundo ... sounds like he read her paper. 

Outside of Oxford & geneticists, Dr. Sykes is well known for his best selling books on
using DNA to investigate human history. Five (or more?) of his books are in publication,
don't know if they were all best sellers. But perhaps he could make a pretty good living
as an author. 

He requested samples of unproved hominins from around the world, including Bigfoot.
Let's suppose he comes to the end of that project; no more cryptid primates; he's done
with them. 

BigFoot, two possible results: 

1. He found NO Bigfoot. As a scientist, he knows this does not disprove the creature. I
doubt he'd bother to write a book or even an article about it. Maybe a press release to
answer the queries. "All the samples were of known animals or humans." 

2. One or more samples tested positive for primate, not found in the gene bank. He's got
Bigfoot and he knows it. He goes back to the folks who submitted the samples, visits the
areas where samples were taken. If submitter is a habituator, he may even See the creature.

If he knows Bigfoot is real, what will he do: Sit on it? Deny it? Or write another Best Seller?  

Lots of people have an axe to grind against those who believe in Sasquatch. But if you live
in England where the controversy is not very relevant, why bother? GB is not an extension
of the USA.

He could be willing to look into whether BF is a type of human, as this is part of the story of one of Rhetman's sample providers IIRC.

Kwit had also tested human prior to Sykes via Disotell.  The problem there would be proof. So he may not write a paper on that.

^ If Bf is another race of Homo sapiens, with or without one nucleotide 

polymorphism Chimp, that'd make him waay hard to prove, as others

have said. Only a type specimen, dead or alive, would do it. 

Sykes expressed an interest in the date of Zana's people coming out

of Africa. If he discovers something interesting, historically significant,

I'm sure he'll write it up. 

Then, too, there are likely Almasty out there, unproven. If a fresh sample 

shows up in some lab as 10% Neandertal or Denisovan? That would shake. 

I agree it would be tough to prove fully human with small amounts of mtDNA. Though what we see as BF would have to have differences somewhere in it's DNA. It may not be in the targets in the genome we use for species ID. Sykes is familiar with the targets in nuDNA that could be responsible for it. I'm just not sure he has the samples to find it.

Do any of the BFF members know for certain how many times Dr. Sykes visited the DOI's U.S. F&WS forensic lab in Ashland, and the approximate dates of those visits?

BFF Patron

http://bigfootology.com/?p=1617

Some mention on the bigfootology website about the timelines.