Food Gifts

Just wondering, for those that have had success leaving food items as gifts for Bigfoot...

What items have seemed to be the most popular and favorite of the big guys??

So far I've had success with apples (red & yellow), peanut butter, peanut brittle, honey buns, swiss rolls, granola bars and roasted peanuts.

I've tried garlic, onions and radishes with no success.

Any suggestions??

The favorite item here was excess eggs from my hens. I left them some dewberry cobbler, watermelon, & fried cornbread cakes a few times that they liked.

They also take corn, sweet potatoes & peas from the garden & help themselves to peaches & apples from the trees, although these aren't exactly "gifts".

After awhile they stopped taking much & I stopped leaving gifts.

Guest JiggyPotamus

I don't have any direct experience in this area, but I would think that there are a large variety of items, edible or not, that a sasquatch would take. But probably something sweet. I would think that staying away from things that are really artificial, like candy or something, would be a good idea. Maybe test the stuff on your dog if you have one. There are certain foods that my dog won't eat, including certain vegetables, and certain things that just don't seem like food, especially certain candies. But I don't by any means give my dog lots of sweets. Two times he got into something chocolate, and for the rest of the day, and the day after that, he will be sick. 

Anyway, getting back to bigfoot, I have a question for you, as well as for anyone else who leaves things for bigfoot. How do you know that it is bigfoot that is taking the stuff? Considering the amount of animals of all shapes and sizes that can be found in a typical forested area, the odds are MUCH greater that it is not bigfoot that is taking whatever has been left. Of course the easiest way to tell would be tracks left at the particular location where the food was left, but without that, and without visual evidence such as a trail cam pic or something, I just don't see how one would think it was bigfoot.

Even IF there have been sightings in the exact area, I would think it is virtually impossible to tell who has taken the stuff. What I would personally do is this, if I were in this situation. I would make sure the soil around the entire location was soft. Maybe cover it in soft sand, something that will collect a track. THAT would be the ultimate way to tell what is coming up. I would place the items on a stump or on a piece of wood, something that is a foot or two off of the ground, if not more. 

I would also choose an area that had no trees in the immediate area, because animals like squirrels and racoons could use these to get to the food, without travelling on the ground and leaving prints. However, if the items that were left are not food, then the possibility that it was taken by a normal animal diminishes considerably. Most animals have no interest in non-food related items. But the spreading of soft dirt around the area is still a good idea. Even something like flour could be used, if the right type of dirt or sand is not available. I suppose one could also place the objects very high, say on a post or a landscaping timber that is posted in the ground. A small animal can still climb a pole, especially squirrels, so the dirt would still be a good idea. This way the only animals that can get up that high are few in number. So basically I would make sure that anything that came into the area would leave tracks, as it would have to go over the ground to reach the items that were left.

Has anyone ever tried something like this? Surely they have, but I haven't heard of the results. I would be interested in learning of different experiences. I mean getting a sasquatch to leave tracks is a pretty big deal. It is not easy to find tracks out in the forests, unless one gets lucky. I would be curious as to whether a sasquatch would avoid the area because it realizes it would leave tracks. Probably not, but some people think these animals do things like this.

But for someone who is assuming a sasquatch is taking certain objects, the dirt idea will either confirm or deny their assumptions. So even if a person is sure that it is a sasquatch, attempting to collect track evidence in this manner is a good idea, if only to capture some type of evidence. If the dirt is thick enough, the track might possible be cast, but soft dirt of that nature is probably not the best material to cast in. But at the very least photographs could be taken, or even video, with a person for scale, etc... I am not saying that it is not a sasquatch that you are having experiences with, because I don't know your situation or what you have experienced. I am simply asking how you know it is a sasquatch that is taking what you leave out for them.

Someone should leave a 6er of elephant beer or some southern comfort.

Maybe then one will come staggering out of the woods and pass out so as to get it into the f100 and into town. 

Or some shrooms

You talk about messin with sasquatch....

Edited by SummitSquatch

Feeding wild animals is not a good idea for many reasons.  In addition, many counties and states have restrictions against doing so. 

I suggest gifting marbles and wooden trinkets. 

Without addressing the "issues" of feeding BFs...  Frosted Minwheats unopened were a favorite....  and left me with some indication who had opened the box, as over time it shifted from puncture and tear, to opening much like we do... where the plastic is pulled apart (like a bag of chips)...

Honey is probably a better choice for sweets though..or any sweet without refined sugars, like fruits...only b/c we don't know how BFs handle many of our processed foods..

almost every state/county/forest management area does have differing regulations on feeding "wildlife" ..many directed at property owners... so, beyond staying within the law... follow your own compass I suppose...I don't think anyone really has the "book" on feeding BFs in this context...and of course...if push came to shove...are you feeding wildlife/game animals...or a type of people..as many of these regulations rely on intent as well...knowingly feeding game animals or varmints.......what category do BFs fit?

Edited by apehuman

Quoted by JiggyPotamus...

I have a question for you, as well as for anyone else who leaves things for bigfoot. How do you know that it is bigfoot that is taking the stuff? Considering the amount of animals of all shapes and sizes that can be found in a typical forested area, the odds are MUCH greater that it is not bigfoot that is taking whatever has been left. Of course the easiest way to tell would be tracks left at the particular location where the food was left, but without that, and without visual evidence such as a trail cam pic or something, I just don't see how one would think it was bigfoot.

I have to agree that most of the time animals such as raccoons, possums or dogs are snatching up the goodies I leave out. As a matter of fact I have several videos of them doing so. I've got one video of the neighbor’s dog coming over and getting candy bars I'd left out. She also moved a few rocks around I had put in a formation trying to get to the candy. All the time I thought a Bigfoot was getting the candy and leaving me messages by rearranging the rocks. So I left a camera out and found the culprit.
BUT, there are times when I have no doubt it was a Bigfoot. Non food items disappearing then reappearing after several months, footprints right under a gifting bucket I had hanging from a tall limb (not to mention I witnessed that one). Here's a few pictures as its all I have with me on my phone, but I'll try to post the dog video and a video I made documenting the bucket/footprint incident tonight when I get home.

post-856-0-34202000-1375893822_thumb.jpgpost-856-0-48917800-1375893866_thumb.jpgpost-856-0-98309000-1375893959_thumb.jpg

Edited by gcraddock7

Not to sound too stupid here but do any of you worry about bigfoot coming too close to the house? Like everyone, I've read the stories about them trying to break into houses after being offered food or something.

I think it would be tempting to do so (we used to leave food out for deer and other animals) but would that bother you?

Not to sound too stupid here but do any of you worry about bigfoot coming too close to the house? Like everyone, I've read the stories about them trying to break into houses after being offered food or something.

I think it would be tempting to do so (we used to leave food out for deer and other animals) but would that bother you?

Well, believe me the thought is always in the back of my mind. At first I was ready and waiting for rocks to begin hitting the roof and door handles to start jiggling, but a year and a half later it hasn't happened yet. I used to be super nervous and keep the blinds shut at night, but the fears started subsiding. The ones around here seem to be more laid back and quiet than many other experiences I've heard about. When they want you to know they're there you'll know it, but so far they've never come across as intrusive. It's possible they see our home and yard as our area and the woods as theirs. I don't go into the woods too often around my home, but the times that I do I don't feel threatened.

I guess the bottom line is I just can't help it. I know they're there and the urge to learn more about them pulls harder than any fear. Believe me, if I ever felt we were in any danger I would look at things from a different perspective I'm sure.

Very interesting that you have those impressions showing up near your gifting site. 

Looks like you have and ideal thing going here , you should wipe down your gifting bucket of all your finger prints so when your visitors grab it you will get some finger prints or hand prints off of the bucket or wrappers.

You can get a finger printing kit from several companies such as Sirchie evidence collection products.

That will be a very definitive way to figure out if it is a primate going for your gifts.

You can also make extremely effective hair snags from 20 gauge shotgun bore brushes.   Just wear gloves and sterilize the brushes in alcohol and zip tie them to the ends of branches at the places you believe the creatures to be approaching from at the 6 foot mark or more.

Hope you get something even more interesting and we can't wait to hear more. :D

How close is "too close"?

They used to bump the house, scratch on it with sticks, scampered across the roof a few times, had a food fight on the front porch, & pulled the screen door open one morning, not to mention constant window peeping & rocks on the roof. I didn't mind the rocks, & would answer them with a knock on the window sill until they got bored & wandered off. Snapping a picture of the window is a cure for window peeping.....until the next night. It's just a matter of how you view their behavior. If we had been afraid, things would have been different.

The food fight had nothing to do with gifting. Hubby left a bucket full of scraps from cleaning fish sitting by the steps a couple of nights & it was apparently a hit.

Sasfooty that is absolutly amazing! There was actually one night when they did hit the back of our house. It was last Christmas holidays and we'd been out of town for a few days. It was around midnight when we got home and I was unloading our luggage. We'd been home about 10 minutes and my wife and I were in the kitchen talking when we heard (and felt) a huge "thud!" on the back of the house. We both looked at each other and said "What the heck??!!" My wife was afraid someone was in the house so I looked everywhere inside, but everything checked out fine. I had an idea I knew what (or who) it was so I went around the back of our house, but all looked normal. There were no footprints on the ground and no hand prints or marks on the house. Seemed to me like they were saying "Welcome back!". I still can't figure out how they did it withouth leaving any evidence. All I know is it that it shook the walls inside the house.