Food Gifts

Guest Grifter9931

So the juvenile BF's are playing on the roof??

I am not BF experts. 

What kind of ****** ass parenting is that.. 

Osha and Peta would be horrified..  :sarcastic:

Edited by Grifter9931

Well, I don't know what kind of parenting it is, but I never found any dead ones that fell off, so I guess it worked for them.

Guest Grifter9931

Well that makes sense, they seem to bury their dead so you wouldn't see one if any had died falling off the roof...

That's true.

They may have been piled up hip deep out there dead, & I never knew because they carried them off before morning.

By suggested advice from a member here on the forums, I left two sticks in an "X" pattern in my back yard last night on a stump. He said the bigfoot he gifts taught him this is what to use to mark something as a gift. So, I put a small bottle of blow-bubbles next to it. This morning the bottle was about 10 feet away on the ground with bite marks and the liquid all gone. Either a raccoon or a bigfoot got a mouth full of soap last night! Awesome, will try this again...

post-856-0-03554600-1376058977_thumb.jpg

Not to mention my rock arrangement was "adjusted" too...

Before last night...

post-856-0-04484400-1376059112_thumb.jpg

This morning...

post-856-0-21085400-1376059213_thumb.jpg

Did you show them how to blow bubbles before you left the bottle? If you didn't, somebody may think you're trying to poison them.

They're pretty sensitive about things like that. Get insulted easy....

Did you show them how to blow bubbles before you left the bottle? If you didn't, somebody may think you're trying to poison them.

They're pretty sensitive about things like that. Get insulted easy....

What I did is actually walk around my yard blowing bubbles first before leaving them out. There were bubbles all over the yard by time I got through! I just hope they were watching. I've tried this three separate times at my national park location. Twice the bottles completely disappeared and the third time they've yet to touch it after over a month of leaving it there. The bite holes were really small so I'm sorta leaning toward a small animal getting them (although I'm not sure why they would).

Here's a question though... When you guys leave food/non food gifts, how long do you leave it there if its not taken? I don't want the food to go bad waiting for them to take it and end up hurting them.

I would pick it up the next morning & act all offended & wouldn't leave anything for a few days. After the females with the little ones left, the others would hardly ever take anything, so I just stopped bothering.

*** MOD STATEMENT ***

A gentle reminder to remember the BFF Forum Rules regarding respect for all members no matter their stance on this subject matter. 

Thank you,

Ginger

What I'm trying to do is gain they're trust and form some type of relationship/friendship. I don't want to catch one so I can prove something to the world.

They fascinate me and if all I do is feed them honey buns from here on out I'll be happy.

Edited by Ginger
To Edit Objectionable Content

we taught our pet neighborhood boy to just say NO to any marshmellows hanging in trees, or enchanted apples found sitting on stumps.