Food Gifts

I like your hairtrap idea nathan...another I know places mouse sticky glue on stick ends along trail..    

Edited by apehuman

sassfooty, can I ask you how many year's you have had them around your property ? and if you have ever felt threatened by them ?

We'd been home about 10 minutes and my wife and I were in the kitchen talking when we heard (and felt) a huge "thud!" on the back of the house. We both looked at each other and said "What the heck??!!"

That's what they did here. I have a mental picture of them running up to the house, turning around & hitting it with their butts.

I always laughed when they did it.

sassfooty, can I ask you how many year's you have had them around your property ? and if you have ever felt threatened by them ?

We realized they were here in 2005, but they've been here a lot longer, & we just didn't know at the time.

There was one that I felt threatened by, but she wasn't here long.

That's a long time. It seem's as though your pretty much at peace with them then. Is that because you leave them alone ? I don't want to seem intrusive, it's just we are planning on buying property in Tenessee. Between 25 to 50  acres. we have found several places that are secluded and surrounded by forest's. I know there are ton's of sighting's in tennesee. I am trying to learn how to handle a situation if I need to. I am also learning how to deal with bear's.

That's a long time. It seem's as though your pretty much at peace with them then. Is that because you leave them alone ? I don't want to seem intrusive, it's just we are planning on buying property in Tenessee. Between 25 to 50  acres. we have found several places that are secluded and surrounded by forest's. I know there are ton's of sighting's in tennesee. I am trying to learn how to handle a situation if I need to. I am also learning how to deal with bear's.

Sheri, In no way am I asking you to give out personal information that would make you feel uncomfortable, but would you mind telling what general area of Tennessee you are purchasing land in? We're right next to the Smoky Mountains National Park.

We have been looking in seiver, monroe, polk and bradley counties. we prefer to buy in east tennesee. But if we find exactley what were looking for a little farther west it will be okay.

My children have made fun of me since I had my sighting. Last year they gave us a trip to the smokies, and called it the finding bigfoot vacation. we loved it there.

Well if you start feeding them all of the trans fats, and bleached flours, refined sugar, and all of the other horribly unhealthy junk in processed foods, eventually they will be too obese to outrun anyone.

My other suggestion, Opiates. :spiteful:

We have been looking in seiver, monroe, polk and bradley counties. we prefer to buy in east tennesee. But if we find exactley what were looking for a little farther west it will be okay.

My children have made fun of me since I had my sighting. Last year they gave us a trip to the smokies, and called it the finding bigfoot vacation. we loved it there.

Sheri,  Is your sighting listed somewhere on the forum? 

Quoted by JiggyPotamus...

I have a question for you, as well as for anyone else who leaves things for bigfoot. How do you know that it is bigfoot that is taking the stuff? Considering the amount of animals of all shapes and sizes that can be found in a typical forested area, the odds are MUCH greater that it is not bigfoot that is taking whatever has been left. Of course the easiest way to tell would be tracks left at the particular location where the food was left, but without that, and without visual evidence such as a trail cam pic or something, I just don't see how one would think it was bigfoot.

I have to agree that most of the time animals such as raccoons, possums or dogs are snatching up the goodies I leave out. As a matter of fact I have several videos of them doing so. I've got one video of the neighbor’s dog coming over and getting candy bars I'd left out. She also moved a few rocks around I had put in a formation trying to get to the candy. All the time I thought a Bigfoot was getting the candy and leaving me messages by rearranging the rocks. So I left a camera out and found the culprit.

BUT, there are times when I have no doubt it was a Bigfoot. Non food items disappearing then reappearing after several months, footprints right under a gifting bucket I had hanging from a tall limb (not to mention I witnessed that one). Here's a few pictures as its all I have with me on my phone, but I'll try to post the dog video and a video I made documenting the bucket/footprint incident tonight when I get home.

attachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpg

Finally got the videos to upload to youtube! Just to show a couple of examples of how research has it's active days and days where you have to step back, rethink things and start all over.

I had been leaving candy bars and rocks in formations in my back yard for about a month. Every day or so I would come home and find them rearranged. In hopes that a bigfoot was trying to communicate with me, I set up a web cam on my back porch. Just shows you can't win them all!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-7w3Iq8POA&feature=youtu.be

This is a video I made right after Christmas 2012. The tree and bucket can be seen from my front porch, but at night it is extremely dark in that area of our yard. On a good starlit night I can just barely make out the bucket at night. The bucket contained peanut brittle and other snacks. The night before I filmed this I had stepped out onto my porch around 3am and heard a commotion coming from the direction of the tree. It was a very loud crunching and what sounded like the peanut brittle shaking around in the bucket. All I could see is the bucket moving around and lifting up like someone was pouring the contents into their mouth. The weird thing is that the bucket was on the opposite side of the tree from where I had hung it and was suspended in mid air about 7 feet up! I could only see the bucket as it was too dark to make out what was holding it. Like I said, all I could hear was a loud crunching. The next morning I found the bucket hanging right back where I had originally hung it! This video is what we found the next morning... (Please overlook my voice and clothing. It was early morning and we still had our PJ's on and I was sick)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmppTiH0Vbs

We're in Sevier county. The national park is literally right over the mountian we see from our back yard. I can tell you now any area of Sevier county that borders the park will more than likely have Bigfoot activity. Water and food supplies are everywhere here. Over the past three years I've had many experiences while researching this county. The park is highly populated with them. When the Finding Bigfoot show came to Knoxville last fall I was able to take some of the production staff out to one of my research areas in the park. I was also at the "Town Hall" meeting they have on every show. It was an eye opener to actually hear the sighting reports of so many locals and to see how large of an area they actually cover in East TN.

If you have any questions about this area please feel free to message me. If I know of any bigfoot activity in an area your interested in I'd be glad to let you know about it.

tmi0920, haven't posted it yet. I will soon.         gcraddock7, thank you. If I have any question's I will let you know. The smokie's are beautiful. We were there for 4 days and didn't want to leave. We stayed at a cabin just outside Pigeon Forge. We went to see waterfalls, cades cove and Klingmon's dome. Cades  cove was my favorite.                                                                                                        

How close is "too close"?

They used to bump the house, scratch on it with sticks, scampered across the roof a few times, had a food fight on the front porch, & pulled the screen door open one morning, not to mention constant window peeping & rocks on the roof. I didn't mind the rocks, & would answer them with a knock on the window sill until they got bored & wandered off. Snapping a picture of the window is a cure for window peeping.....until the next night. It's just a matter of how you view their behavior. If we had been afraid, things would have been different.

The food fight had nothing to do with gifting. Hubby left a bucket full of scraps from cleaning fish sitting by the steps a couple of nights & it was apparently a hit.

Please don't take this wrong but I would imagine a creature the size of Bigfoot on your roof would cause tremendous noise and very possibly structural damage right?

Guest Grifter9931

I thought they were between 400lbs to 700lbs??

Either way something like that on a roof wood make a bunch of noise??