Tree Manipulation/ Wood Structures: What Is The Evidence?

WSA

Hey Gumshoeye here are several interesting possible tree structures that caught my eye. Photos never do the depth justice.

A few more..

As a matter of relevance to the subject topic, I thought it was interesting that a “stick formation†was cited in the (1996) case of a little 8-year-old boy who went missing in the Yellowstone National Park, Wyoming.  NPS (National Park Service) dedicates 100 employees in the search and they found a strange wood structure one half mile from where the boy was reported missing.  NPS calls FBI for assistance.

Source:  Missing 411, Western United States and Canada, David Paulides, p247-249

Edited by Gumshoeye

BFF Patron

I haven't actually been out in a while, I kind of lost enthusiasm for looking for "structures" after we had a period of ice storms and high winds a couple of years back,......

This is the same reason my productive research zone became nearly impossible to walk through yet detect anything of interest on the forest floor that had been loaded before the series of winter, spring and late fall storms.  

Guest sixxgunner

Seen allot of tree structures growing up in Southeast Ohio that I couldn't explain and far from natural.

As a matter of relevance to the subject topic, I thought it was interesting that a “stick formation†was cited in the (1996) case of a little 8-year-old boy who went missing in the Yellowstone National Park, Wyoming.  NPS (National Park Service) dedicates 100 employees in the search and they found a strange wood structure one half mile from where the boy was reported missing.  NPS calls FBI for assistance.

Source:  Missing 411, Western United States and Canada, David Paulides, p247-249

A little four-year-old girl disappears (1955) from a logging camp in the Kootenai National Forest, Montana. Her brothers and sisters tell their parents “a bear†came into their tent and took the child. They said the bear ran off into the forest hopping on three legs as it carried the child.  A massive search is started and they found the child alive, huddled inside a crude stick structure the next day. The child told her parents she was held by a mother bear.  Searchers say the crude shelter was made of cedar slashings too heavy for the four year-old to lift …  

Source:  Missing 411, Western United States and Canada, David Paulides, p281-282

Edited by Gumshoeye

Thanks Gumshoeye. I have all The Missing 411 books but haven't read the Western yet. I had a couple more to post. The small one on the ground I may have posted before but it really caught my eye  with the number of sticks laying across each other. It brings to mind some kind of headstone type marker. I have lots more I have taken. I don't seek them out but if I see certain geometric shapes I usually take a picture for a point of reference.

post-21068-0-61039700-1425696211.jpg

post-21068-0-63665300-1425696234.jpg

BFF Patron

They are definitely into parallelism and triangular shapes.  That "flying 4" with an "x" is one of the cooler ones I have seen to date.  

I photographed one in a tripartite full grown poplar with a log or limb inserted into it from three differing directions, all proped and proper.

Here it is, and yes those are mountains in the backdrop:  post-86-0-97198700-1425701128.jpg

Edited by bipedalist

BFF Patron

I am looking again at this perfectly balanced locust log in a tree crotch, and I am seeing some background I never analyzed before as 4.  It was within several hundred yards of the last tripartite poplar tree construction in a tree crotch.  

post-86-0-89253500-1425707924.jpg

Edited by bipedalist

^^^

Without meaning there can be no purpose. I see the numeral four but with little imagination I also see the supplementary angle. So, the real mystery rests in the meaning or else there would be purpose.  IMHO

This is where you could use taking us on an inspection of the ground with a vid camera within a 20ft circle of the ends of these, showing no stump it could have naturally broken/fallen from. 

Just saying, than unless it's a "green break" or is too far from the tree/stump for windthrow, you've just gotta shrug and presume it's random.

BFF Patron

Yes, meaning was a conundrum as many of the smaller layouts I documented were perfect equilateral triangle layouts, over and over and over again.  

Some of the tree props I have documented have been sort of impossible as well.   Case in point I measured and found impossible to stand upright in this way without assistance.  

post-86-0-87304200-1425745719_thumb.jpg

I have documented trees leaning on other trees long enough that they have been subsumed by the living bark of the other tree and raised up far off the ground as the ends rot and break off the deadfall seems glued to the exterior of the tree and the deadfall is elevated six feet off the ground but glued to the living tree 20 ft. off the ground, just hanging suspended in midair.  Looking for the picture but it will take more time than I have this morning, gotta get going. . 

Edited by bipedalist

That reminds me of this limb I saw but this one is higher off the ground.

Couple questions: What is the approximate height of the limb from the ground? Do you know if the branch was snug or loose and just resting in that position?

To me it’s easy to visualize the meaning of this as a barrier of sorts meaning to stop, look and take notice.  Short of somebody placing the branch in that position and those of similar stock in other odd fashions I would say the chances of these of anomalies falling into peculiar positions with obvious purposeful meaning are very average to low.  I mean after all, how could all these branches or trees be falling in such remarkable positions naturally without some physical guidance as though placed in specific positions for a reason?

Yes, meaning was a conundrum as many of the smaller layouts I documented were perfect equilateral triangle layouts, over and over and over again.  

Some of the tree props I have documented have been sort of impossible as well.   Case in point I measured and found impossible to stand upright in this way without assistance.  

attachicon.giforbceramicbackup%2520340.jpg

I have documented trees leaning on other trees long enough that they have been subsumed by the living bark of the other tree and raised up far off the ground as the ends rot and break off the deadfall seems glued to the exterior of the tree. 

That looks very natural …. as the saplings and trees all appear to be leaning to the left. As I look at the picture the leanings could either be the way the camera was handled on a sloping hill or as though the vegetation is weather bowed and beaten from previous winds or storms.

Thanks Gumshoeye. I have all The Missing 411 books but haven't read the Western yet. I had a couple more to post. The small one on the ground I may have posted before but it really caught my eye  with the number of sticks laying across each other. It brings to mind some kind of headstone type marker. I have lots more I have taken. I don't seek them out but if I see certain geometric shapes I usually take a picture for a point of reference.

Five angles?

Edited by Gumshoeye

BFF Patron

Out of context, you can make any of these natural.  Point being most were not and were associated with a research area that produced a sighting.  

I place these pictures here for serious researchers to utilize, not to argue their validity, thank you just the same.   The pine snag at the stump was fifteen or more ft. down slope from the upslope prop.  Nothing natural about that.  

• Upvote 1

attachicon.giforbceramicbackup%2520340.jpg

I have documented trees leaning on other trees long enough that they have been subsumed by the living bark of the other tree and raised up far off the ground as the ends rot and break off the deadfall seems glued to the exterior of the tree and the deadfall is elevated six feet off the ground but glued to the living tree 20 ft. off the ground, just hanging suspended in midair.  Looking for the picture but it will take more time than I have this morning, gotta get going. . 

That one looks like it was lying on the ground there before someone/thing stood it up.

• masterbarber unpinned this topic