Tree Manipulation/ Wood Structures: What Is The Evidence?

WSA

You may say you disagree, but saying it is the only way is patently incorrect.

I would also propose, as many have, that this myopia is probably one of the biggest obstacles for science in coming to grips with the evidence.

Let me also point out the law has no problems whatsoever with addressing evidence in this manner. It is called, "pattern and practice." It is merely the recognition that truth is evident in the number of recurring similar events. Only in this field does it seem to be treated like some kind of radical proposal. Quite the opposite.

I was going to say only if patterns can be found could we begin to consider this as evidence. Random broken branches in a forest are not patterns nor is urban vandalism, it's just something that happens to trees, without the help of a giant ape.

Is there any evidence of patterns you could post?

Edited by Nakani

I will just say the reason for my OP was to see how much of this stuff is out there, and what congruency might be evident when analyzed.  The fact that a tree somewhere had a broken limb, no matter the size, doesn't qualify as anything newsworthy, I would agree. That any one of us  could propose a plausible more mundane scenario for one branch being broken, on any given tree, at any given time, is also not really controversial. BUT, as I said, disregarding the context of evidence allows for lots of discussion that is not really helpful.  Treating each one of hundreds of examples as "isolated incidents" or "one-off" occurrences is a way to pass right over what is truly significant and intriguing about this body of evidence.

If there is one depth (why do people say "height"?) of ignorance thing I would like to eliminate from the bigfoot conversation, it is the scoftical assumption that each and every piece of evidence is a stand-alone one-off, not to be compared or comparable to any other piece of evidence.

This is so profoundly unscientific that Wicca and astrology are much closer to science.

Well, there are unique characteristics to these things Nakani, and a scroll up this thread will show you what those are.

Nobody here (at least not me) is saying every tree/limb break is significant, or even that  more than 1 in a 1,000 of those (to be arbitrary) have any significance at all. If you are approaching this with any other default setting aside from wind/snow/ice/human agency, you are not approaching it correctly, in my view.

That said....

When you do have something that doesn't fit the known, AND it fits a pattern of other unknowns, then that is significant. Or it should be. 

• Upvote 1

When you do have something that doesn't fit the known, AND it fits a pattern of other unknowns, then that is significant. Or it should be. 

Broken branches  fit the known this has been pointed out several times.  Weather, animal, or human manipulation.  There is no pattern of unknowns just broken limbs and branches something that has occours  all over the world without the necessarty intervention of bigfoot type creature.  It is about as unknown as "how did these leaves fall on the ground that were once in the tree"  or "there used to be a pond here in the spring but now its fall and it has dried up"

Hello Faenor,

But we know how leaves fall and ponds dry up. With branches is either weather, fauna, or wood death. I don't see a default where one can rule out fauna 100% of the time. I don't think that you can always across the board rule it out. It's not always fauna related of course but in some cases....

It's why simply staring at the break or twist doesn't say much until the whole area and the branch/tree itself is thoroughly looked at. Even if it's only out of curiosity.

Edited by hiflier

There are those who have the ability to know.

Awareness takes practice. It is told that a band of Shawnee spooked while crossing the Ohio in front of an ambush set by Sam Brady's Rangers. He paddled out to mid-river to know why. It was single branch of the ambush blind turned so the underside of the leaves were showing. To some, you might as well put up a road sign. It is knowable.

• Upvote 1

There are those who have the ability to know.

Awareness takes practice. It is told that a band of Shawnee spooked while crossing the Ohio in front of an ambush set by Sam Brady's Rangers. He paddled out to mid-river to know why. It was single branch of the ambush blind turned so the underside of the leaves were showing. To some, you might as well put up a road sign. It is knowable.

Well, this is it.  Some of us are seeing huge blaring road signs, you never saw bigger ones on any highway, brah, up on this one.  Because we just know.  Immersed in animals, nature, and the ways of those who go there, we can take things and string them together.  Group them, rack them, stack them, and effectively and efficiently cull the dross.

Then you have those people who say "I am outdoors 24/7/365..."  and they just know this is all bunkum.  Remember what I said about "...the ways of those who go there?"  Most people I have met in the woods could have gotten the same experience in New York's Chinatown:  fresh air (OK, not quite so fresh), walk, lotsa people.

Then there are the ones head down wearing earphones.  OK there, brah.  It's knowable...and some of us have the equipment.

Edited by DWA

So, today you are not going to pretend my posts are little blue leaves that you cannot open and read?

How fortunate.  

Could we have some more woods wisdom, Scout?  Maybe your sidekick can chime in about how wise it is to drink standing water without any concern for parasites. That would be funny again.

Edited by dmaker
  • Upvote 1

So, today you are not going to pretend my posts are little blue leaves that you cannot open and read?

How fortunate.  

Could we have some more woods wisdom, Scout?  Maybe your sidekick can chime in about how wise it is to drink standing water without any concern for parasites. That would be funny again.

You may say you disagree, but saying it is the only way is patently incorrect.

I would also propose, as many have, that this myopia is probably one of the biggest obstacles for science in coming to grips with the evidence.

Let me also point out the law has no problems whatsoever with addressing evidence in this manner. It is called, "pattern and practice." It is merely the recognition that truth is evident in the number of recurring similar events. Only in this field does it seem to be treated like some kind of radical proposal. Quite the opposite.

I was going to say only if patterns can be found could we begin to consider this as evidence. Random broken branches in a forest are not patterns nor is urban vandalism, it's just something that happens to trees, without the help of a giant ape.

Is there any evidence of patterns you could post?

The only pattern I see is that the three letter members post consecutively far more often than is likely unless they are the same person. Evidence?? :spiteful:

The patterns are that researchers all over the country, for decades, have commonly observed this evidence in conjunction with other indications of their presence, have ruled out other animals and weather, and that this behaviour, specifically using hands in a superhuman fashion, is often included in sighting and audible reports. IOW, this is Bigfoot 101. Blanket dismissal of the phenomena is ignorance and/or disruption, which I've reported.

Thanks WSA, Branco, etc. for keeping this once constructive thread going.

Hello JKH,

......Thanks WSA, Branco, etc. for keeping this once constructive thread going.

What about me?

Edited by hiflier

• masterbarber unpinned this topic