Tree Manipulation/ Wood Structures: What Is The Evidence?

WSA

Think you dropped that into the wrong thread, maybe, DWA?^^^

Not really. That is the same thing he posts in every thread.

• Upvote 3

Think you dropped that into the wrong thread, maybe, DWA?^^^

Nope, right thread.  I see Dismissal Due To Sheepskin Issues.  Wrong approach, sez science.  To wit:

I guess we are fortunate that we have you, neither PhD nor scientist, to guide us.

Some people's faith is touching.  But in science, faith feeds nary a bulldog.

Edited by DWA

I know you could of course put something like a pop-up under that "arbor", I'm just wondering why, and how that would increase your chances. Maybe I'm not reading how low to the ground it was, and it might just be the photo, but it appears to me to be about 6-8' off the deck, which if so, that reinforces my puzzlement. 

I'm also counting on you noticing if there were any cut or clipped branches or vines there.  Most any hunter who goes out with the intent to build a blind is likely to have at least a folding pruning saw, a pair of clippers or a hatchet, don't you agree? Things like these without any sign of an edged tool being used are the most intriguing to me.

I don't know, I'm not a hunter. 

You're right it is over 6' high off the ground on the inside. And the ground was covered with moss.

Nothing was clipped or cut. The ends of the vine maple were twisted then wrapped around the fir trees and twisted again.

It was very intriguing too me that's why I stopped and filmed it. But a person could have done it, so that's why I think a person most likely did it.

Was it a hunter, poacher, or someone that was just bored that made it? I don't know. But whoever made it had hands.

Hi CMB, I noticed 2 things, in the first pic of the double arch, right off the bat. 1. It looks like the branches have been mostly stripped from the 2 bowed trees. 2. The log that's pinning down the 2 almost branchless saplings has very little bark on it. Although odd, its still within human capacity to achieve the feat. For what purpose is anyone's guess. I would suggest next time you're there, to investigate the parameter to see if there's anything else unusual close by.

I did want to note that some people's (not naming names and no not citing the poster immediately above me) unwavering faith in people who have demonstrated nothing giving anyone reason to have faith in them I find really touching.

I don't care what your degrees are. When it comes to this topic, science says! that people with far less edumacation know far more about this than you, if all you are doing is saying nay.

(Never mind the people with edumacation equal to yourn what are tellin' you, boy! ...do your homework, and you might learn somethin'.)

Faith in sheepskin is no better than faith in sheep. Unless wool and mutton are all you want.

Your degrees mean nothing here...unless you can demonstrate their use.

DWA Translation:

Your degrees mean nothing here ... unless you agree with me.

Edited by Nakani

Hi CMB, I noticed 2 things, in the first pic of the double arch, right off the bat. 1. It looks like the branches have been mostly stripped from the 2 bowed trees. 2. The log that's pinning down the 2 almost branchless saplings has very little bark on it. Although odd, its still within human capacity to achieve the feat. For what purpose is anyone's guess. I would suggest next time you're there, to investigate the parameter to see if there's anything else unusual close by.

Hi WesT,

I'm sorry. I thought we were done with the photos so I deleted them.

But the log pinning down the 2 branchless saplings has bark on it. The log with no bark is on the log that is pinning down the 2 saplings. 

What do you suggest I look for?

No problem, I saw them before you deleted them.

It's hard to tell from the pic but it looks like the tree that's pinning the 2 saplings down has been blown or pushed over. The barkless one could be a section of the top of a tree that's died, then broke away, and falling where it rests now. Hard to tell without being there.

As far as what to look for specifically, this thread is loaded with what to look for. Have fun and look closely.

^^^It's like little blue leaves; my posts, like the water bringing them forth...

http://www.bfro.net/GDB/show_report.asp?id=3008

Witness observers BF reaching up and breaking branch from a tree.

Report of branch twist, absent any weather event, with photo:

http://www.bfro.net/GDB/show_report.asp?id=21240

Any smart scientist goes, whoa.

Practically everything connected with this animal, a person has actually observed one of the animals actually doing.

Nothing we know of creates that break. Unless we say "something a lot of us know of, that's been actually observed doing it."

Every smart scientist would look for an explanation based on reality, instead of immediately jumping to Bigfoot did it. The person who made the report even added that there was no hairs or anything else that would indicate the presence of Bigfoot.

There is a lot of young people who like to video themselves doing stupid stuff in hopes of 15min of fame. The cause of this twist was more than likely someone being a *******.(donkey)

Also when you typed,

"It's like little blue leaves; my posts, like the water bringing them forth.."

Did you think you were making some deep point? Because you're not even making english.

Edited by Nakani

DWA, sorry for getting smart regarding your blue leaves comment. I figure you meant to type "lines" instead of "leaves", and were talking about ignoring all the people trying to teach you something.

^^ He's talking about people on his ignore list. I'm a proud, founding member of that list.  When he has no decent response, he will pretend that he cannot read your posts, since people on ignore show up as little blue leaves in his world. Then two posts later he will respond to you as if he had never made the blue leaves comment. Oddly, he thinks no one notices this. 

Edited by dmaker

I did want to note that some people's (not naming names and no not citing the poster immediately above me) unwavering faith in people who have demonstrated nothing giving anyone reason to have faith in them I find really touching.

I don't care what your degrees are.  When it comes to this topic, science says! that people with far less edumacation know far more about this than you, if all you are doing is saying nay.

(Never mind the people with edumacation equal to yourn what are tellin' you, boy! ...do your homework, and you might learn somethin'.)

Faith in sheepskin is no better than faith in sheep.  Unless wool and mutton are all you want.

Your degrees mean nothing here...unless you can demonstrate their use.

Is there a thread for Post of the Year?  I'm pretty new here, but this one might get my vote!   :spiteful:

There's nothing in that post that anyone seriously thinking about this (and aren't those rare) could seriously disagree with.  So those that seriously disagree with it are ...um...kinda showing how seriously their opinions should be taken, just strictly when it comes to this now.

There's nothing in that post that anyone seriously thinking about this (and aren't those rare) could seriously disagree with.  So those that seriously disagree with it are ...um...kinda showing how seriously their opinions should be taken, just strictly when it comes to this now.

This one is a close 2nd!!   :nyam:  

• masterbarber unpinned this topic