Tree Manipulation/ Wood Structures: What Is The Evidence?

WSA

Well, sometimes simply relying on the observational powers and knowledge of someone there does not really paint an accurate or truthful picture. That is just human nature. Particularly if the person who was there is just asking questions, not trying to shove bigfoot as a reason down everyones throat. You should be careful with that. 

Edited by chelefoot

Hello everyone. I am glad to finally be here to answer any questions you may have on this report http://www.bfro.net/GDB/show_report.asp?id=21240  .

Now with all of that being said, I am open to any and all questions and will answer to the best of my ability.

Thank you all and it is nice to be in here.

About this:  "I will also be getting the twist checked out, I only wish I would have kept it together and on the tree to begin with, since it would have been easier to study. Lesson learned this time."

All I can say is:  welcome to the club.  People shoot video and don't look for tracks, because:  video!  People have a sighting and don't look for anything else because, sighting!  Stuff happens to you when something that isn't supposed to happen to you happens to you.

What you did was note more than enough to make this an extremely anomalous occurrence that doesn't submit to a glib dismissal, plus, you reported it.  Sometimes you just gotta focus on the right you did.

Moderator Statement

Knock it off with the insults and jabs and stay on topic please! Anyone who ignores this request and continues bickering will be banned from this topic.

• Upvote 1

^ pulling it down and pushing it down are the same thing, my experiment was worded just fine and clearly proves my point. I'm guessing you already know that though, and are just trying to avoid admitting that I am right.

Pulling is a different motion than pushing because the force vectors are in different directions. But you know that too, and are just trying to save face.

Moreover, comparing the motion of human arm to a tree limb is bad comparison. Trees and their limbs do not have ball-and-socket joints nor hinge joints. These types of joints allow for movement.

but this discussion on Newton's laws of motion is good because it dispels the non-science based notions and feelings that something like snow sitting on a tree branch causes tree branches to fracture in a spiral pattern.

I don't think you are interested in understanding this basic principle of mechanics and how it would apply to tree branches, so I'm not going to explain it again.

Edited by Nakani

Moderator Statement

Knock it off with the insults and jabs and stay on topic please! Anyone who ignores this request and continues bickering will be banned from this topic.

thank_you_graphic_1074454002.png

signed, The Forum

Has anyone here tried to pull dna from one of these tree breaks? It would seem to me that some considerable force would be required and that skin cells should shed from the hands if nothing else.

I'm going to go out on a limb here, and say no. Speculation and special pleading are all that is required to achieve the desired explaination. I'm guessing that most proponents don't want actual science ruining this particular branch of Bigfoot evidence.

I suspect the same. It's far more entertaining to play the assumption, guessing, making thing up games than it is to attempt hard science. Just as when "dermal ridge" claims were examined (by sasquatch proponents no less) the claims fell apart. The field CAN police itself but someone has to WANT real answers. In this case, I suspect that all involved are enjoying playing the speculation game, which is fine, just don't call it evidence of sasquatch.

Pistola IM'd me to assure all there was no evidence of any insect damage or presence of any insect larvae in that Sassafras branch. Branco had mentioned that previously, I think, but it had been brought up again since. No. Bugs. Thanks.

Hi everyone. So, I am limited to two posts a day until I have made 25 total posts. So what I will do is make one post in the morning and one post in the evening to try and answer your questions.

There was a question about the brown spot in the photo of the twist. I looked at the original photo I took and the brown spot is the inside of the bark on the other side of the twist as you are looking at it. There was no insect in the photo.

The original limb was about 6' long from where it attached to the main limb. When I first examined the limb (and mind you, this was 8 years ago) I didn't notice any damage other than the twist itself. So yesterday, I went to the same tree and grabbed a limb that was similar in size to the original and I tried twisting it at a spot I wanted the twist to be made. It was impossible for me to do so. So I grabbed it about 5' out the limb and tried to twist it from there. A shoot off limb broke off as I tried and I still could not twist it to recreate the same effect. I also noticed that by twisting from a distance would cause much damage at the spot I was holding (broken smaller shoot offs, bent limb etc...) and it would have taken a great deal of strength and would actually probably take a good amount of time to do so. I am 5'8" and 220 pounds and am pretty strong, but was not strong enough to do that.

Here is the map where the tree is located 21240Map.jpg

At the point of the arrow is exactly where the tree is. You will notice the driveway is roughly 25 yards from the tree, the main entrance  to the development is 80 yards away and the main road is 25 yards from the tree. On the other side of the main road is an 88 acre farm, with field and woods.  There was no sidewalk, and the development road goes a half mile south. The main road is 5 miles going west to the nearest main highway and 1.3 miles going east to the next largest road. On the north and east (at the top) of the photo, you will see woods next to the field and then a house on the right. that is where the dogs were barking that night. It is 4 miles as the crow flies north to town, (which is not very big either).

It is also worth noting that it was July, very dry and very calm that night. I checked with the weather service for that night and there were no storms, no record of wind.

For a little history on this house, it was the first to be built on what used to be a very large farm. It was built in 1987. I had a state geologist come out to the house in 2010 to look at something on my land (completely unrelated) and he brought a topo map of the area from 1977. The spot where the tree stands used to be a large farm pond.

So, with that being said, that is all I have for now. I will keep watching this forum and if there are more questions, I will answer them this evening.

I hope this helps.

Thanks Pistola. A very nice summary of the context, which is always helpful. This is W. TN, for those who didn't catch that. Beautiful country.

I just wish all BFRO reports had this breadth of backstory to go with them, but of course this is not practicable. Makes your information all the more valuable.

Pistola,

I think we have created a bit of a false dichotomy here, when we assume that twisting is the only force that was applied to the branch. Is it not possible that the branch was broken/cracked first then spun around to create the twist?

There was a question about the brown spot in the photo of the twist. I looked at the original photo I took and the brown spot is the inside of the bark on the other side of the twist as you are looking at it. There was no insect in the photo.

Thanks for the answers! Hope you stick around and talk bigfootin' with us!

Pistola,

I think we have created a bit of a false dichotomy here, when we assume that twisting is the only force that was applied to the branch. Is it not possible that the branch was broken/cracked first then spun around to create the twist?

BY WHAT, given that this possibility has been pretty much utterly extinguished by the backstory?  The ape you's denyin' is more likely than the scenario you's proposin'.

By.A.LOT, and remember, you have to *prove* it.

DWA,

Do you not have to prove it as well? Pretending there are no other explanations is kinda unbecoming of a scientist.

I would say I am going to have a much easier time proving that a human could have created this break, than you are, first proving your ape exists, then proving it is responsible for the break. The more likely senario is a person did it, considering the fact that humans are real.

Edited by Nakani

• masterbarber unpinned this topic