Tree Manipulation/ Wood Structures: What Is The Evidence?

WSA

The picture in this case is deceptive because of the angle, point of view and being 2 dimensional. The right vertical is behind the structure and not part of it. The upper horizontal is from a tree in front. Also not part of the structure.

We were in this area again yesterday and found a couple more similar constructions. They were about a mile from the previous one. I'll post them later when I get them off my camera.

Guest WesT

I kinda figured it was a pov/perspective thing. I just noticed the odd coincidence. I'm not at my computer at the moment but I'll be back later.

Guest WesT

Speaking of pov/perspective check this out, it's a beaut. 

post-1320-0-98169300-1464210234_thumb.jp

Ambush site 2 is about 100 yards behind me from where I took this. But this isn't the one I was talking about, I just happened to run across it and thought I'd throw it out there.

Ambush site 1 is about 50 yards behind me from where I took this.

post-1320-0-15923600-1464212037_thumb.jp

Another shot of above pic.

post-1320-0-44313900-1464212414_thumb.jp

What's up with the tree bow and tree breaks at 2 separate locations? I don't know. Maybe it's just a coincidence?

But check this out. About a yard or so to the right of the X in the above pic is this tree twist. In this pic, l got the X (in the above pic) with it.

post-1320-0-90315500-1464212799_thumb.jp

Now let's change the perspective.

post-1320-0-82016300-1464212889_thumb.jp

I've taken hundreds of pics and that one is one of my favorites. No doubt the background pattern is all natural, but it's still cool looking.

But back to ambush sites. If you'd like, I can show you ambush site 1 and 2 in their entirety (all in one post, each) and show the evidence that lead me to my conclusions. I want to help and this is important to me.

Edited by WesT

Here's the other structures we found on Tuesday. They were about a hundred yards from each other in the middle of an alder patch covered with salmonberry bushes. Needless to say the elk love the area. I sure didn't. The only reason we went in there was because we could smell something dead. Never found it but found these. Both were in elk trails and looked to be obstructions to slow the elk down. Both were right next to old uprooted root balls. The upper angled stick in both of them was shoved up under the ferns on the root wad. Those sticks didn't fall that way. One incorporated a huckleberry bush growing on the root ball.

I don't get too excited about sticks in any arrangement in these alder thickets because they drop their limbs every which way. But in the case of these they didn't fall that way. The upright stick in the one was shoved in about six inches, but wasn't heavy enough to do so by falling. This was a hard area for us to navigate. It was wet, full of holes and downed logs. Not an easy place to walk around in and the berry bushes were head high so you couldn't see more than a few feet.

post-24465-0-99477100-1464394096_thumb.jpost-24465-0-09267600-1464394257_thumb.jpost-24465-0-79315300-1464394727_thumb.jpost-24465-0-26414400-1464394803_thumb.j

• Upvote 1

Guest WesT

I get the sense that they are there to herd, and to discourage game from wandering into the area behind it. Go where it's blocking you off from and see what's back there.

We were between the two I showed. My best guess is they are simply obstacles to slow the elk down. I've walked into the areas on both sides of these obstructions. Actually when you move out of this alder patch, which is quite large, you're in a very open fir forest.

If these are some kind of no trespass signs they haven't been very effective. I guess if they don't want me in an area they are just going to have to get more aggressive about it. In other words, something a little less subtle. That, to me supports the idea that they are just obstacles used for their hunting purposes. I can also say this, that not all hunts are successful.

And your point Crow?

I've seen some very impressive small wickiups, made by tying sticks with string, human made of course. I've seen blowdown areas with every shape structure imaginable, all natural occurrences. So I guess your point being, as usual, is that everyone is mistaken about any of this.

BigTreeWalker

If you were on a game trail that was used by elk, what are the chances that other hunters might have found the same game trail? Then what are the chances that these hunters placed these obstacles to get the elk to move the way they want them to move? I mean I have seen deer hunters use these tactics to get deer to move a certain way in order to get a closer shot during bow season.

I am not familiar with elk hunting so I am not at par with their tactics of hunting elk, but I am sure they are no different from one hoof animal to the next hoof animal. But I have smelt that death smell in dark places of forest , and it does not leave an easy feeling in your stomach. I have found those X tree formations and have learned not to enter in those areas since it only means trouble for hunting. I have found where they have ambush deer and have tossed rocks to stun deer where deer have entered into bedding area's. Not once have I ever found drag marks where a deer has been taken, but have found bones. Either there are poachers which is the most likely thing or there are these creatures that are taking game during or before the harsh weather comes in. It always seems to be more active during the fall right before winter in my part of the state. But this year it has been a mild year and I have not been out to check what it has been like.

Humans do not need string to make shelters , since we are pretty creative. We have always found ways to be creative since were given a brain to be able to think with. If we want to survive we will find a way or a will to do so. This is who we are as Humans.  

Guest Crowlogic

^^What's my point?  My point is out there in the woods there are wooden structures of very rustic character.  In recent times folks have been attributing them to bigfoot.  Why weren't we structure obsessed in 1975?  or 1985?  How about 1995?  See where I'm going with this?  As the game got tougher to hoax the "researchers" needed a new angle to play to the cheap seats so to speak.  And what better than stick structures?  They are easily made, cheaply made and better yet can actually be found in the woods left behind by a number of human activities.  I sincerely doubt that had I posted those images as being suspected of being from really really real bigfoot there's be no way for you to tell who or what made them.  Also ever notice not a single one of those things ever delivers anything from bigfoot?  Gee one or more of the forest folks construct something and spend perhaps days building it and perhaps days or weeks using it and each and every one is left as clean as if it had had  maid service.  

Why weren't we structure obsessed in 1975?  or 1985?  How about 1995?  See where I'm going with this?.  

Yep, off your personal the deep end again.    The answer is simple:  they were there all along but we never "noticed" until enough people got together talking (internet), someone mentioned it, someone else said "huh, I've seen that, too", someone finally connected the dots, and the snowball started to roll.   

I realize such a conclusion contradicts your dogma so I won't take it personally when you again pretend to miss the point.

MIB

• Upvote 1

Crow I have made structures like in your picture. You are probably talking about people in general. But I have yet to post any such structure and attribute it to bigfoot. I will say as MIB said that what I have been showing has probably always occurred throughout the forest. I've probably walked through a few and never paid any attention until I actually started looking at them.

ShadowBorn, not saying someone couldn't have made them but I will say whoever made them had hands. Elk walk everywhere in this country so don't picture wide paths. Picture various hoof prints through the brush. No one in his right mind would hunt elk in there unless he was using a spear, because that would be the most effective weapon in that brush. Those were fresh made structures. Made this spring. Alder like that wouldn't last a winter around here. Elk season ended in November. And if a person wanted to poach or just kill an elk out of season they wouldn't have to go in there to do it. Just walk down any of the old roads in the area and you run into elk. If Crow were to have his way, hoaxing would be the greatest conspiracy in existence today! And no one understands the woods like he does. We are all a bunch of neophytes compared to him.

Guest WesT

I have it on good authority that there is something out there unknown to science that has the ability to manipulate the environment to accommodate a need. When the opportunity to follow up on that presented itself, I had a look for myself.

• masterbarber unpinned this topic