Tree Manipulation/ Wood Structures: What Is The Evidence?

WSA

Hey WesT. If you need my permission, sure thing, you got it. Anyone who has information to share on this topic is welcome to contribute, if you ask me.

Sorry I didn't see your March 7th post in time.  Anything y'all discussed you can tell us about?

I didn't want you to feel like I was hijacking your thread and hogging the show. But the person I mentioned is an eyewitness that can place these wood manipulations with what possibly makes them.

The hunting blind thing is interesting, but for now, I'm placing it the "this is what happens when you give a crazy old man a crappy camera and turn him loose in the woods". LOL@me.

When I saw him the other night I just told him you had some questions about the dead deer he found. When I talked to him yesterday I did ask him how he found it. He said he followed a blood trail from the suspected hunting blind. I asked him if he saw any blood under the carcass and he said he didn't see any saying,  now that I mentioned it, that it was odd and he didn't even think about that.

What was found next is a bit more mundane. It's kinda boring, but it has the potential to be important.

Alot of this stuff we're all sharing now is great, but it did occur to we that we could all say the words "if you say so" after each pic that's presented (no matter how well the person is known or respected, or not, within the community).

I don't expect any kind of resolution or confirmation. The only reason I'm putting this out there now is for the future generations.  If you download my pics and pull them up in "windows picture viewer" the actual date and time the picture was taken will show at the bottom left.

I saw this and thought it was interesting so I snapped a pic. Taken August 12th. 2012 at 7:38pm

post-1320-0-41343500-1394908618_thumb.jp

I took this one on March 9th. 2013 at 1:36pm

post-1320-0-99849500-1394908934_thumb.jp

Edited by WesT

I also found what I believed to be some sort of artificially constructed hiding screen. I snapped some pics of it and the only thing I can say is look for what you don't see. It was made with vines, or thin bush branches, that had tiny leaves that were stretched between the 2 trees on the right of the 4 trees in the foreground.

post-1320-0-39418900-1394910647_thumb.jp

post-1320-0-17746200-1394910706_thumb.jp

Edited by WesT

These were all taken August 12th. 2012 at 6:50pm

When behind the screen you could see out, but anyone on the other side saw nothing. Like natures 2 way mirror. It was bizzare. So I got the idea to take a pic of my friend beside and then behind the screen. At the time I thought I nailed it. But when I got home and uploaded the pics to my computer I got this.

Friend standing beside the screen taken August 12th. 2012 at 6:51pm:

post-1320-0-66963000-1394911598_thumb.jp

post-1320-0-17980100-1394911671_thumb.jp

Then I told him to step behind it.

post-1320-0-09781700-1394912331_thumb.jp

post-1320-0-20541800-1394911755_thumb.jp

I looked for an interdimensional portal but didn't see one. (kidding of course) I told my friend he was the first human blob squatch ever to be recorded because to my surprise I could barely see him in the first 2 pics. Could just be, and more than likely is, the low res camera I have.

Edited by WesT

I would not tend to believe in stick structures being made by sasquatch unless the sticks were large and twisted many times around or very large logs/sticks simply broken. Also appearing overnite in my research area might arouse my curiosity. Anyway, they grow up and live in the woods. No need for them to make unnatural markers/structures to find their way or let others know "this way". Simple tree breaks indicating direction like chimpanzees would be the only "structure" I would attribute to giant forest people.

Yeah West I would say it's probably the camera

Low res camera and shoddy lighting is my vote. But the screen was real, and I know how to make one now. For a long time I thought it was a hiding screen, and it worked very well as one. I realize now that it's primary purpose was to discourage anyone from nosing around in the area behind it.

Edited by WesT

I'm wrestling with the probabilities of things like this being just human hunter blinds. I do tend to see what WesT has shown us as being outside the normal collection of forest debris by wind, ice and random deadfall. It seems pretty clear to me that these could only be useful as a hunting blind, the only really question is: Is this human activity, or not?  On the one hand, I could see maybe a deer hunter without a hand tool just dragging a bunch of scattered branches and logs together to form a makeshift blind? Turkey hunters especially use ground blinds like this.  On that point I'd have to defer to those with familiarity of the land, the game and hunter activity in general.

Where to begin.....

The area where I took all these pics is on private land as well as all the land adjacent to it. All of the land across the river is mostly forested and undeveloped, but is all privately owned by various individuals. If it was done by a human, he/she were not only hunting out of season, but were trespassing on posted private property.

I asked a friend of mine, who has hunted all his life, if he had ever seen or heard of deer ever being hunted using a teepee type blind. He said " I built one one time near a game trail and it worked pretty good. But when I came back to it the next day a bear had destroyed it and the chair I left was mangled and leaning against a tree a short distance away." I said " wow, do bears do that?" He said " I reckoned it was a bear because that's the only thing that would have done that.". He's a skeptic so I left it at that. About 6 months later he was at my house and I sat him down and showed him what I'm showing everyone here now. What did he have to say about it? Very little, if anything, which I thought was a bit odd. It's been one brick wall after another.

I told WSA in PM what happened after I took the pics of the hiding screen. He encouraged me to share that as well which I will do when time permits.

Looking forward to seeing it here WesT.

One thing I think we all have seen if we've thought/talked about this subject long enough is how far we as a species will go to try and shoehorn an unknown into a known. The encounter witness statements are full of stuff like this. It really is touching how hard some folks will cling to an explanation that makes no real sense when held up to harsh scrutiny. Some take years and even decades for their minds to adjust to the new reality their encounter creates for them. There is not knowing, and then there is not wanting to know. Two much different things. Our ability to not learn what we don't want to know is pretty well documented, I think. ("Black Throated Wind", Hammer?)

So, a bear rips apart a hunting blind? O.K., well yeah, maybe. Most folks would just stop there, and your friend apparently did. What you may have seen in your friend's countenance and in his silence though could have been the simple addition of that experience being combined with maybe some other things he knows or suspects to be true. That discordance can sometimes almost be heard...you know, the sound of the wheels turning. My guess is the next time you talk to him he will have had the time to process some of this, and you'll probably have a much more engaged conversation with him.

And I could sure use a shoehorn right about now. But I can't let my own disbelief stop my resolve in this matter.

Here is a copy of the PM I sent to WSA with pics added:

What I haven't told about is what happened after I took the pics of my friend standing beside and then behind the hiding screen. We were sitting at the picnic table just watching and listening. Nothing unusual was heard or seen. As the sun began to set, and it was starting to get dark, we decided to head back home. I left behind about 3 quarter sized salt crystals on the picnic table before leaving. ( I have a softball sized chunk of unprocessed salt I got from a friend of mine who works at a salt mine in Saltville)

As we were walking and almost to the edge of where the forest ended and cornfield started we heard a very loud vocalization coming from the direction of the hiding screen. The best to way to descibe it is, 

a-a-a-a-a  

a-a-a-a-a  

a-a-a-a-a.

Like monkey chatter or something.

When we returned 2 days later there was a sick X on the ground, on the trail in, that wasn't there 2 days before and it had a turkey feather by it.

post-1320-0-31016400-1395418754_thumb.jp

Down at the picnic table the salt was gone and there was a big stick X about 10ft. away that wasn't there 2 days prior.

post-1320-0-57162800-1395418811_thumb.jp

I decided to take more pics of the hiding screen to get better shots of it. To my amazement (and disbelief) the screen was gone.

I've had lots of time to think about this to put things into perspective. I believe now that the primary purpose of the hiding screen was to discourage anyone from going back to the area behind it and nosing around. We had explored the area behind the screen earlier in the year (July 2012). I have pics of what was found back there but they're on the dead computer. I didn't realize until recently what it was we might have found and why all the fuss. What we found were multiple bedding sites. And If we learn how to recognize it's bedding, we could possibly find hair and dead skin and bring us one step closer to discovery.

Upon reviewing the dates the pics were taken, I didn't take them on the same day they were found and noticed. By then it was to much for me to comprehend in such a short time. After things had time to settle and digest I took the pics of the X's on the ground and each on different days.

The possible use of the "X" symbol is the most intriguing to me. Of course, there are plenty of other examples of this possibly being used in the same way. It is written communication, under the most rudimentary sense of that. Symbolic representation, coming from who knows what experience or collective memory?  I woud say the Sasquatch, if Sasquatch this is, shares a culture. If this was made by another species to our own, it is a pretty clear example of inter-species communication that goes much, much further than your dog wagging its tail at you when you come home at night, don't you agree?  Pretty amazing, really.

Yep, WesT, I'd have some cogitatin' to do if this happened to me. Even a second-hand account blows the mind.

Guest lightheart

Wes I have found some late Pleistocene scripts on-line that include the x. A few other stick formations appear there as well. It could be that they picked these up from Indians that they shared their habitats with. Who knows? It does indicate at least rudimentary symbology.

• masterbarber unpinned this topic