Possible Ramifications Of Finding A Skeleton?

Guest Blackdog

Found this awhile ago....love the scale!

:)

It's to a 14ft something or other...not sayin BF.

It's a sculpted piece. You can buy one for $450.00.

More here.

So in summary, Taylor made an oversized replica of a normal human femur to represent a bone whose only evidence of existence is a letter based upon rumor. Additionally, the proportions of the bone are wrong. Then along comes Kent Hovind who tries to pass off this fantasy as science and manages to turn a woman into a man in the process.

Well here is some more of that sensational news made up to sell newspapers. I wonder if the descendants of this man from 1886 are around and know what happened to the remains or if the guy actually existed?

http://files.usgwarchives.net/al/calhoun/newspapers/newspape1131gnw.txt

Calhoun County AlArchives News.....Newspaper abstracts for APRIL, MAY, JUNE 1886 1886

The flood recently unearthed a great many relics of former civilization at

several points along the river banks, but especially on the Green Foster place

above and Col. Sam Henry's place in the Whorton bend. Mr. James Henry who

examined some of these curiosities on his father's place, told us that some of

the bones of the human skeletons found were of very unusual proportions,

indicating a larger stature than is now attained by the genus homo. The

Gadsden News

---

Mr. James F. Henry who discovered the bones of the big skeleton on his father's

farm on the bank of the Coosa River near Gadsden, says that he could easily

place his head in its skull and the bone was half an inch thick. The thigh bone

was about twenty-two inches in length and three times as large as the bone in

an ordinary man. The bone from the shoulder to elbow measured about twenty

inches; and when all the bones were placed in their proper places they showed

that the owner, when alive, must have been at least twelve feet from the top of

his head to the bottom of his feet. Two or three of these enormous skeletons

were found.

----

There is/was a restaurant in Selma Alabama that displayed a 7-8 foot tall skeleton of an supposed Indian in the entry of the restaurant. I found the skeleton not be very appropriate to enjoying a good meal. This was discussed in the previous forums, and a member actually found a picture of the bones. :blink:

Edited by Susiq2

Guest vilnoori

Did we ever find pics of that skeleton Susiq? I thought we located the restaurant and someone was going to go in and take a picture. Hmmm...

Oh and for the record I am one of those folks that think it is much more likely that if BF exists, and that's a big "if," then it is a member of the Homo lineage rather than a big ape. There are quite a few accounts of cross-breeding, or at least attempts, including Zana. There is one old story that originates not far from where I live, from the tribe that lived at the North end of Harrison Lake, BC. This is the NA maiden getting abducted and kept in a cave story, where she had an infant that was hybrid.

I'll try to find that one. And the restaurant.

Guest vilnoori

The BC hybrid baby story can be found at bigfootencounters.com by clicking on the Sightings section on the side bar, click BC, then at the bottom of the page, click "older accounts HERE" to a list of stories. It is about in the middle of the page, "Chehalis Indian Reserve" and the account is said to have taken place in April of 1924: "a Chehalis woman was kidnapped by sasquatch and feared dead. One year later she returned to the reserve with tree pitch over her eyes and pregnant, frail and in very ill health. A son was born alive and died very shortly thereafter. (This was also reported in the works of J. W. Burns)"

This area is just across the Fraser river from where I live, by the way. The Chehalis tribe has a sasquatch as their tribal symbol. We often see one of their vans in town, taking the kids to the pool or members out on a shopping trip.

Like this:

http://www.stsailesdevcorp.com/home

I think someone needs to take a little side trip to Selma, the next time they go home, and visit that little eatery.

Oh what a shame!!! I left my glasses in the car, and dang it, I fell on the skeleton. Oh NO!! I think I broke my ankle/hip, as I lay writhing amongst a tangle of bones. I proceed to moan and groan as I flop around on the floor in agony. The manager is so distracted by my supposed injury and the possible law suit he doesn't notice the loose toe/finger bone that works it's way into my pocket. He is so concerned about future liability issues he piles the bones in a box for storage never realizing there is a missing phalange. Do you think the sponsors would analyze a bone I found in my pocket? LOLOLOL Of course, I could just ask for a sliver for analysis, that might be easier than risking my bones. :lol:

There is a story about Chief Tuscaloosa being extremely tall, it might really be an Indian skeleton. Here is a link to that little bit of Alabama History that I recall from the 9th grade.

http://atlantisrisingmagazine.com/2008/05/01/giants-in-the-earth/

As the party of Hernando de Soto traveled through what is now Alabama and Mississippi, for example, they encountered a tribe of giant Native Americans, two of whom, the chief and his son, measured at least eight feet in height. When De Soto asked the giant chief, Tuscaloo­sa, to accompany him further north, it was found that even the largest of Spaniards’ horses could hardly bare his weight and the ruler’s feet dragged along the ground when the pack animal moved forward. A few years later John Smith of Pocahontas fame had his own encounters with towering Native American giants. These goliaths, known as the Susquahanock Indians, commonly grew to 6’6″ or more and completely dwarfed the European colonists who at the time averaged 5’2″ in height. It is documented that during the ensuing Dutch wars in Baltimore a war chief of the Susquahanock was around 7’6″ tall. But even the towering Susquahanock Indians were dwarfed by a neighboring tribe of “Cat People†who averaged 10′ in height! They had earned their name from their voices, which sounded like a panther scream when they talked.

:wub: You remember the topic. It is so great to see/meet former friends from before. I guess that the skeleton is still out. I wonder how they know it is an Indian?

Also, it truly is in bad taste, IMHO. :blink:

I'm surprised that someone has not complained, and had the skeleton buried. :(

The BC hybrid baby story can be found at bigfootencounters.com by clicking on the Sightings section on the side bar, click BC, then at the bottom of the page, click "older accounts HERE" to a list of stories. It is about in the middle of the page, "Chehalis Indian Reserve" and the account is said to have taken place in April of 1924: "a Chehalis woman was kidnapped by sasquatch and feared dead. One year later she returned to the reserve with tree pitch over her eyes and pregnant, frail and in very ill health. A son was born alive and died very shortly thereafter. (This was also reported in the works of J. W. Burns)"

This area is just across the Fraser river from where I live, by the way. The Chehalis tribe has a sasquatch as their tribal symbol. We often see one of their vans in town, taking the kids to the pool or members out on a shopping trip.

Like this:

http://www.stsailesdevcorp.com/home

What a beautiful location! Wow, They have tourists staying there?

I did not know that.

Well, I just called Grumbles Restaurant. Diane, the manager wasn't in, but the hostess said I could call back in the morning and talk to her before the place opens. So we will see if I can get a little piece of that bone for the sponsors..........

Well, I just called Grumbles Restaurant. Diane, the manager wasn't in, but the hostess said I could call back in the morning and talk to her before the place opens. So we will see if I can get a little piece of that bone for the sponsors..........

Jodie, If we ever need anything done or handled here, all we have to do is tell you, and it's accomplished. Have I told you how much I appreciate you? :wub:

I will be really surprised if they will let you have a piece of the bones, but if that poor skeleton is still sitting on a barrel inside the front door, perhaps they will cut a sliver off of something towards the backside, off of the back of a rib perhaps, and send it to you for study purposes..

Here's hoping!

One thing I do need to mention, I'm pretty sure that the skeleton is that of a human/Indian species. I looked at the skeleton, and I'm only a nurse, but I never saw anything abnormal about it at all, except it's height.

Poor hubby doesn't even remember it! We had 2 babies at the time, and little sleep, so I'm not surprised. :( .Josh was a new born, and Justin Jr. was not even 2 yet!