Melba Ketchum/ Erickson Project Press Conference

Duh. if he is going to try to sell a documentary he is not going to release the best stuff

Well show me something worth watching to get my interest! Not sure what there small conference was about. Seen everything before on the internet. Notice CNN and the other were not there, just many empty seats. They could not show anything to the press public to make it worth the time for them to come out and film. They been duped before (the Georgia hoax).

See, what is the difference between reading a witness report ( say the pig tossing one from Texas) and deciding that without some compelling, objective evidence that this is not a true story, vs looking at a photo and deciding that is is not likely genuine?  In both cases I have examined all that is being offered as evidence.

To me, hearing a report or account about anything, but especially Bigfoot, doesn't necessarily mean it's false because the witness isn't claiming to have evidence to substantiate the claim. Evidence isn't required to give an account. As in the case of the Texas account, it seems logical that it could have occurred very much as the witness says when you consider that other predatory animals are capable of dispatching a hog in a violent and efficient manner. Also, the witness in this case didn't start trying to insinuate that he had evidence to support his claim. He simply submitted a report of what he claimed to witness. Since I wasn't there, I have no reason to doubt his claims based on his account. If I choose to doubt or believe his claims, I choose to do so based on what I myself consider to be plausible or not.  This doesn't necessarily mean that the account is true, but it doesn't make it untrue just because the submitter didn't provide any proof to accompany it.

In the case of the Erickson video evidence, this stuff has been touted as groundbreaking, irrefutable, PGF-surpassing, and definitive HD quality evidence. Obviously, what has been presented is in no way approaching those claims. Based on the evidence submitted, I find that the claims made in this particular case are unsubstantiated at this point because they don't remotely approach what those that were giving the account were claiming.

it doesn't matter how good the video is,it will still be treated as a costume,cgi,hoax,etc... it doesn't matter what the evidence is, it will never be taken seriously,ever. I doubt a body will do it at this point, everyone will say it was made in a lab. This subject will never, be taken seriously.

the fact is that most don't want to even chance being wrong and looking foolish,it's safer to say it's all fake.

Well YOU'RE certainly a bowl full of positive expectations! LoL :angel:

This is basically still the same crap video they tried to foist on the world almost a year ago.  There is absolutely nothing definitive about it, and the close up shots actually make it look less like something real and as we all have essentially said since Matilda was first shown- like a costume. 

How about just give us a still of the "real thing".  Even the stills in the PGf resonate with more reality than this HD video.

Unfortunately, the night shots do little to nothing to prove anything either.

St. G-

Just reading the comments in all the news reports shows that everybody recognizes it's just a Chewbacca costume. I'd say this project took Bigfoot credibility back to about zero in the eyes of the public.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/technology/2013/10/new-bigfoot-evidence-screened-as-expert-claims-proof-of-existence/

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/02/bigfoot-exists-say-researchers_n_4032364.html

http://www.eonline.com/news/466324/never-before-seen-bigfoot-footage-presented-as-definitive-proof-that-sasquatch-exits-watch-now

Just reading the comments in all the news reports shows that everybody recognizes it's just a Chewbacca costume. I'd say this project took Bigfoot credibility back to about zero in the eyes of the public.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/technology/2013/10/new-bigfoot-evidence-screened-as-expert-claims-proof-of-existence/

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/02/bigfoot-exists-say-researchers_n_4032364.html

http://www.eonline.com/news/466324/never-before-seen-bigfoot-footage-presented-as-definitive-proof-that-sasquatch-exits-watch-now

What's going on right now is absolutely criminal. Any sympathy points that I might've had for MK have flown out the window. She is completely undermining serious research into this field. It's deplorable and shameful behavior by her and the conniving, shallow swindler Erickson.

Here is a statement Bart Cutino wrote on facebook.  He feels good about 2 of the researchers, who he knows very well, but agrees the  Whookie mask is bad.  Like many of us thought, the Matilda footage was shot by the previous owners.  The other footage was shot by Ericksons people. 

http://bigfootevidence.blogspot.com/2013/10/bart-cutinos-statement-on-sasquatch.html

Guest StevieStrangeGlove94

Okay, so obviusly this new footage is straight garbage. A couple of night vision sequences a terrible face shot of a wookie, and a sleeping shag carpet. Fits right in with plenty other hoax footage. But what this does clarify for me, and others possibly is that the PG film is the real deal. No footage can compare. Not even after all these years.

The official EP website has three H264 uploads "for media outlets"  and oddly the chewbacca close up is even shorter.

There is also narrative with the video "colors" describing the various hair colors...hummmmm

The footage has been viewed and available to many, who also claim NDAs (thinking Bindernagel)..and expect if the doc ever happens their opinions would be included.  

Moneymaker's involvement in the sale of early videos is a big question and one he can answer, as it seems common knowledge some of those were hoaxed.

It does seem all the "big names" in BFdom are silent on this footage and press release.

I don't think many believe the EP team perpetuated an intentional fraud, and instead tried hard to prove (and claim the prize)..and appear to have some respectable results...even if the blood and glass shard plate and tying their documentary to those DNA results proved perhaps to be for naught.  

Always wondered how the BF juvenile views pancake syrup now....but, they may have samples in with Sykes and if so, waiting for the full release prudent...and meeting a contract obligation perhaps necessary (why else? although, my impression is they don't respect contracts, perhaps a little karma swirls in Bfdom).

Terrible release, not b/c I disbelieve the EP efforts, but for releasing this unexplained and un-supported by any significant testimony or analysis, except by a currently divisive/shunned study...of dubious publication...and with no future documentary date.

For that it is a bummer. I have gotten posts of laughter from my kids....makes me feel bad for us all...and me!

But, if any of this ever gets some traction...and that will come from somewhere else...(.the full documentary, or maybe a complete sharing perhaps of MK's raw data....all the sequences she produced for the the claimed whole genomes of 3 BFs?) and that is looking like Syke's..or...forbid..Spike TV's bounty hunt...

Edited by apehuman