Melba Ketchum/ Erickson Project Press Conference

You seem to be very bitter about this Erikson thing. I just wonder, do you have a dog in this fight?

Nope. I just call it like I see em. Typical Bigfoot community playing follow the leader.

I'm curious what the homeowners told Erickson when they showed him the sleeping bigfoot and Matilda looking at the camera.  Did Erickson say what happened next and they said oh the camera battery died?

Seriously, Moneymaker and others think that it is real so what do they think happened next?  There is no chance that there wouldn't be more footage.  Matilda had to walk away or something.  I think I remember hearing that she snarled at the camera and walked off.  I wonder if we will see that or if that was part of the BS.  The footage of the sleeping thing had to be from close up or it was sleeping out in the open and they were zoomed in, which I doubt.   I can't wrap my head around the fact that so many on the inside thought that mask was real. 

I also wonder if anyone talked to any locals in that area about the original owners.  Were they known for making good Halloween masks or doing any type of costume work?  I realize it looks like Chewbacca, but the hair is obviously different.  It seems like they had to have some skills.  Also, the sleeping thing has some type of costume on.  Where did that come from?  Maybe it's easier than I'm thinking, but I don't know. 

The 20 seconds of footage does not contain any snarl. The immobility of the lips in relation to the teeth is one of the characteristics of a simple mask.

Yes, the hair was replaced, so it would match the costume for the sleeping figure, and the original Chewbacca hair has a very different color, length, teture, etc. Wouldn't match the costume. The people had some basic creature costume skills to do so, but the skill level didn't need to be hollywood pro level.

Although I agree with Bill, I don't need his opinion on this one. It's so obviously fake that anyone can see it. I showed the footage to my son. He just laughed and asked, "Where's Princess Leah?"

Whenever anyone presents nonsense like this, it's a nail in the coffin of any future scientific inquiry into the subject. This is a shame because I believe it to be very likely that such a creature exists.

It's precisely presentations of this nature that will ensure that a Sasquatch will one day be on the slab. There's been so much crud presented that nobody is going to ever believe anything short of a carcass.

• Upvote 1

Another nail in the coffin of those that claim to have better. Ain't buying that, no more, mama. It they had it, they'd present it.

The Circus is in town tonight, MK is gonna be on Greta's show on Fox News Channel @7 tonight.

Thanks for the heads up. I hope Greta throws her some hardball questions, not like the Tee'd up snowball types she gets on C2C.

Nope. I just call it like I see em. Typical Bigfoot community playing follow the leader.

By leader I assume you mean Bill Munns. If you go back and look at the thread when the "Matilda" video was first released, that video had already been severely panned well before Bill ever said anything.

http://bigfootforums.com/index.php/topic/36755-matilda/?hl=matilda

I think everyone knows were I stand on sasquatch. (they are real), but I have to say that none of these clips I believe to be real. The walking clips, all of them, the body language just strikes me as a person (not a sasquatch person) the hands do not seem to go past mid thigh on any of them ( just like my hands) I would think from the reports the hands should be near the knees. The gait seems human. The closeup of the face I agree is Chewbacca.     I may be showing my age here but to tarnish Star Wars in this manner is pure heresy   lol.

Are you suggesting that because it was "panned" that is a solid reason for discredited it?

Again... I have no idea who filmed it, where it was filmed, or if it is even a real Bigfoot. I don't know.

Let's start with a couple simple questions.

Who knows what camera was used to film it? 
Who knows the distance from the camera to the subject?

If it was a mask how was the fur altered, dyed, or replaced to create the illusion of a living creature?

Those would seem to be some pretty basic questions one would think to ask before discrediting something.

Instead we get

"It looks like a chewbacca mask so it must be one." 

Does the Bigfoot community not see the damage it is doing to itself by just calling hoax based on such flimsy investigation parameters?

If the Matilda footage can be so easily dismissed as a simple mask then so can the PGF.

BipedalCurious,

Your attempt to compare the whimsical Ketchum/Erickson footage and the PGF is simply nonsense. Just because someone determines that the K/E footage is fake does not mean that the PGF is hoaxed by default. That is simply an attempt to dismiss the PGF based on such obvious attempts as to declare the K/E footage as nonsense.

Each example is judged on its own merit, not one based on the other. Attempting to compare the two is an attempt to muddy the waters.

One has required the studious work of Bill Munns. The other? Well, let's just say that it's so easy a caveman could do it.

• Upvote 1

If it was a mask how was the fur altered, dyed, or replaced to create the illusion of a living creature?

It didn't, it created the correct perception that it is a wookie mask.

• Upvote 3