My Name Is.... And I'm A Bigfoot Junkie

chelefoot

. I suggest you look for a place and visit it as often as you can, for quite a long period of time,

IMO one reason for that is that they are freakin' subtle, the signs they leave in the woods. Yah, wind and snow does tree breaks, yah, hunters make blinds, yah, squirrels leave piles of nut shells, but you get used to all these things in an area you are VERY familiar with and then things start to pop out, why come there's suddenly 3 tree breaks in a line when it's been calm the last week, and you follow them and come to a "wigwam", not 3 or 4 sticks, more like 8-10 plus, some quite solid/heavy pieces sometimes.. and you either have to think someone is mucking with you or you've gone down the rabbit hole....  BUT... you can't quite definitively pin it on them, it's YOUR area, you **** well know this is not chance breaks made by the weather... you know the wigwam isn't chance hung up deadfalls, crap, you can see the earth on the underside of one piece where it was resting on the ground... doesn't really show good on the camera though, 3D structures a bit at a time in 2D don't give the sense of it, and the experts will nod and smile... coulda been, coulda been, coulda been...

Now in some areas this is all you'll get, activity peaking over 2-3 months, then the whole place is "dead", feels dead, they've moved on, either up or down in altitude or north or south, following the opportunities. Things should pick up again in about 9 months, or maybe they'll be gone for only 3, spring for the berries, fall for the deer or something.

Flashman, I agree. When you visit the same area for a long time, if they are there, you will notice changes. Tree bend's when you know they weren't there before and there was no storm and the tree was way to thick  for a person to do. A branch that is twisted, again no storm's. Unless you go to the same area for long period's and know it well you won't notice anything. It's also a way for them to get used to you.

Hey sheri. I don't think I have read about your encounter. Have you written about it here somewhere?

I had hoped to hear from some who consider themselves skeptics.  I know there are a few here who were proponents when they started here and now they have lost hope that BF is out there. I'm curious about what made them change their minds..  if it was just disgust with all the shenanigans in the community, so many failed attempts to find evidence? Just curious.

I'm here to spread the pro kill word, and try to crunch the data that will make that mission more successful.

I'm in my forties and I'm no longer patient with the "experts", the PGF is almost 50 years old.

I'm cool with the stigma............I just want the mystery solved. And hopefully conservation to follow.

Thanks Sheri!

I'm here to spread the pro kill word, and try to crunch the data that will make that mission more successful.

I'm in my forties and I'm no longer patient with the "experts", the PGF is almost 50 years old.

I'm cool with the stigma............I just want the mystery solved. And hopefully conservation to follow.

Although I don't like the thought of killing them, I have accepted the fact that it is what it is going to take to solve the mystery and I wish you the best!

Why are we here? What do we hope to gain by discussing Bigfoot day in and day out?

That's why I am here.  To try and figure out why it is living in my backyard and what do I have to do with it? 

I just found the BFF recently because I had to talk to others that could help give me possible insight as to what is happening here now. 

Five months ago, I wouldn't have thought twice about any of this.  Kind of hard to wrap your mind around it when it shows up.  Then to keep showing up really gets me looking for answers / discussion and support. 

While I appreciate the Scully / Mulder approach, it's nice to be around others who are interested in this topic and take it seriously.  I am so glad to find you all.  :)

Just when I think that whatever was going on, is gone now, something else happens. 

Maybe if nothing happens for the next 5 years, I'll still be on this board, looking for answers and explanations. But, if things continue on as before, it will show up again.  I don't know when, but for me, it's been the summer of Squatch.  We'll see if it continues, I don't know.  I sure am paying more attention to it now though. 

I just want to learn about what i saw, nothing else really.

All the rest is pretty much irrelevant for me but unfortunately my temperament gets me involved in silly things on the forum as i can't resist giving my $0.02.

But ultimately, overall, i just want to learn more about what i saw, what it does, how it does it, when it does it, what it is and how on earth has it been able to avoid the best part of 400 plus million people for so long.. 

Ditto for me...

Hey sheri. I don't think I have read about your encounter. Have you written about it here somewhere?

I had hoped to hear from some who consider themselves skeptics.  I know there are a few here who were proponents when they started here and now they have lost hope that BF is out there. I'm curious about what made them change their minds..  if it was just disgust with all the shenanigans in the community, so many failed attempts to find evidence? Just curious.

I just saw the opportunity to say this to those who have 'lost hope' and are 'disgusted'.

To paraphrase bipto:  statistically, no one is looking for bigfoot.  Least of all those producing the 'shenanigans.'

Contrary to what we all seem to have been led to believe:  it's not confirmed (although it certainly is detected) when it's seen, and no one should consider confirmation likely until the scientific mainstream gets involved full time.  (Although NAWAC has a chance - maybe a good one - of beating the odds.)

That's why I am here.  To try and figure out why it is living in my backyard and what do I have to do with it? 

I just found the BFF recently because I had to talk to others that could help give me possible insight as to what is happening here now. 

Five months ago, I wouldn't have thought twice about any of this.  Kind of hard to wrap your mind around it when it shows up.  Then to keep showing up really gets me looking for answers / discussion and support. 

While I appreciate the Scully / Mulder approach, it's nice to be around others who are interested in this topic and take it seriously.  I am so glad to find you all.  :)

Just when I think that whatever was going on, is gone now, something else happens. 

Maybe if nothing happens for the next 5 years, I'll still be on this board, looking for answers and explanations. But, if things continue on as before, it will show up again.  I don't know when, but for me, it's been the summer of Squatch.  We'll see if it continues, I don't know.  I sure am paying more attention to it now though. 

If you are anything like me, you will still be searching for answers 5 years from now! :)

And welcome to the BFF!

Similar to the request for Sheri's story (which I've read--thank you Sheri!), have you posted a report or shared your experiences somewhere on this site? If so, point me in the right direction!

Much like Nod mentioned above I vaguely remember Bigfoot being on TV when I was very young. My dad took me to the movies to see that Leonard Nimoy narrated documentary. When I got older I grew out of monster stories. Every now and then some documentary would pop up on TV and I would watch it. I would watch it since I found the idea of a hairy ape-man running around intriguing and, I suppose, watching those shows sort of channeled the inner child a bit. I never thought about Bigfoot once the program was over. That pretty much sums it up until Finding Bigfoot hit the air waves. I tuned in for the reasons I have already mentioned. I was initially quite shocked to see Moneymaker, et al saying things like Bigfoots are known to do this, or that. And I thought to myself how can they say something so definitive about something that is not confirmed? Or was it possible that Bigfoot had been confirmed and I missed seeing it on the news or something?

So I started to try to learn more. To try and see if there had been great progress since the early days of Bigfoot that I remembered from my childhood and passing attention I paid to infrequent documentaries. My curiousity was not driven by any personal experience. I have never seen anything in my countless hours hiking that I ever for a moment thought might be Bigfoot related. The notion simply did not even appear on my mental radar. So I downloaded every documentary I could find and watched them all. I started talking about Bigfoot a bit with the wife. She would roll her eyes and I would say things like, no it's possible I think. There is this phd, Meldrum, who thinks it is an extant species, G.Blacki. What did I know about extant hominids? It sounded plausible. He has a phd, knows vastly more about this than I do. So, while I did not buy into it hook line and sinker, I was tentatively speculative about it. So I kept reading and watching. I bought any ebooks that I could find on the subject. I even paid 50 bucks to have Bindernagels The Discovery of the Sasquatch mail ordered to me. Read that as well. By this time I had found my way here and to several other Bigfoot forums and blogs and, of course, found the two infamous Bigfoot Youtube researchers in my area--Timbergiant and Toejam. I became more skeptical as I became exposed to all the nonsense in this topic. Before that I had no idea what the Bigfoot freezer hoax was or any other hoaxes. 

I also opened my ears to the skeptical side of the topic. That began to make more sense to me. Posts by Saskeptic here were quite effective in my early skeptical leanings. The large amount of hoaxes and dishonesty did no favours for the proponent case. I read lots and lots of witness reports. Again,some of the more radical and completely unsupported claims also served to shore up my skeptical leanings as well. Every big Bigfoot event that comes and ends up in failure time and time again ebbed away at any lingering notions I may have had about the possibility of Bigfoot being real. Eventually the skeptical teachings won out and my curiousity shifted to a conclusion that until something much better than the current body of evidence showed up that there is no such thing as a Bigfoot. That, of course, remains my position and my conclusion based on the evidence and readings that I have done so far. 

One thing I have learned that seems to be quite true is that there is always some new train wreck lining up to happen just as the current one is going down in flames. When I first started looking into this there was Daisy in a box and then the Ketchum study. These were going to bring about the Year of the Sasquatch. Proponents were brushing off their crow recipes anticipating the banquet to follow.  Well Daisy was a hoax ( big surprise) and Ketchum became a huge embarassment. Now we have the Sykes study. When that fails to deliver no doubt there will be some other big thing appearing on the Bigfoot event horizon. Doubtless that, whatever it happens to be, will crash and burn as well.  There is no shortage of trainwreck spotting in Footery it seems. 

I remain interested in the topic. Mostly that interest now is just in the phenomenon itself. Not the alleged creature. I find the personalities attracted to Bigfoot to be interesting for whatever reason. So I stick around. I enjoy debate and discussion and get engaged in topics and find myself arguing the skeptical view point because well that is my view point and my opinion is all that I have to contribute after all.

Edited by dmaker
  • Upvote 1

Much like Nod mentioned above I vaguely remember Bigfoot being on TV when I was very young. My dad took me to the movies to see that Leonard Nimoy narrated documentary. When I got older I grew out of monster stories. Every now and then some documentary would pop up on TV and I would watch it. I would watch it since I found the idea of a hairy ape-man running around intriguing and, I suppose, watching those shows sort of channeled the inner child a bit. I never thought about Bigfoot once the program was over. That pretty much sums it up until Finding Bigfoot hit the air waves. I tuned in for the reasons I have already mentioned. I was initially quite shocked to see Moneymaker, et al saying things like Bigfoots are known to do this, or that. And I thought to myself how can they say something so definitive about something that is not confirmed? Or was it possible that Bigfoot had been confirmed and I missed seeing it on the news or something?

So I started to try to learn more. To try and see if there had been great progress since the early days of Bigfoot that I remembered from my childhood and passing attention I paid to infrequent documentaries. My curiousity was not driven by any personal experience. I have never seen anything in my countless hours hiking that I ever for a moment thought might be Bigfoot related. The notion simply did not even appear on my mental radar. So I downloaded every documentary I could find and watched them all. I started talking about Bigfoot a bit with the wife. She would roll her eyes and I would say things like, no it's possible I think. There is this phd, Meldrum, who thinks it is an extant species, G.Blacki. What did I know about extant hominids? It sounded plausible. He has a phd, knows vastly more about this than I do. So, while I did not buy into it hook line and sinker, I was tentatively speculative about it. So I kept reading and watching. I bought any ebooks that I could find on the subject. I even paid 50 bucks to have Bindernagels The Discovery of the Sasquatch mail ordered to me. Read that as well. By this time I had found my way here and to several other Bigfoot forums and blogs and, of course, found the two infamous Bigfoot Youtube researchers in my area--Timbergiant and Toejam. I became more skeptical as I became exposed to all the nonsense in this topic. Before that I had no idea what the Bigfoot freezer hoax was or any other hoaxes. 

I also opened my ears to the skeptical side of the topic. That began to make more sense to me. Posts by Saskeptic here were quite effective in my early skeptical leanings. The large amount of hoaxes and dishonesty did no favours for the proponent case. I read lots and lots of witness reports. Again,some of the more radical and completely unsupported claims also served to shore up my skeptical leanings as well. Every big Bigfoot event that comes and ends up in failure time and time again ebbed away at any lingering notions I may have had about the possibility of Bigfoot being real. Eventually the skeptical teachings won out and my curiousity shifted to a conclusion that until something much better than the current body of evidence showed up that there is no such thing as a Bigfoot. That, of course, remains my position and my conclusion based on the evidence and readings that I have done so far. 

One thing I have learned that seems to be quite true is that there is always some new train wreck lining up to happen just as the current one is going down in flames. When I first started looking into this there was Daisy in a box and then the Ketchum study. These were going to bring about the Year of the Sasquatch. Proponents were brushing off their crow recipes anticipating the banquet to follow.  Well Daisy was a hoax ( big surprise) and Ketchum became a huge embarassment. Now we have the Sykes study. When that fails to deliver no doubt there will be some other big thing appearing on the Bigfoot event horizon. Doubtless that, whatever it happens to be, will crash and burn as well.  There is no shortage of trainwreck spotting in Footery it seems. 

I remain interested in the topic. Mostly that interest now is just in the phenomenon itself. Not the alleged creature. I find the personalities attracted to Bigfoot to be interesting for whatever reason. So I stick around. I enjoy debate and discussion and get engaged in topics and find myself arguing the skeptical view point because well that is my view point and my opinion is all that I have to contribute after all.

So, you're saying there's a chance?

Heh. Good stuff and well written. I really hope Sykes isn't another in a long line of (admittedly so) train wrecks, because then we'll all just be sitting around waiting for someone on the NAWAC team to pull the trigger and get out of there with their own hide intact. Of course, that's if you believe.

Thanks for sharing your viewpoints. You do so quite well.

Thanks Gotta Know. I don't really know if there is a chance. I don't think that there is. The idea of Bigfoot being everywhere but no hard evidence yet is untenable to me. But what I can say is that if some compelling, objective physical evidence were to be brought forward, well I could hardly argue with that. I don't believe that will happen, but I would have no problem admitting I was wrong if it did. 

Thanks for sharing dmaker! All the "trainwrecks" that you speak of has definitely made me much more hesitant to get anxious and excited about any new promises.