If You Ever Want To Know...

Old Dog

What are the "facts?"

The P/G film is a fact.  There it is.  The Skookum Cast, well, there it is, right there.  The footprints and casts made are facts; there they are.  The reports are facts; someone made them.  The analyses made by relevant experts are facts; one can read them.

Simple enough.  Now when people discuss what they signify is when the silliness comes in.  There's enough of it here.  There'd be way more on HuffPo.

As I keep telling people:  if evidence is coming from something one denies, one can't even process it as evidence.  The denial is the problem; it keeps a sensible discussion from happening.  As does the credulous hopping on everything as a 'squatch;' and the formulation of theories based on zero evidence, or a quantum leap from insufficient evidence

("I saw the look in his eyes.  They're human.")

("They make cheese out of badger snot and feed it to their pet coyotes; this is why badger and coyote hunt together"...hey, thought I should have my own cockamamie theory, good one, right?) 

Edited by DWA

Keeping it to themselves out of ridicule, and proffering contrived footage are two totally separate issues.  People should be embarrassed to put forth crap like what AE is putting out there.  BF is real, but this footage, unfortunately, is not.

I believe the comments and reactions would be the same regardless of how good or genuine appearing the footage offered was.  Some people believe everything is a Sasquatch, others believe nothing is.  Somewhere in the middle may lie the truth.  However, to offer anything publicly and suffer the sort of ridicule and reactions, not to mention the personal attacks from others, is pure folly.  Some have gone beyond needing to convince others one way or the other, and just prefer to keep it close and within a personal small circle of people.  

Hello Old Dog, 

....However, to offer anything publicly and suffer the sort of ridicule and reactions, not to mention the personal attacks from others, is pure folly.  Some have gone beyond needing to convince others one way or the other, and just prefer to keep it close and within a personal small circle of people.

Alas, I think that that partiular dynamic gets played out WRT here as well. Good subject on an important dilemma. Thanks

Your "facts" leave a fair amount to be desired.

PGF? I'm of the opinion it depicts a flesh and blood unknown creature.

The casts of footprints are, in fact, actual casts of something that could be mistaken or faked. Reports are, indeed, actually reported. That certainly does not make any single report factual.

What else ya got?

HROT?

I had to look that up as I had no clue what it meant. But yes, rivals, but not the Iowa site specifically. I go by the super clever name Nod4Eight over there too. Have you seen Hawkit3113 over on HR lately? Dude had some heart problems and disappeared from the soundoff board.

Your "facts" leave a fair amount to be desired.

PGF? I'm of the opinion it depicts a flesh and blood unknown creature.

The casts of footprints are, in fact, actual casts of something that could be mistaken or faked. Reports are, indeed, actually reported. That certainly does not make any single report factual.

What else ya got?

Well...anyone have proof that the footprints are faked, or that the reports aren't what they appear to be?

Right.  What we have is something that is UNRESOLVED.

But most scientists don't understand that.  They actually say something that utterly violates science to its core:  that all that is baloney until it's proven not to be.

No it isn't!  It is UNRESOLVED until it is proven what it is.

A fundamental bedrock principle of science:

Every - EVERY - entrant in a scientific discussion is required to back its claim with evidence.

That's why I'm with the proponents.  It's the only reason I'm here.  They are providing all the evidence.  Anyone who says they are spouting baloney either proves that ...or bows out of the discussion as they have no standing to be in it.

To those of us familiar with this topic, the skeptics' claim is far more improbable than the proponents'; Occam clearly says, let's find a body and settle this.

If you disagree:  that is one extraordinary claim there, buddy.

Back it up.

(Although sounds like you're with me on P/G.  Good for you there.  Because that is what all the evidence says it is.)

Well yeah.  And I do wonder why it is necessary to keep saying something self-evident, but what the heck, one more time:

When the evidence points to the reality of something, it does not matter whether it is proven or not.  It is time to prove it.

Edited by DWA

Hello DWA,

You've said it well enough. I agree. Between the JG database and the BFRO database there are over 12,000 witness reports. So are we dealing with over 12,000 LIARS? I think not.

So are we dealing with over 12,000 LIARS? I think not.

There are those who will tell you that not all of them are liars, the one's who aren't liars are just mistaken or delusional.

Edited by Old Dog

If anyone here thinks the skeptics or scoftics on BFF are difficult to put up with, just go to another forum that has nothing to do with cryptic creatures.  I frequent a college football forum and any mention of BF there immediately brings 99% of the members there calling you crazy.  It it something that is simply not taken seriously - by mainstream science, by media (they use BF stories as fluff/humorous general interest) and most people in general. 

I have noticed the same thing on many of the hunting and archery forums that I am a member of. But I have noticed that on the largest one I am a member of that even though most of the responders to a thread about bigfoot don't believe there are always a few that will be brave enough to give a short description of their experiences and no one ever calls them out about it. I have sent several PM's to folks who have posted about encounters they have had and been very lucky to have most if not all of them very willing to share their experience with me. Quite a few have been long time members who I have no reason to believe would simply make up a story. While I have no way to check out their reports they are still very interesting to me.

I have noticed the same thing on many of the hunting and archery forums that I am a member of. But I have noticed that on the largest one I am a member of that even though most of the responders to a thread about bigfoot don't believe there are always a few that will be brave enough to give a short description of their experiences and no one ever calls them out about it. I have sent several PM's to folks who have posted about encounters they have had and been very lucky to have most if not all of them very willing to share their experience with me. Quite a few have been long time members who I have no reason to believe would simply make up a story. While I have no way to check out their reports they are still very interesting to me.

There was an epicly long BF thread on a bow hunting site I used to frequent. This was about 15 years ago. Most were naysayers but there were a few proponents.