If You Ever Want To Know...

Old Dog

There are those who will tell you that not all of them are liars, the one's who aren't liars are just mistaken or delusional.

Well, the statistical probability that all of them are describing the same thing and citing the same details just went WAY down.

This is a fundamental point bigfoot skeptics refuse to understand:  one must either speculate ONE and ONE ONLY cause of ALL evidence....or the chances of a 100% false positive get exponentially smaller with each possibility one adds.

Occam wins again.

I once started a "Who has seen bigfoot" thread on a fly fishing forum for the Northwest that was heavily dominated by Oregonians. It went about seven pages of people who have heard tree knocking and other such encounters. I was surprised to see so many experiences. I don't recall one naysayer.

Edited by TD-40

Sometimes when one delves into local - particularly outdoor - cultures, one finds a homogeneity of experience missing when one is polling the larger society, much of which simply doesn't get outside much.

There are a lot of people who only need the "I was wondering if anyone else..."

I've long since gotten over the shyness of asking people straight out if I think they happen to live in a likely location. Yesterday, we were deep in Talladega County, AL, and I was talking to man I had just met who has a place. I just out and asked him, "Seen any Sasquatch around the house?" He didn't pause or even blink, "Nope, they are all over on the river, at our hunting camp." Sighting reports confirm that, yeah, this would be the more likely place.

...and it's long been noted how, in any of numerous Deep South whistlestops, sit down in a diner wearing Bigfoot gear, and get surrounded, quick.

Just imagine how many people have had sightings if only 1% of them that are reported are true, and that very few of them get reported at all.

I once started a "Who has seen bigfoot" thread on a fly fishing forum for the Northwest that was heavily dominated by Oregonians. It went about seven pages of people who have heard tree knocking and other such encounters. I was surprised to see so many experiences. I don't recall one naysayer.

Any chance that site was the once robust Westfly?

I've long since gotten over the shyness of asking people straight out if I think they happen to live in a likely location. Yesterday, we were deep in Talladega County, AL, and I was talking to man I had just met who has a place. I just out and asked him, "Seen any Sasquatch around the house?" He didn't pause or even blink, "Nope, they are all over on the river, at our hunting camp." Sighting reports confirm that, yeah, this would be the more likely place.

WSA: If the man happened to be talking about the area NW of Sylacauga near the Coosa River, he was telling you the absolute truth. A LOT of folks in Talladega County know about the "Boogers".