Ch4 Uk Next Week... Sykes Bigfoot Show

Guest Junior

SSR Team

That came out of the blue..

Interesting that the first episode is in Asia and not North America..

Hmmm.

Guest Darrell

^Well Sykes is British and there is more national interest over there in Asia/SE Asia than in the good old USA. I also have to speculate that the samples he was given from the US didnt offer anything of importance and what he recieved from Asia did.

Can anyone who is familiar with the channel it will be airing on chime in with the kind of programming that they usually run on it? It sounds interesting, but why have a tv show prior to publishing? I have a sinking feeling there won't be any specific answers but maybe open new lines of inquiry into bf/yeti? Thoughts? UPs

I have the bad feeling that it's a reRun, and ... if we're lucky, Dr. Sykes will give them an update. 

Am pretty sure the Mark Evans Yeti investigations were shown before. 

Guest Stan Norton

Can anyone who is familiar with the channel it will be airing on chime in with the kind of programming that they usually run on it? It sounds interesting, but why have a tv show prior to publishing? I have a sinking feeling there won't be any specific answers but maybe open new lines of inquiry into bf/yeti? Thoughts? UPs

Channel four airs an eclectic mix of cutting edge documentary and voyeuristic tat. Guess this could have a big foot in both!

Ch 4 is a good station, pushes the boundrys on some styles of show like it started BIg Brother shows, however it does show the best documentarys of different subjects on terrestrial tv on par with the BBC for that.

The guy fronting the show is the guy who does " inside natures giants" a program where they dissect and do autopsys on big animals and sow how they work from paws, lungs, fur , muscle to skeleton.

Here

The host is a non wacky type too..very good credentials..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Evans_(TV_presenter)

Edited by Junior

SSR Team

^Well Sykes is British and there is more national interest over there in Asia/SE Asia than in the good old USA. I also have to speculate that the samples he was given from the US didnt offer anything of importance and what he recieved from Asia did.

It's possible with reference to the last part, although I'd be amazed if that was the case.

There may be more interest in the Yeti here though you're right but overall there isn't a great deal of interest in neither as its generally thought of as complete hogwash which is why I keep my sighting virtually completely under wraps.

Another reason could be that in our newspapers, we only get subjected to the Rick Dyers of this world an horrible YT footage every now and again.;)

British scientists and explorers were chasing the Yeti long before they were aware of Bigfoot, so it's not unusual to start with the Yeti.

I don't think the show will prove anything, as opined above, but it is a means of raising awareness to possibilities and to the fact that some evidence cannot be easily dismissed.

It's a good way for Sykes' to set the stage for subsequent revelations, either in the press/media, or in a peer-reviewed source.  Properly done, it introduces him to the public in a good light and builds trust.

There are two possibilities that could motivate Sykes.  Either he sees money in simply talking about the possibility of the Yeti and bigfoot, whether he believes they exist or not, which would be a primarily mercenary motivation, or he knows he's on to something and is seeking to prep his peers and the public for objective consideration of his subsequent findings.

I'm betting the show leaves us with, "There may actually be...", followed on schedule with scientific peer-reviewed proof.

Keep in mind that Sykes' decision to do this show was several months ago, so he felt comfortable with his course of action back then.  We're months down the road from that now and the show is about to air.  For that matter, a man of Sykes' stature would not have picked up the challenge to begin with without some assurance of an outcome that would justify his time, effort, and exposure.

It's always interesting to watch other groups that are in the loop, or perhaps just outside it, who have a stake in what associated or competing groups are doing.  Note the recent Ketchum/Erickson press conference and string of media appearances.  It seems to me that they didn't provide anything new, but were simply jumping up and down exclaiming, "We were here first."  If so, this would indicate that they, at least, believe Sykes is about to steal their thunder.

SSR Team

Don't know nod but pretty sure you can watch it live online if you go through a UK proxy, we are 6 hours in front of CST right now.

Note the recent Ketchum/Erickson press conference and string of media appearances.  It seems to me that they didn't provide anything new, but were simply jumping up and down exclaiming, "We were here first."  If so, this would indicate that they, at least, believe Sykes is about to steal their thunder.

Thats makes good sense to me and maybe just maybe we can end this year MUCH better than this one started!