Ch4 Uk Next Week... Sykes Bigfoot Show

Guest Junior

Like JDL said, this looks "mercenary" - but to be more precise, it looks like his real project was trying to cash in on the subject and the scientific findings are simply incidental. And like OntarioSquatch said, there are 3 shows, one for each continent, according to http://www.bigfootbuzz.net/dr-bryan-sykes-bigfoot-evidence-confirmed-in-new-book/

I was told by the folks having evidence tested that 3 documentaries were made from the around the world. One was on the North American Sasquatch, The Yeti from Siberia, and The Russian Wildman. I was told that Dr. Sykes would announce his findings at the end of each documentary on the evidence tested.

I haven't read his other books (honestly not interested in those topics) so I don't know what to think of his approach - are his findings going to be peer reviewed before they are publicized? Do the academic journals (gatekeepers) even matter if he is doing an end run around them while he is gunning for publicity? 

Edited by shoot1

Sykes scientific pedigree will make it difficult for his peers to be overly critical before his paper is released.

It's a subject that Sykes, Nekaris and Sartori have discussed for quite sometime now. Interesting however that we have heard very little from the sceptical Sartori on the project in recent months.

Just had the first advertisement for this CH4 documentrary on TV this morning, 8pm Sunday. For those across the pond who wont see it you may be able to get it on 4OD, the on demand service.

Are there any major scientific breakthroughs announced first on a scheduled tv program?

Good question.  How can one know?

On YouTube, I find many partial interviews of Dr. Sykes on TV. 

In those, he discusses-promotes his new-at-the-time books. 

I figure the books, bein' for the general public, tell what he has

found without bothering me/non-scientist with the data. 

^ Perhaps his science paper has already been submitted 

to a science journal, but not yet published. 

In any case, I doubt that he'll tell all on the TV show. 

I really think that something positive will come out of this. It all started with, OK lets test some 20 samples, and get this crypto stuff off the table. Now its a three episode Documentary, a paper and a book. I dont see any reason for them to make just another Monsterquest. BF isnt a topic of public interest in europe at all. The Yeti is at least known somehow.

Why write a book, that might not sell well after a "nothing found" documentary and paper. Just hundreds of pages of "I told you so"? 

Finally, Sykes can do what he wants, if his samples dont turn out to be special, he doesnt proof BF etc. negative, just the single samples.

But maybe the BF phenomena has evolved and now includes scientist ruining their reputation one after another. 

But maybe the BF phenomena has evolved and now includes scientist ruining their reputation one after another. 

What?!  Do you mean that the Psychic Sasquatch has the power to cloud men's minds

(& women's) & cause them to ruin their careers so that they will never find him?? 

That would explain a lot. 

I mean, I always thought that Sasquatch had clouded the minds of some scoftics ... 

that in fact, Bf is behind a deep-seated, irrational disbelief in him. What better way to hide?

Did Patty zap Roger?

If it is true, who would know? Is there a cure -- a wake up pill? 

ETA: "The power to cloud men's minds" is a line from an ancient radio show -- not

sure which, maybe it was "The Shadow." 

Edited by Oonjerah

Are there any major scientific breakthroughs announced first on a scheduled tv program?

This is actually a good question because if they are promoted as commercial products, then the answer is yes.  I keep waffling and flip-flopping on whether or not he has anything substantial to present but I think this has basically been a stealth marketing campaign all along.  I'm not convinced he has made a breakthrough but I'm sure that more people are starting to come around to the idea that DNA evidence is not good enough. There needs to be a concerted effort to get a type-specimen. As for Sykes himself, he was probably impressed by the amount of attention Ketchums project received so he's making what money he can in his academic-niche / area of expertise and you can't fault him for that.